Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Shadows of the Last War [Preparing for Launch] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 am
As explored here, I'm planning on starting up a game, and I left it to the community to help narrow it down from some ideas I had running around in my head. So, here we are...

Shadows of the Last War

The great war ended only a handful of years ago. The Five Nations continue to find themselves adrift in the tides of history, trying to determine exactly what to make of this world now that the war has wrought so much destruction. Each is beset by enemies they couldn't even anticipate, let alone defeat. But most are just weary. Some are so tired of fighting that they do everything they can to avoid further conflict. And many people are just dispossessed, floating apart from the politics of the world, whether by intent or happenstance. Some have lost their homes, while others have forsaken god or country to get away from it all.

Your hero is one such person - a veteran of the Last War who has chosen to make a name for himself, free from the nation he once swore to fight for. Whether forged for war or a traveler from far away, you each wound up a part of the battle for many years, which gave you little in the way of skills to integrate into a post-war society. Instead, you took up exploration, adventure, buccaneering... perhaps even piracy. And, somehow, you've found yourself upon an airship known as the Skybold. How House Lyrander lost an airship, one is not sure, but it is known that there are agents who have designs on regaining it.

The skies and mysteries of Eberron await you, and, deep in the shadows beyond the horizon, machinations are in place that could very well bring everything you fought to accomplish during the Last War down upon your heads. Whether you choose to stand against them is your own business.

System
We'll be using the Pathfinder RPG.

Sources
The following sources are available to use:
The Pathfinder SRD, which includes just about everything. Including Dreamscarred Press's Psionic revision.
Tome of Battle
Eberron Campaign Setting
Races of Eberron
Secrets of Sarlona
Five Nations
Player's Guide to Eberron
Magic Item Compendium

Character Building
Stat Generation: You will be using 25 point stat buy.
ECL: As veterans of the Last War, you are higher level than most in Eberron - Your characters are ECL 5.
Starting Wealth: You have 10,500 gp to spend on gear.
Traits: You may take two traits from the Pathfinder SRD list.
Races: You may be any core race, a Warforged, Changeling (as Eberron, not the Pathfiner SRD, except with the human's +2 to any one ability score), Kalashtar (you gain a +2 to any one mental ability), Shifter (lose the -2 to INT), Goblin, Hobgoblin, or Orc. If you have any other race you dearly want to play, please contact me to discuss it.
Action Points: We'll be using Action Points, as per Eberron or the old d20 SRD.
Dragonmarks: The prerequisites for lesser dragonmarks are now a least dragon mark and Character level 5.

Approved PCs
1. jennibert's Sable d'Cannith
2. iLL iNTENT's Aden Agrona and Faolan
3. RafeRafel's Aggre Dion
4. InsaneKatKing475's Veliosia Tarathel
5. Keith Valken Lionheart's Alhean
6. SilverAnubis's Andrew Alexander Meclamesh

Please address any additional questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll be looking over PCs, and attempting to deal with mechanical issues and such. I don't want to start the game with wizards without spellbooks, as I've seen happen. I'll be taking the best entries only, not first-come-first-serve.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:18 am
Question, so the plus two for being human and the half races is gone or does it still stay there? and also, since its a pathfinder game, how will tome of battle classes be modified to suit pathfinder?  

SilverAnubis

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:46 am
SilverAnubis
Question, so the plus two for being human and the half races is gone or does it still stay there? and also, since its a pathfinder game, how will tome of battle classes be modified to suit pathfinder?

I don't see why the stat mods for any of the core races would be different. We're going to be using the Pathfinder rules, so the races from the core rule book are as writ.

As for the ToB classes, they're fine aside from standard skill consolidation (Balance = Acrobatics, Move Silent & Hide become Stealth, etc). I'd say that you should replace the Warblade and Swordsage's Concentration skill with the Autohypnosis skill and key Diamond Mind off of that skill instead. Otherwise, no real change.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:08 am
How will the marks be carried over? Eberron is my favorite setting, and I would love to play an accurate character.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 am
Vampfighter1
How will the marks be carried over? Eberron is my favorite setting, and I would love to play an accurate character.

The only issue with Dragonmarks in Pathfinder that I can think of is this: You don't get a feat at 6th level anymore, and so it's even harder to get the lesser mark. So this is going into the main post, but here it is: The prerequisite for the lesser mark is going to be 5th level in this game, rather than 6th.

How's that work for you?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 am
Mark of Shadow gives me a bonus to Gather Info, what skill should that be?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Arc Vembris rolled 4 8-sided dice: 2, 8, 3, 6 Total: 19 (4-32)

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm
hd

Irann Voleas Elf Bard/Ninja with Mark of Shadow

awesome backstory to come  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 pm
It's good. I'll start up quickly  

Vampfighter1
Crew

InsaneKatKing rolled 4 8-sided dice: 7, 8, 7, 3 Total: 25 (4-32)

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:54 pm
Rolling for health :3

Anyway, here is Veliosia Tarathel - Elf Death Mage.

Background and personality shall be forth coming, as well as minor changes depending on answers!!  
RafeRavel rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 9, 4 Total: 27 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:54 pm
Rolling for health, and history on the way! :3

Aggre Dion, Human Fighter  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:54 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Rolling for health :3

Anyway, here is Veliosia Tarathel - Elf Death Mage.

Background and personality shall be forth coming, as well as minor changes depending on answers!!

Have everything filled in, though, again, it is subject to change depending on answers!  
iLL iNTENT rolled 4 8-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 7 Total: 13 (4-32)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:37 pm
Still need to finish mundane equipment and character background, but that'll be up shortly. Rolling for health. Two ones. Ouch. sweatdrop

Aden Agrona, a Storm Marked Half-Elf Summoner  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 9, 5 Total: 26 (4-40)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 pm
Rolling for eidolon's health now

Adens Eidolon, Faolon  
Vampfighter1 rolled 5 8-sided dice: 6, 2, 2, 3, 2 Total: 15 (5-40)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:22 pm
Health Rolls. You guys have a rouge in coming.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 am
I give you, Vesper.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348867  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash