Kohaku and Kowab'akmar:
He hadn't been expecting her. Not in the least bit, how did she even get to this place? Kohaku and Kowab, both lying down in the pasture looking up at the stars. It was way different from the desert.. Soon Kohaku would go to war, the last time their days with each other come to an end. Kowab though- would probably fight along side him, but it was Kohaku's pride's war... but still. He felt the duty to honor them as well. They were still talking about it- little did they know that sooner than they thought, Luci would come to them. That would be unheard of. They only had one day left together, and then? War... Living the life talking about their whole lives up to this point.. Only Kowab's sister- Seras could diminish this day by talking to Luci and pin pointing where they were lounging and laughing. On the grass of a hill. Below then, decorated in ocean sand..

Lucia:
Luci did not look happy when she approached the boys she had come to call friends, the confidant plains-boy and her dark... She shook the thought from her head. Much as she wished otherwise, Kowab was not hers. She was not the type to approach a male with her heart, she couldn't stand the thought that it just might be dropped.
Zhen had gone off to tell a grown adult what had happened to Suki while she had gone off in search of the boys, wanting to know exactly what had happened, before anyone else came to interfere. She met a nice female, Kowab's sister, who told her exactly where they would be and before too long she was standing over them, looking down with a frown half-obscured by the growing mane on her head.

Kohaku and Kowab'akmar:
They laughed and pushed each other as they lounged there. "Dude- ... this is gunna be the last time we lounge like this for a while." "True." "Still- tell me that wasn't funny~" "Yea~" "bros." "Bros." Taking in both a deep breath- closing their eyes both at once... Then. The smell. "Do you smell that?" "huh?" Then Kowab thought for a minute, he hadn't ever thought. "That smell~ maybe I'm just thinking about her too much." The brown male smiled, he did think about her way too much. Kowab though, lifted his eye brow and then his eye and was met with a very... not so happy Luci. "Woah!" Kowab shot his head up.
"What bro?" Kohaku's eyes slowly openned before the sight made him quickly get up and roll over to greet her. "Luci! Woah! What are you doing here? Who brought you?" Coming up to her, like he usually did to rub his forehead against hers. Totally in his mind thinking rainbows and sun shine because she was here. "Am I dreaming?" But Kowab noticed her mood and it made him draw back a little and become instantly in protective mode.

Lucia:
She stiffed a little when Kohaku rubbed his forehead against hers, her posture awkward as she avoided looking at Kowab while his friend was so affectionate with her. Regardless of her discomfort, however, she kept her frown.
"Zhen brought me, on Suki's directions," she replied, stressing the name of her little friend. She took a step away from Kohaku so that she could better look from one to the other.

"Tell me you didn't leave him out on the sands alone. Tell me you wouldn't do something like that..." She wanted to believe that they wouldn't and yet what she had heard... A more rational part, one she was so loathe to listen to, was telling her they had. How could they? He was so fragile and the desert so harsh! Surely Kowab knew, he wouldn't have done that, no. He played the villain, she knew that, but when they were alone, when it was just the two of them, he was changed. He... He wouldn't have just left Suki out there, wouldn't have come up with such a cruel joke, would he?

Kohaku and Kowab'akmar:
The moment Suki's name came up. They both stiffened. Kohaku for sure drew his head back but not his body. The aura that Kowab felt with Luci- Kohaku started to feel now. The mood they were in was pulled almost completely down. Playing dumb would be stupid as of now, he turned to Kowab. He was better at thinking on his feet to cover their tracks but Kowab only looked dead center to Luci. As if he was almost tranced, not out of love. But out of what he would say... What her thoughts might be right now. "Harsh?" Kohaku tried to correct. "We were trained out in the sands- he could take it. Besides. He was RIGHT by the pride. It isn't like we left him very far. He needed to sweat a little-" This wouldn't blow over well, Now that he heard what Kohaku came up with on a dime- now he knew they would get in trouble. WHY didn't he say something! He tried to come up with a save but there was no use. She had already begun to eat them out for it.. He could only sit and listen to it now.

Lucia:
Brown eyes almost glowed with anger at Kohaku's words. Meek as she was, Luci was the daughter of two very large breeds of lion and when she had to, she could certainly throw her weight around. The frown deeply set on her features, she took a step towards Kohaku, her posture obviously intimidating.
"What were you thinking?! Sure, he's been trained, but it's not the same out there! Even my pride haev sense enough to stay out of the sun in this unusual season, and we are the desert walkers! Kohaku, he could have died!" She glanced away then, shaking her head. A shudder passed through her when she pictured her little friend, broken and hurt, pouring his heart out to her. She felt cold.

"Gods, he almost did. If Zhen hadn't found him when she did, we'd be bringing back pieces of him." Her gaze rose to Kowab and there was a pleading in her eyes. Tell me you didn't want to do this, tell me you had doubts, said the look, her voice unable to say the words for fear she might be wrong.

Kowab'akmar:
For moments, unlike he had ever known- he hesitated. When they met eyes, his heart instantly went to mush... He knew the blame would be put on Kohaku if he said anything further. He closed his eyes tight and looked away almost painfully... What he would do next would be a feat he had to lie- to Luci. After all he had said last time and scolding her to come see him, not like this. Kohaku didn't know when to stop, and when her posture changed he immediately lowered himself- but just a tad to look straight at her as she spoke then when she looked away.

Kohaku:
"Unusual season?" He questioned. Then she pushed those words that immediately made him want to guilt himself for even thinking up the prank. He quickly draw a paw towards her, grasping her chin and making her look at him. "Is my brother ok- Im-Im- Is he alright?! Tell me Luci."

Lucia:
Acting partly on instinct and partly on her own anger at how stupid males could be, Luci jerked her head away from Kohaku's paw, moving back out of reach again. He'd looked away, Kowab had looked away from her. And damn it all, she wasn't sure what that meant.
"The desert should not be as hot as it is. My pride is taking to the night for most activities now, our guardians have shorter patrols and water is always waiting for them when they return," she replied, hoping that might put some sense into Kohaku's skull. She returned her thoughts to Suki and shook her head.

"He's breathing, that's a plus. Vultures got a hold of him, the poor... He'll heal, but... But how could you??" On the last demand, she turned her gaze back to Kohaku, a tear leaving one eye as a herald for more to come.

Kohaku:
He hadn't known what his prank would do- and now his heart sank with the thought of. How could he have done that- his brother- he had to see his brother but of course at least they found him and he was safe now. Vultures, he could only imagen it all... "Damnit." He growled out and when she pushed away from him again. Out of reach, he stood with a fiercely sorrowful want for her to be next to him.. He had done something awful but- would this mean she would hate him forverr?

Kowab'akmar:
Kowab saw the blame and guilts, he couldn't take his 'hero' to be the villian. If anyone found out- Kohaku would be dishonored and his goals would crumble. The look in his eyes, when he saw Luci- even she was beginning to blame him and he was closest to her.. he couldn't even begin to touch where he THOUGHT Luci's heart lyed. "I thought it woulod be funny, I mean." He spoke up. "We trained- we didn't know about the harsh weather condition. Just seemed a little hotter but we didn't think on it. Plus- we left him close so he could stay there. He's not fit for war anyways. It was funny., Seeing him squirm but we thought he'd find his way to your pride and rest.. Give him a little worry and sweat thats all." He had to take the blame. "The last prank before we go to war. Now e gotta hear this mess. Well that puts us back a little. At least he can stay out of the way of war. Keep him there."

Lucia:
Luci turned to Kowab when he spoke, the tears coming swifter with each beat of her splintering heart. Either he was so cruel as to have formed the prank, or he was lying to her. While one was surely worse than the other, both hurt her. Deeply.
She took a step towards Kowab, then another and another, until one could reach out and easily touch the other.

"Is that the truth? Was it your idea, Kowab?" She glanced at Kohaku, he had said it first... And Kowab was always covering for him. She didn't want that, she wanted them to be honest with her, even if it meant admitting to having done something so terrible. At least tell her the truth! She returned her attention to the dark male who meant so very much to her, tears trickling down her face.
"Please, Kowab, the truth."

Kowab'akmar:
Every muscle in his body was now aching, was it so hard to lie? He'd done it now- so often. Like breathing, now he couldn't even form it. The words he said hurt him with every since inch of how it hurt her. His heart was twisting and crushing but he couldn't.. tell teh truth and risk everything Kohaku had up til now. He had- nothing to give her. Nothing to his name, just a rogue. He couldn't even be apart of the chowke or visit her? When she came close, the eyes of wanting the truth. He almost couldn't handle it... Why was it so hard to lie to her!
"Yea- is it so bad to throw some prank. We- I didn't know it'd hurt him. I assured Haku that if we left him near the pride he'd be ok. How was I suppose to know he'd get attacked!" He rose his voice, and lifted his paw up in that 'giving up whatever' notion. But he didn't want to leave Utsuki there- he was every bad name in the book but to leave his youngest sibling out in the desert. Even he had second thoughts and he knew how to prank but Kohaku's was boarder line cruel. He should have stopped him- so he too was to blame. Why not take all of it- everyone hated him anyways.
Kohaku- should have manned up, but he didn't and looked away.. Til Kowab was done and then he stepped in between them. "We didn't know- and he is safe now- right? I mean- what do you want us to say. We're sorry- we didn't know.." His voice was sincere in that regard.. Kowab just stared at Luci since she made it a point to look at him. But then he looked away when Kohaku got in the middle of them... it was their fate right?

Lucia:
It felt like her heart was breaking. She didn't want to believe him, the look on his face gave her enough doubt to hold on to the fact that he wouldn't be so cruel, wouldn't leave Suki like that. But he lied to her. He LIED to her! All to make Kohaku look like the good guy. Why?! Why couldn't Kowab be the good guy? Why couldn't he be her hero? Why did he always have to put Kohaku first?
Luci bowed her head, trembling.
And then Kohaku stepped between them.

Her head jerked up and she took a step back, away from Kohaku.
"Gods, he thinks something happened to you, he doesn't even, it didn't even cross his mind..." She shook her head and the poor thing had... And the only one who ever had a chance of having her heart was either lying to her or had tricked a poor, sickly cub into getting lost in the desert during a heat-wave.

"I can't believe you, either of you. Don't you know when you're going too far?" She was shaking and crying in frustration and hurt.

Kowab'akmar:
The only thing he could do to push her even further. Was laugh... and his smile looked crooked as he did. Chuckling and curling over. "Isn't it fun to watch others cry. Others in pain!" Smirking.. "Its funny that a weaklink can even think that we would be in some kind of danger- I thought he could handle it~ hahaha Guess not!" This would break her. He was sure of it.

Kohaku:
"STOP IT!" He hissed.. he couldn't take his friend doing this but somehow- he started to believe that something was seriously wrong with Kowab... His friend was like apart of him. Saving him, something broke- was it.. Luci? He growled and threw himself at Kowab and thrashed his head in to the ground with a paw against his throat. "STOP THIS!" He yelled out - nerves on end as he bared his teeth for the first time at Kowab.. Which his friend only laughed back in his face for..

Kowab'akmar:
"Go see your sissy brother Haku~ What you scared to see what my little prank did~ you laughed with me didn't you!"

Lucia:
Luci sat down hard as Kowab started to laugh, squeezing her eyes shut as a paw went to her chest. She never thought it would hurt that much. Why was he doing this? This wasn't her Kowab, the cub who gave her a kiss, who risked trouble for a few nighttime walks. Was that the lie? No, no, she couldn't believe it, couldn't-
Kohaku tackled Kowab and forced him to the ground, a paw on Kowab's throat, growling down at him.
No! No no no! For all he was doing to her, she knew she couldn't see Kowab hurt, especially not by his best friend!

"Haku don't hurt him!" Before she could stop herself, she shoved Kohaku off Kowab, her eyes wide.

Kohaku:
"For all that talk about someone who protected my brother? I should thank you for saving him.. But protecting the one who did it right?" He growled towards her, when she pushed him he side stepped off but starred up at her. "Why! Why shouldn't I! Shouldn't I protect my brother's honor!" Getting back on top of Kowab and his laughing mess as he looked down at him. "That's enough! I called you my brother!" He yelled out. "No more!" Swip[ing at his face..

Kowab'akmar:
He turned his face to Luci- the only way to hide the lie was believe it- make it true and he did. In his mind.. He attempted to kill one of his best friend's siblings.. Next time- When she pushed Haku off him, he was about to get up before Haku came right back and even swiped him.. His laughing stopped.. His movement stopped.. Then out of no where he propelled himself forward and went for Haku with all his might... Swiping at him hard- this wasn't a spare.. Not a game they would play.

Kohaku and Kowab'akmar:
This was for real as they went swipe after swipe.. they matched it with each other's strength and power behind every movement. Like twins- they faught knowing every move the other would make.. Never thinking they would fight like this.

Lucia:
Luci's ears flicked back when Kohaku growled at her, threatened her. What had she done? She shouldn't have come, shouldn't have started this. She was terrified that one of them would hurt the other, or worse. This was a real fight, they wanted to hurt one another. She had to stop it.
But she wasn't a fighter. She couldn't do anything, she'd just be hurt, it would kill her parents if something happen to her, not to mention the rest of her family, her brothers... they wouldn't take it lying down. She wasn't strong, but she was large, as large as the boys where a normal lioness would be smaller. And she was fast.

She did the only thing she could.
Like a golden star streaking across the sky, she ran at the males and tackled Kowab, sending them both to the ground, her paws wrapped around his neck and face pressed into his fur.
"Gods, please... please stop."

Kohaku and Kowab'akmar:
hey rolled around with utter lust for fighting each other. Their hearts.. letting it pour with every swipe. Til she got in between them and they were ready to rip the other's head off. Was this what they really wanted? Why had they sparked teh bloodlust.. Then with rage pouring out- until Kowab got pushed down.

Kowab'akmar:
Instead of getting thrown in to Haku- he side stepped and fell on his side. Hissing, and when he was about to swipe he saw her..He couldn't.. "What the-"

Kohaku:
He was striking one after another- and he too was in utter shock as his friend came towards him and fell in to the ground.. Seeing Luci throw herself in almost a sacrfice.. she could have.. Then his bloodlust was shaken off. Ears pinned back. "What are you doing Luci!" Turning his body so he could snatch her off of him.. "Don't even touch a scum like him!" When moments ago - he was laughing with him.. how the tables turned so quickly. His muzzle to her back neck fur to pull her off. Trying to..

Lucia:
Kohaku pulled her off Kowab, yelling at her not to touch him, that he was scum, that-
Anger boiled over and before she could get herself under control, she whipped around and smacked Kohaku. The claws were safe in her paw, she made no intent to hurt him, but every meaning to tell him to stop what he was doing. Her eyes grew wide, but she stood firm, standing between Kohaku and Kowab still on the ground.
"No Kohaku! I won't let you hurt him," she replied, ears back firmly, her face pleading that they stop this. For all that her heart hurt so much, she couldn't let Kowab get hurt, not by the male he had called his best friend. She glanced over her shoulder at Kowab, her heart constricting, but only for a heartbeat before she returned her attention to Kohaku.

"I won't."

Kohaku:
Something.. twitched in her head. Something angered him beyond reason. She was protecting him... and not even on his side? What kind of stuff is this? Then he looked in to her eyes and saw a glint.. and it wasn't towards him. She was protect 'Kowab'.. "And I won't let you betray me!" He pulled her off once more and went in her face. "Have you gone mad. Your protecting him!? I won't have my mate taint herself~! Get out of here- we need to settle this once and for all!"

Kowab'akmar:
He pawed his face from the blood on his maw and lifted his body up.. Heeving a little.. He hadn't trained as much as Haku but he could at least hold his ground, she had put herself in the middle, and he couldn't help but look at her rather confused.. "I don't need a girl protecting me anyways." He eyed her then eyed Haku.. the building of hate in his eyes.. but adoration all at once. It pulled him all sorts of ways and with Luci it only tore more, a deeper gashing hole. When Haku said mate- his head shot up. About to tell Luci to leave, he froze.. Starring at Haku.. Those words.. They were- official? All.. this time? He took a step back.. He couldn't- but- he had to accept it didn't he?

Lucia:
Luci's eyes grew wide and she jerked back out of Kohaku's grip with a very angry growl. The pleading look was gone from her face, replaced by one of an angry female raised in a pride where marriage was determined by both the male and the female, not the male taking charge over her life. She was sweet, she was timid, she was not a fighter, but the last thing she was going to let happen was another creature run her life.

"Your what?! You- You- Even your brother had decency enough to ask me if I wanted to be his! And I'll tell you the same thing I told him. You can't have me." The growl was still in her voice as she enunciated each word slowly and carefully. She glanced over her shoulder, just enough for Kowab to see the hurt in her eye.
"Someone already has- ... had my heart."

Kohaku:
His fur rose, and his ears went hot. He was too obbessed.. Another screw must have went loose as he went up to her. Towering her with pain and anger ridden in his eyes. "All this time!? Was just a lie to you?! Some game then!?" He growled. "Who has your heart!" He roared.. "Who has it- I shall rip it from them.. and tare them apart!" Even the most virtuous brother.. the kind elder brother- had greed in his heart.. lust.. The want of something he couldn't have....

Kowab'akmar:
When she looked back at him, he had barely caught it enough to see in her eyes.. He was smart.. And caught on quickly.. but he couldn't have her? Who was he anyways.. Her words curled around him and held him enough to suffercate. Haku never hit a girl- he never even thought to.. "Don't treat her like that!" He hissed and took a step forward. "Back off."

Kohaku:
"This has NOTHING to do with you Kowab!" He yelled at him then starred in to her eyes.. weaving for an answer.. with his breath harsh and ready to blow..

Lucia:
Luci's anger wilted under Kohaku's fury and she took a step back, suddenly afraid of someone she had once called friend. She had thought they were good, kind males, lions she could count on when she was in trouble, who would come to her when they needed her, too. But in the end it seemed that all she had left was Suki. Kowab... he would never want her, that was clear. His friendship with Kohaku meant too much. She could never tell Kohaku it was Kowab. Kowab and his little kisses, his frustration over missing her, his gruff attitude, his self-sacrificing heart.
She would never tell Kohaku, she wouldn't see her... the only... More spider cracks broke over her heart as her mind stumbled over the words she wanted to label the dark male with. But she couldn't find one.
She was terrified Haku would hurt her, more that he would hurt Kowab. She was certain something would die inside of her if she was the reason something bad happened to him.

But then he was at her side, he was being the hero for her, wasn't he? She cowered a bit at his side, trying to gain courage from his presence.
"Kohaku, stop, this isn't like you..." Her words were small and timid, a far cry from her earlier growl.

Kohaku:
"Stand down kowab! Its between me~ and Luci!" He eyed her.. "Who is it.. Wasn't Suki right... RIGHT!" He growled and lowered his head to hers.. "Can't be one of my brothers... can it.. Kumo? One of your pride members? Who!" Then it hit him.. and his eyes shot a look at Kowab. How she cowarded next to him. He reverted his gaze, and slowly walked towards him.. "Kowab.. you wouldn't happen to know who it is~ right...brother~?"

Kowab'akmar:
He didn't stand down. More so- he puffed out his chest and stood still til he came over. Trying to intimidate him. "I won't stand down.." His ears went back. "I may be scub but I won't let you treat Luci like that." A growl was surfacing.. still heated from the fight not too long ago.. She was right- but he wasn't acting himself neither.. Being a hero? "Does it matter? She said it wasn't you so back off!"

Kohaku:
"I loved you.." He looked down.. Every inch of his heart was feeling like it was being consumed.. "All this time I tried to prove it to you-! I thought we were one.. I won't give up!" He yelled.. "I'll come back a real Hero.. A Tenei.. By then I will confront the one that has your heart... and fight for your heart.." He gritted his teeth..

Zhen:
"Is everything ok over here.." Zhen wasn't at all pleased- she had heard teh yelling and came as quickly as she could..

Kohaku:
"Just fine." He huffed.. and threw his head away as he walked towards the rather large female that he seemed almost the same size as.. Coming from a family too- of large lions. "I'm going to see Suki.." His wounds, he ignored.. as he tried his best not to show how he was pained from the inside out..

Zhen:
"Luci .. you ok?" Ears fanned up, as she gave Haku a sideways glance as he walked passed her. His aura was strong.. and angry.. She could understand... somewhat.

Lucia:
Luci flinched, wanting to explain herself, but there was nothing to explain. Haku had jumped to conclusions. She had been nothing more than his friend, she'd treated him as a friend, playing with him and Suki, talking with him, laughing when he joked, telling him how her life was going. She never tried to have time alone with him, she never leaned into his nuzzles, her eyes never sparkled when she was him coming over the sands towards her.
Zhen appeared and saved the day of a sort. Thank the gods for her cousin. She didn't say anything until Haku was gone and she could sit down, hang her head, and tremble a bit.

"I'm... No, but I'll be okay... It's okay, Zhen, I'll be okay," she replied, looking up to give her favorite cousin a soft, shaky smile.
"Just... Just give me a minute, and we can go home."