Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ 1 v 1 ] A request from a fellow hatchling [Kat/Ryan] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:16 am
Kat needed practice in the worst way. She had only used her weapons just the once in the Sahara mission. Granted, she did well, but she also considered half of that to be luck. She needed to spar with someone--a practice buddy. Knowing only a few hunter trainees so far, she decided to go with the person she had first spoken to. Ryan.

After witnessing the outcome of the mission they had been on, she figured that he too might be wishing to battle someone as well. Without a second thought, she texted the boy in hopes of a positive reply. She was itching to fight.

:I doubt one battle would solve anything.:

One battle, no. But I need to start somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:36 am
Ryan slapped his hand on the phone and dragged it across the table that was placed beside his bed.

The damn thing was starting to go off more than he cared for. It didn't help that just about every time did go off, it was news he didn't really want to see.

Still. It wasn't like he could just ignore it...

With a sigh he flipped the phone open, flopping back onto his bed as he opened the message. Which, to his surprise wasn't anything dealing with a mission. In fact, it was from a fellow trainee--Kat, if he remembered correctly.

:Looks like she wants a spar with you.:

I can see that.

:You gonna' go?:

Might as well. Don't really have anything else to do right now. He answered, before he texting a message back.

LividPeas
A spar? Sure. I'll be there in a few minutes.

This time he was accurate on the time he had given. He had been here a few times already. If he got lost now, that would just be pitiful.

"Hey--Kat is it?" He asked.

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:58 am
Sprawled on her bed, she kept her phone close by in case of an immediate reply. She should have probably waited until later to text the poor boy..it was, after all, pretty early in the morning. Then again, as hunters, they would need to be ready at all times--and besides--she was wide awake, with nothing else to do. A spar was definitely sounding like a good idea right now.

Sitting up when hearing the buzz of her cellphone go off, she reached for it and flipped it open. Sure enough, she had received a text from Ryan. "Sweet!" She grinned to herself. Looks like the spar is on! Hopping off of her bed, she located her boots quickly and slipped them on before running for the door and heading for their meeting place.

Once there, she took a seat nearby, a little too eager for him to show. She was a little giddy, and a little caffeinated; thanks to the lack of sleep and highly caffeinated drink from the cafeteria.

:Just be patient. My Jack, you have got to be the least patient fleshling ever.:

Ignoring him, her gaze shifted to the blond haired boy as he arrived. Gesturing a small wave, she made her way over towards him. "Hi! And yes, I'm Katherine Taylor. Kat is fine by me though--preferred actually. Your Ryan? I'm sorry, I don't recall your last name."

OnionGrump rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:42 pm
"Ah it's O'Conner. Ryan O'Conner." He confirmed extending his hand out towards her. "Nice to meet you---officially." He added the last part and grinned.

"So a spar is it then?" He asked, summoning the two gauntlets in a bright flash of red light. "Should we get this started then?"

Taking a stance, he waited for a reply from her; ready and waiting to strike when necessary. Though he was cautious. This girl had unleashed a powerful attack on that monster during the mission last time... He didn't want to be on the receiving end of that.

:Her weapons are dual handguns. Keep on your toes if you don't want to get shot!: Locke chirped, a little too happily for comfort.

Thanks for the support...

Rolling for initiative!

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

LividPeas rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 am
"Okay, O'Conner." Grinning, she gripped his hand in a handshake, releasing it soon after. "You as well." Enough pleasantries! Lets fight already! Were the words she wanted to say, but then thought better of it. As Xedis had said, she was too impatient, and the last thing she needed was to annoy poor Ryan when he just got here.

"Yes indeed~" She answered. "Yes. Lets." Prowling around the area, she kept a Cheshire like grin on her face.

Rolling for Initiative  
LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 am
Her hands rose to the star drop earrings that hung from her ears, brushing her fingers lightly against them. Okay Xedis..lets have a little target practice. What was better practice--then shooting at a live target. Unfortunately for Ryan, he was the target.

:Keep your eye on the target.:

Yes'sir. I'll be sure to do that.

Summoning the weapons, she waited as they materialized in her hands, aiming them directly for Ryan's face. Firing the guns instantly, she watched as the blow skimmed his cheek. "Start Running, O'Conner."

User Image
HP: 40/40
TARGET: Ryan
DAMAGE: 1
CHARGE ATTACK: ---

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

OnionGrump rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:31 am
The moment her guns appeared, his gauntlets appeared a second after. Next time he'd be sure to ask for a little warning, then again, in a real battle he wasn't likely to get a warning at all. So perhaps this was for the best.

He felt the attack graze his cheek, stunned at both how fast she had moved and that she had aimed for his head.

"Hey hey! Aiming for my head--you trying to kill me!?" He backed up a step, wide eyed. He had no problem taking a shot or two---okay maybe he did, but getting shot in the head... he was sure that wouldn't end so well. "Okay, rule number one--no head shots!" He warned, as he moved forward and delivered a strong punch to her arm.

User Image

HP: 39/40
Target: Kat
Damage: 5
Charge Attack: Ruby Light - When charged, Ryan is able to heal an ally, by releasing long lengths of bandages from his gauntlets.

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:22 am
Kat snickered at his reaction, continuing her prowl. "Aw, I don't think it would kill you..might knock you out or something, but I doubt that it would kill you. These aren't actual bullets after all." Shrugging, she would follow his wishes, and be sure keep from aiming at his head. It was a fair rule, so she had no complaints. "Okay okay.."

Before she realized it, he was already across the field, and striking a quick and heavy punch to arm. Tightening her grip on her gun, as to not drop the damned thing, she quickly drew the other one up in time to shoot Ryan in the shoulder.

User Image
HP: 35/40
DAMAGE: 4

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

OnionGrump rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 am
"If they can kill shadowlings, they can probably kill people too..." He just didn't want to be the one to find out if this was true or not, so he was thankful when she agreed to the rule.

Keeping his distance, he moved to dodge, but failed to do so when Kat shot a few more rounds. One of which he felt hit his shoulder. It hurt, but at the moment, he was just thankful that these were not real bullets, like she had said, and that the shot hadn't gone clean through.

:Strike back, don't give space! She fights with a long range weapon, I'm close range! You'll be at a disadvantage if you give her too much space!:

Locke was right, he had almost forgotten that little bit of knowledge. It was enough to make him move forward. This time choosing to slide across the ground, like one would to home base, only his target was her legs.

User Image

HP: 35/40
Damage: 4
Charge Attack: Ruby Light - When charged, Ryan is able to heal an ally, by releasing long lengths of bandages from his gauntlets.

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm
"Yeah, maybe after a few shots it would. I doubt you'd die from one shot. But whatever, I won't shoot at your head again. You have my word." Mock bowing to the boy, she continued to move further back, keeping a large amount of distance between them.

Drawing her weapons again, she moved to shoot him, but was interrupted when when he came sliding at her with a kick. As soon as his foot connected with her shin, she winced, but managed to stomp down hard on his ankle before retreating back further.

User Image
HP: 31/40
DAMAGE: 2

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

OnionGrump rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 pm
Ryan resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the girl. Sometimes he wondered if Kat really thought about these things, or if it went in one ear and out the other. Though the fact that she promised not to aim for his head anymore set his mind at ease. As crazy as she tended to be, he was sure he could trust her words.

Before he could get up and move out of the way, her foot connected with his ankle, causing him to hiss in pain. He'd be lucky if that hit didn't sprain, though he was sure it would be swollen after that. At least it was better than being shot and on the bright side, his target had come to him.

Rather than pull his foot free from under hers, he struck the very leg that pinned it there, sinking all the pointed claws into her flesh.

User Image

HP: 33/40

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm
Grinding her foot down, she let out a cry when he sunk the claws of his gauntlet into her leg. Without thinking Kat kicked at his arm, foot connecting with his elbow. As soon as his grip loosened, she yanked her leg free and moved back some. "Ow..kitty has claws.."

Taking a moment to examine her leg, she winced, feeling a bit of the skin tear when putting her whole weight on her foot. She would be limping for a few days most likely.

User Image
HP: 27/40
DAMAGE: 2

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

OnionGrump rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am
"Ow shi--" He immediately removed his grip on her and instead swiped her leg with his free arm to force her foot off of him. Once he was he managed to free himself, he put his other hand over his elbow to examine the damage done.

It hurt... but after a kick like that, it was guaranteed to...

"Why does everyone keep coming out with that kitty comment...?" He asked, scrambling to his feet and hobbling back away from the other trainee, before she could do anymore damage. Though at this point, he wasn't sure what was worse. The bullets, or her damn physical attacks...

User Image

HP: 31/40

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 pm
Bloody hell! Those claws cut like razors! Too damn sharp for her liking!

Placing a hand over her newest wounds from the medic hunter, Kat gave a wry grin as he spoke. "Because--you just seem very cat like with those weapons of yours." I mean--come on! He was swiping at her like an agitated cat! It was almost adorable really.

Watching as he moved back, she only found this to be a good opportunity. She didn't need to be all up in his face to attack him, after all. Pointing her weapons at him again, she fired another round into his left knee.

User Image
HP: 23/40
DAMAGE: 5

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

OnionGrump rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 5 Total: 12 (2-16)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 pm
Ryan examined the claws when she explained it to him. He had never really thought about it before, but now he couldn't see the gauntlets, or his attacks any other way...

"Great... remind me to start throwing more punches..."

He felt the shot hit his knee, almost forcing him to kneel, before he braced himself. Now that he had put distance between the two of them, it seemed that Kat had decided to use her gun again. He on the other hand, would have to get in closer again, if he wanted to land another hit.

"Are you purposely aiming for my joints...?" He asked, kicking at the back of her legs. It was a smart move really, her aiming for those particular spot. It was easier to win a fight when your opponent was disabled. He only wished that he damage would magically disappear afterwards.

User Image

HP: 26/40
Damage: 6

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff