Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Crew Test Forum
My turn to grade the zombie event...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:49 pm
Hiru was understandably a bit nervous. After the insurgence had begun he had been assigned to defend practically a quarter of the Metropolis. This just a few days after he had travelled outside the village for what should have been a short break for All Hallow's Eve. Now, he stood alone in front of what could reasonably prove to be hordes of relentless enemies.
Of course, Hiru was never truly alone. Having recently been handed the honor of wielding the living blade Samehada, he always had a partner watching his back. All that was left now was the was the painful, unbearable wait of whatever might come out of the skyscrapers that surrounded him.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm
The Soma Brothers entered the west side of town. They had been hand picked by Sunagakure for their knowledge of infections and as a last resort, they could tear zombies apart from the inside. As they arrived, Kory dropped out of Cord's body and looked around. It seemed as if the pair had just transformed, as Kory had been using Cord's legs to walk and as he pulled away his own legs folded out from the boys chest.
However, this was also a great opportunity to gather intel on other villages, and as the superior ranking ninja on their squad they also got to boss around their subordinate shinobi ... well, shinobi students. They waited in silence.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:53 pm
Hiru's heart nearly stopped when he witnessed the grotesque spectacle that slowly crept out of the shadows. Before him, what was left of what was once apparently a proud Konoha shinobi dragged its rotting carcass from a collapsed building's door. Maybe a bit overconfident because of they apparent decaying state of his opponent, Hiru was nearly caught by surprise since its speed appeared to increase tenfolds as it lunged at him. Luckily, Hiru had good enough reflexes to simply move sideways out of the attack's range.
However, Hiru had been careless. In his surprise and disgust at his opponent, he had failed to keep an eye on his surroundings. As a result, from the alley behind him leaped two zombies from the shadows, attacking him in tandem. Their form was surprisingly efficient, probably the result of some leftover reflex from their ninja training stored somewhere in their putrid brains. They were so quick that Hiru was knocked forward. In panic, Hiru made sure he hadn't been bitten. Lucky for him, his sturdy Kiri vest had prevented the attack from piercing his skin, he'd have to be vigilant if he didn't want to turn into something like them.
Hiru thought these three would be the most he would see at one time, but it appeared he was wrong. Again one that was quicker than the others came running down the street and charged at him, trying to slash at his face with its sharp skeletal fingers. It came dangerously close to hitting him but lucky for him, its strike was slightly off, allowing him to duck under the attack and prepare for a counter assault.
Hiru tried to think of a strategy as fast as he could. He had to attack from a distance since physical contact was far too dangerous with these contaminated freaks. Samehada would prove perfect for this. However, his briefing had revealed that the contamination was spread through contact of bodily fluids, so shaving these guys with his naked blade at melee range would be a really bad idea. Therefore, as long as he wouldn't manage to put some distance between these monstrosities and himself, he'd need to keep his weapon in its bandages and, sadly, renounce to it's ability to absorb their chakra. If they even had chakra at all for that matter...
One thing was for sure, at the speed they were appearing, their numbers would prove overwhelming very quickly if he did not find a way to balance the odds even a little. He didn't like using this technique when he was alone because it taxed his chakra reserves so heavily, but, given the situation, he had no other choice. Making sure not to expose cuts to the outside, he slightly bit his tongue with his razor sharp teeth and spat the blood on the ground. Doing a few quick hand seals he finally slapped his hand on the blood spatter and firmly said "Kuchiyose no jutsu!".
"Kamesori! I don't have time to explain the situation here, scoop these guy's brains' out and dont let their blood into any open wound or mucous surface of your body!", explained Hiru in a second as Kamesori unsheathed his katana. Kamesori nodded and made an effort to quickly assess the situation as he got into a combat stance.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 pm
Karasu was nervous upon arriving at the West side of town. This infection was a dangerous virus right? What would stop him from catching it? A foreign environment with 'foreign shinobi'. He didn't like this, he didn't like it one bit. As he approached a Suna shinobi he braced himself. He saw some sort of transformation in it. Was this an infected person that was going through some sort of mutation? "What the hell?" He exhaled a somewhat shaky voice. He held a Naganata that he had found in front of him. Thinking he could use the shaft to hold something off.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:55 pm
A kid walked up to the pair brandishing a naginata towards them.
Kory, the elder of the two by an entire minute and ten seconds, waved his blue hair behind his ear and said, "Threatening your superior's already? My my we have an attitude problem."
The more sensible of the two stepped in at that point, Cord, who looked stronger physically, but was about five inches shorter than his brother. "Brother, I think our jutsu startled him is all. He speaks, so he obviously isn't infected. Just take it easy on him, he's nervous."
Kory spat back at Cord and said, "I know he isn't infected, but I don't need some nervous punk pointing his weapon at us every time we do something he can't understand. Which for an academy student isn't much ..." He scanned the boy for a headband, hoping he was wrong, but found no such luck. "Just keep him out of my way brother."
Cord smiled and approached the new boy, "Don't worry little boy, its our bloodline ability. We can merge with living things. Thats actually why Sunagakure sent us, our clan has a very up close and personal knowledge of the human body as well as infections. We are hoping to find the cause of the virus so that we can find a cure." His tone lowered and he said, "My brother is a jerk on the outside, but he is actually a big softy." He looked back at Kory, who was now surveying the city.
"And there is one more right? Another Kiri Academy student? While we wait on her, tell us what your good for kid. Do you know how to use that naginata, or are you waving it around blindly?" With his back turned on the boy, his Aien Nakaru would be visibly tucked into the back of his belt.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:56 pm
Karasu would emit a small sigh upon hearing them talk. "Thank god.." He said lightly, his voice much more sturdy than before. It's not that he was ever scared, just taking two on at once would probably be dangerous. Especially if the infection was easily spreadable. Karasu's relieve would kind of flat line when he got called a little boy. His eyes grew slightly lidded in distaste. "Was that a pun? Or..." He shook his head. Disregarding the softy comment. Then when the larger of the brother spoke, Karasu seemed to pay attention a little better. He figured that the bigger one was probably more in charge. Kind of like Karasu was with his brother.
"I am more adept in Taijutsu. But I might need the range to avoid infection." Karasu said this with confidence. When he was given a choice for weapon he actually used his brain for a change. He would turn his attention back to the shorter one now. "If you merge with the infected are you completely sure that you wont contract the disease.. If not you are risking making the infected stronger" He could feel their chakra patterns despite being nothing more than a novice himself. That was saying something.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 pm
Hiru learned very quickly that these disgusting creatures' predatorial instincts made a menuver like the one he had just made to summon a partner too dangerous to repeat. Placing one hand on the ground and crouching down left him far too vulnerbale, what his two opponents capitalized on very quickly. In a single maneuver, two of them bunched together and landed a pretty nasty fist swipe at his head, knocking him backwards slightly.
Even though the hit had clearly not been strong enough to draw blood, Hiru was getting tired of acting as a punching bag for these guards. Firmly grabbing Samehada, launched two powerful slices in opposite directions, one for each of his assailants, hoping this would break their formation by pushing them apart.
As soon as his attacks were finished he quickly knitted together a few hand signs. Water then started appearing around his feet as he apparently slid backwards, trying to distance himself from the zombies.

----

It became very apparent, very quickly, to Kamesori that his quick assesment of the situation had proved insufficient in the few seconds he had been given to understand what the heck had been going on. Moments after he had managed to unsheath his blade, an opponent that had appeared to have been focused on Hiru so far got behind him and knocked him in the head so hard he saw stars.
Despite the hard hit he had just took, he was pretty certain these guys weren't fast enough, so far, to warrant any extraordinary combat maneuvers. He'd try to cut them down the old fashoned way to see if this would be sufficient for now. Kamesori, in a crimson blur, launched a flurry of slices at all the opponents who had just gathered around him.
After his tempest of strikes was over, Kamesori took a few steps away from the fray to minimize his exposure to the blood that started splattering everywhere in a festival of hemoglobine a few seconds after he was done.
"They'll have to do a lot tougher than this to stop us, Hiru.", he said with a smirk.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm
Cord smiled and said, "Don't worry about us. If we get infected you'll be next anyways." His smile was dopey and caring, but he shook his head and said, "I'm fairly certain my brother and I won't be infected. Our clan is resilient to most forms of disease, however we will see how things play out." He turned and said, "Right brother?"
Kory looked over his shoulder and said, "I'm more worried about the student hurting himself with that naginata than I am about myself being infected. I'm not really worried about fighting close range, but try not to let them get in to close." He waved his hand and said, "Brother, you should rest until you are needed. For now you are of more use to me joined than you are separated. And you can still talk to the boy that way without wasting your energy. If you get weak and die because of it I won't forgive you."
Cord's mouth curled up into that awkward smile before he said the words, "When your right, your right brother."
He turned to the boy and said, "Your name? I don't believe you have shared it with us yet. I am Cord, and the blue haired individual is my elder brother Kory, though we were only born a few seconds a part."
Kord snapped in with, "Seventy seconds is more than a few brother."
With that Cord trudged towards his brother and merged with him, the skin melting together like Kory was made of water. Cord's head remained sticking out of Kory's back.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm
The red haired brother was right about that. While Karasu could defend himself he wouldn't be able defeat some people. If they were infected ninja then he was sure that there would basically be some tanks out there that could take any hit he could throw. "Do you talk trash on everyone openly? A real people person.." He shook his head a little bit, but not too obviously. Then at the mention of names Karasu paused. Had he really forgot an introduction? It was so like him. "I am Karasu. Karasu Kaguya." As then talked about being born only moments apart it made Karasu think of Katsuro. Where was he? Was he sent here for this too. Was it possible that he was one of the infected?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:01 pm
Kamesori's flurry of lightning quick strikes had left three of the four zombies chopped up on the floor. Still, it appeared that one of them, who was in very bad shape, was still holding together by a dangling piece of skin. The zombie gathered just enough strength to launch one extremely slow attack at Kamesori who barely had to move aside to dodge.
As a riposte, Hiru and Kamesori both struck the zombie with crossing blows, Hiru striking counter clockwise with Samehada at its torso and kamesori clockwise at its neck, hoping to chop it down like a pair of scissors.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 pm
Hiru gasped when he noticed the hulking abomination rush down to attack him. The large crevasse in his abdomen was still bleeding and let out a putrid smell that made it difficult for the swordsman to keep his breakfast in. Still, this foul stench was a double edged sword, it had revealed the zombie's position before it had even started attacking, allowing Hiru to prepare an elaborate counterattack.
For a second, it seemed as though the obese zombie had made direct contact with Hiru's head. Both his hands rammed down heavily on his skull, making the shark man crumble to the ground like a rag doll. However, it soon became obvious that things were not what they had appeared. What looked like Hiru's battered body turned into a thick, gelatinous, substance that oozed to the ground until it became a dense puddle.
The large zombie, obviously surprised by this turn of events, tried to get his fists off the concrete but was stuck in a very vulnerable position, especially with two opponents coming down on him with blades ready to tear new holes into him, probably even bigger than the ones he had.
Apparently from nowhere Hiru appeared from behind and over the giant, coming down on it with a powerful dropping slash meant to cave the behemoth's head into its body. The zombie, being stuck with its fists down, had no chances of dodging the attack.
Having landed a powerful blow on the giant's head, Hiru followed with a stab aimed right at its chest hole, trying to open it up completely from front to back.
After his stab had failed to pierce the zombie's thick hide, Hiru pulled the blade back and made a backwards swing aimed at its legs, trying to cut them off at the knees.
Finally, after tearing the zombie's legs off, Hiru made a batting motion with his blade's flat side aimed at his torso.

----

Taking advantage of the zombie's vulnerable position, Kamesori went for the finishing blow. In a lightning quick strike, he proceeded to slash off what was left of the hulk's head after hiru had caved it in with his surprise riposte.
Some people would have thought that this was just a way to get all the glory once the dirty work had been done by someone else, but that would be greatly misjudging Kamesori's character. To him, it was about pure efficiency. He did not appreciate the situation and wanted it over with as quickly as possible. The head flying off his opponent and splashing down to the ground was the best illustration of his style.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm
The brothers were not all to happy with the three zombies that had attacked them. The weaker brother watched the rear and the stronger focused on attacking. Kory removed the Aian Nakkuru from his back and launched a Taren at each of the three zombies. One after the next they all fell to the combined might of the brothers. When the zombies had fell Kory turned to the boy and said, "The last one is yours. Prove your worth kid."  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 pm
By the time Kory had said something to him, Karasu had his defense up. If he hadn't he would of been a goner. But still he acknowledged the older of the brothers with a nod. He was holding the naginata in front of him like he was going to hold the zombie off with the shaft. But then he thought letting it get that close is risking contact and that was when he lifted his leg to push the zombie away in the form of a kick to the chest. Bracing his hold on the naginata he would pivot on his heel and spin around to get extra force with the weight of the naginata. Bringing the blade right to the left hip of the zombie, more than likely severing him in two. "I should have picked a smaller weapon.." He grumbled. His choice in weapons was bad but he would still utilize what he had. It was better than taijutsu in this case.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm
Three more, time to split, literally. After they attacked Kory tossed Cord out of his body, the two stood back to back and brought out their Kumosteel Aian Nakkuru. Cord smiled, "I'll take the ugly one." Kory chuckled a bit and said, "Work from the outside to the inside, meet in the middle, your left, my right, GO!"
Kory launched at the closest zombie [#3] punching it in the head with his weapon fastened tightly to his fist, the spikes on the end of his fist, but the beast was still very much alive ... erm kind of. Nonetheless he moved to the middle one, knowing that the boy with the naginata could handle one of the two zombies.
Kory's other hand sank towards the the middle zombies head. "DIE AGAIN YOU FREAK!" He kicked it back and shouted at the kid, "Hey, hop in on one of these guys and take him down." He slipped between the two zombies and exposed them to the Naginata boy.
Cord followed his brother's instruction and proceeded to tear the other zombie to pieces. He punched the zombie on the left side of his face and then buried the blade of the Aian Nakkuru into the zombie's right eye. He then he brought his left fist and mirrored the technique, punching the zombie's right jawbone and buried the blade in his left eye before tearing the two apart and the zombies head with it.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 pm
His aim had been dead on. It caused the blood of the zombie to spray out like it was backed by pressure. Spray out? Wait, the infection! With that though Karasu leaped backward, sidestepping and weaving to avoid getting hit by the blood. Both bare skip and otherwise. "I did not think that one through.." He grumbled at almost potentially killing himself. As he stepped forward he was careful to not step on any bodily fluid or entrails. Knowing full well that there was capability becoming what he just decimated.  
Crew Test Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games