Submit

Its Smiley

Blessed Lunatic

12,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 pm
Alright, now I've got a DS and beat all my games, so naturally I need a new one, but I'm having the worst time choosing between Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Now, I've played Pokemon Crystal before, but an old friend stole it from me so now I've got a hole in my heart only SS/HG can fix. Then again, I love Zelda sooo much and without a 3DS or a Wii, Spirit Tracks is the only one I can play but haven't.

Which do I choose???

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:40 pm
skyrim.

but srsly HG/SS are good options. i personally waited for them to try and be douches and release crystal so i never got em. they are still nice games though.  

Xilo The Odd

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:33 am
HGSS. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:51 am
HGSS is probably the best pokemon game, mechanics-wise. But Spirit tracks is great too-- And cheap!

it's not like, a ground breaking Zelda, but it is a game of the quality one can expect from Nintendo in this day and age, and it is less than 18 dollars at Wal-mart. You maybe could get both.

Then buy yourself some cake, and eat that as well.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:26 pm
I vote Spirit Tracks. I've played it so I can assure you it will not let you down in the excitement department. Not that HG/SS isn't exciting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 am
I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents and say that, as a Zelda fan, I didn't really like Spirit Tracks all that much.
It's a forgettable game.
Of course on the other hand, if you've already played Pokemon, it's not going to be that great the second time around.
If you're a big Pokemon fan and plan on getting Black/White Version and the inevitable 3DS Version, then I'd go with Pokemon. Otherwise I'd go with Zelda.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 pm
Spirit tracks is what it is, which is a handheld Zelda. IT makes great use of the DS's features, and it's a lot more aesthetically pleasing, IMO, than Phantom hourglass. It's definitely worth 18 bucks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 pm
Well, HG/SS aren't too similar to Crystal, so it's not like you'll be playing the same old game. You'll have fun with it and the mechanics are probably one of the best. There are extra things to do so it's all around a very good remake.

On the other hand, Spirit Tracks is a good game. I can tell it's one of the lesser liked games, and I'm going to tell you right now, the train probably will piss you off sometime in the game, along with the flute. Both can be okay with some patience though. The puzzles are pretty good and more complex compared to Phantom Hourglass so you'll probably enjoy it.

Do you mind getting games used? You could probably find both for a good cheap price that way.

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm
******** pokemon get Zelda.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 pm
Yokies
Well, HG/SS aren't too similar to Crystal, so it's not like you'll be playing the same old game. You'll have fun with it and the mechanics are probably one of the best. There are extra things to do so it's all around a very good remake.

On the other hand, Spirit Tracks is a good game. I can tell it's one of the lesser liked games, and I'm going to tell you right now, the train probably will piss you off sometime in the game, along with the flute. Both can be okay with some patience though. The puzzles are pretty good and more complex compared to Phantom Hourglass so you'll probably enjoy it.

Do you mind getting games used? You could probably find both for a good cheap price that way.
Oh god, I always forget about the flute. I wondered if they even playtested that. Thank god those little duets are so rare.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Yokies

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm
[Kegan]
Oh god, I always forget about the flute. I wondered if they even playtested that. Thank god those little duets are so rare.

I always thought about that too. If they did test that they must have been some serious gods at it. My boyfriend hasn't even completed the game because he can't seem to get the last duet right. I even tried for him and can't get it either, so we just gave up on it and put it to the side for now. I guess I got pretty lucky with it on my playthrough.

Even though I enjoyed it, it's the only LoZ game I've ever played just once.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 pm
Aside from the flute, the other items are pretty neat. The whip was basically the grappling hook, but I felt like more of a bad a** with it.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Zilla brad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:41 pm
Get HG/SS and buy new so you get a Pokewalker.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games