Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]
[jrp] I have to deal with this, why? (mvushi x runa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:26 am
User Image

For once Mvushi was finished with his duties for the day, unless someone else came along and decided to ask him to do another 'favor' for them. The best way to avoid that, though, was to hang around the areas he knew most of the pride members not to frequent. This did not always work, but sometimes he got lucky.

His tail flicked as he walked, not feeling particularly sleepy or like napping. In fact, lately he'd just felt down right indifferent towards everything. Life had... become a bore. He'd gone so long feeling bitter about his luck in life that... well it really was starting to not matter. Why should it? Nothing changed. Ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:34 am
User Image

It wasn't often that Runa felt the need to explore her new home without being attached to her sister's hip, but today, the two had decided to go their separate ways. Or at least, Runa had. She was tired of having to look at her sister day in an day out, and needed a break.

She padded into an area she'd never seen before, her head high and curious. Large, brown eyes looked out over the landscape before settling on a new..rump. Why was he walking away? Runa stalked behind him, gaining speed the way only the young can, all the while trying to catch a better look at him.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am
    Mvushi did not notice the juvenile following him for a short while, but eventually his ears picked up on all of the noise being made from the youngster trying to catch up. His tail flicked and he kept walking, not even glancing back. He certainly wasn't curious, for all he knew it was someone's cub come to fetch him for cub-sitting.

Though as he continued to walk he realized he didn't really want to keep walking. His lip curled, he was now faced with a dilemma. He sighed and finally slowed, stopped and turned. His eyes narrowed at the purple cub, trying to place which family she was from. "Oi, why are you following me?" He snapped, less than pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 am
Runa's attention immediately went to the strange marking on his forehead. She'd never seen anything like it! Was it a cursed mark from a God, or maybe it was a birth defect, or even - "Excuse me?" She quirked her eyebrow, her fur bristling. "Who says I was following you? And even if I was, what are you going to do? Run me off?"

She stepped in closer, sizing up the male with a less than obvious stare. He would have looked like something out of her caretaker's stories, if it didn't look like he had walked through black mud. "Why are you out by yourself? Shouldn't you be working or something?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:15 pm
    Oh he'd made the wrong choice! He let out an unrestrained groan, tail flicking. He hated these sorts of cubs... prissy, touchy cubs! "Clearly I did what I meant to do; asked you why you were. If you're not than fine." He grumbled, trying to restrain his annoyed tone.

As she took a step forward a brow raised, and he tossed some of his blue mane out of his face. Great Lion Above! Why did the young always ask so many questions, yet answer none given to them? "Heh, it's not fun asking a question and not receiving an answer, huh?" He wasn't sure if one of her parents had pointed him out as a slave or not, or maybe she was expecting him to be doing some other work. He could lie and tell her he was a guard, preforming his guard duties of securing the perimeter of the pride... but he could get in a lot of trouble for that.

Better to just say nothing at all, right? He turned and began to walk again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:47 pm
Runa just stared. She didn't realize that his reactions to the conversation, or even the meeting, was because of her attitude. She just assumed he was naturally pissy, and decided to venture further.

The young cub scrunched up her nose, her eyes sharp and agitated. Weren't all adults supposed answer questions? At least, the ones in the pride. She hadn't expected as much kindness out of the rogues, but here, she hadn't known less than civility. This one, though... "Fine. I was following you because I needed space from my sister, but I didn't want to be alone." She tossed her head up, walking behind him as he carried onward. "Now that your terms have been met, will you answer? Or snub me like a Princess?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:01 am
    Great Lion above! Why did she have to follow him again? Of course... he supposed that was just what being a youngster was like. He'd all but written off his childhood, why bother living in memories? "Heh, needed space, huh?" Mvushi knew how that was! He felt that he needed space. Every minute of every day! "If yeh didn't want to be alone why didn't you go find some of the other youngsters, hmm?" Instead of bothering me he thought sourly.

Ugh. He wondered how long before this girl would come to realize that life wasn't always about equal trade... bah. He'd humor her. "I'm by myself because I needed some space." He said slowly, and then smirked before glancing at the girl to see her reaction from him just feeding her own answer back to her. "And I'm done with my work. Unless someone as-" He narrowed his eyes. He didn't want her getting in her head that she could just come order him around. Maybe he should leave that last bit out? "Mostly done with it." He chose instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:55 am
Runa walked passively behind him, glancing up his way every couple of minutes or so before drifting out over the landscape. It really was fairly pretty here, she had to admit, but as sweet as the landscape was, it paled in comparison to the interaction she was having. The young lion just loved to tease and torment!

Her only reaction to his statement was to frown, and lift one eyebrow. Really? Had he really just turned this around on her? Why that- "Oh! I get it now." As young as she was, Runa was a fast learner, and that little bit of info he had given her was enough to spread that terrifying chesire-esque grin on her face. "That's why you're walking by yourself. You know, you could have just told me you were lazy and been done with it." His social status hadn't even come to mind so much as his personality. He really was grumpy enough to be lazy, so if he was old, then it really would fit the mold.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:38 am
    He sighed deeply, rolling his eyes. When the younger lions decided to bother him it was probably most agitating. It wasn't as though they were asking him to do things but some how all of them without fail were the most annoying little buggars ever. Even when what they were saying was somewhat accurate. Mvushi guessed he's turned lazy over the years... but it was the whole principal of it. He couldn't believe himself a slave. But it didn't matter, that story took too long to explain and he didn't think the girl would understand anyhow.

"Aye, lazy." he growled out, letting the annoyance shine through his voice. He figured she'd want to know she'd gotten under his skin anyhow. "So, done with it now?" He glanced down toward her, brows raising skeptically.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 am
The sigh was enough to confirm her suspicions. Runa's smug grin couldn't have shown brighter. It was one thing to have a bad work ethic, but to hide from everyone so you wouldn't have to do anything? He really was low.

She slowed her pace some, satisfied enough with his reaction to give a little snort. "I suppose so." It wasn't like he wanted her around anymore, now did he? Besides, as much as her sister agrivated her, she needed to be getting back. "Some of us need to do things, not that you would know."

More than sure that she had snubbed him to her fullest extent, Runa turned tail to go back to her twin. Rona wouldn't believe it! She'd never met a lazy lion in her entire life, neither had her sister, and this would just be too good of a story not to pass on.

(Fin)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas