Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Starling House Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 pm
In the London Underground is a pretty rundown looking house that once belonged to a pureblood family known as the Starlings. With the eldest members having recently gone on to be with Death, the house fell into the hands of their only daughter who has not been seen in quite sometime, and also to her daughter.

The house is a narrow three story dwelling made of dark brick. A tall oak tree stands guard along the grey stairs. Iron bars are on the bottom windows.

Upon entering the house, there are three ways to go. By turning left, one would enter the hall in which several family portraits hang. At the end of the hall, is the kitchen which is attached to the dinning area through a sliding wood door. A room off to the left is the sitting room where a grand piano lies covered in dust. Across the hall from that is a restroom.

On the second and third floor, there are bedrooms and bathrooms, each totaling three. On the third floor, there is an observatory.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:18 pm
Members of the House

Aravis Radcliffe ~ Currently at Home

Darryn Wyn[~ Currently at Home

William Zephyr Radcliffe ~ Currently at Home

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 pm
* Halice is supposed to be dead. She lied and said that she died in childbirth to avoid the shame that her family would have put her through for having fallen in love with someone that wasn't of pureblood.

* Aravis' father was killed by a dragon when she was eight.

* Aravis is the widow of Will Radcliffe.

* Aravis is currently pregnant

*Aravis uses a small owl named Sadie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:05 pm
Oh, I’m not your enemy.
I never met no criminal.

And in the end I’d do it again.
I don’t wanna go to heaven if I can't get in.
User Image

Halice Rosentha

Halice opened the squeaking door to her childhood home. It was here that she had grown up. Here it was that her parents told her to leave the man she loved for someone else. And here it was, the first place she decided to take her daughter to after picking her up. It was her own house now, and she wanted to make it better, at least in her own view.

"Come on now Aravis," she said softly as she turned to the left, entering the sitting room. "Take a seat, you must be tired after riding the train all day," the former Slytherin said as she took a seat herself. She could only hope that she wasn't scaring her daughter, and thus blowing her first, and more preferable chance.

Former Slytherin

Mother of a Gryffindor

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:30 pm
Clouds come floating
Into my life,
No longer to carry rain
Or usher storm, but to add color to my
sunset sky.
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis Rosentha

Fifth Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Aravis had recieved the message that her parents would be away for the summer just before her last day of exams. She wasn't sure what she was going to do until she met a woman with short black hair at the platform. She claimed to know who Aravis was, and the Gryffindor was obviously curious.

So, she had followed the woman to a building that Aravis assumed was her house. It was rundown, but it still seemed as though it had a story to tell. Something far more intersting than her own. Once inside, she realized that the house was quite larger than she had originally thought.

The Gryffindor followed the woman into what appeared to be the sitting room. She took a seat and tried to figure out why this woman knew her name. "I'm not so much tired as I am confused," she admitted. "Who are you?"

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:40 pm
Oh, I’m not your enemy.
I never met no criminal.

User Image

Halice Rosentha

Halice sighed. She should have known this was coming. What was she to expect? She was the one who let her daughter be raised by those muggles that she had given the airline tickets to.

"I'd think you'd recognize me better. Honestly Aravis. Did your father have no pictures of me? Halice replied, a bit hurt. Her own daughter had no idea who she was. It was a travesty.

Former Slytherin

Mother of a Gryffindor

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 pm
Clouds come floating
Into my life,
No longer to carry rain
sunset sky.
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis Rosentha

Fifth Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Aravis had to think. Had she seen this woman before? Her voice seemed so familiar, yet she couldn't place it. It was something from long ago, perhaps before she was born. And then, there was the comment about her father having pictures.

After a few seconds, a thought filled her mind. But that couldn't be. Her mother had died. Yet, there could be a chance. After all, she had never formally met her mother. Aravis had only known her as an unborn baby. "You're not saying..." the Gryffindor started as her voice trailed off into thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:37 pm
Oh, I’m not your enemy.
I never met no criminal.

User Image

Halice Rosentha

"That's exactly what I'm saying," Halice finished the sentence quickly, not wanting to waste anytime. "I'm your mother."

Former Slytherin

Mother of a Gryffindor

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm
Clouds come floating
Into my life,
No longer to carry rain
sunset sky.
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis Rosentha

Fifth Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Aravis didn't know what to say, let alone what to think. She hadn't seen this woman in her memory, and here she was claiming to be her mother. She had no reason to lie to Aravis, none at all. She already did that though. A few years of it.

The Gryffindor didn't want to think on this. Not now. She had other things to be concerned about. Things such as her O.W.L.s and what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Why did her mother have to pick now? It made no sense to her. "I need time to think about all of this," Aravis said after what seemed like an eternity of silence.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:06 pm
Oh, I’m not your enemy.
I never met no criminal.

User Image

Halice Rosentha

Halice wanted to shake her daughter violently, but that wouldn't do any good in this situation. Besides, that might scare Aravis away, and the woman didn't want to do that.

She took a deep breath. The former Slytherin hated being patient, but that would have to be the best approach right now. "Take all the time you need," she said kindly. "There's a room for you upstairs at the end of the hallway, to the left. All your things are up there already," she added before leaving the sitting room.

Former Slytherin

Mother of a Gryffindor

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm
Clouds come floating
Into my life,
No longer to carry rain
sunset sky.
User Image

╔══════════════╗

Aravis Rosentha

Fifth Year Gryffindor

╚══════════════╝

Aravis was glad to have at least some space to call her own at the moment. She was feeling far too much like a bird in a cage that was too small. As soon as the woman left the room, Aravis walked upstaris and found the bedroom.

As she entered the room, a sound caught her attention. It came from Sadie. "Oh Sadie, I just don't know what I should be thinking," Aravis said as she opened the cage for the small owl to roam free. "This whole time, and she chooses now to show up? It just doesn't make any sense."

Sadie ruffled her feathers at her owner's complaining. "Ow!" the Gryffindor yelled as the owl nipped her finger. "Bloody bird! I probablly deserved that though. The n** brought her back to reality. She could accept what this summer brought her, and spend very little time at the house. She smiled to herself as she sat down and started to write a note on a piece of parchment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:53 pm
User Image

Fastened with a silver ribbon embroidered with the black silhouette insignia of an English Bullmastiff at each end, a scroll of parchment awaited on a regal owl perched at the windowsill and left once the message had been delivered.

Dear Rosentha Family,

You have been cordially invited
to

the Nott family
Summer Ball and Banquet

July 14,
5:30 pm
Nott Meadow Drive
Wales,

Toast to the new summer,
Guests, friends, and family, are always welcome

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm
Oh, I’m not your enemy.
I never met no criminal.

User Image

Halice Rosentha

Halice sat in the observatory looking up at the sky. She had always found the stars to be a comfort to her, yet tonight, there were very few that she could see. Just another thing to add to the list of things that had decided to forsake the former Slytherin. Tonight was her daughter's first day back at Hogwarts, and the girl had hardly spent any time with her mother. Something that the girl's Muggle adoptive parents had decided against. They wanted to meet her. She would oblige them in a week or so and she would get what she wanted. Yes, Halice Rosentha was quite certain of that.

Former Slytherin

Mother of a Gryffindor

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:35 pm
User Image
                                        ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇Ρϵɽʂϵῤҕɸπϵ Ӄэɣлэʂ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                        ▇▇Madam Puddifoot's Owner▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                        You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.
                                        ▇▇Salem Graduate▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

A pink haired girl apparrated onto the stairs and knocked on the door. It opened. Persephone walked inside cautiously, fearing that which everyone feared when entering a seemingly empty house. She just hoped that Aravis was here. "Hello?" she called into the house, her voice echoing.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out