Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<P> Enough's Enough! (En/Idhren/Til)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 am
Kikechum had recently taken to having her host take walks for/with her in the areas surrounding the Pantheon, small ventures into the world and investigations of what animal life was out and about. Enekpe was mostly agreeable to this - not realizing it was also intended as exercise - but today they had walked just a little more than she would have liked, and she was tired. Very, very tired - exhausted, in fact! Disproportionately so, thanks to her tendency for exaggeration.

At the end of their walk back to the Pantheon, the pooka stopped abruptly in her tracks and fell to her side with a melodramatic flourish before rolling onto her back, whining, "I'm tiiiiired, and my feet huuuuurt, and I can't get up the stairs! Where's Zi? Ziii! Come and pick me up, pleeeeease?"

But the aoide wasn't near, and didn't hear the piteous cries for aid, for rescue from the terrible task of climbing up the stairs...which, to be fair, was a lot more work when you were so small.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 pm
Idhren was also very tired, though the elf had chosen merely to sit on one of the stairs and rest for a moment. She was not headed upstairs; instead, she was on her way down. She hadn't been to the Library in a while, and though it appeared that someone else had started to clean organize, there was still plenty of work to be done.

So that was how she spent one day a week, still weak and unable to travel as easily as before. This lingering infirmity was a result of Gehenna, an event a few years in the past. Idhren and Tilion had, however, only awakened roughly half a year ago.

Idhren had almost dozed off while waiting for Temis to some back when Enekpe's melodramatic act startled her into full wakefulness. As close to the bottom of the stairs as she was, the elf could easily see the pooka flail about. Shoving herself upright, she descended a few more stairs, stopping and sitting on the one above En. "Who's Zi?" she asked in a quiet interval.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm
As carried away with her terrible plight as she was, Enekpe didn't notice that someone did come down the stairs until they spoke. Her wailing abruptly stopped, and she peered at the woman upside-down.

"Oh, hi!" she chirped, before answering, "She's k**e's aoide. Who're you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:55 pm
"I'm Idhren," the elf replied, peering at the pooka curiously. "Um. Host to Tilion, Lunar," she added after a moment, shifting slightly so the rock set in her arm was more readily visible...though perhaps not to someone looking at her upside-down!

"Have a rough day?" Idhren asked sympathetically.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 pm
Before the pooka could even pose the question to Idhren about what 'Lunar' was, her goddess supplied her with an answer: the Moon. En would have replied that it was silly to call the moon anything else, but she was annoyed and not talking to Kikechum at this particular moment.

"Yeeeess," Enekpe groaned, bouncing from friendliness to pitifulness with practiced ease. "We had to go for a walk, and now my feet hurt, and I'm tired, and I can't get all the way up the staaairs."  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:19 pm
"Ah." Idhren was trying very hard not to look amused, as the pooka was probably entirely serious with her complaints.

Well, maybe not entirely serious. She did seem to bounce between pitiful and energetic rather easily, after all.

"Who's we?" she asked. "Did this, um, k**e abandon you here?" k**e had an Aoide, which implied a certain level of deity-ness, though it was terribly irresponsible of them to leave Enekpe here by herself.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 pm
"Me and k**e!" Enekpe answered, blissfully unaware that her melodramatic antics were a source of amusement. "So no, she didn't. See?" Loathe to actually get up, the pooka twisted so that Idhren might be able to see her gem.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 pm
"Oh," Idhren replied with dawning comprehension. Enekpe was k**e's host. That made more sense, although the elf was curious about what sort of deity would choose such a diminutive host. She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind one ear and peered at the pooka.

"Do you want my help getting upstairs? Or would you rather wait for Zi?"  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 pm
"I'd like help, please!" Enekpe responded without a moment's hesitation. She did so love to be carried, even when she hadn't walked her little legs off all morning long. Her fluffy tail wagged, brushing back and forth on the marble step.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm
"Alright," Idhren replied with a small sigh as she shoved herself off the stairs. She should be okay to walk back up and down them, though Tilion had started fussing a little in the back of her head. He'd gotten a bit protective of the elf ever since they'd woken up.

She carefully picked the pooka up, making sure she had a firm grasp before starting up the stairs. "You'll have to let me know where you're staying," Idhren commented before they reached the top. "I don't know my way around the upper levels very well."  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 am
Hooray, a ride! She was a bit dizzy for a moment, having been turned rightside-up again after spending a fair amount of time upside-down, but that didn't dampen her spirits at all. En snuggled happily up to Idhren as she was carried. "With Endi! Um, Endiovar." Some of the gods had rather long names, in her estimation. "There's a swan on his door."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 am
Another name she didn't recognize. This was really no surprise to the elf, all things considered. "It's really rather convenient, everyone having such easily recognizable doors," she mused while carefully going up the stairs. It wouldn't do to trip and fall!

"Although I suppose you'd have to already have an idea of what to look for," Idhren continued once they'd reached the top. She paused for a moment, a wry grin on her face. "Since what might seem obvious to someone who knows, probably isn't at first glance." With that, she started slowly down the hall, examining each door as she went.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 pm
"Mm-hm! I'm not sure why there's a swan on his door, actually. There just is. Maybe it's because he likes them? I should ask." It had never occurred to her before, but now she was curious! Why did the God of Silence have a bird on his door?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:10 am
The study of deities and their symbols had been something of Idhren's specialty, once upon a time, but oddly enough, being host to a god had dampened her enthusiasm. Perhaps it was learning the actual personalities behind those deities, instead of the abstract and (she suspected) polished versions that wound up immortalized in text. Whatever the reason, she would venture no guess as to why Endiovar had a swan on his door.

Soon enough, she had spotted it, shifting her armful of pooka enough to where she could knock. "Do you think anyone's in?" the elf asked afterwards, biting her lip slightly.

Meepfur
Hi, long overdue tag orz I'm the worst :[ We can wrap soonish?

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:37 am
"Umm...I dunno. Someone might be!" Endiovar did have a few servants, and Kikechum had one as well, but who knew who was off doing what?

The question and the door were soon answered, by the calico catgirl who served Animals. "En, there you are! I thought you must have fallen asleep somewhere again." Galitzi then turned her attention to the elf carrying her mistress' host, and bowed. "Talked you into carrying her up the stairs, did she?"

"Galitzi, this is Idhren! And um...Tilion." The pooka waggled her tail.

"Pleased to meet you. Would you like to come in?"

Ithiltari
Even longer overdue tag. ;; Wrapping is good!

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games