<A> What is This? (Two/Glyph)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm
Once again the white haired elf was making her way across the Pantheon grounds with a basket full of fruit. This time however, it contained apples. She'd been sent out by the others to gather them in order for desert, apple pies, to be made. Two had no objection being asked to carry out the task, though she had gotten more talkative as of late, even asking questions here and there. The fruit picking hadn't resulted in too much trouble, save for the interruption of that strange woman.

Two looked down at the ornate box tucked into the basket with the apples, admiring it's details once more. The bow was made of wood, and shined nicely, and was engraved with intricate patterns of all types of flora, such as trees, flowers, shrubs and grass. It was very beautiful, just as beautiful as the stone she'd discovered inside it, a striking moss green gem.

She was still not sure what it was for, and thought that perhaps it would make a good gift to Rio, as a thank you for taking her in, even if the woman had said it was intended for her. What was she to do with a stone?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 pm
User ImageForest was tending a plot of seedlings in the gardens, newly planted by mortals he wished to help. Mostly fruit trees, they would grow to provide food for the Pantheon's inhabitants in a few years.

Knees, feet, and hands covered in dirt, Glyph wiped a hand over his brow as he looked to the sky and the afternoon sun, smearing some of the dirt on his forehead. He liked the smell of the soil, it always made him smile to dig his toes in or to reach with hands and gently tamp the soil around the base of a seedling.

Yawning, he gave a huge stretch and rocked back to sit crossed-legged in the soil, wiggling his toes as he closed his eyes and concentrated on helping the seedling grow. It wasn't much, truly, but he could help it become established. The sound of footfalls nearby drew his attention and looking up from his meditation, Glyph spotted the basket-bearing-Two. It had been some time since he'd spoken to the girl.... he hoped she was well as he lifted a hand for a friendly wave.

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:21 pm
It was funny, thought Two as she noticed Glyph. He really does look like he is a plant. She waved back, making sure not to spill the rather full basket of fruit. However, the added bonus of a box with a gem inside was more than she could manage, and soon the fruit, and the box were on the ground.

Two blushed a deep red. It had been such a long time since she'd made a mistake like this. Oh it was terrible, the apples would be bruised she was sure. But she couldn't leave them there, so she started to gather them back up into the basket.

Hopefully Glyph hadn't seen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:07 am
User ImageHis wave faltered as he watched the woman stumble and spill her fruit all over the ground. There was also a box that looked like it contained something delicate that he winced in sympathy with as it bounced across the ground. He frowned, however, at the flare of power across his senses that came from that direction right in time with the jostling. Did this person bear a Gem?

If so, which Gem? Curiosity mingled with compassion as he strode over and knelt to pick the fruit up, a few nestled in the crook of his arm as he retrieved the box and held it out to her. There was very definitely a divine signature there, familiar and pulsing with life. Turning an expectant gaze on her, she smiled, "I believe you dropped something."

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 pm
Although she was embarrased she had spilled her fruit, she was grateful that the God had come to help her pick up her mess. She managed to get most of them back in the basket and waited for the rest of the fruit from Glyph.

"Oh!" She said, realizing the small box had been dropped as well. "Thankyou," she said, hoping that it was still okay.

"I was given it by a strange woman. The box is quite nice and there is a rather nice stone inside." She explained, perhaps in a bit more detail than she would of since she first arrived her. Rio and his crew were rubbing off on her.

"It's pretty, I was thinking maybe I could gift it to Rio, as a thank you. You can take a look if you want." She nodded. Sure, she felt a drawing to the stone, but she thought that might have been the words that the one who'd given it to her had spoken.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:53 pm
User Image"Nice stone inside?" He repeated, holding the fruit out to her and flicking the lid open to reveal the mossy green gem inside. It was pulsing quite obviously to Glyph, a yearning in the aura he was quite familiar with and glanced at Two, arching a brow, "I don't think this is a gift for Rio, actually..."

His smile was a little perplexed, "You don't feel tempted to take this?" In his experience, mortals were drawn to their stone as much as the stone was drawn to them... an almost magnetic attraction between the two. Glyph's respect for Two soared as he considered this - her willpower must be astounding to carry her gem and not be tempted. "This is a Gem, Two. One of my kin..." He bit his lip, suddenly uncertain as to what to say.

It was her choice to take it, in the end, but if she did not, one of their number would not be rebirthed. He sighed, "Before you take it though, I think you should know what it means. Has anyone explained our rebirths to you?"

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 am
Two listened to his words with interest. Tempted? Sure she did, but she figured it was just the feeling one got when they were given something. Perhaps she was meant to have it, if the Forest god was asking her about her feelings. Now that he mentioned it the feeling was quite strong.

"Your kin?" She asked, perplexed at his statement. A gem, yes she could see that, but kin? That meant this was part of his family? But as far as she knew gods did not grow from stones. They just were.

"Take it? What do you mean? Rebirths?" She was spilling out questions now, a big change to the way she was, but she didn't really know what he was talking about. Questions were the best way to get answers after all, she had come to discover.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 pm
User ImageHe remained silent for a time, surprised that Two was so... chatty. Last he remembered she'd been reluctant to even accept help, which he realized she'd done so with thanks rather then a short retort. Hn... Rio and his group were rubbing off on her, that was good.

The questions, however, were serious ones and he shifted on his feet as he thought it over. Should he speak plainly or couch the truth in sugar? The second was dismissed almost as soon as it was considered - it was unfair and did little to respect her or the sacrifice she would be making.

"My kin, yes," Glyph shifted the pendant that hung about his neck and tugged the collar of his shirt away to reveal the gem sunk into his chest where the collar bones met, the tiny lines like that of a tree's rings, "See? Every one that has no yet come into themself bears a Gem." A sad smile passed over his lips, of lessons learned and knowledge that he still had more to discover, "We Fell, Two. The Gods were lost for Ages... We are returning, finally, but we are not complete. Each and every Gem lacks something that only a Mortal can provide."

Replacing his shirt, he smoothed it down and set the Council Star back in place, "The Gem is attracted to the Mortal and the Mortal to the Gem because the Mortal possesses some trait, some characteristic that is crucial for the God within the Gem, do you understand? When the two connect, they fuse and the Mortal becomes Host to the God, the means by which the divine spark will be reignited and given a chance to reform.

"However, said process consumes the Mortal in the process, body and soul... it is a sacrifice the Mortal makes. They become an integral part of the God or Goddess who grows from them. Once you take it, it cannot be given back." Glyph's tone was serious but kind as he explained everything from the god's point of view, he knew very well what Malh'reth had thought early on and even at the end... but it would be too different among the Mortals to give that account.

"That is why I wanted you to understand your choice before you make it." There too, was the ring of truth for his Host hadn't made a choice and had reacted badly even though Glyph was not a violent soul.

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:35 pm
Two listened, more interested in hearing what he had to say than anything she had ever heard before. She wanted to get to the bottom of the stone, the gem that was in the box, and what it had to do with her. Who better than a god to explain everything to her, even if she wasn't quite expecting to learn some of things he would have to say.

Grey eyes watched as he pulled away his shirt to show her what was underneath. So they were reborn, in gems. That was something she hadn't considered, the elf figuring that the gods just were. Learning that they had fallen kind of scared her. Something that was able to do that to a god, to cause them to almost cease to exist, that was something frightening. Valli wondered what kind of thing, being or otherwise, was capable of such strength.

"This god, or goddess, needs something I have?" She spoke, almost whispered it, the idea so crazy to her. That she, a lowly servant elf, could have something that was required to bring a deity back to life. Two was surprised, and a bit skeptical but she didn't let it show, she didn't want to put Glyph off. His story was interesting, and it made her think that perhaps she was worthy of something after all, a feeling she'd never really had before.

"I.. would die." She spoke, not a question but a statement, confirming her understanding of what he was saying. That certainly tainted her view on things, though certainly it didn't dissuade her, just made her more... wary of the choice she had to make.

It was a lot to take in. Two didn't speak for some time, processing everything he'd said and trying to come up with a decision, but nothing concrete came to mind.

"Thank you for telling me this, Glyph." She spoke softly, wondering about his own story of rebirth.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:02 am
User ImageGlyph nodded at her question, "You have something unique, something the Gem needs to be whole again. It's different among all of us."

However, her belief that she would die made Glyph shake his head, "No... not death - not death in the traditional sense. Ankou and Nergal wouldn't come for your soul and usher you into the afterlife... your soul would merge and give sustenance to the deity of the gem. Our first, and most important sacrifice of this existence. Some retain more traits and quirks then others - I've been told a few have even passed their influence on their mortal host, allowing them to inherit the mantle of power." The way he spoke, he hadn't done that.

A soft smile played across his lips as he rubbed his gem thoughtfully, "I'll never forget my host, and I'll be eternally grateful for his sacrifice, aspects of him will live on through me... so in that way, you won't technically 'die' Two. It's hard to explain." He looked at the box in his hand and then to her, "In the end, it is your choice - know that if you do, it cannot be undone but your sacrifice will usher in the return of a god."

He could tell she wanted to hear of his own rebirth but he'd never really spoken that story to anyone. It was a personal experience, unique to each of the gems. Glyph watched her for several heart beats before he gave a shrug, "My own rebirth is not yet complete... I will let you know when it is, though." A soft laugh.

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 pm
Two still could not imagine what a god or a goddess would want from her. It was an odd thing to wonder, what you had that someone might lack or need.

She listened once more as he spoke about the joining, fusing? It sounded complex, and she wasn't sure she quite understood what he meant. So she would not die, not completely anyway? Instead she would fuse? Her body and mind? She wondered if Glyph retained anything from his host.

She was surprised at his comment of not being fully reborn. She'd just assumed that once the gem and person met then the god would be born completely. Perhaps not.

"I... think I have a lot of thinking to do." She said softly, staring at the box which contained the gem. Then, without warning, she hurried off, all her thoughts on the gem in the case and what she was going to do.  
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games