Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] There's Joy in Every Bite~ [Ariane + Otto]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm
Otto was in a sour mood. He always was. It was like something perpetually kept him nasty, immature and insensitive.

The short blond stomped around the facility, looking for something to do. He wasn't in the mood to battle, and he was a little thirsty, so he made his way into the cafeteria for a visit to a vending machine. On his way in, he stopped, stared at a trash can for a good long minute. He stared, eyes getting more narrow the more he did. As if lost in a sour thought.

Finally, he gritted his teeth, and kicked the can onto it's side, before stomping over to a machine.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:00 pm
Ariane was wandering about, trying to look for someone to interview; Caelius had given her a clipboard and pen, but she wasn't about to carry it around with her - not when it would make her look really suspicious and maybe just a bit intimidating... She liked being able to approach people without scaring them off, please.

She noticed the man the moment he kicked over the can; she also noticed the way he was heading for the vending machine, and quickly made her way there as well, trying to beat him to it. She quickly inserted some coins - hunter pay was frankly s**t - in once she was there, humming to herself as she stared at the drinks available to her.

"Can I get you anything?" She raised an eyebrow when he was near, her lips splitting into a grin, "You seem to be in a real foul mood."

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 pm
Otto's eyes widened in rage as some chick butt in front of him for the machine. "Hey, What the f---" He cut himself off as she turned around to address him.

Well.. since she was offering, this meant he didn't have to spend his own money. "Sure, whatever." He muttered, furrowing his brows at her. He commented sarcastically with a sneer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 pm
"One can of rainbow and sunshine coming right up," She bought two of the same thing - a soft drink - before grabbing them from the dispenser and walking over to the nearest table. Both cans were opened, and one had a few crumbs of JOY cookies sprinkled into it; he probably would never be able to tell, "On the house, since it seems like we're from the same faction~"

She took a sip from her own can and then slid the spiked drink across the table, inviting him to take a seat, "Name's Ariane, by the way. Want to tell me what got you so upset?"

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 am
Otto raised a brow. She.. wasn't put off by his attitude? He was suspicious. Very suspicious.

He followed after her cautiously not noticing the slipping of some strange crumbs into his drink. He sat across from the girl, staring dagger at her, silently pulling his drink closer.

"...Otto." He introduced himself as well. "No." He replied in icy distaste, taking a swig from his drink.

And suddenly, the cold drink made him feel warm inside. Otto set his drink down, staring at it quizzically for a while. What was this strange and foreign feeling swelling inside?

Outwardly, he almost seemed worried.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am
"... You look off," She sounded worried as she looked at the hunter trainee, an eye brow raised, although she was internally laughing; the JOY sound take effect soon, with any luck, "You okay? Otto, right? Interesting name..." She took another sip from her own can, filing his name into her memory.

"You must be new," She begun conversationally, rolling the can to and fro between her palms, "Too bad, if you told me maybe I could help. You know, the gym is a great place to vent some frustration. Or the sparring field~ Have you gotten your weapon yet?"

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 am
Otto looked up from his drink, icy eyes filled with confusion, before returning to his drink. He blinked, squinted, and squeezed them shut a couple times, as if trying to fight something off. This weird feeling kept getting stronger. Every inch of his being was fighting it like an alien intruder.

The aliens were winning.

"Uh.. yeah.." He answered in bewilderment. His cheeks flushed, but not from anger. He felt.. hap..py? That was what this was called, right?
"Oh.. yeah, I been to the trainin' field some. Beat people up. Felt good." Otto rubbed his head, looking at his drink hesitantly. Maybe another sip would clear up this fuzzy feeling?

He took another sip.

"Yeah! I did." Otto....smiled. "Her name's Tenya. She's a giant boomerang, 'bout as big as I am tall." He nodded, cupping his hands over the drink. Boy.. he felt good! So good! This feeling was wonderful!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:48 am

'You sound happy.'

"Felt good to beat people up? Ohh, I like that in a man," She laughed, her lips splitting into a grin; finally, some potential in the people of her faction! She was starting to think that all the men were like the men in her little group - cute, but generally flail way too much, "Tenya? Ohh, I see... Never seen a weapon like yours before."

She took a nice, long drink from her can, tapping a finger against the metal, "Speaking of which, did you ever tap into your weapon's charged attack?" Her grin widened, "If not, would you like to?" Caelius did say to find out as much as possible, after all!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:16 pm
"Ha ha! yeah?" So, beating people up was a turn on? Sweetness! "Well, I done a lotta fightin' since I got here, ya know?" He said with a sly grin, leaning back with his drink.

"No, huh? Ain't anyone else got a big weapon round 'ere?" He was mildly curious to know if he was the only one with an over sized weapon. If so? Awesome. That meant he was amazing, right?

"Huh? Charged attack?" Otto hadn't really explored anything beyond club with boomerang or throw boomerang. "Sounds like fun." He said with a grin.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:16 pm
"Oh? Well, fighting is kind of part of the job requirements," She grinned, stroking her chin thoughtfully before shaking her head, "Not that I know of - most of the weapons I've seen are things like swords and guns. You're the first with a boomerang for a weapon." She would like to see that for herself; now to wait for an opportunity where she could see his charged attack-

Ah, there it is.

"Well, when your weapon absorbs enough fear, you can use a charged attack. It's like a normal attack, but much stronger," She explained, her grin growing as she hummed thoughtfully, "How about a friendly spar? You can show me your weapon, I can show you mine, and we can both learn a thing or two from each other... Maybe even used a charged attack. My weapon's been a little fear starved since our last mission~"

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 pm
Some of this mumbo jumbo was over Otto's head. One thing he got out of what Ariane said was the offer of a battle. He grinned wider, then chugged down the remainder of his drink. "You're on----" That was a lot of joy drink in one go. Otto had a sudden head rush, and his forehead met the table with a sudden bang. Too much Joy at once!

What is this feeling?

Deep inside of me?

Girl you just don't realize..

What you did to me.

Otto sat up again. He was grinning like a fiend. "Alright! You. Me. Trainin' field." He shot up from his seat and booked it for the field.

He shoved someone to the ground on his way out.

They.. weren't even in the way... he simply went out of his own way to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 pm

'Magic.'

She grinned, staring at where Otto had hit his head on the table; it was rather interesting, the things that a few crumbs of JOY cookies could do to a person... Or was Otto special? He seemed pretty upset at the start, after all, so maybe it only had this effect on unhappy people? She couldn't help but wish to test more, on more subjects.

"Alright, it's a date," She laughed, watching him stand up and walk away; this should be fun!

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 pm
A couple unfortunate trainees went running past Ariane on her way to follow Otto. They either were in tears nursing a punch of kick to some appendage or another, or muttering something about a crazy teenager on the loose...

He stood in the center of the training field, boomerang summoned, grinning like a sadistic fiend. He was ready for action!

Otto was waiting.

Waiting...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm
Ariane hummed as she walked, ignoring the people who moved past her; once you had been here for long enough, most things don't seem all that surprising anymore... Giant flaming horses, talking furries, sadistic superiors... All part of the job, really.

"Nice weapon," She commented idly; he really wasn't joking about it being really big.

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 pm
"Yeah, it's pretty damn nice, ain't it? Pretty damn AWESOME if I do say so myself!" Otto rambled, swinging the large weapon over his head a moment before letting it drop at his side again with a hard thud. Otto loved his weapon. From the moment he received her, he knew it was meant for him. He'd never felt more complete than he did with Tenya. Sure, she was sometimes talkative, nagging or generally a nuisance when she was awake, but most of the time she seemed to be sleeping.

He kind of preferred it when she did. Weapon? Awesome. Personality of the weapon? Less awesome. Still, they had the same wavelength when it came to fighting; lay the smack down, that was true happiness.

"Come one come on! Let's gooooo!" He whined, huffing and stomping his foot.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games