Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 am
User Image
Today was far to nice of a day to be stuck around the herd seeing to whatever duties his father saw fit to place upon him - and as such Zhevra has taken the first opportunity he spotted to sneak off into the woods. Sure he was likely to get scolded for it later but really how much of a point was there in following around the older mares anyways? All they wanted to talk about was the weather and it wasn't like there were any threats lurking about this close to the herd anyways. Thats why they had scouts.

It was a pointless task as far as the young stallion could see and he doubted the mares would even notice that he had left - half of them couldn't even recall how to say his name properly..or they mistook him for his father with their poor eyesight and failing senses. Annoying..and yet it had made his escape into the woods a good bit easier so he figured he shouldn't complain about it all that much in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 am
User Image

Though his training with Ironforge had ended some weeks ago Kaleidoscope made regular trips back to the shaggy stallions herd to visit with his mentor and catch up on things. He had tried to keep as busy as possible in that time, helping any whom he came across, visiting Ecclesia when he had the chance, expanding his knowledge whenever he could. It was a hectic life sometimes and there were days when there was more things that he could do but not enough time to do them in. Today, however was not one of those days. Today he was free from duties, and so he had decided to go and visit with his mentor to see how Ironforge was doing as well as checking in on Zhevra as well.

So it was a bit of a shock to find Zhevra making his way through the forest away from the herd. Perhaps that wouldn't have seemed odd to others, it might have simply looked like Zhevra was on a patrol. However Kale could see otherwise. The path the younger stallion was taking was not that of a scout but one that was taking him further away from the herd. And the way he was walking said he was trying to cover as much ground as possible without being seen. Intrigued by this Kale changed his course slightly, so that he popped out of the woods not too far in front of Zhevra. "Running an errand or just running?" Kale asked with a slightly amused tone, even though his face was stern. He knew training could be hard and some duties dull, but that did not mean that Zhevra should ignore them.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:09 am
Zhevra couldn't help but snort in annoyance when the rainbow stallion made his sudden appearance. It wasn't that he didn't like the other stallion - far from it really, he's known Kale since he was a foal...but his fathers former and still fairly loyal student was probably one of the worse Soquili to run into right about now, other then Ironforge himself of course. It would have been preferable for one of thosse batty old mares to follow him all the way out here.

"I wasn't...running" Zhevra responded with a cagey expression on his shaggy face while he regarded the older stallion...which was true to a degree..he had been walking. Of course Zhevra knew that wasn't what Kale meant but short of outright lying or admitting the truth it was the best response he could come up with for the moment. Perhaps it would be best if he changed the subject completely.

"What are you out here for? Going to visit my father? Have you found something dangerous to report? Maybe someone needs saving?" He rattled off the first few questions that came to mind in hopes that one of them would prove distracting enough to capture Kale's attention and make him forget about the cagey response earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 am
So Zhevra was dodging the truth. Well two could play at that game he supposed. Giving his head a slight nod Kale glanced down the way Zhevra had come from then looked back at the stallion. "No, you're quite right. You weren't running. I would say it was more of a hustled walk. almost on the brink of a trot." His face remained neutral. He remembered his training with Ironforge, jokes were rare and often not all that well received by the shaggy stallion. But Zhevra, well he was young and not as stern as Ironforge was, so he would appreciate it - or so Kale hoped. If not, well then perhaps he would change his strategy a bit. For now he left it as is and continued on with the conversation.

He gave his head a slight bob. "Yes, I was going to visit with your father." He wished there was something more to his visit, but this was just one of those boring old catching up with his mentor trips. No new dangers lurking about the lands that needed stopping, no maidens in distress, no nothing. Well unless you one counted Zhevra's 'not running' as something. "I'm afraid it's fairly quiet out there today. Nothing of interest to report." He fell silent for a few moments, appearing as if perhaps Zhevra's questions had distracted him. But then he let out a heavy breath and continued. "Well, now that I think of it there is something I could report to your father. Something about a young stallion not running through the forest." It wasn't exactly a threat, but more reminding Zhevra that he had been caught and that Kale wasn't so easy to distract. "Unless of course there is some reason why I shouldn't tell your father this."

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:28 am
Despite all of his attempts to keep from doing so Zhevra couldn't help but feel his lips twitch slightly in amusement when the other stallion made his joke about his pace through the woods. Still he wasn't about to go right out and admit he had been dodging the truth - I mean everyone knew that rule right? When you got caught in something like this ..deny,deny,deny! "Yes well you know what father says about wasting time and lollygagging around" Zhevra replied, which was true and although it might imply that he was off on some errand for his father it certainly didn't come right out and say that he was. So he still wasn't lying.

Of course then Kale went and did what Zhevra had expected him to do in the first place and threatened to rat him out, letting out a deep sigh Zhevra frowned at the older stallion. "Surely once in a while even you ducked out of my fathers eyes for a few moments to enjoy things on your own?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 am
There it was, that slight twitch of Zhevra's lips had not been missed by Kale. He had known the younger stallion wasn't as serious as his father was and so would appreciate his joke even if he didn't outright laugh. It meant he could be a bit more relaxed around Zhevra, unlike when around Ironforge. It was a somewhat refreshing change, he still had great respect for his old mentor, but sometimes it was nice to smile, laugh or see the amusing side of things. "Yes I suppose that is true. And from what I recall lollygagging around is the cardinal sin of knights in training, so I'm glad to see you were not doing such a thing."

His smile widened a bit at Zhevra's sigh. While he hadn't planned on actually running off to inform Ironforge what his son was doing it was nice to see Zhevra react in just the right way. The question posed made Kale pause for a moment. He could have lied and said that he never avoided training, but he wasn't sure how much Ironforge had told Zhevra about his days of training so Kale had to admit the truth. He would have told the truth anyways, lying just wasn't his style. "I tried not to. But there were a few times when I took his distraction to my advantage and had some free time to myself. I generally paid for it afterward but you only live once." He didn't want to encourage Zhevra to duck out of training whenever he could, but the odd break every now and then was quite normal and often needed to clear the mind in order to better concentrate on ones training. "Of course if you keep standing around talking to someone as colorful as myself your father is surely to find you in no time." With a motion of his muzzle Kale turned and began to walk further away from the herds borders certain that Zhevra would follow. He would allow the younger stallion his momentary freedom before ensuring he went back to see to his duties.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am
"My father would have you think so for sure" Zhevra agreed as the other stallion spoke - as far as his father was concerned there were not a lot of things worse then wasting time doing things he didn't consider important or worthwhile. Zhevra often thought that his father simply couldn't recall what it was like to be young and was so wrapped up in his quest to help others that he did not take the time to reflect upon it. It made it hard sometimes for Zhevra but he did love his father and respected what he wanted to do as well..so he tried to take his fathers gruff and strict lifestyle with a grain of salt for the most part.

"See..I knew you would understand" Zhevra told Kale - Kale was much younger then his father, sure he was still you know..old..but he wasn't ancient or anything and he still recalled his younger years. Of course when he mentioned that his father might notice him out here - and pointed out that Kale was not exactly the type to blend in with his surroundings to boot Kale looked about nervously..you could never tell when one of the herds blasted nosey scouts would come around "He had me watching over the older mares..I don't know why they're perfectly safe there hasn't been any danger around for months and those mares they're just so..so..irritating, they treat me like a foal" He went on as he followed the other stallion farther away from the herd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am
"He is right, for the most part." Kale stated as they walked through the trees. "You know, when I first started training with your father I thought he was a bit stuck in his ways, never wanting to waver from something. I understood, after quite a bit of time, that there was a reason for that." Perhaps if he shared some of his personal experiences with the younger stallion then Zhevra would better understand why things were done a certain way by his father. "While there isn't always something exciting to do in your training one day you will graduate to be a full fledged Knight, and when you are trying to save someone you need all of your effort and attention on them. Any delay in getting there or fighting off their attacker could prove fatal, and I assure you that you do not want that riding on your conscious for the rest of your life. So while tending to the duties of the herd may seem boring they teach you discipline and focus."

Kale let out a bit of a laugh, but not too loud, he didn't want to draw attention to them. "I think most would understand...even your father." Ironforge would likely deny any such thing but hell even the shaggy stallion had been young once and likely did some things in the past he shouldn't have. "Sometimes watching them isn't about protecting them so much as connecting with older generations. I don't want to sound like a fuddy duddy but you should be glad to have an older generation around, sometimes they can share good stories about the past and those experiences can help you in the future." Kale himself had nothing like that, he didn't live in a herd, he had lost contact with his family many years ago and some days would give anything to listen to an older stallion or mare talk about their youth. Muffling another laugh Kale glances over at Zhevra with an amused look on his face. "They treat you like a foal because being as old as they are you practically are a foal to them." Yes Kale knew well of the mares Zhevra was referring to, they were very old but still had quite a bit of life left in them.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 am
"Well I know all that" Kale replied with a sigh " And obviously if there was something serious happening I would be serious about fixing it" He assured the other stallion - Zhevra might not want to spend all of his time training currently..but he did understand the importance of it and he supposed that someday he truly did wish to become a Knight, like his father and Kale - but he wanted to enjoy life a little bit too. Was that so very bad?

"Have you heard some of the stories they tell? Half of them can't be true..they have to be exaggerating..or forgetting half of the details" He insisted, I mean really the other day one of them had told him how she'd swam across what sounded like it must have been an ocean - I mean swimming for three days..really?!?! - in order to escape from a flood. Zhevra simply couldn't imagine a flood that bad, it was absurd. "They're going senile I swear it...and the world is a much differant place now then it was when they were young - I think I can learn more if my father actually let me be a part of the world now and again instead of keeping me locked up here training all the time" He added with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 am
Kale continued to walk, leading them further and further away from the herds central territory, while Zhevra spoke. Kale understood exactly what the younger stallion felt. He too had felt frustrated at times during his training, yet now knew the importance of such dull activities. At the same time he knew that a break from the scenery and drudgery of training, duties and, if he was perfectly honest with himself, putting up with Ironforge's rough exterior. He let out a chuckle. "I'm not sure if they are true or not. But I do know that sometimes extreme measures are taken to avoid disaster even if that measure seems to be counteractive, much like swimming away from a flood sounds a bit crazy."

Now that he was satisfied that they were far enough away that his rainbow pelt wouldn't alert any patrols to their location Kale came to a stop. "You just gave me an idea." He announced with a smile. "Perhaps I could talk to your father, have you join me for a bit. It would be a good opportunity to see the world, but also apply your skills in a setting outside of the herd atmosphere. Plus it would be nice to have someone to travel with for a bit. I can show you new things, but also continue your training as well." Perhaps a breath of fresh air and a change of scenery is just what Zhevra needed to refocus on his duties here. And Kale was willing to give him that opportunity if Ironforge approved.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am
"So I guess you heard that bizarre story when you were training too" Zhevra remarked with a slight rolling of his eyes - really it was still such an outlandish and absurd story that he had trouble believing it. Senile..the mare was senile. There was no other explanation. As they traveled further and further away from the areas the members of his herd were known to frequent Zhevra could feel himself relaxing slightly..Kale was really going to let him get away with this!

He might have continued complaining so as to justify this escape attempt but then Kale offered something that stopped Zhevra in his tracks"Really..you would let me travel with you for a while?" He asked in slight disbelief. That would be great..he was sure that Kale had all sorts of great adventures while he was traveling and he would probably be a much funner teacher then his father was..he could learn AND explore the world at the same time. It seemed far to good to be true and he regarded the rainbow stallion with a look of disbelief.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am
Letting out a chuckle Kale bobbed his head. "Heard those ones and others as well. I'm sure they will tell you those other stories at some point so I won't spoil the surprise on them." True or not he still thought those stories were worth listening to and many would be passed on to future generations for them to interpret as they see fit. "Of course." Kale said with a smile. "As long as your father approves I'd be happy to have you tag along for a bit." Speaking of which he had been on his way to speak with Ironforge when he had first ran into Zhevra. "Let's head back. I was meaning to talk to your father anyways, we can sneak you back to your duties and then I'll slip in the idea of you coming along with me after wards." With that Kale turned and began to lead the way back to the herd.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff