Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Announcement Bible Verses!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this idea?
  Yes.
  No.
  It's alright.
View Results

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm
Every time I write up an announcement, I sneak a Bible verse in there. ; ) I try to make sure it's always different and so far I haven't gotten any PMs saying I already did a certain verse. However, I did recently get a PM from a member who suggested a great idea for these verses. "you should have topic of the week- like courage where people post a bible verse about courage" So let's do that! <3 I will only be changing out topics once a month though. : )

TOPIC

Spending time with the Lord

-Just write any encouraging thoughts you have on this topic or any other verses you know of that have to do with the topic. : D

ANNOUNCEMENT VERSE

Verses - Psalm 143:8 May I hear about your loyal love in the morning, for I trust in you. Show me the way I should go, because I long for you. NET (Side Note- Spend time with God in the morning, before life's trouble of the day come so that you may ready for everything.)

Mathew 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. ESV (Side note- Set aside time for just you and God, away from life's distractions. Have this one on one time away in a quiet place, humbly, and not in front of others to gain respect. For it is about God, not you.)

Previous topics and their verse.

1/16/12: Courage and Deuteronomy 31:8

2/1/12 & 2/16/12: Loving everyone + Romans 13:8 and 1 John 4:7

3/1/12 & 3/16/12: Encouragement for when you fall + Romans 3:10 and 2 Cor 12:9

4/1/12 & 4/16/12: His word + 2 Peter 1:20-21 and Revelation 22:18-19

5/1/12 & 5/16/12: The Trinity + 1 John 5:7 and Genesis 1:26

6/1/12 & 6/16/12: Forgiveness + Mathew 18:21-22 and Mark 11:25

7/1/12 & 7/16/12: Conviction + Quote and 1 John 1:9

8/1/12 & 8/19/12: Peace with the Lord + Isaiah 26:3 and Romans 8:6

9/1/12 & 9/30/12: What is prayer + Philippians 4:6 and Matthew 6:9-13 and 1 Thessalonians 5:17

10/1/12 & 10/19/12: Encouragement in change + Hebrews 13:8 and Psalms 18:2 and Joshua 1:9

February&April: Speech + Ephesians 4:29 and Ephesians 5:4

June-November: Spending time with the Lord + Psalm 143:8 and Matthew 6:6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 pm
a verse about courage that I have recently found while reading the bible over the past couple weeks is this:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your god will be with you where you go" - Joshua 1:9

Actually the whole book of Joshua has been a book that has taught me courage. And it has taught me to be a warrior for Christ, even when I feel like a heap of coal.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 am
I always like to see verses , it makes me happy! I find strength in many of them as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 am
February 2/1/2012 & 2/16/2012

Topic = Love

Verse = 2/1/12 Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.(NIV)

2/16/12 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm
Knights- I'm glad to see that you like the verses. ^^ <3

Love = The very well/commonly known verses John 3:16 AND 17 <3

and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 <3 ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 pm
March 3/01/12

Topic = Encouragement for when you fall down.

Verse = 3/1/12 Romans 3:10 "As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;" KJV.
+I feel I need to add some extra info on this. It should help us in those times that we fall, to help us remember that NO ONE is perfect. So if you make a mistake, it's ok, just know that the Lord is waiting for you to jump into His arms. Everyone makes mistakes, and you are not alone. : )

3/19/12 2 Cor 12:9: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in your weakness."

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:45 pm
Add a weird on in there like Judges 3:16-22. Bible Stories Seldom Animated. It gives people a laugh.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 pm
April 4/01/12

Topic = His word is from HIM!!!!

Verse = 4/1/12 - 2 Peter 1:20-21 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." KJV

4/18/12 - Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." KJV --Side Note: The Lord takes His word seriously, He will not let it be changed. This verse shows it, therefore we can trust in His word being His word.

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm
May 2012

Topic = The Trinity

Verse = 5/1/12 - 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that testify in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one."

5/18/12 - Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:40 pm
The word? As in the bible? Now, I thought God, Jesus and, the Holy Spirit are one? Hmm....I am very certainly confused. I'm going to have to read that passage to get the meaning now.  

Ahava Chanita

Unbeatable Foe

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm
xXxAngelic-EvilxXx
The word? As in the bible? Now, I thought God, Jesus and, the Holy Spirit are one? Hmm....I am very certainly confused. I'm going to have to read that passage to get the meaning now.

Well, Jesus is the word, and the word became flesh. Verse: John 1:1-5 "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was d God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And i the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."

I hope that helps. : ) It is a bit of a confusing topic, so don't be worried if it's still a little confusing. : 3 It might also help to talk to your pastor or minister for a better understanding and beforehand to also pray for understanding. : ) <3  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:34 pm
Disciple of a Risen King
xXxAngelic-EvilxXx

Well, Jesus is the word, and the word became flesh. Verse: John 1:1-5 "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was d God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And i the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."

I hope that helps. : ) It is a bit of a confusing topic, so don't be worried if it's still a little confusing. : 3 It might also help to talk to your pastor or minister for a better understanding and beforehand to also pray for understanding. : ) <3

Ah....okay then I was kind of wondering if maybe the type of translation you used made it sound funny or something but yes that makes perfect sense. Thank you. XD heart  

Ahava Chanita

Unbeatable Foe

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:57 pm
June 2012

Topic = Forgiveness

Verse = 6/1/12 - Mathew 18:21-22: "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times'"

6/18/12 - Mark 11:25 ESV And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” (Jesus COMMANDS us to forgive.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 am
July 2012

Topic = Conviction

Verse = 7/1/12 - What is conviction? "There is in the heart of every man or woman, under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, a sense of guilt and condemnation. Bunyan made it a heavy pack on the back of Pilgrim; and he did not lose it until he reached the Cross of Christ. When we realize how guilty sin is, and how condemned is the sinner, we begin to feel the weight of that load." A.C. Dixon

7/18/12 - What to do when we are convicted? "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Disciple of a Risen King
Captain

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm
I always have to remind myself of this verse. I always obsess over not sinning and often beat myself up when I do. sweatdrop  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff