Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joining? :3
  Yep~
View Results

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:42 am
I'll make this pretty when I'm a little less pooped. This is an I/T thread for a herd consisting of nature-based soquili and soquili who worship nature and believe in the preservation of it. Please read everything. :3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 am
The Herd at a Quick Glance.

The herd is lead by Yggdrasil, a soquili bearing the tree of life. He believes that nature is the most important thing in the world and should be preserved at all costs. However, he realised that this task could not be something that could be done by himself and so he decided to round up soquili with the same beliefs as him.

Members of the herd may be omnivores, Yggdrasil understands that there are some who eat meat but the killing should not be done cruely and should not be done for fun. While some members may have a taste for blood, as long as it is donated willingly Yggdrasil will accept this.

Food will be grown by the herd and anything that is used will be replaced. Trees will be grown to use for wood. Saplings will be planted to replace those trees.

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 am
ROLES

Lord
The leader of the herd. He is responsible for all things herd related. All decisions go through him.
Lady
The Lord's mate. She has authority over everyone in the herd, except the Leader. She is allowed to express her opinion but cannot make herd altering decisions.
Priestess
This Soquili is responsible for over-seeing all healings that go on in the herd. She rules over the healers but may not banish them without discussion with the Lord. The Priestess is not necessarily the strongest healer but she is the one who has proven herself the most.
Defenders
These soquili defend the heard. They're strong, fast and skilled in both fighting and battle strategies. They are commanded by the Lord.
Healers
These soquili heal not only soquili but plants as well. They are a very important part of the herd.
Farmers
These soquili are responsible for planting, growing and harvesting food for the herd to eat.
Gardeners
These soquili plant various flowers, plants, herbs and what not for various purposes - either decoration or healing.
Builders
These soquili build the homes for others to live in.
Crafters
Craft various items for the herd.
Entertainers
Dancers, singers, musicians. Etc'.
[More ranks may come as I see fit.]  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:03 am
Traditions/Beliefs/Etc

Joining the Herd: To join the herd, one must first prove themselves by seeking out Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil will then give them a task to complete which will determine if they are suited for the herd or not. In the event of families (or lifemates) the male will undergo this task. His family (or lifemate) will be given shelter with the herd until he completes it. Should he fail, they will be asked to leave. Should he succeed, he will be granted a place in the herd as will his family (or life mate).

Ranks Ranks are given out by Yggdrasil. Soquili who have particular talents that will be suited to certain roles may share this information with Yggdrasil and he will take it into consideration. If Yggdrasil cannot find a rank for you, a series of tests will be given to determine what rank you are suited for.

Lifemating
It is required that, when a member of the herd finds a lifemate that lifemate joins the herd. If they are not suited for the herd, the member of the herd may be allowed to leave the herd to be with his mate. He's welcome to visit the herd as he pleases.
If the lifemate joins the herd they are given a ceremony (much like a wedding) to have their love and unity recognised in the herd. All herd members will be required to attend and give gifts to the couple - be it advice, jewelry, a song or what have you.

Foals
Foals are required to stay in the herd until they are adults so they can be taught the ways of the herd. If, when they are adults, they wish to explore the world they are free to do so but MUST stay members of the herd and MUST participate in ceremonies (weddings etc'.) [OOC: Um. I don't want a whole bunch of foals leaving the herd. Srsly.]
Foals are watched over by their parents, but may be sent to the Priestess to be watched should the parents have work to do.

Life Trees
Each member of the herd - whether they joined or were born into it is given a seed upon acceptance (or reaching adulthood in the case of foals). This seed is then planted by them and must be cared for by these soquili alone. (in the case of flutters, the seed will be a seed that is not naturally grown in the area but can survive if cared for properly). If this tree dies, the soquili is asked to leave the herd.

Outsiders
Outsiders are not allowed within the main forest. They may contact one of the guards who patrol the borders should they feel the need to contact the herd. In which case an official will meet them in a location of their choice.

More to come. <3  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 am
Members

Lord
User Image
Healers
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:06 am
The Family

Yggdrasil is going to have an exstensive, large family and while I would like to own all members I realise it's not a realistic goal. So, I'm going to allow people to custom into the family. Please know that your concept and character must be approved.

Relatives
Sisters: 1/3 (I am customing one)
Brothers: 1/3 (I am customing one)
Grandmother: Muffinsbaby

For now that's all I'm looking for. Still deciding if I'm going to allow any others to be customed.

Customing into the Herd

It is possible for you to quest a soquili specifically for the herd. The concept will have to be approved. (You're free to quest it otherwise, but should you receive it it will not be eligible to join the herd)  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:07 am
Joining
[size=18][color=#6BDD99][b][u]Applying to Join the Herd![/b][/u][/color][/size]
[b]Soquili's Name:[/b]
[b]What role do you wish your soquili to have?[/b]
[b]Soquili's personality?[/b]
[b]Why do you think this soquili would be suited for the herd/role?[/b]
[b]How active are you at RP?[/b]