20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 am
The moon rose and Hoto stared at it with a blank expression. A pretty object, but hard color and lifeless. A good comparison to himself right now he supposed. He was lost in a world he thought he'd once known and now felt all those things. Direction had been aimless at best for months now and purpose seemed to be a thing of the past. He looked up and the moon and wondered if there would ever be a time when he knew himself again.  

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:46 pm
User ImageMaion smiled deeply, the transformation was taking a little getting used to... everything was his, and nearly the same as before... but not. His muscles seemed stronger, his wings heavier and stronger, his body was much larger -and he hadn't exactly been small to start with. All in all, he felt more alive than he had in years. Alignak, God of the Ocean and weather had bless Maion... now he could literally feel the power coursing through his still tender body. Something had changed, but all Maion could remember were fragments of dreams... but each and every day when he slept more and more came back.

But now was night, and while the moon hung in all its glory above him it was not a time to sleep. The star coloured stallion patrolled the Miakoda herd perimetre, checking on his protectors and the youths as they played. The sounds all made him smile, and that lingering smile was on his face even as his stunning blue eyes spotted a stranger to his lands. The saying of the herd rose to his mind; Come in peace or leave in pieces. As always he would give this stranger the benefit of the doubt.

"Good eve." He said, when the stranger was within earshot, he wasn't sure if the stranger had noticed his approach, he was looking at the moon... as if searching for some sort of answer. He looked up, yes the Moon was beautiful. "Such an etherial beauty will never answer you...." He said with a soft smile. He had spent many a night just looking at the moon, as if seeking his own answers.

Teh Roarie
Tag!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 pm
Hoto looked up at the voice in the sky without much interest...until he really looked. It was an Angeni...but unlike any other he had seem. Bigger everywhere, more graceful, longer winged. But the set of four wings was definitely there, marking their barer as a being who was said to have descended from the heavens to reside and help those of a more lowly plane.

It, because Hoto couldn't tell gender because of the night and the overly long almost feminine mane and tail, was black and white and looked much like looking up into a star filled night in the coat. What was throwing Hoto off more perhaps was that this being appeared to almost match him in size. Which was perturbing since he was bigger than even the biggest Kalona.

"If it actually answered me I'd drop dead on this spot." He looked back up and the moon and decided suddenly that he could trust this being with his thoughts. "I was just thinking that the look of it matches the landscape of my heart. Cold, grey, and lifeless."

Syaoran-Puu
Tag

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:30 am
Maion looked up at the stars, he had never seen 'cold, grey and lifeless' from the night sky... no, far from it. For him the night was a time of wonder, of joy, of life and happiness. The night brought forth the Moon and the Moon always strengthened his powers. To him, the night meant power. Still, he could see where the other was coming from. "Hmmm....." He said as he contemplated the words, "Perhaps you simply need a change of perspective?" He looked over at the stallion, larger than most but Maion had always been a large stallion... and that had been before the change, now he was practically a giant. He smiled as he thought of the nickname his grandchildren had bestowed upon him... the Gentle giant.

Bowing his head he introduced himself; "My name is Maion." He didn't use it full title, it had been a long time since he had... with age he had come to realise that 'bragging' wasn't needed, true strength spoke for itself. He looked up to the sky and smiled softly, "It seems the stars are weeping for you...." He paused, allowing silence to cover them in a blanket before he continued; "....do you wish to talk about it?" Maion would not pester the stranger to talk, nor would he ask again. He knew all too well that if someone wanted to talk they would, if not then you could not force them. Once a door closed it only opened by choice.

Teh Roarie
So sorry! My kids have been really ill. Anyways... TAG!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 pm
Hoto turned to raise a brow at the big angeni and wonder at him for a moment. "Perspective?" It was a word that he hadn't thought about for a while. Usually his life was all about perspective and keeping a positive one...but lately. "My name is Hototo." He felt an old bout of his usualy curiosity kick in. Maion didn't seem to think the moon was so grey, Maion was huge, Maion was a being he'd only experienced a few times in his life. So he grasped onto the only old piece of him he could remember and began to ask questions. "My life has been less than stellar for a long while now. I used to know where I stood in life. Now I do not. But I find myself less worried about myself and more curious. Who are you? Why are you so big for an angeni? And why don't you think the moon so grey?" He rambled and then stared at Maion for answers.

Syaoran-Puu
It's fine. My life suddenly decided to swamp me too. But I should be able to get a reply every few days now.

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:20 pm
Maion turned his gaze away from the stars and back to the large painted stallion. He may not be as big as he was now but Hototo's size was impressive, reminded him of how he had been before his 'elderhood' had been granted by Alignak. Still he didn't shy away from the others inquiries or questions, it did seem that he was genuinely lost and confused and if Maion could help even a little then it would be an evening well spent.

With a thoughtful smile and a tone that wasn't bragging Maion answered each question presented to him. "I am the Angeni of the Ocean, and just like the Ocean the Moon holds a significant role in my life, it draws me, calls me towards it." He smiled, thinking how it had become a symbol of hope, love and safety for his herd. Even their name meant 'Power of the Moon'. Miakoda. The smile never left his lips as he continued, he was so proud of his herd for everything they had survived and lived through. "I have always been large," Maion admited, "but the God of the Moon, Alignak blessed me as his elder." Maion moved his wings so that the other could see the mark upon his rump. It was the only Moon upon his body, and before the transformation it had never been there. His family have grown to call it the mark of a God, or Alignak's calling; Maion wore it with pride.... though a secret part of him still couldn't shift the idea that something terrible was going to happen! That there was a reason why he would need his new elder strength and speed.... he only hoped that when the deadly tide rode in that he was able to keep those he loved safe and away from the current.

His eyes looked to the Moon again, "The Moon..." He said with a smile, "...is a glimpse of love and life, a shining orb that refuses to be pushed away for long." The story he often told the children of the herd came to mind and even if it truely was only a story he decided to share it with Hototo. "Each night the Lord of Darkness tries to claim Lady Moon, he believes she is the most beautiful thing to ever live.... but Moon was in love with another, the Sun. Every day she would hope to catch a glimpse of the Sun, but became nervous and never lingered long." How tragic... never being with the one that you loved. "Darkness learnt of Moon's love and it angered him. He didn't like the idea of anyone but him placing eyes upon her. And so, each night he would chase her further and further into the darkness.... but Moon was resourceful, and although she couldn't deny the strength of Darkness she was smart enough to bide her time until she could escape him and shine once more. All for a chance to see her Sun, to see her love." He rather enjoyed the story, his own Mother had told him of it as a child, and it had never left him.

Perhaps his mother was partly to blame with Maion's obsession with the Moon? After all, sometimes he simply couldn't look away from it.

Teh Roarie
It's ok. It happens, and I completely understand. =D There is no rush anyway, but if I am ever really slow please don't hesitate to poke me via PM!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 am
Hoto listened quietly if with hesitation. But the angeni didn't seem to want harm him and he must not have looked too theatening or he was sure he'd have been run off.

The story made him sad for some reason. He couldn't quite place it but he knew it made his heart pang in a certain way. Like he could sympathies with the moon. Not being able to see what you loved. He wasn't sure of what loved on he was missing but... "That's a truly sad story. I have never heard or a seen a time that the moon has ever been anywhere near the sun. Why would you tell it with such joy?" He cocked his head at the angeni.

Syaoran-Puu

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 am
A small smile crossed Maion's features as he lowered his head to look at the stranger. "Hope." He said softly, "Where there is hope, there should always be joy." It was something that Maion truly believed in, something that he strove to achieve at all times... give those around you hope and you can win anything. Take that hope away and you lose.

"Sometimes," He started, his gaze drifting almost into the distances as he gathered his thoughts, "Hope is all you have. Your hope is what keeps you going, keeps you believing... it can give you a boost of strength when all other things around you crumble. Hope is a powerful tool." He refocused on the stranger. "The ramblings of an old man..." he chuckled softly, "...you will have to excuse me for them."

Teh Roarie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:00 pm
Hope? Now that was a concept. It shouldn't have been but it was. When had he lost it? He had no idea. But then he could think of no time he'd needed it. Cunning and luck had always won out for him. Neither of which applied now. "I need that. Hope. Though I fear I have nothing to hope for."

He stared off at the moon and wondered at the story a few more minuets as Maion continued to talk. "How old? Sometime I feel like a very lost old man."

Syaoran-Puu

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm
Maion listened to the others words, his smile turning sad at his words. "Now that..." he said, "...is a sad story." A stallion without hope? It had Maion wondering what the guys story was, yet at the same time he couldn't help but relate in a way. There had been a time, although it felt like an era away now, that he too had felt lost, without hope or anyone to live for. It had been a lonely exsistance, one he was glad to be free of now... was that how this stallion felt? Or was it possible he had lost the ones he loved? Maion couldn't even contemplate a world without Sengdroma, without his children, without his herd....

Allowing his gaze to wander to the moon after the other's he found himself smirking a little at the question. "I can relate. Sometimes I feel as if I have been walking the earth longer than time itself." Sometimes Maion even feared that the end of his life was coming.... all those elders he had looked up were passing away, either from old age or from attacks.... soon he would be the oldest, soon it would be his turn to return to Heaven. He wasn't ready yet.

Turning to look over at the war horse he asked, "I am sure... if you open your eyes wide enough you will find something to find hope in." There was a gentle sadness in his eyes, he really did wish the guy the best of luck. "What is your story stranger?"

Teh Roarie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 am
Hoto turned to look the big angeni up and down one more time before deciding to divulge his tale. He hoped the tail wouldn't make him sound to petty. Not being useful really was a major issue for him. He feared that another wouldn't find it so important. But he listened and watched at the other stallion seem to want to talk and hear. He was half amazed since he probably was trespassing on herd lands and more expected to be ran off. But he took a breath, tried to stop his brain from hopping from subject to subject and tried to be begin. "You want to hear? That's interesting since you hinted I'm trespassing. You aren't going to run me off?" He took a breath and then began his story from what he hoped was the beginning. "I come from several generations of warhorses trained to aid and serve men. Specifically one man that we are given to at a young age. We leave, breath, eat and sleep our work. It is our reason for living. My reason for living. Protecting, serving, fighting, observing. I have always loved my job. I assumed I'd be doing it forever. Have been for years." He gave a large harrumph noise as he entered the next part of the story. "Until one day I failed my partner. I wasn't quick enough at stomping a bandit and he took an arrow to the shoulder and a small knife wound too the leg. I had to rush him to the nearest village I scented. He quickly passed out from pain and blood loss. I was in a panic. But we got there in time and they healed him. He's not been the same since." Hoto said this next part in such a catatonic voice that it might have scared some people. "His nursemaid never left his side. Hasn't since. They're married and have a kid now. And I am no longer useful." Hoto suddenly choked on a sob and turned away from the other stallion. Embarrassed that such a small thing would bring out such emotion in him and that it would matter so much. That it would cause him to embarrass himself in from of another male.

Syaoran-Puu

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 am
Maion couldn't remember hinting that the stallion was trespassing, not by word or action but evidently he had given that impression. So in an attempt to sooth the guy he spoke; "Fear not. As long as you are here in peace we shall welcome you on our lands." It was true, their moto was 'Come in peace or leave in pieces', and so far this stallion had done nothing to appear a threat -despite his large size Maion got the impression he was a gentle giant like himself.

The story that followed had Maion holding back a tear that threatened to fall, he didn't want to appear as if he pitied the guy, but it was sad to feel as if you had lost everything. "I know little of two leggers." He said, though he did have experience of friends going their own way. "But.... I can tell that you miss your friend." He smiled over at the stallion, noticing the tears that he was holding back and the look of embarrassment at having shared his 'secret'. "I am sure he doesn't blaim you, you know? If anything.... it sounds like he is happy now, so perhaps he is thankful the situation arose? I know that doesn't help you much... but maybe by seeing the situation from that angle you can forgive yourself and move on?" He paused for a moment, contemplating his words. "The world is open to you, and in the end the decision has to be yours. You could go back to your friend and try to find a place in his new world, it would be different from before but perhaps you will find a new purpose. Or you could travel and expand your knowlegde, maybe even find a lover of your own? I am sure there are many who could use your strength and kindness. You just need to open your eyes to the possibilities." Maion said kindly, not wanting to give a lecture but feeling as if the advice needed to be passed on.

Before he could stop himself Maion walked over to the guy and pressed his nose into the guys neck. His herd used touch to comfort, so it didn't occur to him that a strange would reject it. "It is up to you how to grow."

Teh Roarie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:51 pm
Hoto snorted and shook his head in a nod. "I have no intention of hurting anybody. I merely know how if needed." He wuffled and listened as the other stallion gave him advice and actually seemed to sympathize. What a concept. Someone who didn't think he was silly for feeling so awful.

Hoto shook off the touch and stepped back a few paces. Intent on talking. "I do not fit in their world. I am too big. I can just barely make my way about. I am built for endurance, heavy lifting and battle. Not to merely carry water back and forth from the stream. I miss running endlessly to our next destination, quiet nights by the fire and the surge of combat. I am not needed for these things in their world." He sighed and shifted his weight. "Besides, his mate has her own stallion who seems more than content with their life. He fits with them. He's much smaller than me and more placid. The everyday doesn't bother him. He doesn't need adventure and excitement. Frankly I think the concepts of such things scare him. And we've talked about about it all in length. Don't get me wrong, I do like him, like my own brother. But I do envy him, for taking my place so to speak." Hoto continued to ramble as he started to pace. "I'm very glad that my partner looks so happy. He needed her and she needed him and they just weren't aware of it until they met. I'm envious. They way she looks at him. I've never...but then mares have never been that much of an interest. Amusing and beautiful with a grace all their own...but I was so focused on my job. It barely registered with me when they tried to flirt with me and catch my eye." He huffed mightily but continued, half realizing this was turning into an angry tirade. "And what would I do anyway? I'm a warrior. I have hooves bigger than a mans head. I know only how to protect and serve. Who would want such qualities? I have no interest in becoming a complacent herd stallion. Nor do I want to be the nanny-goat the comes running whenever someone so much as chips a hoof. I need action and excitement. I need to do something that stimulates me." He realized he'd been talking without breathing so he started to breath heavily and gave Maion a pleading and apologetic look.

Syaoran-Puu

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 pm
Maion listened polietly to the stallion and smiled all the way through, he wasn't at all offended that the other stallion had moved away from him after his slight touch, especially since he had continued to speak to him. When he was finally done Maion nodded and contemplated the words he should say.

It took him a moment but finally he said, "There is your answer then. If you desire adventure and war and things with a faster pace.... then you must go and seek them, claim them for your own. I do not believe there is a need to worry about mares and herds and the such," He chuckled at his own memories, "There was a time when I also never wanted such things. My life was filled with what I claimed was my noble quest, I would hunt and slaughter skinwalkers based on a childish need for revenge for an situation I now know I knew very little about. Meeting Sengdroma just happened, swept me off my hooves and made me want very different things.... as you say about your partner, we didn't know we needed each other until we saw each other. That will be the same for you I am sure, it just may not be today or tomorrow or even several seasons from now, but one day...." He smiled kindly, aware that this large stallion didn't believe he had much to offer anyone outside of his strength and size. "Considering you are large, like I am, I understand your feelings in that regard.... but it is not a disadvantage, doesn't mean you can't do many of the things others who are smaller than you can. You will find your own way, of this I am sure."

Teh Roarie

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces