Welcome to Gaia! ::

✦✦✦ Yes, My Lord. ✦✦✦

Back to Guilds

A guild for a Kuroshitsuji B/C IT thread 

Tags: kuroshitsuji, roleplay, black butler 

Reply ✦ ENGLAND, 1889
[PRP] Playing Hostess (Deborah and Aloisia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:05 pm
Playing Hostess
featuring Deborah Griffith and Aloisia Adler
location The Griffith Estate in London

User ImageIt was going to be HER party. Her father had given her permission to hire whoever she wanted, and decorate as she liked, provided it didn’t look absolutely terrible. But really Deborah thought her taste was extraordinary. He raised her didn’t he? There was a slightly problem with her plans however. As large of a party as she wanted, the staff simply didn’t cut it. They would in the end, need more people to staff the event. She didn’t want to hire from just any company. And there wasn’t enough time or resources to find good temporary staff. The last thing she wanted to do was hire incompetent idiots who could and would make her a laughing stock. Not that her sister tried that often enough. Still this was HER party, no one else’s, and Deborah, for all her worth was going to do her best.

In the effort to get more men and women to help with the party she knew she had to be…discreet. It was rude to be too forward or to assume that it was even a good idea. Still, time was fading fast and she needed good, reliable, reputable staff! Begrudgingly she’d asked Margaret if she knew anyone and lo, the woman pulled through. Calling up one of her old friends, the man, A Mr. Rainer Moreau, he’d been more than happy to help, even if Deborah would be paying almost doubt what she could have paid had she just hired from the work agencies. Still, this way she didn’t have to worry.

Tables and chairs set up, flowers arranged neat and orderly. The extra staff were to arrive soon to finish setting up. So far? So good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:25 am
User ImageAloisia carefully adjusted her eye patch as she dusted the antiques that lined the hallway. Nearby she heard a couple of older maids murmur to each other, their judging gazes boring into her back while the girl minded her own business. They were probably speculating about her eye patch and her dubious upbringing. She set her lips into a preoccupied frown and forced herself to keep delicately cleaning the vases with her feather duster. A maid raised on the streets certainly raised concerns; she couldn’t question that, but she was a good child! She was an obedient child. Mister Moreau knew that. It was why he had taken Aloisia into his care in the first place.

She brought a hand to her mouth and nervously chewed on her news, the bandages brushing against her face. Her fingers weren’t actually injured. It was a peculiar habit she couldn’t shake off for some rea—

“Aloisia.”

“Yessir.” An automatic response. The maid bowed her head at her employer, who smiled politely.

“A friend called me up requesting for some additional assistance. You wouldn’t mind, would you?”

She pursed her lips, mulling it over. “Of course not.”

The man’s grin stretched wider as he moved forward to hand her a sheet with the address along with directions on how to get there. Although he would have preferred to have given her a carriage it was bit of a silly idea to give a ride for a group of servants. There were other women who accompanied Aloisia on her way to the Griffith residence, but for one reason or another they were quickly pulled away toward other duties as soon as the group arrived.

Aloisia fidgeted before reluctantly reaching out toward the first authoritative person she saw. Gaze downcast, she meekly spoke, “Is there anything you would like me to do…?”

Syusaki

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:41 pm
The girls that had arrived were a blessing, truly. She'd need to send a letter of thanks to Moreau for this, that was to be sure. And maybe a gift? Or would that send the wrong message? Augh, she just wanted her party. Catherine was off making sure the cooks were doing their work, Elizabeth had been sent away for the next few hours to go shopping with her mother. A blessing a well. Even if she was a touch jealous she couldn't go shopping as well.

A woman with- an eye patch? Oh. Oh my. That was a bit...unusual. Well at least she seemed nice. Granted the eye patch made Deborah think something terrible must have happened to her. Like an attack. Street thugs liked to prey on women after all. Who knew what men were capable of on the streets when a maid might be walking home? "Oh something to do?" Looking around, she noticed the other maid that had arrived were already helping to set up the tables and chairs. Some of her maids were polishing the silver, not a task for maids not in her employment. Only so much outside help could do after all.

"Well-" a glance to the clock told her see needed to do a walk around, make sure things were still on track. "Can you keep tally or lists?" If the girl could then she could help her make sure everything that needed to be getting done was getting done. "I need to go though all the decorations and dinner choices. I don't want anything amiss tonight." Else where, her father was wondering if it had been such a good idea to let her host her own party.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:29 pm
Had Aloisia been a mind reader, she would have gladly informed Deborah a gift would not be necessary, but if she insisted Mr. Moreau probably would not have gleaned much on any double meanings behind it. He was a nice, albeit at times clueless, man like that. If the blond woman gave the child any bewildered looks she did not appear fazed by it. Rather she smiled politely, accustomed to the wordless glances. To be truthful she wasn’t completely sure why she donned the eyepatch. She had always worn it, and she assumed she always would. Aloisia never took it off. It was weird to say, but she liked wearing it. It had nothing to do with street thugs or any sort of violence.

“Yes ma’am,” she answered with a nod, hands folded behind her back. Deborah quickly looked at the clock, causing Aloisia to purse her lips as she awaited further orders. She felt guilty about wasting the woman’s time, but the maid had no idea what task to begin with. Yet idling around would do no one any good.

The request startled her. “Ah. Um. Yes m’am. I can read and write somewhat.” If Deborah threw unfamiliar words at Aloisia for her to write down they were sure to be misspelled, but not completely butchered. It would be a workable list. Aloisia nodded understandingly. “I will help as much as I can, m’am.”

Syusaki

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am
Oh thank god she could keep a list. Deborah didn't need perfection just a comprehensible list to keep track of everything. The clattered of dishes filled the room as they were set, ready to be filled come serving time. "Good, One moment." Pulling out a small notebook and pencil from her pocket she offered it for the soon to be list. "Thank you, now we have a bit of work a head of us. First things to mark as done are as follows. Silver, polished. Tables out, food working."

It might have sounded a bit queer, but to her it made perfect sense, and that was all that mattered. Beginning to move, she went for the small area where the band would play. "Note, move the band twenty feet to the south hall. Less close they are to the dining area and more the dancing the better I think." Deborah was smiling, even though outside her step mother and sister were to arrive back and possibly ruin her day.

Just why she wasn't going to waste one moment of this.

"Now, walk with me to the main hall ah-" She paused, facing the maid. "I don't think I got your name."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 pm
“Yes ma’am.” Aloisia didn’t need to wait long for the young woman to hand her a notebook and pencil. She took it with a timid bow and began to flip to the newest page. The servant attempted to keep her composure calm as Deborah already began to rattle off things to jot down before she even managed to ready herself. Her eyes widened just a bit as she started to hastily scribble down the items she mentioned. It was fortunate she had neat writing, but the spelling still could use some work. Equally fortunate was that the blond paused, allowing the young girl to catch up as she slowly ambled behind her.

“Food…working…” She muttered as she finished writing and looked up expectantly. Aloisia began to scrawl the next set of notes, but inside she began to panic. Did the woman expect her to write all of that? Ummm what were her exact words? The girl pursed her lips before timidly repeating the gist of Deborah’s words. “Move band twenty feet to south hall. Less close to dining area and more dancing is better?” Her attention constantly flickered between the notepad and the woman and nearly ran into her when Deborah turned to look at Aloisia.

“Oh! Um…” She held the notepad and pencil close. “Aloisia, ma’am.”

Syusaki

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm
Her notes were close enough. Deborah would be able work from them and with a hand wave she motioned towards the a small group of maids telling them that she spotted a scuff on the floor and to clean it up immediately. Two maids jumped nodding, while a third apologized and said something about being needed in the kitchens. Tch, maids. So good to have but so spacey at times.
Looking at at Aloisia she smiled. "Aloisia? That's an usual name. Not a bad one, just... not something I expect a typical Englishman to give his daughter.." She mumbled that last bit under her breath and realizing she had done so. "My apologies, we deviate from the task at hand. But yes, very good, there isn't to much to pick up on now with-"

The clatter of feet and a yell as a young woman not much older than Deborah entered the room, her expression livid as she began to give orders to clean everything up and one, behind her, an older woman looked beside herself as the young lady screeched up a storm. Deborah's demeanor quickly went south with a visible frown. "Elizabeth, you knew I was going to have a party. To make up for it Margaret took you-" "It doesn't matter what me and my mother did, you shouldn't be having a party, I-" Deborah had begun to shrink back in the wake of her step-sister's anger.

"You should thank your mother for your shopping trip." Now a man upon the scene, and the staff who'd been thrown into the public spat with siblings looked calmer, at least the regulars did. The man was a bit stocky, but Margaret looked relieved to see him. Both girls bowed their heads, calling him father. A glare from Elizabeth as she stormed out, her mother following. Her father just smiled.

Deborah took that as his blessing.
"Ah..um...back to what we were discussing yes?" She was visibly shaken, but still trying her best to smile. The regular staff just looked happy that the head of the house had stepped in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 pm
When she finished jotting down the notes and found herself waiting for the next set of commands to copy down, Aloisia went back to double check her writing. She crossed out a couple words and rewrote them in a different spelling that she hoped was the correct one. The maid rewrote certain words she found difficult to discern. Hopefully the notes would be legible for Deborah once the young child handed it over to the blond woman.

Aloisia shifted in place at the mention of her name. She pursed her lips together, debating whether or not if she should answer before cautiously explaining, “I don’t know if my father was English. I don’t know my parents.” It was only part of the truth. She actually didn’t know what she had done for most of her life. The farthest memory she could reach was of her waking up in the busy streets of England, nameless and confused before a group of street orphans picked her up and gave her the name “Aloisia.” It seemed like the green-haired girl would have continued her explanation, but she zipped her lips when she heard someone shrieked. She awkwardly stood as she observed the exchange between Deborah and another woman. Aloisia stared down at the notebook in her hands, meticulously looking over the lines until she found Deborah was done conversing. She shrunk back when an older man entered the conversation. Instinctively, Aloisia took a step backwards to distance herself from the gathered group.

“Um, yes!” she meekly called out as she stepped toward Deborah. Aloisia glanced at the man, presumably Deborah’s father, and politely curtsied before devoting her full attention to Deborah. She glanced at Deborah than at the shrinking figure of the other woman. “I think you will have a wonderful party.” It was the only words of reassurance she could offer. She was only a young maid, after all.

Syusaki

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 pm
The family was gone leaving Deborah to finish the rest but from the ways she held herds now, she doubted she could finish. Elizabeth has unsettled her and now she no longer felt she would be able to keep up with the task a head of her. Her fingers ran to a lock of her hair, idly touching it and rolling it in her fingers. A deep breath and she tried to set herself right. She could do this. There was just a little bit left and then she could order some people around and rest. Her father had already left, and the sister and her mother were gone. "Thank you." The words were softly spoken, as if Deborah expected herself to be chastised.

Looking to Aloisia she smiled. "Really I- thank you Aloisia. You can join the others I think I have I all I need at the moment." She was tired, and the sooner she told others what to do she might take some time to relax.

Syusaki
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW I am ;A;

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 pm
The pad and pencil were tightly clutched in her tiny hands, the tip poised over the paper like Deborah would continue to rattle off a list for Aloisia to copy down, but the words never arrived. Instead, she received startling words of gratitude. She blinked, cheeks flushed pink. The maid curtsied to hide her red face. “Your—Your w—“ The only person of rank who ever bothered to thank her was Mister Moreau himself. Other noblemen and anyone else with stature did not bother for such trivialities. It was odd to receive them, especially from a woman a few years older than herself. She held out the pad and pencil for Deborah to collect. Aloisia kept her eyes downcast. “Yes ma’am.” Once the items were taken out of her hands she held onto her dress and hurried off to join the rest of the other servants.  

Syusaki

✦ ENGLAND, 1889

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff