Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]
[PRP] So you wanna join the army? (Abidemi x Seide)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:04 pm
User Image Abidemi sat in deep thought on a sand dune in the desert. He hadn't been a part of this new pride for long, but it already felt like home. That could have had something to do with discovering his grandmother was a member before he got there, and that he had distant relatives in almost every rank, however. He just wasn't sure about how he fit in to it yet. When he'd been trying to decide a position to take in the new pride, he discussed it with his grandmother and she pushed him to become a hunter. That way he could give back to the pride that gave him a home without much danger. He figured Moja had led him towards that path because of her very strong motherly instincts. She probably would have had him become a nanny like her if he'd let her.

He sighed and sank his paws into the sand. He felt driven to doing more. He wanted to become a part of the military ranks for the pride. He'd need some toughening up, of course. It might be embarrassing to take the rank of an apprentice at his adult age and be alongside adolescents and younger adults, but if that's what it took, so be it!

He'd come to this spot on this day to have a discussion with a corporal. Moto'Seide was her name, and someone had said she might be able to tell him more about the military side of the pride, and if he seemed suited for it. He gulped hard and scanned the area to watch for her her approach.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:51 pm
User Image

Abidemi did not have to wait long.

The red lioness was making her way along the ridge of a dune. Her eyes were forwards, on the face of a red lion who seemed to be contemplating the desert in great detail. Moto'Seide stopped and looked out in the direction the other's eyes were focused before she continued forwards. She came to a halt a meter away.

"You're Abidemi." It was not a question. The corporal's head was held high, tail lazily turning and moving in the still air behind her. The desert was rarely so quiet.

Moto'Seide nodded her head after the statement, and then explained. "I'm Corporal Moto'Seide. I was told you had some questions about becoming a Soldier?"

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm
When Moto'Seide came into sight, Abidemi quickly snapped to attention. Well, did his best. His front paws were elbow-deep in sand and he had to dredge them up. Great first impression? Probably not. He stood to meet her once she stopped and nodded his head. "I am. I do. It's nice to meet you." He was intimidated by her curt and business-like manner. But that was a compliment to the corporal's part. It meant she commanded respect.

"I recently joined the pride with the Hongshan, though I'm not of their pride. I became a hunter, but I feel like I would be better suited for something else. I'd like to do more for the pride, and be more. Fill more of my potential." He spoke with confidence, but his expression betrayed more uncertainty. "I know I'm not up to the Firekin standard of what it takes to be a soldier just yet. But if I could have an apprenticeship, I'm sure I could grow and prove myself."

Sheesh, that sounded awful. Like he was trying way too hard. He let out a long breath, like he'd been holding it in since Seide first approached him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:16 pm
"Mature citizens cannot take on apprenticeships," Moto'Seide interrupted him. Her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth. His outward puff of breath received a flick of an ear forwards. "There are other options available." What those options were, though, was not yet disclosed.

"Why didn't you persue a position with the soldiers initially? The majority of the Hongshan did." There was a brief pause as she moved her weight over her back legs and sat. The long, red moving tail behind her curled around her body and then stilled. "And what makes you think that being a soldier is right for you now? A soldier cannot eat without a consistent hunter. A war cannot be fought without a consistent soldier."

The lioness' head tilted slightly, eyes narrowing. "What have you told me that has shown consistency?"

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 pm
Abidemi's ears laid flat against his head at her interjection. Shoot. He'd certainly need training. Maybe he could just get it on-the-job? Otherwise his body stood so stock-still that it seemed like he'd turned his muscle to stone. Maybe it was Moto'Seide having that effect on him.

"I met with the Hongshan while they were already en-route to the Motoujamii-Simo lands. When I joined the pride, I found I already had a grandmother here. Because she had been within the pride for years, I sought her advice and opinion as a member of the pride and as a member of my family who would know what our line is best suited for. She recommended I become a hunter and so I took her advice." His eyes cast to the side and he shifted his weight. A small smile even flashed for a second as he thought of Moja. "She's a nanny, and I now think her opinion was a compromise between my desire towards a physical rank and something that would keep me safer than a solider. She's got a very motherly instinct, and it's a lot stronger when it's her own flesh and blood." He straightened from his half-slouch and spoke without the softness that he did for recalling his grandmother.

"I feel as though my potential could best be filled in the military. My consistency is wishing to better myself for the betterment of the pride." It's not that he was bored of being a hunter or thought the army was so cool. He recognized the heightened risk of the rank, but something about it was so attractive. He couldn't quite put his paw on it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 pm
"I don't believe in talk, Abidemi." The tone was even and cool, each word enunciated. "I believe in action. Actions are shaped by choices. Choices are shaped by personalities. Personalities are hard to change."

The lioness stirred, rising once more to her feet. Her ears flicked as she listened for encroaching sounds before she continued.

"If you feel your potential is really best proven through the military, then prove this through action." Her eyes moved to the sand beyond Abidemi, before returning to meet his. "My terms are this: In addition to your current duties as a hunter, I require you practice at the sparring grounds every day. I will know if you were present or if you were not." A formal bob of her head showed that there was still more.

"If you are able to consistently do this for one cycle of the moon, then I will consider mentoring you part time. The other soldiers will be better able to teach you about becoming a soldier than I can in one sitting." There was a long pause as she waited for him to ask questions, or make comments. "And Abidemi, know that I do not make exceptions."

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:27 pm
Abi's eyes were bright and alert, his ears trained on every word coming from the corporal. He nodded curtly to his orders. "Yes, Corporal!"

Abidemi sensed the weight of his new commitment, but he thought he just might be able to handle it. He had good, strong Firekin blood flowing through his veins. Not a lot, but enough he might be able to draw strength from.

"I look forward to any opportunity to prove my merit. I understand your orders and I will act on them now."

His heart was pounding and he could hear the blood rushing in his ears. Geez, he really was nervous. He took to swishing his tail, maybe that small movement would alleviate some of his stress and tension. "I'll report to the sparring grounds tomorrow."

He nodded again. "Thank you for your consideration."  
[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff