Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] Don't encourage her (Bakari/Keina/Parisette)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:40 pm
User Image

With the warm sun at his back, Bakari turned his orchid eyes to the ‘stage’ where a tragic play finished its final act. He couldn’t say he wasn’t happy for it to be over with. Even though this was only his second viewing, he could already tell that the actors were complete novices or that his tastes were far beyond their level of comprehension. The new Noble rolled his eyes, and turned to leave, only to find himself stopping dead in his tracks. He’d almost forgotten, again, that she was with him.

“Keina.” He snapped, and waited for her to run up to him like always. Bakari waited, and waited….and waited. “Keina!” Bakari turned around with an agitated growl, and what he saw horrified him.

Keina was crying.

“It…It was just so BEAUTIFUL.” She sniffed, snot rolling down her face. The last time Bakari had ventured down this way he didn’t want to take her, and she was so happy to have him pick her this time. And what a play! It had to have been the best thing she’d ever seen! So full of live, love, grief, and happiness.

The young lioness sighed dramatically, and sniffled into her paw. “Do we have to leave now? I wanted to tell them what a good job they did!”

“Yes, we’re leaving NOW.” Really, did she have to look so disgusting every time she cried? “And stop that; your eyes are getting puffy. Clean yourself up, too.” He gestured to her face.

She wiped off her tears with the back of her paws. “O-Okay…” Still, she wanted to see them. Just one. That way she could see them smile when she said something nice, and she would smile, and maybe Bakari would too, though she doubted it. He was just too much of a Grumpy Butt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm
User Image
Parisette bounced off the stage with a grin, pleased with her performance in the play. Not only that, but the 'blood' ink that was smeered across her chest was made by her ward, Parachichi , especially for her. She always felt delighted after she had managed to use her daughter's work in one of her plays, and ones that were well recieved were even better.

She beamed happily, stumbling slightly as she drifted amongst the crowd. She pouted a little bit, seeing no sign of her father, or siblings, or cubs amongst the crowd. They were all too busy, she supposed, but still, it always made her heart sing when she saw her family watching her perform.

Oh well, there had been a good crowd at least, and a few nobles even. Their purple pelts gave them away every time, she thought, with a smile slipping through the crowd.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm
It was the actress' blue pelt that gave her away in the crowd, especially given that Keina had been watching her like a hawk. It had to be the actor, she just knew it! She even had the blood on her! (Which, after much consoling from her unwilling mate, she'd come to realize was fake).

Keina nibbled on her bottom lip, and gave Bakari a sideways glance. Yep, he was totally too busy giving some poor cubs a hard time, so with a wicked grin, she slipped into the crowd and ran after the actor. "Hey! Hey, you, with the blood! HEY!" The last was screamed, belted out in a fake manly voice that was swiftly accompanied by a giggle.

"-and if you so much as LOOK my way again, I'll-" As soon as Keina opened her big mouth, Bakari's ears lay flat against his head and he started to grind his teeth. If the God's wanted to test him, they were doing a damn good job of it. She's a Noble, a personable Noble. Just like you. All you need to do is cut out her tongue, and you'll be golden. He'd been telling himself that for a while now, but it never helped when she publicly humiliated him like this.

Without saying so much as a word, he turned and stomped after his 'mate', his upper lip curled in a snarl. Unlike the shorter female, he carried all the height of his father, though considerably less muscled. It would figure that the female he was paired with not only ended up being beefier than himself, but shorter and idiotic as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Parisette startled slightly at the sound of someone yelling out, and turned to spot the female racing towards her. She blinked in surprise, but plastered a happy smile on her face. The change in her tone, the fake manly voice, startled the blue lioness slightly, but her smile grew more real at the odd voice. How funny! Well, she was always happy to meet new people! She was surprised at the grumpy looking male that appeared to be following the calling female though. Were they together?

Their coats told her they were most likely nobles or of that class, but she hadn't seen them when she was younger. How odd.

"Hello dear!" She called out to the female cheerfully. "Did you need something?" Perhaps this wasn't about her play, but she could have sworn she saw those colours in the crowd during the play. Perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:06 pm
"Hello, hello, hello!" By the time she reached the blue lioness, Keina was doubled over and wheezing, smiling despite being out of breath. "I wan....I wanted....to tell....you..." She coughed and lifted her head to the sky to take a deep breath, pausing for a moment before exhaling and turning back to Parisette. "I wanted to tell you how AMAZING you were! I've never seen a play before, and I just...I just...wow!"

Fan girl mode engaged.

Bakari strolled up beside his mate in a more controlled manner. His head was held high with a sense of self-worth that didn't come from being a Noble. He rolled his eyes at her antics, his upper lip curled in disgust. She really would have to learn how to behave if they were going to ever think of raising cubs together. Gods only knew what kind of improper things she would teach them.

"You, Player." He waved his pay in the air, blandly gesturing to both females in one sweep. "Do your job, and entertain her." So I won't have to.

"And you." Bakari moved in closer to Keina, subtly pressing his paw ontop of hers. If it were any other couple, the action may have been affectionate, but in this case, he applied pressure, causing her to yelp. "I will not have you ever acting like that again, do you understand?" He murmured, though not so low that Parisette couldn't hear. "One more slip up from you, and you'll be replaced."

Keina gasped, and nodded quickly. "I'll be better, I promise." The way she looked up at him, with such blind love in her eyes....It was as if the sun and the moon were wrapped up into one lion for her.

With a forcefully less enthusiastic demeanor, she turned back to Parisette. "So, how do you do it? I mean, how do you play the character so well?" She looked up to Bakari, who nodded his approval. It made her smile brighten. "You really were amazing."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Parisette preened a little at the female's compliment. "Oh well thank you, dear!" She cooed happily. "I am so glad you enjoyed the play! I do hope you will return to view more of them."

Her gaze flicked to the male and she bristled slightly, though she tried to shrug it off. It would have been a lot easier to shrug off if she hadn't heard the words he had said to the female - harsh as they were, they spoke of far too much control over the girl. Parisette hated being controlled. It was why she loved being a player, she got to be whoever she wanted to be. She frowned, and glanced between them, mildly worried.

She smiled again as the girl turned to her, trying to be supportive of her enthusiasm. "You have to believe you are that person," she said cheerfuly, trying to explain her craft. She did love talking about her craft when people were interested. "I have to pretend I experienced what she experienced, lived what she lived. It's very fun, because you get to be someone else entirely, even if just for a few hours." She smiled.

"Oh how rude of me," she said, almost pointedly towards the male. "My name is Parisette," she said smiling at the girl, before adding smoothly, "Daughter of the King." Admittedly, she was not of the Queen, but still, their Dad loved them none-the-less. She never doubted that, and maybe it would make this male stop being such a grump to her... She did hate grumpy people sometimes.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm
Keina's smile grew by bounds. "Oh, I definitely will! If the others are to be anything like this one, then I can't imagine being anywhere else." Maybe Bakari would take her to the next one? She highly doubted it, but that didn't mean she couldn't sneak out.

"Really?" She stepped forward, brushing past her abrasive mate. "So, if the character's mother died and she was living with her Uncle, you would portray that? Or if she were really, really in love?" Keina was practically bouncing in excitement.

Players in his eyes were only a few steps away from Groundlings, and females were the worst. There should have been only one place for this one; some fools den. She should have been a mother instead of a Player. That was meant for males.

At first, he thought her introduction an unnecessary formality, for her surely wasn't going to remember her, until she dropped the bomb.

"Forgive my rudeness, Lady Parisette," he tipped his head, forced to eat his own words. "but you'll excuse me if I'm a little skeptical. What daughter of the King would be a Player? Should you not be with the royalty?"

If she admitted to her b*****d lineage then he would have her pinned. Loved or not, a King's b*****d was no threat to him.

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Parisette bubbled inside, bouncing outwardly on the pads of her paws with excitement, "I am so glad to hear that! You have no idea how happy it makes us to see people in the audience when we perform, though we'll perform when there's no one there as well, it's far more fun when there's a crowd." She giggled happily and nodded at Keina.

"Well yes! I must admit, characters like that make me quite sad because I have to embody that emotion," she said, almost somberly. "Sometimes it's hard, but it's worth it if I can make people believe the story we are telling!" She smiled at Keina, before glancing back at the male.

Oooh, he was a jerk. Parisette hated jerks. She wanted to scowl and grumble at him, but instead plastered a bright smile on her face - just to annoy him.

"Being a royal is boring," Parisette excused, not mentioning the fact she was blue - not purple, or the fact her mother was not even close to being the queen. It was true though, she hated being around royalty as a cub. They were so very dull. "I prefer this world." She motioned towards the players back behind them that were still discussing things with each other, or talking to other members of the crowd, around the make-shift stage.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm
Keina pranced on her paws like a gelding in spring. "Really, really? Then I'll have to tell as many of my friends as possible to come down, and mob you!" It would have been hilarious, if she had many friends. In all honesty, she was too new to the pride to have developed true friends; friends that would swarm Players.

When Bakari took center stage in the conversation, Keina tended to back off, but well...."YOU'RE THE KING'S DAUGHTER?" She bellowed, despite the complete look of astonished disgust on Bakari's face. "OH, OH, I didn't think that royalty could be Player's. That's just so-"

"-ridiculous." Bakari played a smile of his own, not convinced in the least. He knew the Queen well enough to spot her offspring, and this was certainly not one of them. "If you'll excuse us, my lady, I believe that my time is better spent with your siblings." Giving her a mock bow and an obvious smirk, the lion turned to rid himself of the place.

"Come, Keina."

As torn as she was, she knew what she had to do. While his bow was a cruel joke, hers was sincere, much like the smile she wore. "He'll just get worse if I let him go back alone," She explained. "But I promise to return. You'll have to let me know when you're going to be back on stage."

She turned towards Bakari, noticing how he waited for her, and pouted, "I really don't want to go. I'd rather stay here with you."

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Parisette grinned at Keina, deciding rather firmly that she rather liked this female, and then her mate opened his mouth yet again and Parisette wished she could smack him. Daughter of the King or not, she was still a player and he was still a noble, but still. She narrowed her gaze at him, and did not offer him a farewell.

Once he had stepped away, and Keina spoke once again, Parisette turned serious eyes to her. "Are you with him by choice?" She asked quietly, so that Bakari could not hear. "Is he holding you by force? I can talk to my father."

She wasn't sure if the king would do anything, but seriously, who would be with that jerk voluntarily? Keina was so sweet, she didn't deserve that sort of treatment.

Painted Moose

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm
It took Keina a while to do it, but once she was sure she nodded. "He gave me a home when I needed it most. I know he doesn't seem like the type, but he watches after me. It's all I've ever wanted." She smiled softly. Whether she was talking out of blind, naive love, or a deeper understanding, even Keina herself did not know. "Thank you, but really, I'm fine."

She looked back over to him, and shook her head, a little chuckle slipping out. "Did you know in his home pride he was a Noble, too? Except his sister was a servant to him. He was lost when he left her." Keina turned back to Parisette. "I just don't think he could make it on his own, nope, not a bit. Plus, he's getting better. I'm not as quick to catch on as his sister was, so he's having to try harder to get his point across." She shrugged his shoulders with a sheepish grin.

"I'd better get going, before he causes a scene. I'm glad I met you, Parisette." She gave the female another respectful bow before bouncing off to meet with her mate.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff