Submit

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 am
Cydern stood still by the book case, eyes scanning the pages of the book in her hands. Romance, adventure... things she thirsted for. The author of the book she was currently reading had a writing style that was similiar to hers, and as she stood by reading, she felt her muse growing, little by little... The urge to write was returning to her, along with the joy literature often brought to her life. She had been travelling too long... maybe it was time to stop and really focus on what mattered, her life, and starting a serious career... And maybe even a family, somewhere down the line... If only she could find a stallion that appealed to her tastes... that was equally interested in her, of course...

She sighed and closed the book. What was the point in dreaming? It was from experience that she had learned her lesson in love. One does not need it to survive. But one does need it to live... for Living and Surviving were two very different things. Both were levels of existing, but only one meant true happiness. She wondered if that would ever be hers, happiness... Perhaps she over thought it, she often found herself contemplating that which may cause many insanity. Love, Life and everything in between. But aside from her utter lack of Romance, she was certainly not lacking in adventure. Her travels took her many places and introduced her to many creatures and Mearhs of all sorts. It was sheer luck and fortune that had brought her to this Library, but she did wonder, Where exactly was she? That question in mind, she set out to find a map somewhere along the shelves, leaving the romantic story book on a lone, empty table.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 am
Duo hadn't ever thought there'd be a time when he'd step foot into a Library carrying a stack of romance novels and the tools needed to write novels successfully. While yes he'd dabbled in writing professionally he'd never ventured far into the trap that was romance. All of his characters had tragically lost their loves, gaining the strength needed from their circumstances to push through whatever it was that had held them down to triumph in the end. Izzabella called his writing style heartbreaking, Duo called it practical. But than again, that's one of the reasons why he'd only made final drafts and hidden them away in their home. They weren't for the eyes of the public.

As punishment for his 'unfather-like' behavior (it wasn't as if he'd been expecting her to walk in while he was practicing with his scythe) Duo had been banished to the Library to return all of Izzabella's nearly overdue books. All twenty of them, at the same time. There were tools for writing and romance, action, mystery, and even a cook book or two. Duo personally thought the two cook books were there to slight him and his rather plain cooking methods.

With a sigh he dropped the last of them off into the return box, making sure that all of them were in fact not overdue and had Izzabella's name on the little card in the back. He rolled his shoulders and plodded off into the Library, he might as well browse a little before returning home. If he remembered he needed to see just how badly out of date some of the books he owned were. Izzabella had taken to teaching herself some things out of them and Duo didn't want her quoting things that were centuries out of date. So the first stop would be geography and- helloooo what do we have there?

Duo stopped in his tracks and craned his head around to stare after the teasing locks of a very pretty mares tail as she disappeared around a corner. He stealthily slided up to the next isle and peered through the spaces in between books at the mare. What he could see almost made his whistle in appreciation. What was it with this town and fine looking mares and stallions? His mind made up Duo decided that subtly would be lost and he should just try to go in for the kill. It wasn't a bar and there really wasn't any need to take a pretty mare home for the night, but damned if he was going to at least say hello.

"Looking for anything in particular?" He drawled, coming around the isle to stand beside her. Up close she was a very interesting mix of colors and Duo wanted to trace some of those ghost-like wisps of color with his fingers. He reminded her of something but he couldn't recall just what.

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:15 am
Chocolate gaze lifted from brief glance at amber hooves, meeting blue eyes that, without much of a doubt, held interest. The female took in what she could see of the male through the gap in the books, ears turning this way and that.

She turned, ears standing at attention, pointing forward when his voice reached her. "Hm? Oh... I don't... I'm not really sure where I am... I was hoping to find a map, or a scroll with some information on where I am." she explained. She was flustered because she hadn't realized that he had come to stand beside her; a reddening blush painting her golden cheeks a deeper, glowing orange.

She quickly hid the romance book behind her, long fingers dropping it silently on the shelf of the book case behind her. Unsure of what to say now Cydern looked down shyly, tucking dark, strawberry auburn strands behind one of her tall ears, her bangs falling over her face to curtain her shy gaze. She peeked up at him and gave him a little smile; it was cute, sweet, and it made her look all the more like honey, rather than cider. "I..I'm Cydern." she murred quietly, tail swishing behind her, tickling at the back of her calves and settling neatly around one of her ankles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm
The smile was so very sweet on her lips that Duo actually found himself having to resist leaning forward to taste them. Would she taste like sweet honey as her current coloration hinted at? If things went right then he would, but for now he'd have to settle for less exciting speculation. "Well I might not work here but all libraries are built about the same," He said turning to take a few steps down the isle and motioning her to follow. "Besides, I was actually headed that way myself when I noticed you. If I might, you've got the most prettiest coloration I've ever seen." He looked over his shoulder to flash her a smile, indigo eyes gleaming with mischief.

"You mind me asking where you're from if you're not from here?" He asked as he lead the way, the loose chestnut locks of his tail swaying gently behind him. He'd pulled his braid over one shoulder sometime during the walk and was now playing with it. He wound the thick rope around his wrist, only to free it moments later.

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm
Cydern was relieved when he gestured for her to follow him. She pranced after him, a slight bounce in her step, causing noticeable movement in her chest. She flicked her hair over her shoulder with a graceful toss of her head, bangs falling over her eye on one side. She didn't do it to be alluring, she didn't do it to draw gazes or attention, it was natural.

He was so sweet that she couldn't help but feel lucky, having met met such a nice stallion. Her tail sashayed with her hips with each movement she made. Natural curve, bounce and sway to her step. When he spoke again she tore her gaze away from her shadow, peering up at him shyly. "I was born and raised in the wilds. My parents weren't the city type. They died when I was little. I was a teen by the time I reached my first village." Her reply was soft, hesitant, uncertain, as if she thought it might give him cause to cast her out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm
He couldn't help but stare as he noticed certain...parts of her moving along with her bouncy gait and had to tare his eyes away when he noticed her looking up. It saved him from walking into a bookshelf. He veered to the left and headed down another aisle, glancing up at the section label as he passed it. "Huh, that's nothing to be ashamed about. I never knew my parents, first memories are of being cold and hungry in some city larger than this place." He replied almost absently, mind going back to those first few hazy memories that he could still recall. He didn't mention the fact that he had been hurting and someone had tied him up.

"But it was really brave of you to leave all that you knew to come here, to this place, that village. Most would have stayed in their place of comfort and lived the rest of their lives like that." He looked over his shoulder again and gave her one of his rare lopsided smiles, eyes gentle with understanding.

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 am
"It never felt right. It never felt like home. This place, whatever it is, seems warmer... more alive. I think I might stay awhile." she lifted her gaze when he looked over his shoulder at her and her eyes found him. Her heart melted and she couldn't the retuning the lopsided smile with another shy, honey sweet smile.

"So," she started, leaning over his shoulder to look at a shelf full of scrolls. She grabbed one that was marked, "Local map."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:36 am
"Well if you need a place to stay my home has a lot of unused rooms." Duo offered, going cross eyed as one of the scrolls in front of him was taken as he'd been staring at it. If he leaned back just a little bit he could make that light brush of beautiful marehood press firmer against his- No! Bad Duo!

He turned around so that he was facing her, face unreadable as his fingers brushed against her hips. "How many maps do you want to look over? I think there's books here with copies of them all sorted by region. I'm not too sure but I think they even go into detail to further explain things like weather and wildlife."

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 am
Cy had thought nothing of leaning back him to grab the book in front of him, but the warmth of his back as she leaned so close made her belly feel funny, like she had butterflies. It was a rather... giddy feeling.

When he turned and they were face to face she faltered in her withdrawal with the scroll, looking up at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. When his fingers grazed her hips she felt a shock, like a small jolt of electricity had jumped from his hand to her, dancing on her skin.

She got goosebumps and her soft downy fur fluffed itself out a little bit. Her ears laid back again and she looked down shyly.

She held the scroll against herself self-consciously. "I... I just want to see where I am in correlation to where I started.. to see how far I travelled so I can take record of it..."

She spun around, trying to hide her sudden blush. She had spoken quickly, voice a little higher than before. She was unaware as she turned, that her hair and tail might've brushed along his face and his legs, were he still in such close proximity when she turned away from him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:19 pm

There was something about the way she spoke, stuttering a little that cooled the heat in his belly a bit, made it a bit easier to think clearly and not about how good she might taste. He cocked an ear and gave her another lopsided smile. "Lets go see then." He said, voice pitched a little deeper than normal as her mane brushed against his face. She smelled like apples, the sweet kind you pressed to turn into cider and wine. His fingers itched to bury themselves into those silky locks and pull her close so that he could breath in that wonderful scent again.

He was grateful that she couldn't see his expression right now, because he was sure his face had morphed into something lecherous and fairly stupid looking. He licked his lips and let his fingers dance across her shoulders as he moved past her.

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 pm
"I started out from this city," touching a small place on the map. The little city was unnamed, but she knew from the circular layout of the place she had once called home. "Hm, about 53 miles in a week... not bad, considering the weather." she hummed, satisfied, taking note of the tower and the library, finding where she was currently.

"So... you'd let a random stranger stay with you?" she asked, facing him now, leaning back against the table, hands bracing her on the table top behind her. "It's a kind offer, I would hate to be a burden or an inconvenience." she said, looking down meekly, her hair falling around her face.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:07 pm
Duo studied the map as it was rolled out, taking note of the places he'd been as well, and was faintly surprised that he hadn't been to most of the inhabited villages yet. But reflecting back on how he'd been the past few months he decided that it was for the best, it wasn't just him anymore. "It's not a problem, my daughter will love having another mare in the house." He replied absentmindedly, "I know she's mentioned how quite the place is with just the two of us. But going from a home bursting with kids to one that was very much empty had to have been a shock." He frowned, thinking back to how nervous Izzabella had been most of the time, until she'd adjusted to the quietness. "But she's not home right now, off volunteering to babysit at her old home. The place is too quiet without her."

He mentally cringed at the thought of trying to explain just what he'd been up to if she'd been home and caught him in the act of loving someone in an adult way. The poor girl would go red and then calmly dissect everything. He'd die of embarrassment.

"So 53 miles a week, traveling on foot? Not bad at all. Did you see anything interesting?"

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm
"You have a daughter?" she asked, a little smile on her face.

"I'm staying in an inn of sorts at the moment, with a friend. Strayel, she's a single mom, she adopted her little boy from the orphanage at christmas. Her brother and his wife live there with their son too. There's a little green pegasus baby, Mint, and a few others that have gone to stay awhile. Oh, and there's Keeva, a little red and black mare, she's a young teen. Sweet natured. Maybe I could introduce her and your daughter," she said with a small smile.

She thought about the offer and nodded. "To tell the truth, I'm here looking for someone." she sighed and eased herself into a chair, looking up at him. "There's a possibility that my parents had another daughter just before they died, but they entrusted her to a travelling couple. I got a letter and a picture of her, she's got our father's markings, and the shawl I remember our mother wearing when I was little." she said with a small smile.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm

"Yeah her name is Izzabella, she's adopted but I love her like she was born of my flesh and blood." Duo exclaimed, beaming at the thought of his brilliant daughter. "Izzabella came home with me on Christmas, so it was probably at the open house that your friend adopted her son."

Duo had a thoughtful look on his face as he tapped the map with a finger, "Izzabella might already know some of the kids you're speaking of if they were at the Orphanage."

He cocked an ear as she spoke of looking for someone and gave her a crooked smile, "I don't think I can be of much help with finding someone. I'm fairly new here myself, social wise." He said softly, "But if you show me what she looks like I'll keep an eye out for her and let you know if I ever see her." Duo might be a street rat and gutter trash and his strengths lay more in stealth and destruction, but he could do a little snooping if needed.

Lirende

Excitable Zealot

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:36 pm
Listening to him speak of his daughter made Cydern's lips twitch upwards into a small smile. She sounds like a good girl. I can't wait to meet her.

When he asked about her sister she thought about it for a moment before she remembered she had a picture she could show him.

She reached into a pouch at her hip, pulling out a sketch that had done by a hasty, but talented hand. A pale buckskin female with light staining in a shawl that looked to be of gyspy design looked severely at the viewer of the picture.

I've been told her name is Earl [pronounced Ae-yarl] Grey. she said quietly, stroking her hand over the sketch. She has my mother's markings, and our father's hair. She tucked the picture back into her pouch. And the only family I have left, that I know of.

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff