Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Johnson Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:19 am

The Johnson Family

Maybelline Johnson

Last Update: Age updated 10/8/18

Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/31/2017]
Update Accepted by: ~ Dia [1/20/18]
Characters Accepted:
Maybelline [03/31/2017]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:13 pm
Nancy Johnson

Deceased, June 2024

Hi, my name is Nancy Johnson

I'm a female

I work in Wool’s Orphanage

I'm forty years old.

I may seem impatient, unruly, bossy, a tad over-bearing, and utterly chaotic but I'm really always like that. My life was rough, and I had always been wild, adventurous, and spontaneous. I always find a way to get what I want, no matter the cost. I’m resourceful, brave, manipulative and the absolute best at finding loop holes.

My background story is delightful, in the beginning. I was born to an average family, my mother and father were halfblood, but I was a squib, so I moved to America where I spent eight years in a quaint little southern town of Texas, and longer still, when I fell in love.. I was wild. Anything I wanted, I had it, with just a blink of an eye. I romped with married men, and gambled away my fortunes as soon as I had them, and by the end, there was so much money, it was spilling past my fingers. I was in love with the American Dream, I had everything; and then I became pregnant.

I was forced to return to London, England at the age of twenty-eight to live with my parents once more until my first-born daughter had turned two, and then I had decidedly moved out on my own once I re-established Wool’s Orphanage to, not only raise my child, but other children as well. About three or four years had blown by before I met and fell in love with a marvelous muggle, he was stationed in Britain for over a year. I came to bear my second child shortly after he had been called on to active duty, but at least now the kids and I get to see him at least twice a year.

I enjoy white wine, spa treatments, being pampered, exercising, cigarettes, animal print fabric, horses, and parties

I despise whiny children, loud commotions, bright colors, messy toys scattered all over the floor, and uncleanliness.

I look like Actress Kelly Bishop

My pet is an old barn owl, Patches

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm
xxxxM A Y B E L L I N ExxxJ O H N S O N xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Maybel

AGE 42

BIRTHDAY 11 November 2001

BLOOD STATUS halfblood

WAND 13” Ash, Unicorn Tail Hair

GENDER female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION bi-sexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Sakurako Kujou [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts

HOUSE Gryffindor

CLASS OF 2019

BEST LESSONS
                  Transfigurations
                  Wandless Magic
                  Charms

WORST LESSONS
                  Herbology
                  Astronomy
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ EE
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ EE
                  Wandless Magic ~ EE

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ EE
                  Potions ~ A
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Wandless Magic ~ O

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Head of the Daily Prophet

DREAM JOB --

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ CURIOUS Maybel has a habit of eavesdropping, she tries to listen in on all of the conversations around her to pick out the juicy ones. She likes asking questions and challenging others. She hates hearing the word "no" and will try anything to get around it. She's not above bribing people to get her answers.
              ■ REBELLIOUS Not much of a law-abiding citizen, she'll get her hands dirty to catch a good story. She enjoys butting heads with the ministry, including the law enforcement and wizengamot. The truth needs to be heard and she doesn't care if its a neo-death eater or a wizengamot judge standing in her way to tell it.
              ■ CANDID When it comes to finding the next big story or following up on interviews, she likes to get to the brunt of the story. She won't beat around the bush, and she's straight forward in all of her questions. Lying doesn't get you an honest story.
              ■ SUSPICIOUS When your job is to go through the worlds dirty laundry, she's grown into a skeptic. Everyone is hiding secrets, its just a matter of how big and bad. She only believes as much as she can see and everything else is taken with a grain of salt. If possible, she likes to cross reference her stories with as many people as possible to get to the truth.
              ■ COY Despite her blunt nature, she can be deceitfully bashful and innocent and flirt her way around bouncers, guards, or possible love interests. She likes to play mind games, and she loves the power struggle challenge of meeting a new lover.
              ■ PASSIONATE She throws her heart into everything she does, from her career to her hobbies. She can be wild, intense, or even violent if the situation calls for it. She's not the type to keep a calm and level-head in the face of danger; no, she'd be screaming and crying at the top of her lungs but she wouldn't stop until the job was done.

muggle rock
                  wizarding fashion
                  Holyhead Harpies
                  children

DISLIKES
                  snakes
                  bugs
                  misogyny
                  alcohol
                  commitment

HOBBIES
                  photography
                  writing
                  traveling

STRENGTHS
                  nonverbal magic
                  tenacity

WEAKNESSES
                  impulsive
                  too curious

FEARS
                  death
                  acromantulas

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Maybelline was born to a single mother, a squib, Nancy Johnson. When Maybel was born, her mother had lived with her grandparents for a few years. Maybelline grew up in a happy home with her grandparents, though she rarely saw her mother once she was old enough to be bottle fed.

When Maybel was about two or three, her mother had taken on responsibilities as a caretaker for Wools Orphanage. Maybel was then either raised by the older children of the orphanage or her grandparents until they had passed away. When Maybel grew older, it became painfully obvious that her mother did not care for these orphan children, or for her own child, at that matter. She was in it for the money. Maybel was lucky enough to escape to Hogwarts with some of the other orphan children, but not all of them were so fortunate to be magic.

SCHOOL YEARS Sorted into Gryffindor, Maybel took to exploring the castle right away. She didn't make a lot of friends, just one or two, but at least she didn't make any enemies. She and her friends liked to be wallflowers, listening to all of the gossip. She also was good friends with a lot of the ghosts and portraits, though.

POST GRADUATION Almost immediately out of school, Maybel was hired as a writer for the Daily Prophet. She lived and breathed for that paper. She devoted her entire life thereafter to chasing hard hitting news and delivering cold facts. She was witness to some of the wizarding worlds worst tragedies, including the carnage at Circus Maisc and the Fall Festival soon after. Her mother had been one of the victims, and in 2024, she passed away. The orphanage was later sold. And Maybelline visited her grave often to leave flowers, even if she didn't think the woman deserved them.

For a few years, she fooled around with one of her potential interviewers--Chalmes Whitethorne--apparently his brother is a vampire. She kept the secret though, trashed the story for a different one and every once in a while showed up on Chalmes doorstep for a late night rendezvous. It didn't last, though. It felt too serious. They both were afraid of the commitment and it just...faded. She heard he even has a kid now and sometimes it makes her wonder what could have been but... Her career will always come first. She never wanted children, anyway, and she's not sure that will ever change.

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Mother: Nancy Johnson (†) ■ Grandfather: James Johnson (†) ■ Grandmother: Dianne Johnson (†)
              FRIENDS ---
              BEST FRIEND ---
              ROMANTIC INTEREST ---
              ENEMIES ---
              PETS Lulu III, the Barn Owl

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATES MADE
■ age updated [10/8/18]

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash