Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Reiko Yamamura - Onryo [Accepted!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Reiko Yamamura
Nicknames: Rei, RP will decide others

Faction: Ghost
Race: Onryo

Natural Ability: The Ties of Vengeance: Reiko is able to sense anyone she has sworn personal revenge on when they are close to her. At year 1, it only works within about ten feet.

Personality:
“How May I Help You?”: Rei is unfailingly polite in the Japanese model. She is deferential to everyone around her, especially those of higher status, prefers to avoid disagreement, would never criticize anyone in her group of friends, and refuses to accept credit for her accomplishments, preferring to praise friends for theirs. She is very much a “proper lady,” and finds herself aghast at girls who do not behave this way. She will almost never let this slip, unless someone were to extremely fluster or upset her.

Politeness Judo, Away!: Rei can be very good at getting people to do what she wants simply by being so darned nice. A smile and a soft request, she has found, go much further than an angry demand, and she is good at diffusing brewing arguments and making each participant walk away with the idea that they’ve won. If politeness doesn't work, she's likely to back down.

Friends Forever!: Once you get to be her friend, Rei is your friend forever. She places a high value on loyalty, and would never do anything to hurt or upset a friend on purpose. She would be extremely distressed if she did it by accident.

Silk Hiding Steel: Sweet and shy as Rei is, if you hurt her or one of her friends, you had best believe that she will not be happy. And when Rei is not happy, her goal immediately becomes to make whoever made her unhappy just as unhappy as she is.

NEVER FORGIVE NEVER FORGET: It may take forever to get Rei truly upset, but once she is, she never lets go of a grudge. Onryo are spirits of revenge, after all! She will spend months or even years paying someone back for a slight in small, subtle, almost undetectable ways. Rei’s vengeance is not loud or fast-it is slow, subtle, and effective.

Please Don't Be So Loud: Rei is naturally quiet and deferential, but around someone who is very loud and boisterous or directly bossy, she becomes even more so than usual, barely able to do more than nod and squeak out agreements.

I Do Not Appreciate Your Male-Ness: Reiko's first response to someone male is a deep, abiding distrust and discomfort. She doesn't understand where it stems from, all she knows is that anyone male is not to be trusted. It tends to lead to a desire to hurt them before they hurt her, but generally she's able to suppress it to little more than being very clipped and obviously uncomfortable around them. It would take quite a bit to overcome this. This applies regardless of whether the person behaves in a masculine or feminine manner. For instance, if she were to misidentify a male as a female, upon finding out she was wrong she would immediately become uncomfortable with him, moreso perhaps because she would feel deceived by his appearance. Conversely, upon finding out the real gender of a boyish female, she would immediately like that person much better. She is also much more likely to interpret the actions and behaviors of males in a negative light and to unleash the full power of her vengeance on them.

Conflicted: This stems from her natural distrust of males-Reiko cannot remember not feeling that way, but she also doesn't understand why she does, and on an intellectual level she realizes that the people she is so readily distrusting have not done anything to harm her and have given her no reason to feel that way.She feels guilty and conflicted about this, because she knows it's not "right" to feel this way but she can't ignore it.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? After Reiko first found herself in Halloween, she was taken in for a while by an older onryo, who told her about Amityville and indicated it might be the best place for a young ghost such as herself. For her part, Reiko liked the idea of being able to meet others and learn more about Halloween.

She attended the field trip to the Horseman islands, and made several friends at Amityville. She also developed a deep hatred of Hunters. Both of these have pushed her harder to return to Amity.

FEAR Ability:
Contort: Reiko bends herself in ways that should not be possible and develops claws on her hands and feet. Twisted like this, she can skitter quickly towards opponents and claw them multiple times.
-Follows the "Swift Strikes" mechanic(?)

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour/Style: Black, reaches past her waist, usually in her face.
Skin Colour: Extremely pale, just off from white
Clothing Style/Colours: A traditional Japanese kimono and sandals; the kimono is white with extremely light pink trim and a light pink obi, the sandals are light brown. Both are stained with what looks to be very old blood and slightly tattered. She also wears a flower hairpin; what kind of flower might vary, she has a fairly large collection.
Extra: None
References: Sketch by one over three, sketch by Fatal Irony  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 am
I'LL DO MY BEST~

Polite- I'd define what kind of polite she is? I mean, there is Victorian era polite, 'traditional', modern, ect. Polite is a broad umbrella term, but what kind of polite, also, when is she not polite?

Politeness Judo, Away!- I would reword this a bit. The reason being that it's predetermining the actions or encounters with others. Manipulation is more a show don't tell. Or tell but just be careful with how. A very simple, (and I mean simple) thing to do is "Rei is very good at getting people to do what she;" to 'Rei can be very good at getting people to do what she-' changing is to can be turns something that sounded like an absolute to a more open ended option. Also, try adding in what she does when she doesn't get a response she wants. Does her manipulation ever come back to haunt her?

On the fear of males- Gender has a more ambiguous line then normal. Some students might appear male, but really be female. Some male that appear female. Some indistinguishable, some with none, some with both. What happens if she meets what she things is a ghoul but is actually a boil? Likewise, a boil who is a ghoul? Or one that doesn't have a gender at all?  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:37 am
iStoleYurVamps

Oksy first, thanks for taking your time to crit!

On the politeness thing, it would be a traditional Japanese sort of politeness; I'll go back and clarify that. And I'll reword and expand the politeness judo section.

With a bit of thought (and since you pointed out that gender is more fluid in Halloween), I'll switch her fear from being based around gender to being based around behavior-afraid of someone who is loud and boisterous or bossy, and sort of slipping into an extra deference to them, regardless of whether they're a boil or a ghoul.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm
Fiddled with a few things~ Added back in discomfort with men, but tried to make it a bit more clear.  

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 am
heart  

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm
Signed up for meta with Reiko~! <3

Edit: And got her a Groanspring! Ask away~  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm
Post-meta solo because why the hell not.

Home. Reiko was home, back in the little house with its shogi-screen doors and tatami mats and everything that she had so missed when she had been away. But the whispers, they were still there, telling her that Kayako would throw her out as soon as she arrived because she was unwanted, she was dead weight. How long would the whispers stay?

“Reiko!” Kayako’s voice made her daughter jerk her head up and her eyes widen. “Oh, my little one, how are you? Are you alright? How was the exchange program?”

“…Harrowing.” Reiko replied. Kayako blinked, but her face warmed with concern.

“What happened?” She asked, enfolding Reiko in a warm embrace.

“Much. I…do not wish to speak of it.” She said firmly. She wasn’t ready, she still had to sort through everything that happened herself. Kayako nodded.

“I will be here when you are ready to speak, Reiko-chan,” Kayako said.

“Thank you, okaa-san.” Reiko replied. She walked back to where her room was and pulled out her eyephone, checking for texts. Nothing, as expected. Her friends at Amityville had simply forgotten her once she was out of sight. That was her, utterly forgettable. Mitzi had promised to text in a few days…but how likely was that? So she put the phone on the floor next to her tatami mat, lay down, closed her eyes, and fell asleep, as it were. She simply did not want to think anymore. She wanted to push the voices away, to make them stop, to make them leave her alone, to stop feeling like everyone hated her, because surely, surely it couldn’t be true…? But oh, how it felt like it was.

She was awoke hours, or possibly days, later. She wasn’t sure how long she had slept for, and she didn’t feel any better, and the whispers were still there. She rolled over to get her phone and check the time…and the date.

It wasn’t there.

Confusion wrote itself across the onryo’s face. She was sure she had set it down right next to her…why was it moved? Perhaps okaa-san had come in to check on her, and had moved it off the floor. Yes, that seemed likely. Well, she would simply have to go out and ask for it back.

Resolved, the onryo stood up, until a wave of panic hit her. Oh dear Jack, Alexander’s number was still on her phone. Labeled as Alexander. Why had she not shortened it to Alex? If okaa-san had looked through her contacts…! Were it shortened, she could at least have lied, but no, she was so stupid, so foolish. Well, she would simply have to stand determined. Alexander had protected her when the teruu attacked in the class on Famine and she had frozen up. He was a good sort of boil, rare as those were, and she would simply have to explain such to okaa-san.

She walked into the main room, to see okaa-san standing there, Reiko’s eyephone in hand. The older onryo’s expression was blank, utterly devoid of emotion.

It was the most terrifying thing Reiko had ever seen.

“My sweet Reiko-chan,” Kayako said, “would you care to explain just why there is a boil’s name in your contacts?”

“Because I met a zombil named Alexander, he was kind to me, and we exchanged numbers?” Honesty. Always the best policy. Right?

“Is that so.” It was not a question, but Reiko answered it as if it was.

“It is so.” She said firmly. “Okaa-san, he defended me, at great risk to himself. Not every boil is an evil thing waiting to harm us.”

“I wish I had your innocence, Reiko-chan. ...No, I do not, for then I would see it exploited, as yours is being.” Kayako growled. “He defended you so that when you arrived at school, you would be in his debt!”

“That isn’t true!” Reiko snapped. “You have not met him, you were not there. Do not pass judgement!” The voices goaded her, pushed her on.

“I am your elder, and I know far better than you.” Kayako growled. “Clearly this trip has turned you into a disrespectful little whelp. What other sorts did you meet, to corrupt you so?”

Kayako shifted her position, and with no further warning, threw Reiko’s phone across the room. The younger onryo let out a loud gasp as it smacked against the wall and cracked, broken.

“No! No!” Reiko gasped. That had bene her only link to her friends, the only way she could contact them…!

“You will thank me for saving you one day, Reiko-chan.” Kayako said, her voice almost pitying. Reiko stared at her balefully. She sincerely doubted that. The younger onryo turned and walked away rather than speaking. Lashing out in anger would do nothing to improve her situation. Being belligerent would fix nothing.

Besides, the voices reminded her, no one wanted to contact her anyway.

She shut the door to her room. It would be some time before she came out again.

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm
GOOD GOD THIS QUEST DECIDED TO RUN AND HIDE FROM ME.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am
Ffffffff got a customs slot! -posts for enrollment- heart  

Noir Songbird

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 pm
Ever since the last batch of applications had been dropped off, resident gnome, Karl McLargehueg, had begun to feel watched every time he walked past the administration section. Sometimes he'd catch a glimpse of glowing eyes staring out from the shadows of Hellma's office. Of course that wasn't really strange in itself, because Hellma. But still, there was a different quality to the malevolent stare, something beyond general evil and veering directly into the land of personal vendetta. Karl tried not to think about it too much, but every once in awhile he'd hear the soft squeal of metal, and wonder if the Bin had figured out that it was he who had accidentally spilled rubber cement on it the other week.

No...it couldn't be. Everyone thought Arel had done it!

Or did they...  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff