Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The ringing of the bell above the door was the only indication that anyphony had entered the shop; End of an Era was difficult to see at times, yes, but especially when entering an establishment built by and for creatures twice her size. The little unicorn could hardly reach the counter rearing up on her hind legs; it was with great difficulty that she eventually got the attention of the proprietor.

"Excuse me, good sir. Are you... I... I need to learn about..." Her questions died in her throat as she attempted to ask the large, dark-maned unicorn some things about flowers. As he turned around, she realized immediately who he was. This was embarrassing, to be this poorly composed in front of such a unicorn. Not only was the stallion of that classic swarthy heroic complexion- an ideal character model for her next writing- he was also Taquita's uncle.

"Are you Honeysuckle?" she finally managed to squeak out.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm
User Image

The large draft stallion turned his head slowly as he heard the sound of his door bell go off. However he did see anyone. Strange? Then a shuffling noise was heard from the floor area. Ah, it must be a phoal. Being so tall had it's problems. The voice of the filly reached him and soon he was looking at a rose eyed girl whom seemed a bit transparent.

He smiled at the small one, his warm black eyes soft in the light that kept his flowers warm. He tossed his dark mane over his shoulder then leaned his head down as she asked her question.

"Why yes I am, my lady. You are the friend of my young niece yes? I have seen you two together several times. It is good to know Taquita has one she can call a friend. A heart is cold without the warmth of friendship to kindle the fire of inspiration," he waxed poetically.

"How may I help you?"

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm
"I, uh..." The red-eyed unicorn looked up at the massive stallion. He really was a giant! Would Taquita get to be that tall? "It's nice to meet some of Taquita's family. I mean, the ones who aren't her brothers. I've met them. And, well, I guess I've heard her father, just not seen him." She mulled her thoughts about her head, wondering if this was even a good idea. What if this was stupid? Hastily, she pulled from her saddlebags a book on the language of flowers. Flipping through it, she attempted to find something that would convey her message. But what message exactly did she want to send? A 'Thank You For Being My Friend'? What if it turned into 'I Think Your House Needs Something To Make It Smell Nice?' She didn't want to offend. "How... how do you pick out good flowers? And are flowers ever... I guess the word I want is inappropriate? They're an ok gift to send to somebody, right?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 pm
Honeysuckle smiled as the girl spoke of his family. Yes his nephews tended to be memorable, their father even more so. But he was always glad to show a good face for them. Though he blinked when the tiny unicorn filly pulled out a book on flowers. Apparenly she was trying to send a message to someone with a floral arrangement.

"Well my dear," his deep voice crooned, "Flowers are an excellent gift as each has a meaning and a purpose. From deliate fragrance to herbal remedy. But many are social declorations of emotion."

He trotted over to a long table, a small platform coming out along it so the smaller phony could walk up a small bit of stairs and be on level to see what was there. All over the table were bunches of flowers, big buds in each pot but none were together. Each were seperate.

"Now you see my dear each flower does have a meaning. But in combination they say more than a poem or a story ever could. So, my advice, as that is all I can offer, is to look at what each represents. Then combine them into a thought bouquet. I do not know of your desired decloration but I will arrange them in a lovely pattern once you have choosen," he smiled at her.

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:06 pm
Ender furrowed her brows as she perused the plants. Here was witch-hazel, for the magic of their friendship. This one looked like pear blossom; that was lasting friendship. Yes, definitely some of that. Phlox; "Our souls are united." Perfect! But... what if she took the bouquet the wrong way? Ender knew Taquita's feelings ran as deep as her own, but were they as specific?

Pausing, she flipped through the book again. "Do you have any flowers that... can give the piece a double meaning?" Daffodil, for uncertainty? "Like... If you don't want somebody to know how you really feel because you're afraid you'd complicate things terribly? Or if you're afraid that things wouldn't work because usually in books they end in tragedy but you're sure that it doesn't have to because you're real and not book characters? See, I want to send this present. It's really important that I get it right, but I don't know if total honesty is the best policy here... If I could make it say two things, one that I really mean and one that's easier to stomach..."

The little unicorn chewed her lip as she mulled it over, examining each flower individually. The stepstool was the perfect height; she could see all the gorgeous detail. There was so much love put into these flowers; how could they not be powerful vessels for emotions. "But then... something feels wrong about that."

Soulful crimson eyes stared up at the larger phony. To Ender, all adults were secretly surrogate parents, as she had none of her own. She silently pleaded for advice from the older unicorn; this stuff was hard!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm
"Well look at it this way, Ender. How would you feel if someone sent you mixed messaged? Or if they didn't tell you the whole truth? Would you feel like they were your friend and someone you could trust?" Honey smiled softly at her. His demeanor calm and soothing. He suspected the two fillies like each other, but they just were too young to really understand things right now.

"Honesty, dear Ender, is the key to any real friendship. If you can't depend on someone to tell you the truth, no matter how bad or unsavoury it might be then what good is the friendship? Our friends are suppose to be there, through the good and the bad, experience our hardships and joys with us in equal share," spoke in an eloquent mode. His deep voice resonated with thought and experience.

"So once again, the ball is in your court to choose. Do you want to to tell the truth? Or do you want to hide it? If it were you, what would you want the person to do?" he settled onto a large chair near the flower display to await her selection. The flowers she had already choosen floated over to the arangement table to await him.

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:35 pm
"I think I see what you mean. I know that I'd want to know the truth... and you know, even if it goes all... weird... I'd really like for her to know way down the line that no matter what I was, I was honest. It's... it's really not easy for me to trust other phonies, since I spent so long alone. But for those who are used to trust... yes. I think..." Ender took a breath, forming her next few sentences in her mind. She wasn't really good at this, but Honeysuckle definitely was. She figured he wouldn't judge her for this little situation.

"But... what if my honesty is... is awkward? Or if it hurts? I don't want to lose my... my best friend." But she knew deep down what she needed to do. She just wanted to be sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 am
Honeysuckle listened to the small one speak of her worries. He knew she had no family to speak of, being very much a loner. He rose from his seat, his large body moving with surprising grace. He walked over and put a large arm around her, his hair falling like a cascade of blackwater until it shielded her from the light of his shop.

"My dear," his voice was soft and comforting, "honesty can be double bladed. But a true friend see's past the awkward, brushes off the cut of the blade, and stays true no matter what. For the eyes of a friend have a certain clarity that others do not. Just remember that. And if I know...ah...this certain phony....she is just that."

He pulled away, letting the light of the shop back onto her. This was a phony of shadow and darkness, which is why he explained such depth to her hidden in the shadow of himself. She would absorb it more in his mind. Or he was just being poetic and such for the little phony.

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:31 pm
Ender found herself nuzzling into his foreleg. He wasn't anybody's dad, least of all hers, but he gave advice like the father she never had. "You're right. In my heart of hearts, I think I knew that. I just... I just needed to actually hear it." Breaking free, she went back to her examination of the flowers. She pointed out a sprig of purple and white lilac. "That one, too, then. The lilac, the witch hazel, the pear blossom, the phlox. And, um. A white carnation? And maybe some of that greenery to round it out? And can you tie it with two ribbons, maybe? One black, one white? That... that'll be perfect. It'll say everything I want it to say."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:44 pm
"Of course," he smiled and began to arrange the bouquet. His magic weaved the flowers together to make a lovely arrangement along with some springs of greenery to give it a rounding effect. Finally he twined black and white ribbon into the base of the arrangement. Finally he wrapped it into some paper and handed it to the small filly.

"There you are End of Era, one bouquet. I hope the recipent enjoys it," he smiled and plucked a arborvitae from a pot. He placed it in her mane. "And one for you, a symbol for everlasting friendlship. Have a nice day."

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items