(AIM log between Keantha and I.)

Vincenzo paced the ruins with an anxiety he had rarely felt before. He knew in his heart that she was the one for him, but how could he ask her? Sure, they’d grown up together, but then they had separated….He couldn’t even say that he knew her now. Well, obviously he knew her well enough to wait to lay his claim, but to marry her?

“Maybe,” Vincenzo murmured. “…we can get married, and then learn about each other? That way she would still be close, and I-” He growled and shook his head. Why was this so hard?!

Had he turned his head at anytime, he would see a rather curious little white and blue male juve staring at him. Grey eyes watched him pace back and forth, tilting his head when Vincenzo stopped to mutter. Adults were always doing the strangest things.

“She wouldn’t go for that, I don’t think. Maybe I could-?” Vincenzo paused, his eyes catching hold of a little runt. He looked familiar, like he might have seen a parent or even a sibling to the juve a while back. “Can…Can I help you?” He didn’t know why the cub was looking at him like that, but it starting to freak him out.

"Your kinda weird," Ithzhak tilted his head back the other way. "Do you often just pace and talk to yourself?"

“Not usually. I’m just under a lot of stress right now.” Vicenzo ran a paw through his mane, passing over the iridescent spots on the bridge of his nose. “Besides, you’re weird yourself. Why were you watching me?”

"I am waiting for my mom to get done with her dancing." Zhak smiled as he hopped down to pad up to the older male. "Who is she?"

So he did know his mother! Or at least, what she looked like. “She’s an Artisan, like your mother, and I think she dances as well. Her name’s Priya.”

"Oh yeah, pretty lady with the spots? Yeah mom says she is good," Zhak washed a paw then looked back up at the older male. "Ya like her huh?"

The Priest settled himself down in front of the cub. “That’s her. We’ve known each other since we were about your age, then my dad came to take me away, and we were separated for a while. We met again shortly before we came here.” He chuckled. “She says she wasn’t looking for me, but I KNOW she was.”

"Well if she said she wasn't, maybe she wasn't." Zhak frowned getting a rather odd look on his face. "Things sometimes happen that seem by chance, but momma says they are the will of the Gods."

“Your mother’s right.” Vincenzo nodded. “The Gods have strange ways of giving us what we need, and regardless of how we came together, I’m extremely grateful that it happened at all.” He couldn’t imagine living here without her at his side, not after that miraculously meeting.

Zhak grinned at the older male<" Well ya got the same mushy look dad gets when he sees mom and he thinks no one is looking." He shrugged still not sure what his dad and this male saw in females. Yeah mom was cool but she was mom!

Vincenzo flushed. His pale fur darkened underneath the flood of blood rising up to his skin. “Do I really? That’s…wow.” He reached up to touch his face. He was blushing! Ha! A real blush! Who knew it was possible?! And all because he was talking about that sand shrew. “How close are your parents? Do they love each other very much?” He had to know. If his parents weren’t very close, the comparison wouldn’t hold much weight, but if they were inseparable…

Zhak wrinkled his nose making a face, "Yeck! Yes. They are always pawing at each other and kissing. It's gross!" Anyone only had to see Zana and her beloved Kimya once to know how very much in love the two were. "Momma said Dad saved her, but I don't know what she meant."

Jack pot! Inside his head, Vincenzo held his paw in a fist to the air as sweet tears of victory flowed from his eyes. “It’s a figurative thing, I’m sure. I think what she was trying to say is that she wouldn’t be the person she is now without your father by her side.” He really could kiss this boy. He wouldn’t, because that would be wrong and gross, but he could. All he needed to do now was to find Priya and claim her as his. “You know, one day, you might end up just like them.” He grinned.

Zhak got a utterly horrorfied look on his face, "NO! You take that back right now! Don't you dare curse me like that!"

Vincenzo just laughed. “I place a curse on you!” He stood, his face suddenly very serious. “One day may you find that one person that makes your world turn upside down, and makes you act the same way your parents do, ONLY WORSE.”

Zhak let our a horrorfied bellow and bolted "MOOOOOOM!!!" If he didn't get away fast that crazy old man might actually summon one of those girl things and their cooties.

“Woah! Kid, get back here!” Gods above! If he ran to his mom like that, Gods only knew what kind of stories the brat would tell on him. Vincenzo flew after the cub and jumped on top of him, pinning him down to the ground. “Shh! Look, I was joking, okay?! I swear!”

Zhak whimpered giving him a frightened look. He -never- wanted to love anyone the way his mom and dad loved each other. He had heard the story of their coming here, he saw the ache whenever they were apart for long periods of time. "I don't ever want to have my life so wrapped around anyone!"

“And you won’t have to! Trust me, it’s on a completely voluntary basis. You never even have to fall in love if you don’t want to.” That last part was a total and complete lie, but he wouldn’t have to act upon it if he didn’t want to. Vincenzo slowly stood up, stepping over the juve nimbly. “Just calm down, okay? I didn’t mean to frighten you.” He paused, and looked back towards the inner ruins. “How about I walk you to your mom?”

Zhak took a deep breath then nodded getting to his feet. The older male had scared him badly, so he was a little shakey at first, but perked up once the open courtyard was in sight. "Look! There is my mom!" He beamed looking to a graceful white and purple lioness.

Vincenzo had never been happier to see a lioness then he was at that moment. “It’s been nice talking to you, kid. Keep up with your studies, and be good for your mom, okay?” He smiled, flashing an enchanting grin towards his mother. Who cared if she was taken? At least she could spread word to her single friends that a new fish was in the sea.

And this fish was hoping to be caught. With a nod towards the lioness, he turned and walked away, ready to find his chosen fisherman.

(WC: 1207)