SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 pm
User Image

Shadowed Moon couldn't help but pace. Despite his normal, relatively calm demeanor, everything seemed to be throwing him out of sorts recently. It had all started with a leisurely stroll through the swamp, leading up to a familiar area. When he had realized why he had recognized it, the excitement was not surprising. It was the home of a doe he had meet in his younger years, before his first and only breeding. While he had meet many does, none had seemed to click with him like she did. Nightmare-of-Roses still managed to make his heart beat, her playful and snide nature just seemed to knock him for a loop even now. Their reunion had almost seemed destined; like the swamp was guiding them and they had decided to accept the apparent intent. Though despite several tries their attempts at children had been unrewarded. He was sure the swamp had nothing against them, why would it have brought them together if it wanted them apart? Sighing he stopped and looked up at the sky, watching as the sky changed from it's normal blue into a orange-maroon. Normally he would have attempted to take solace in moon-lite hill, but that luxury was not currently available to him. Pawing the ground anxiously he wondered if luck was on their side this time. He wanted a clutch with Nightmare-of-Roses, but he couldn't help but worry at his inexperience. While he had done this before, it was under different circumstances. The swamp had been heavily guiding his actions, making certain everything would lead to children. This time it was all up to them, and they couldn't be sure the swamp would lend them any aid. If only he could have some assurance, some kind of sign that the swamp was guiding his actions or at least had given him it's blessing he would feel much better about the whole situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Why, hello." The doe standing in front of him had seemed to appear out of nowhere, though she had really just come from around a large tree. She tilted her head at him, considering the anxious, preoccupied look on his face. Lately she'd become better at recognizing those bucks and does who were in need of a little help; this one fit the bill.

But that didn't mean she had to help; he'd need to prove himself a bit first. She smiled very slowly, being sure to show a lot of sharp teeth, and paced in a slow half-circle around him. Some of the languid, lazy grace of her caiman form had carried over, and though she moved slowly, there was a sense of barely-restrained strength to each of her steps. "You look like you need a little help. Something the matter?"  

lostandtold

9,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 pm
Shadowed Moon couldn't help but jump at the sudden appearance of the strange doe, his current mood wasn't helping his normal sense of calm. Taking a deep breath to help calm his nerves, he looked back up at her as she smiled and began to circle around him. Wondering what the circling was about he followed her with his eyes, turning his head when needed. She had quite an interesting look, her sharp teeth and many horns were the least of it. Her shoulder scale and fur coloration gave her a strange feel, an exotic yet simple one. Pondering for a moment if she ever ate plants, or simply reserved those teeth for flesh he noticed that her walk seemed different as well, almost like that of predator. It reminded him vaguely of the log like creatures he'd seen periodically, though he couldn't remember what they were called. Her next comment brought his mind back to the thoughts that had been plaguing him before her approach. Nodding slowly he couldn't help but sigh.

"Truthfully miss, I'm rather worried about my current mate. We are attempting a clutch and I'm unsure of how successful it will be. I've heard some stories and would hate for something to go awry."

He glanced in the direction he had come, where he had last seen Nightmare-of-Roses. He couldn't be sure she was there now, he probably wasn't the only one with worries to be walked out, but it was the closest he could come to looking at her from where he was. Truthfully that was what worried him most, the idea that the swamp resisted their union was bad enough, but the possibility of her being injured or somehow dying in the process was even worse. His gaze returned to the other doe and he shook his head. "I'm just so unsure..." He sighed, pawing the ground for a moment. "I apologize if this is an unwanted burden, though I would much appreciate any advice you could give me on the matter. Without the swamp to guide me I am a little unsure how this will go, and quite worried about the outcome." He glanced up at the doe again, a fatigued smile crossing his face. He was grateful for her approach, as it was enough of a distraction to help keep his mind of the worst things. Those he really didn't want to think about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:04 pm
"Ohh? Oh. How interesting. Well." That unnerving smile stretched wider and wider, revealing more and more teeth. She circled closer to him, then away again. "If you really want to know, odds are that your clutch would be fine. Problems are not so common as tales told in the dark would have you believe. If it's advice you want, mine doesn't come cheap. But if you'd like a little more...insurance, well. I can provide that for free."

She came to a halt in front of him, finally. "Your children will be as constant as the stars, as swift as the wind, and as strong as the chill of winter. Grave in sorrow, unburdened in joy. Free as birds." There was weight in the words, backed by the glow of near-black eyes -- and then she blinked. "Now then. Off you go. Find your mate, and worry no more."

Then the mare was gone, leaving a gray-and-white caiman that sank lazily below the water's surface.  

lostandtold

9,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out