Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians In Gaia

Back to Guilds

Open to everyone who wants to share their love for Jesus or even convert themselves into Christians. 

Tags: Jesus, Catholic, Religion, Holy, Bible 

Reply Main Forum
Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 am
1.-Fortress

It is the gift to resist the lure, to be consistant with the Gospel, to take risks in the struggle for justice, not fear martyrdom. St. Paul relied on the gift of fortitude. He said: If God is with us who can be against us? (Romans 8:31).

2.- Wisdom

It is the gift of perceiving right and wrong, which facilitates and hinders the design of God. For this gift does not seek the advantages of this world, but the Supreme Good Life, which fills our hearts with peace and makes us happy. Saith the Lord: Blessed is the man who found the wisdom... it is more valuable then pearls (cf. Prov 3:13-15).

3.- Science

It is the gift of knowing how to interpret and explain the word of God. For this gift, the Holy Spirit reveals the inside God thought about us as the mysteries of God Nobody knows, unless the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2.10 to 15).

4.- Council

It is the gift of discern paths and options, guide to know and listen, to animate the faith and the hope of the community. But the Lord told him: Do not be impressed by his lovely aspect, because i have refused. The man sees is not what matters: the man sees face, but the Lord sees the heart (1 Sam 16:17).

5.- Understanding

It is the gift of God which enlightens us to accept the truths revealed by God. Even not understanding the mystery, we understand that there is our salvation, because it comes from God who is infallible. The Lord said: I will give them an heart to know me and understand I am the Lord (Jer 24,7).

6.-Mercy

It is the gift of always being open to God's will, trying to act as Jesus would act and identify next the face of Christ. It is the gift for which the Holy Spirit gives us a taste to love and serve God with Joy. The kingdom of God is not food and drink, but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Rom 14:17).

7.- Fear of God

It does not mean fear of God fear of offending God. he is our best friend, We fear we will not returning the love that is owed. More then fear is respect and appreciation fro God. Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all thy soul and with all thy strength (Dt 6:4-5).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 pm
do you believe these are the only gifts of the holy spirit?

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

It is the gift to resist the lure, to be consistant with the Gospel, to take risks in the struggle for justice, not fear martyrdom. St. Paul relied on the gift of fortitude. He said: If God is with us who can be against us? (Romans 8:31).

2.- Wisdom

It is the gift of perceiving right and wrong, which facilitates and hinders the design of God. For this gift does not seek the advantages of this world, but the Supreme Good Life, which fills our hearts with peace and makes us happy. Saith the Lord: Blessed is the man who found the wisdom... it is more valuable then pearls (cf. Prov 3:13-15).

3.- Science

It is the gift of knowing how to interpret and explain the word of God. For this gift, the Holy Spirit reveals the inside God thought about us as the mysteries of God Nobody knows, unless the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2.10 to 15).

4.- Council

It is the gift of discern paths and options, guide to know and listen, to animate the faith and the hope of the community. But the Lord told him: Do not be impressed by his lovely aspect, because i have refused. The man sees is not what matters: the man sees face, but the Lord sees the heart (1 Sam 16:17).

5.- Understanding

It is the gift of God which enlightens us to accept the truths revealed by God. Even not understanding the mystery, we understand that there is our salvation, because it comes from God who is infallible. The Lord said: I will give them an heart to know me and understand I am the Lord (Jer 24,7).

6.-Mercy

It is the gift of always being open to God's will, trying to act as Jesus would act and identify next the face of Christ. It is the gift for which the Holy Spirit gives us a taste to love and serve God with Joy. The kingdom of God is not food and drink, but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Rom 14:17).

7.- Fear of God

It does not mean fear of God fear of offending God. he is our best friend, We fear we will not returning the love that is owed. More then fear is respect and appreciation fro God. Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all thy soul and with all thy strength (Dt 6:4-5).

-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 pm
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

2.- Wisdom

3.- Science

4.- Council

5.- Understanding

6.-Mercy

7.- Fear of God

I do.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am
Do you believe that God can speak to you and/or through you in an "audible" way?...Do you believe his presence is tangible?...Do you believe that he has gifted people with an ability to pray and have things happen? (sorry for peppering you with questions)

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

2.- Wisdom

3.- Science

4.- Council

5.- Understanding

6.-Mercy

7.- Fear of God

I do.

-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm
-Love_Amaliah-
Do you believe that God can speak to you and/or through you in an "audible" way?...Do you believe his presence is tangible?...Do you believe that he has gifted people with an ability to pray and have things happen? (sorry for peppering you with questions)

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

2.- Wisdom

3.- Science

4.- Council

5.- Understanding

6.-Mercy

7.- Fear of God

I do.

If we listen and pray like we are taught too we might hear God in an audible way like Moses did in the bible. However, Moses was in a state of grace and was chosen by God to listen to his Holy Word to pass on his Holy messages. We live such noisy lives in this current time with technology and fast lifestyles. I believe God does talk to you through other people or the Holy Spirit gives you the right words to say to other people when people ask about God. I do believe he gifts some people the ability to pray and have things happen but its God's will to grant those prayers.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 pm
Oh definatly God's will to grant all things i was just...making sure i was on the same page as people. sometimes when people believe different things it can be a dividing factor like politics and i didn't want to divide people.

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

2.- Wisdom

3.- Science

4.- Council

5.- Understanding

6.-Mercy

7.- Fear of God

I do.

If we listen and pray like we are taught too we might hear God in an audible way like Moses did in the bible. However, Moses was in a state of grace and was chosen by God to listen to his Holy Word to pass on his Holy messages. We live such noisy lives in this current time with technology and fast lifestyles. I believe God does talk to you through other people or the Holy Spirit gives you the right words to say to other people when people ask about God. I do believe he gifts some people the ability to pray and have things happen but its God's will to grant those prayers.

-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 am
-Love_Amaliah-
Oh definatly God's will to grant all things i was just...making sure i was on the same page as people. sometimes when people believe different things it can be a dividing factor like politics and i didn't want to divide people.

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
1.-Fortress

2.- Wisdom

3.- Science

4.- Council

5.- Understanding

6.-Mercy

7.- Fear of God

I do.

It's ones choice to have a division about belief's. We can only enlighten our own insight and display God's Holy Love to other people. There are people in history and now who communicate to the Lord Jesus Christ and Blessed Mother Mary. The miracle of Fatima when the three children had the apparition of Blessed Mother appear to them ( http://www.ewtn.com/fatima/apparitions/October.htm
or http://visionsofjesuschrist.com/ you can also read http://www.holylove.org/welcome.php )
God Bless.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am
I think we are gonna get along just find biggrin i personally just didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh
-Love_Amaliah-

Aleetheeuh

I do.

It's ones choice to have a division about belief's. We can only enlighten our own insight and display God's Holy Love to other people. There are people in history and now who communicate to the Lord Jesus Christ and Blessed Mother Mary. The miracle of Fatima when the three children had the apparition of Blessed Mother appear to them ( http://www.ewtn.com/fatima/apparitions/October.htm
or http://visionsofjesuschrist.com/ you can also read http://www.holylove.org/welcome.php )
God Bless.

-Love_Amaliah-

Swordsman of God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:23 pm
We are Body :

(1 Corinthians 12:1)  Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
(1 Corinthians 12:2)  Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
(1 Corinthians 12:3)  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
(1 Corinthians 12:4)  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 12:5)  And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
(1 Corinthians 12:6)  And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
(1 Corinthians 12:7)  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(1 Corinthians 12: cool   For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(1 Corinthians 12:9)  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
(1 Corinthians 12:10)  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
(1 Corinthians 12:11)  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
(1 Corinthians 12:12)  For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
(1 Corinthians 12:13)  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
(1 Corinthians 12:14)  For the body is not one member, but many.
(1 Corinthians 12:15)  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:16)  And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:17)  If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
(1 Corinthians 12:1 cool   But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
(1 Corinthians 12:19)  And if they were all one member, where were the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:20)  But now are they many members, yet but one body.
(1 Corinthians 12:21)  And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
(1 Corinthians 12:22)  Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
(1 Corinthians 12:23)  And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
(1 Corinthians 12:24)  For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
(1 Corinthians 12:25)  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
(1 Corinthians 12:26)  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
(1 Corinthians 12:27)  Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
(1 Corinthians 12:2 cool   And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
(1 Corinthians 12:29)  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
(1 Corinthians 12:30)  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
(1 Corinthians 12:31)  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

I believe that with this the gifts are not set to one person unless office - and that you can share gifts with others to further the Body of Christ  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games