Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Be My Friend? (Shabnam and Baridi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 pm
User Image

Shabnam was at a loss as to what to do at the moment. It was the middle of autumn and not her clans turn to do celebrations. The Giving of Thanks was coming up and then she would have a lot to keep her busy making sure that no one is cheating. She knew that she could relax since it wasn't the Kaskazi that were holding it. But she didn't feel entirely comfortable doing nothing while partaking of the good will of the Vuli clan.

At the moment she stood looking out beyond their lands. Her home was now here and she would have to get used to that. Shabnam knew no one in the pride even though everyone seemed nice and accepting. She was just used to being on her own. Still, the Sikukuu seemed the perfect pride for her to settle down in. They always seemed to have something going on which was good for her. She liked to do things and had little patience for doing nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:02 pm
User Image

Baridi was sauntering along, savoring the subtle promise of biting cold in the wind. It wasn't truly cold yet, no, not even close. But it was coming! She could smell it in the evening breeze, feel it in the morning's dew. In no rush, she enjoyed the anticipation, her coat already turning shaggy in patches. It gave her a bit of a rakish look, but she didn't mind. The outer shell was not what defined a person, but what lived on the inside, after all, and she had no concern for those who felt differently. If they did not like her, they did not have to spend time with her.

A bright patch of colors, out of sync with the fall foliage, caught her eye. Intrigued, drawn to the interesting bit of color, she strolled towards what turned out to be another hyena. Her smile turned into a grin, but she waited until she was nearly next to the other canine before saying anything. "Hey there, sister," she drawled, her manner relaxed and easy-going. It was a strange thing indeed to see Baridi riled up at anything or anyone. Relaxation was something she did by natural habit. "Totally awesome day for a bit of a stroll, wouldn't you say?" The look she flashed sideways at the other female was full of lazy mischief. "Good for hanging out," she added idly, certain she hadn't seen this hyena before, but unable to say if this was a guest or a pride member.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:31 pm
Shabnam turned as she heard a noise. A very blue hyena was approaching her. It had to be one of her pride members. She'd have to get used to that, being approached by strangers. They were a pride and she didn't have to be afraid of them. The way this hyena spoke was so very different to what she was used to hearing. A stroll did sound nice, anything but doing nothing. Hanging out did not sound good to her though. Hanging out sounded an awful lot like doing nothing. She looked up at the sky, "Yes, a good day for a stroll." Her tone was friendly but distant. She did not know this hyena and just assumed she was part of her pride.

Shabnam really needed to socialize more so she knew who her newly found pride members were. What good would she be as a bouncer if she didn't even know who was here to stay and who was just a guest? She did her best to smile at the other hyena though it was an awkward one. "I'm Shabnam of the Kaskazi clan." Being straight forward seemed like the best way to go about finding out if the other hyena was part of the Sikukuu.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm
Lilbabe808

A stroll didn't sound too bad, a nice slow amble through the fading trees. She smiled more at the other female as she introduced herself. "Far out! I'm Baridi, with the Mrao clan." Her ears canted to either side in an extremely relaxed manner. "Yanno, I dig the chill." In many ways, truthfully. She tended to be uncomfortable in the warmer weather, since it made her more languid than relaxed. But right now it was the time of Vuli, and her delight was shown in an increase in activity.

"So, I am thinking you are new here," she drawled, sprawling out on her side next to the colorful hyena. "Perhaps you are... of the Crier sort?" She hazarded a guess, based on how coiled up the other female was. As if she wanted to move rather than stand still. It was a safe guess, but only a guess. One never knew how any one individual would choose to celebrate, after all. "Your first season with the Sikukuu?" she added, making a concerted effort to get to know the newcomer.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Lilbabe808

Friendly Grabber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:26 am
Talencia

Shabnam nodded. That was good to know that this hyena was part of the Sikukuu. Baridi, she was definitely a strange one. The way she spoke threw her off a bit. Some of it, she couldn't even understand. What did 'dig the chill' even mean? Perhaps it was best to not respond to that little bit. "Baridi, nice to meet you."

The blue hyena got it right. It was her first season with them. She nodded briefly. "It is my first season, but I'm not a Crier." It made her wonder how Baridi guessed that. Did she seem like a crier? As it were, her muscles were tight and she really did feel like moving right now. Slowly, she started to move her paws for that stroll. "I'm a bouncer." Though she wasn't as big height wise as a normal hyena, she was more muscular, built for fighting, killing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 am
Lilbabe808

Obligingly, Baridi rose to her paws again and dawdled along with her new friend. "Far out! A Bouncer of the Kaskazi." Her tongue lolled in a cheerful smile. "I promise to not be one you have to 'bounce', dude." Which was the truth. Baridi was not at all the rowdy sort, nor did she break the rules. She loved her home, and respected its rules faithfully. Breaking those rules just meant making the pride an unpleasant place. Rules were there for a reason. She, however, was glad she did not have to enforce them. "I'm just a Celebrant, but hey, it's hip to be square!" She jovially bumped her shoulder against the other hyena's shoulder, giving her an encouraging bob of her head.

"We don't get much to bounce, really," she added thoughtfully. "Usually it's a guest who doesn't dig the rules, or hasn't been educated yet." She flashed her teeth in another grin. "That'll be your job, educating the killjoys." It occured to Baridi she most especially wouldn't be rowdy when Shabnam was guarding the celebrations, as it was so warm then. Generally it was too hot for the cool-colored hyena to do much more than meander through and nibble treats. Games in the summer heat were just too challenging for her.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces