Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Dance, Dance, Dance.. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 am
...hula hoop, dance, yoga, stretching, dance, dance, poi. And tea.

This is my life right now.

Luckily at the last student showcase there were photographers and I ended up getting a buuunch of pics of me. Here are a few:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

There are more of these on FB, btw.

Upsides:

-Obviously, I am having a blast moving around, I really can connect with bellydance movements, and hey THE STUDIO IS PURPLE. Bonus, I had absolutely nothing to do with the interior design process. One of the owners of the studio is JUST AS OBSESSED WITH PURPLE AS ME.
-I'm making lots of new friends and learning so many things. It's fun to be in a group of people that get as excited by sequined hip scarves as I do.
-Full disclaimer: I am not doing this to loose weight. But it is still nice to fit into my old dresses and pants. I'm starting to get abs. They're still hiding under most of my belly, but the top ones are showing a bit. (I'm actually kind of afraid of what will happen if I loose too much weight. I won't jiggle as well, which means I won't shimmy as easily!)

Downsides:
-Getting all of these pretty things to dance with is expensive! The absolute cheapest I've seen a 25 yrd skirt go for (the ones we use in skirt dancing and ATS) is just over $50. Usually nice ones are closer to $100. And we usually wear more than one. Canes are $20, my new sword will be around $90. Coin belts are at least $20. Veils vary depending on how large they are and what material... And I want a collapsible hula hoop so that I can practice on my own, that's a pretty penny there too. That's all on top of the cost of classes! I basically have no money left after all of this.
-Free time? What free time?
-The After Class Hunger. I swear to you it is twice as bad as the munchies. If there is any sort of food in front of me once I get back from a class, it will be devoured. I have to try and make sure that there's healthy food available at this time, otherwise I'll go through a whole bag of oreos. I don't even like oreos.
-Something is always stiff and sore from the day before. Less than it used to be, but it's not painless yet.

So yeah, there's my last few months in a nutshell. How have you guys been?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 am

I'm sorry, I was distracted for a second. What did you say? redface  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:23 am
Reeves

I'm sorry, I was distracted for a second. What did you say? redface

This.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:36 am
xd

Just wait, someday I'll get hula hoop pics up too. whee  

Violaceous Vertigo

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:03 am
Faaaaantastic. I bet you're a damn good dancer.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 am
Oral Steering Wheel

I haven't been dancing for that long, so I don't know if I'm fantastic yet, but I know I'm getting better all the time. 3nodding

Practice Practice Practice!  

Violaceous Vertigo

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 am
Violaceous Vertigo
Oral Steering Wheel

I haven't been dancing for that long, so I don't know if I'm fantastic yet, but I know I'm getting better all the time. 3nodding

That you should. Practice is basically the core of everything anyone does. Go ever onwards, and dance!

... As I typed that out, all I could hear in my head was 'We are the Champions'. Should I be scared, or just awesome?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 am
Oral Steering Wheel
Violaceous Vertigo
Oral Steering Wheel

That you should. Practice is basically the core of everything anyone does. Go ever onwards, and dance!

... As I typed that out, all I could hear in my head was 'We are the Champions'. Should I be scared, or just awesome?

You should be scared that your mind is that awesome.  

Violaceous Vertigo

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:49 am
Violaceous Vertigo
You should be scared that your mind is that awesome.

Agreed. In that case, I will go cower in a corner and hum along to "Under Pressure" for a few minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 am
You look so pretty!

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 am
Theodra
You look so pretty!

4laugh

Thank you. 4laugh 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 am
It really does look like you're having a blast. I'm so glad you've found something that is both a passion and a hobby. Keep it up, girl!  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 am
Reeves
It really does look like you're having a blast. I'm so glad you've found something that is both a passion and a hobby. Keep it up, girl!

I really, really was. I can't even describe just how much fun I was having right then.

I love that last picture because I was just so happy to be dancing with all of the more experienced dancers. Sometimes you have to force a smile while performing, but right then I was pretty much grinning like a maniac.

After looking at the picture for a while I can even see all of the things I was doing wrong (the arm by my head isn't far back enough, the elbow isn't bent out enough, the hand is wonky, and the arm in front of me is way too far down. Just compare my arms to the arms of the one behind me, since she's my teacher) but I think this is still my favorite picture of me because I'm just having so much fun. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:14 am
Hey, like I said, it's all about learning and practicing. Maybe I should take up some form of dancing. Ballroom, perhaps?  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:23 pm
Reeves
Hey, like I said, it's all about learning and practicing. Maybe I should take up some form of dancing. Ballroom, perhaps?

When you find the style that works for you, it's addictive.

I have a friend who nearly convinced me to join the swing club society around here.
If I had any more time, I still would. I heard they were pretty sore for leads, since most of the members were ladies... cool  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff