Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Lol Love Spells /facepalm Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever tried or been a victim of a love spell?
Yes I have tried one and it worked
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Yes I tried one but it failed
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Yes my bf/gf admitted that he used one on me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes someone tried it on me but it failed
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
No love spells are a sham
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
No love spells are morally wrong
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:51 pm
I've been reading posts on the forums, and I randomly stumbled upon this page about love spells Brings back memories. I suffered unrequited love for many years as an adolescent, back then I asked a wiccan friend of mine about love spells and whether they worked. She told me that no, love spells aren't a good idea (because it's influencing someone's will) and that in general they didn't work. Fast forward a few years, my unrequited love became my abusive boyfriend, and when I finally 'outgrew him' he was quite distraught. He had always been drawn to the occult, and was a bit of a terrible secret keeper. He admitted to me that he had tried using love spells to get me back. I never ever felt the effects of it. Creepily I had stumbled on to a forum post he once made on an occult forum, where someone did an i-ching reading for him. The reader said that I was happy in my current relationship (relationship is 3 years strong now heart ) and that it was unlikely that I would return to him. I was quite surprised that a stranger/diviner was so spot on. My ex did not even know that I was with my boyfriend at the time.

What's your love spell story? Have you ever tried one? Ever been the victim of one? What's your take on it- morally wrong or perfectly fine?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:16 am
This was years ago when I did it. Maybe 13 or 14 at the time, so you know, young and stupid. I'd had a friend and had thought then that she was my best friend. We did just about everything together, shared all our secrets, all that crap. So she knew I was learning witchcraft and would ask me about it frequently.

Then one day she told me she had a crush on one of my guy friends. I shrugged and told her to talk to him about it. She insisted that it wasn't enough. So she pulled out one of my "spell books" (you know, one of those "training" books that has like, holidays, rituals, what this and that is...the shite ones) and flipped to a love spell.

I wasn't going to do it. At the time I was just starting to learn and figure out the morals and such behind spell work and of course everything you read (okay, not everything) goes on and on that love spells are awful, yada yada. So I'd told her no. Well, she begged and begged and unfortunately it wasn't until I was sixteen that I started to really learn how to not let people walk all over me. So I relented and wrote up a spell with her. I tried to make it sound as scary as possible when I wrote it up to try and get her to change her mind, but it didn't matter what I threatened, she wanted to do it. So, we cast it.

It was like she changed completely as a person. It sounds silly and dramatic, but I seriously didn't know her anymore. The spell worked all right, my friend was head-over-heels for her, in an innocent way, not in a creepy, stalker, nutzo kinda way. But what does she do? She leads him around and lets him pine for her as she goes and starts dating someone else.

So here's my poor friend, "in love" with a girl I thought had been my best friend, and she's suddenly morphed into this cruel person. She was even nasty to me. So one day I cornered her and confronted her about it, because I was livid, and she laughed in my face because she thought it was the greatest game ever. I reminded her of the consequences we'd talked about when we wrote the spell and she blew it off.

"I don't have to worry about that because I'm never going to tell him I did it. I like that he's crazy for me. You're just jealous."

So I went and I told him. I knew he'd hate me and I knew she'd hate me. But I did it anyway because I'm not a psychotic b***h. Those were my consequences. Hers were that she lost the friends she'd been alienating at the time and her current boyfriend left her for her "best friend" (and hell no it wasn't me, I hated that jackass). She blamed me, but I was okay with that. She suffered at least until we graduated the school, because then we went separate ways. I have no idea where she went to high school and what happened after that.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:28 am
I tried a love spell once...it was to try an influence a person I knew so we could get closer. The spell called for the planting of seeds and as the seeds grew the person was supposed to be more attracted to you. The seeds never even germinated. So that was a fail. I couldn't be bothered with any love spells since.
However, a spell to make someone more attractive (i.e. the person wanting to find romance) I find is alright because if they ask you to do that then you technically aren't bending their will are you? You're not influencing someone else specifically.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:36 am
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
However, a spell to make someone more attractive (i.e. the person wanting to find romance) I find is alright because if they ask you to do that then you technically aren't bending their will are you? You're not influencing someone else specifically.
Doesn't that become glamour magic though if you're using it to alter your apperance?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:41 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
iKillCaustic--uKillMe
Doesn't that become glamour magic though if you're using it to alter your apperance?

No, it wouldn't be to change their appearance it would be something along the lines of scents that attract the oppostie sex, charms that attract experiences with new people and those sorts of things.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 am
When I was first starting, and still young (in high school), my boyfriend broke up with me. It was the one time where I really lost it, and I did a lot of crazy things, one of which was a love spell to bring him back.

I wouldn't exactly say that it backfired in the more traditional way, but in the 'be careful what you ask for because you just might get it' way. We did end up getting back together a while later, but not in the same way at all. We had originally been quite exclusive and serious, and later we were more casual friends with mild benefits. We ended up loosing touch a little while later, not on bad terms, we just stopped seeing each other.

Around the same time I also did another spell to make me more attractive in general. I used to be pretty insecure about myself. I was quite the tomboy, so when girls my age were getting into makeup and dresses, I felt un-pretty and lonely. Again, this was an early lesson for me in careful spell wording. I had a string of bizarre and not very healthy in the long run relationships.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm
As much as I hate admitting it, yes, I tried one. In late middle school/most of high school, I was desperately in love with someone who didn't love me back. I tried every love spell I got my hands on, tried charms to make myself more attractive [after that I got a lot of really creepy guys after me, ew], but nothing worked, Finally I just prayed my heart out that I would stop loving him, so I could get on with my life. And, well...I can't say i don't love him anymore. I do, but...it's not something I obsess over anymore. It's more of a nagging feeling--I can forget it now, and get on with my life.

Now that I'm in college, I don't see him much anymore, which might be helping. I'll hear about him now and then, or see him on the street, and that lonely pang will be there, but I can get on with my life now. I can honestly say I was never happy when I was so in love with him. Now...well currently I'm utterly depressed, but that is unrelated entirely. But in general I feel a lot more free.

Got a bit off-topic. But that's my love-spell experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm
Erise Crewe
What's your take on it- morally wrong or perfectly fine?

I don't think magic of any kind can be seen like that because magic is a kind of tool and ethics are about people's behaviors more than tools.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Erise Crewe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:08 pm
oOGarrettOo

So I went and I told him. I knew he'd hate me and I knew she'd hate me. But I did it anyway because I'm not a psychotic b***h. Those were my consequences. Hers were that she lost the friends she'd been alienating at the time and her current boyfriend left her for her "best friend" (and hell no it wasn't me, I hated that jackass). She blamed me, but I was okay with that. She suffered at least until we graduated the school, because then we went separate ways. I have no idea where she went to high school and what happened after that.

A few years ago, if someone told me that I was in love with someone because of a spell I wouldn't have believed them. I'm not saying that it didn't work but it's a shame that it ruined your friendship with him. As petty as it sounds I'm glad she had what was coming to her. On an off topic note on my own I know I've been cruel to many a guy in my teens/early twenties (completely not magic related though) sweatdrop I know good intentions and guilt aren't enough to make up for it... part of me fears for the day that will catch up to me as well haha.

Venra Axel Prey
Finally I just prayed my heart out that I would stop loving him, so I could get on with my life. And, well...I can't say i don't love him anymore. I do, but...it's not something I obsess over anymore. It's more of a nagging feeling--I can forget it now, and get on with my life.

I'm really sorry to hear that Venra. It was brave of you to admit what you have and I just want you to know that I've experienced similar feelings and I understand how you feel. Thank you for sharing I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 am
Hm...
Love spells. Never tried one.

Bit of a grey area in my moral code XD

On one hand, does your spell manipulate the person to fall in love with you? Or is it simply a spell to draw in someone you can love? Who knows?! Well, probably the person casting the spell.  

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 am
Erise Crewe

A few years ago, if someone told me that I was in love with someone because of a spell I wouldn't have believed them. I'm not saying that it didn't work but it's a shame that it ruined your friendship with him. As petty as it sounds I'm glad she had what was coming to her. On an off topic note on my own I know I've been cruel to many a guy in my teens/early twenties (completely not magic related though) sweatdrop I know good intentions and guilt aren't enough to make up for it... part of me fears for the day that will catch up to me as well haha.

I usually only give what I get. I was never a very attractive person in my youth, so of course I was harassed constantly. I just made sure to give it back accordingly smile

Those friendships mean absolutely nothing to me, to be perfectly honest. We all went separate ways after that anyway. Besides that, I'm constantly changing out my groups of friends. I was quite popular in high school without even realizing it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:06 am
Actually...the pictures on the website are kinda pretty...  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 am
Erise Crewe

Venra Axel Prey
Finally I just prayed my heart out that I would stop loving him, so I could get on with my life. And, well...I can't say i don't love him anymore. I do, but...it's not something I obsess over anymore. It's more of a nagging feeling--I can forget it now, and get on with my life.

I'm really sorry to hear that Venra. It was brave of you to admit what you have and I just want you to know that I've experienced similar feelings and I understand how you feel. Thank you for sharing I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon. biggrin
Thank you. Whenever I tell someone about that they all think I'm crazy, haha. Thabks for understanding, and I'm sorry you had to go through something similar. I also wish you the very best ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:04 pm
oOGarrettOo

I usually only give what I get. I was never a very attractive person in my youth, so of course I was harassed constantly. I just made sure to give it back accordingly smile

Those friendships mean absolutely nothing to me, to be perfectly honest. We all went separate ways after that anyway. Besides that, I'm constantly changing out my groups of friends. I was quite popular in high school without even realizing it.

xd I'm a little bit of an introvert so I'm kind of the opposite. sweatdrop I lose touch with a lot of my friends, but I still find myself missing them. stare but then I'm too shy and introverted to openly try to find them again. It's a vicious cycle emo  

Erise Crewe

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm
Erise Crewe

xd I'm a little bit of an introvert so I'm kind of the opposite. sweatdrop I lose touch with a lot of my friends, but I still find myself missing them. stare but then I'm too shy and introverted to openly try to find them again. It's a vicious cycle emo
I'm very introverted as well, but I find new people help wake my brain up. ninja I don't like meeting new people, but that's what the lovely internet is for, because instead I can just talk to them.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games