Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 am
Lucia:
She had watched the sun set with a heavy heart. The desert had been too hot to stay outside, watching, hoping she would see a glimpse of black fur. There had been nothing she could do. First Haku, then his mother beat on Kowab for nothing. Yes, he had left Suki in the desert, but he had not been the reason for it. It had been Haku who headed the idea and convinced his friend. While it didn't excuse him, at least she knew that he was not cruel. Her heart had found its way into the paws of a male who wouldn't hurt her, at least now that he knew she was his. Of course, she wouldn't marry him until they were adults in the eyes of her pride, but he held her heart from the beginning. She just hadn't known it.

Luci sat on top of a fallen monument away from where the rest of the pride had gathered for nighttime activities. Her eyes were trained on the desert sands as they had been for the past few nights. Moonlight highlighted her sun-colored form, but the soft glow seemed to accent how lonely she seemed to be. She missed Kowab, she was worried about him.

Utsuki:
It was the saddest thing, not to have the 'ok' to go in to a war that his pride was undergoing. His wounds were sever enough to not be able to move around all that much. It had been a few days since his mother came- tears in her eyes as she yelled at him that he should have been stronger than that. He knew it was because she was scared that he could have died- mother was rough but her heart was gentle. For now, he would recoop in the dawnwalkers. He wasn't allowed to see Kowab again- he was banished and although they didn't always get along- he was still like a brother.

He had managed to get up after the second day of best rest. Now he could only limp around for the time being.. Getting taught about the weather conditions at least Ebio made sure that they had enough water for him. Along with her newly infants. When the night's events came. Suki watched from Ebio's den.. He looked back to the new mother- she gave him a nod and went forth.

He was injured yes but you couldn't keep him down. Not by the blood of his mother and father. Walking about as the night brought joys- singing and laughter. He- was looking for someone in specific. Someone that he had remember talking to her- she came to see him after Luci left for his pride.. But alas- after looking through hiding place after hiding place he couldn't find her but instead, saw a lump on the hill.. He knew that form.. Slowly he limped over- with a few wheezes from walking and planted himself right beside said lump. "Good ev [wheeze] ening.." His ears panned back and a smile was brought to his face.

Lucia:
Luci jerked when someone sat at her side and gasped when she saw it was Suki.
"You shouldn't he up, Suki! You should be resting," she said soothingly, her ears back as she wrapped a careful paw around him and drew him into a small hug. She looked down at him, trying her best to keep the sadness out of her eyes.

"Is everything all right?"

Utsuki:
When she pulled him he hissed a little to suck in some pain but after, calmed and let himself be pulled down in to her arms. Though, it was Luci- these arms were so warm and careful- he wanted to stay in them forever.. Sighing because he couldn't and looked up at her when he could. "You should be with the [wheeze] rest~ partying." That weakly smile. "But I'm not tellin." He chcukled some and wiggled in to her arms more. "I should ask you the same question. What are you doing out here.. all alone..? "

"Have you seen the cubs? Seems everyone has been in and out of Ebio's den since they arrived.. "

Lucia:
"I don't feel much like partying, Suki...." She sighed and looked away. "What's there to celebrate? You're hurt, I've lost one of my only friends, and... I'm worried." Her ears flicked back then.
"And heartsick..." The change of subject was welcome and she smiled with a nod

"I've seen them. They're so beautiful, and I'm really glad everyone's okay." Even though she was delighted over the cubs and successful birth, Luci should have been happier than she was. She had a family that loved her, a safe pride to live in, her health and that of those she cared for... Except for Kowab. She didn't know what had become of him, and that frightened her.

Utsuki:
"The cubs are worth celebrating.." He added in.. and leaned back up so he could lift his upper body but still be in the laying position.. Looking at her quite worried- he couldn't see his Luci happy.. Which made him upset as well.

"But... " He started. "Who made my best friend's heart [ wheeze ] sick..? Does it have to do with Haku?" He cuold only guess it was Haku who had her heart only because of how He acted- and when Luci said no to him. He wouldn't have thought that Kowab would be a contender- nor whom had her heart.
"Is it because he is going to war?"

Lucia:
"Haku..." She shuddered and shook her head. "He terrifies me. He... When I went with Zhen to tell your mother what happened, he and Kowab started fighting. I tried to keep him from hurting Kowab and... And he called me his mate, Suki. He didn't even ask me. And when I told him that I was no such thing, he... Gods, Suki, I was terrified." Luci was shaking a little now, her eyes slightly unfocused as she remembered the look on his face as he shouted at her, all the threats against her beloved.
She bowed her head and closed her eyes.

"I'm so scared of what he'll do if he ever finds out who it is. And... and my heart... he's out there, alone... I can't help but feel worried and sick," she finished, lying down next to Suki and curling close. He was the only one she could really confide in now. Besides Kowab of course. She trusted the smaller lion so much. He was so much that her brothers weren't. They were all tough warriors. Sure, Suki came from that culture, too, but he was different. He would listen and she was certain he would understand.

Utsuki:
He didn't like the words that came forth from the stem of Haku- It didn't seem like the kindred brother that he knew. Not Haku.. but then again. What was he to say- how she shivered- it had to be true. The only thing he could do is put an arm around her and pull her close.

"It doesn't even sound like him- But if you say is true. Then- I am ashamed of him..He should have asked- its between two not one.. not the other claiming without a second thought.. Don't be scared- I won't let- even my brother hurt you." Hugging on to her and placing his head on top of hers. "Your heart is out there alone? Why don't you go find him- or Zhen? She is good at tracking.." It felt like she had lost hope- the tone in her voice.

He wanted to say, he had thought all this time it was Haku but no.. it seemed that her was terribly wrong.. "If he is your heart- that means he is strong right? Where ever he is he will be ok." Giving a strong nod and rubbed his face in to her ear.

Lucia:
She smiled. Suki didn't know how right he was. Kowab was so strong, stronger than anyone really knew. How could he not be? He took all the blame for his best friend, did everything he could to make Haku look like the better male. She knew now that he loved her, he would have given her up if she had wanted someone else. It would have broken lesser creatures.
"He is strong. He wouldn't want me out there looking for him," she dipped her head with a small smile. "He'd probably get upset with me, that I might have injured myself looking for him. All of you males, thinking I can't take care of myself..." She laughed a little at how true it was. She could survive on her own if she needed to, but there were so many things she couldn't do.

Utsuki:
"Well if he is strong~ and- wait what? No no, you are strong Luci don't talk like that!" He sta up and wiggled himself free. Still with bandages in misc places so he wouldn't look a total mess- so no one would make fun. Which one seemed to keep slipping over on eye. He looked like a mummy! He lifted the bandage up again and huffed at it.

"Your heart is strong.. and not all males are strong- some pretend to be or have weaker hearts.. My mother is very strong. Her heart is strong because she has us.. " Nodding and lifted his body and looked out in to the dark sands where the night touched the land.

"You can take care of yourself. That's why I had a crush on you because you are strong.. but I know now that your heart lys with someone else.. it makes me happy you do but sad that they are making you sick." Wagging his tail and before he took a few steps away, he nuzzled her gently. "Just show'em your strong then." Sticking out his tongue.

"I promised Zhen that I'd look after the cubs so Ebio can try and enjoy herself tonight~ dunno how well that will go." He laughed lightly.

Lucia:
Luci smiled at Suki's outburst. Sometimes she wondered if her heart really was as strong as he said it was. She was so afraid sometimes and it wasn't uncommon that she felt useless in a situation. It hurt so much when there was nothing she could do.
"I really do care about you, Suki. You're a good male. You'll find someone even better than me, I know it," she replied, giving him a look of encouragement. Someone who could love him like he deserved. Maybe someday Haku would find that too...
She smiled and shook her head.
"Good luck watching the cubs. Don't let them get the best of you, especially those twins."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:17 pm
Utsuki:
He looked at her, with those violet eyes- that shared a love for her like many did but he.. knew how to let go. If she was happy. Giving her a nod back. "Thanks." He could only muster up after almost crying from her words- she was always so kind. It sometimes ailed him, he wanted to be like her and maybe that's why he was so attached to her. Sadly, he believed her words..

"Yea- Zhen told me about them. Anyhow.. if you need me~ Im just a roar away." Looking over his shoulder, and almost feelin sad leaving her but he did promise..

Little did they know who would come that night..

Lucia:
"I know, I'll call if I need help," Luci replied with a small nod. It was true, she would, but.... She wouldn't be calling for Suki. He was still healing and she didn't want him getting hurt or strained coming to her assistance. If he hadn't been attacked, if he was just visiting, then sure. He was the weakest of his siblings, but he was still far more trained in combat than she was. If he was in tip-top condition, she would trust him to protect her.
But when he wasn't, he'd have to trust her to protect him.

She looked away again, back out onto the sands, a sigh leaving her. She could have told Suki... Maybe she should have. Likely her aunt and uncle and maybe even Zhen knew where her heart lay, but she felt... sad that the last friend she had in the world didn't know. Would he condemn her for it, though? NO! No, Suki would never. He cared about her, enough that he was willing to let her go if it made her happy.
She sent a prayer to the gods that he recover and that he find the love he deserved.

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces