Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
What is your opinion on masters and slaves? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  I don't like having someone else in control of my life.
  born to serve.
View Results

Nerdodactyl

Duck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm
I'm not talking about the dumbass cyber version that some people think is real, I'm talking about real life where you give up your life to a man and he is your master and you live to serve him. He owns you and makes decisions for you and he will use you when he pleases and how he pleases.

I personally actually like the master/slave owner/pet life and in real life I actually am a pet slave and am owned by a man who is somewhat older than me but my life is good. since I'm still in school I'm not a live-in slave but that will be changing soon enough.

if you are curious about this kind of life or why someone would want to live it like I do feel free to ask me any questions.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm
It has interested me but I'm still a minor and have never dated so I don't much about it. And my dad is the kind that says emotion_omnomnom "You will grow up, get a job, marry a man, have a normal life, have a few kids, retire and die,".
It annoys me. But, yeah, it sounds interesting. Can you explain a bit more though?  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

amys27

3,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:03 am
Nerdodactyl
I'm not talking about the dumbass cyber version that some people think is real, I'm talking about real life where you give up your life to a man and he is your master and you live to serve him. He owns you and makes decisions for you and he will use you when he pleases and how he pleases.

I personally actually like the master/slave owner/pet life and in real life I actually am a pet slave and am owned by a man who is somewhat older than me but my life is good. since I'm still in school I'm not a live-in slave but that will be changing soon enough.

if you are curious about this kind of life or why someone would want to live it like I do feel free to ask me any questions.

Where did you find your master?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:55 am
so long as nothing illegal happens i dont care what you do smile  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scarlet Weather Rose

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 am
Yeah, I would like to know why someone would want to be controlled or control someone. Seems kind of odd to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 am
Quote:
I'm not talking about the dumbass cyber version that some people think is real

You certainly make no secret of standing firmly in rather harsh judgement of other people's alternative, lifestyles, don't you? It certainly invites scrutiny of your own, wouldn't you say?
Quote:
I'm talking about real life where you give up your life to a man and he is your master and you live to serve him.

Also, you're representing it incorrectly. The male doesn't always have to be the dom. In fact a female acquaintance of mine was once practically collecting male subs for a while, so it does go both ways.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 am
Nerdodactyl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Either way, you're just roleplaying. A real slave would tell you to ******** off or switch places with them for a day. Although, if you're truly a masochist, I doubt you would complain much, no?

Consensual slavery is like a cobra without the venom. A belt. I take your relationship as seriously as the kiddos partaking of BDSM online, is what I'm trying to say.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, have you ever read The 120 Days of Sodom, OP? emotion_kirakira American Psycho made me a bit squeamish, but I'm expecting far more from Sade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 am
i may be a wolf, but no man is my master....unless he was really cute  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

KuroiStar

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:24 pm
I think it's not that bad. I am a switch(but mostly I am a dom), so I know what it feels like to be on both sides, but I do know that in order to have a happy sub lover, or slave, as you called them, you have to be nice to them. They have a life too, it's not just all about you. They are to be cherished. Well, over all I just want to say that it's not a bad thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 pm
I can say that being in a relationship like I have had in the past it was similar to a slave and master type situation. It was terrible and i was treated like s**t just used for sex and to make food but.... I loved every second of it because I loved the person I was with a person I love very much ( And still love)  

prince valkyrie-vanguard

Nerdodactyl

Duck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 pm
Okay so I see there are some mixed responses so I shall go through them all in order and clear things up.

@warrior princess
if you can't take pain, or don't like the idea of giving up every aspect of your life to one person then you might want to stay away since no matter how good you think you are you will get punished and disciplined since a master demands perfectiong and will train you by correcting your mistakes in ways that make you never want to make those mistakes again. I'm not really sure whatyou want me to explain more so if you could ask specific questions that would be great.

@amys
We originally met online (quiet peanut gallery) and don't live that far apart so I spend my weekends with him since I can't be a 24/7/365 live-in due to school but come next year I will be a live-in.

@Shanna
good stance on the topic! biggrin

@Scarlet
I dont' really know why someone might want to control but I personally know that I want to give up my life to my master because I know that he owns me and my purpose is to serve him and when I do serve my purpose it makes me feel happy. It's not really a choice one makes it's like sexual orientation in the fact you are born to want what you want.

@Matasoga
I'm not making a harsh judgement of anything I am simply saying that the master/slave acts some people have going on online that they may think are real are far from it and I'm sure if any of those 'slaves' were actually subjected to punishments like a humbler or even actually flogged they would probably cry and want to quit insted of understanding that they did something wrong and deserve the punishment they are reciving.
I also didn't say it can't go both ways Iit could possibly go anyway and I don't have any problem with the whole dominatrix thing I simply forgot to include it since it isn't a part of mylife. I appologize if I offened you for my mistake so don't act like such an a**.

@I don't really agree with you on the point that it is roleplay since it doesn't stay in the bedroom and it is every aspect of life, a real slave wouldn't demand to switch places since that isn't the slave's place. I can see we have different view points on some things and that's okay I wouldn't mind talking more indepth about our views on this. I am quite the masochist so I don't complain at all, when I get punished for something I understand that I deserve it and my master is simply trying to teach me a lesson. Your viewpoints of my relationship with my master are your own and I'm not a communist so I won't force you to see things my way I can just say that yes my being a slave is consensual but I also gave up all my rights to my master and even if I do say no to something it is still going to happen so not everything is consensual, I can try to be stuborn and argue but it will just end up badly for me.
Also I have never read The 120 Days of Sodom, OP perhaps I'll look it up sometime.

@DJ
You are not a wolf. Sure you can roleplay one but unless you were raised by wolves and live with them and can speak to them you are not a wolf.
You don't quack like a duck nor do you act like a duck therefore you are not a duck.

@Kuroi
I'm a very submissive person, I'm not saying I don't have a life or that my master doesn't care for me, he is nice to me and I only get punished when I fail to perform to his explectations or if I am disobedient. You also shouldn't slump a lover and a slave together they are far from the same thing, your lover is your equal, you slave is below you and lives to serve the master and may in return get affection from his master if behaviour is satisfactory.

@prince
that's a cute story.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:02 pm
I could be misunderstanding, but I believe Centipedes In Utero was talking about real slaves. You know, people who are actual slaves. People sold into prostitution, bonded labourers, those sent to forced-labour camps, etc.

I bet those people would just love to hear you tell them all about how real slaves should act. razz  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Raeiko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 am
well its not only a man as a owner sometimes it can be female but sometimes but I dont think I would like my entire life controlled I kind of had that growing up with my fam. so I wouldnt like it as much  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:36 pm
I hate it; the term slave has nasty history and I despise it greatly! It's your life; do what you please as long you don't bother/harm no one else!  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm
Scarlet Weather Rose
Yeah, I would like to know why someone would want to be controlled or control someone. Seems kind of odd to me.
For me it is less about being controlled and more about preforming service. I enjoy serving those I love, from snagging someone's coffee in the morning, or undoing someone's shoes after long day at work. I like the pat on the head and the "good girl" that comes with it.
Of course, I enjoy some kinky things too. wink I like to be tied up (its like an all around hug! No really, I like the feeling of being secured into one place) and I like to be spanked and slapped on certain parts of my body. It hurts, but a good hurt, if that makes sense. Though to point out, pain and bondage don't always have to come with M/s relationships. They can be completely sexless.

@OP: I think it is fine and dandy for those over the age of majority, and done in a Safe Sane and Consensual manner.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff