Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Gaia Magazine

Back to Guilds

It's Personal 

Tags: Gaia, Online, Magazine, Prizes, gold 

Reply The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )
~_{E.F.} Aryeec's Essentials_~ (04/23/2012)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What plucks your heartstrings most?
  Music
  Nature & the Outdoors
  Video Games
  Videos & Movies
  Writings (Books/Poetry/Articles/etc.)
  other (please let me know below!)
View Results

Aryeec

Profitable Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm
Welcome ladies and gentleman!

_____Do you ever feel like experiencing something new? refreshing? moving? inspiring? or just plain fun? _____Aryeec's Essentials may be just what you are looking for! I will be posting songs, videos, books, _____or anything else that plucks my heartstrings, and hopefully yours too!

*Check back in periodically for new links and reviews. Feel free to discuss any in the comments section below!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/23/2012

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Les Voyages de L'âme is the 3rd studio album from the french experimental/post metal band Alcest. This title in English means 'Journeys of the Soul' and this album delivers just that. I don't know but a few of the lyrics (they are in french after all) but the musicality and overall tone of the album is soothing.

Les Voyages de L'âme is an essential because I've been extremely stressed lately, resulting in my getting royally pissed very easily. I heard this album's title track a couple days ago and I was instantly calmed. The entire album is gorgeous, but this specific song brings me much peace.

Here is the title track: Les Voyages de L'âme

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03/10/2012

Speechless...

01/29/2012

Shadow of the Colossus is a high-fantasy adventure game for the Playstation 2 (and recently re-released on the Playstation 3). There's not a whole lot I can adequately say about this game. Artful and minimalistic, solitude is your only friend and your perfect companion on this mission of pure desperation.

Shadow of the Colossus is an essential because it was and, in my opinion, still is the best example of a video game being more than just a game; It's an experience.

01/23/2012

Seraphim Falls is a western/drama released to theatres in 2006. I hadn't heard of this movie until a couple years ago, and finding out Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson co-star in the film caused the greatest impulse buy I've ever made. The story takes us back to the late 1800s, after the civil war, and follows two men; One running from the past, the other from the future, but both tied by tragedy. While the sparse dialogue and atmospheric storytelling will not be everyone's cup of tea, technically speaking, this film is a marvel, as Seraphim Falls is both audibly and visually breathtaking.

Seraphim Falls is an essential because the story deals with important values and ideas that have troubled many throughout history, namely the cycle of violence and forgiveness.

01/18/2012

Under The Overpass is a documentation and reflection of Mike Yankoski and Sam Purvis' mission, journey, and experiences living on the streets of some of America's largest cities.
"Under the Overpass provides important insight into the truths of the street and calls the younger generation of believers to take great risks of faith to bring Christ’s love to the neediest corners of the world."
Regardless of your religion or social status, Under The Overpass is a must-read eye-opening account of what it is like living homeless in the shadows of our "greatest" cities.

Under The Overpass is an essential because much of the western world, though aware of poverty and homelessness, does not realize the day-to-day difficulties those on the streets have to face, that everyday is about survival. The homeless are people and everyone capable has a duty to help those around them in need!

01/16/2012

Posthumous Silence is a concept album from the German band Sylvan. This album was my first Sylvan experience (also one of the few neo-prog albums that is better than good) and I will never regret a single second I listen to it. The musicality is gorgeous throughout and the story is brilliant! The story revolves around a father who is reading through his daughters diary after she commits suicide, reading and re-living all the conflict between them, making her death all the more painful to bear.

Posthumous Silence is an essential because I don't have a great relationship with my family. This reminds me of how precious family is and encourages me to try healing my relationships with them.

Here is the title track: Posthumous Silence

Aryeec

Profitable Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aryeec

Profitable Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm
[reserved]

[/reserved]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 pm
While I haven't got enough time to read this thread properly yet, I think this is a wonderful idea! 3nodding
Sometimes people need something new but just don't know how to go about it, so I think you posting things here will be great.  

jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Dragonic_Whelper

nuGen Staff Entrepreneur

6,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 pm
sounds kinda cool O.o  
The GM Cafe ( Member Hangout, Roleplaying and Discussion )

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games