Submit

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:27 am
User ImageBad weather always meant to take shelter. It was odd when the little messengers had told him Queen Tariel had offered the temple in the lake as a place for him to take shelter. After his recent.. mishap with the court and the queen herself, it was.. Entirely unexpected.

The water sprite frowned, attempting not to get blown away in the heavy winds. He really did need to get out of the weather, and fast. It was getting worse quickly. Seems he didn't have much of a choice either way.. Though the thought of being trapped in the water temple with her wasn't entirely unpleasant to him. He grinned as he made his way to the lake.

It took a while, a lot of fighting with the winds and rains. Even more fighting with the currents the storm was causing. He made it, finally grateful for the protection from the weather outdoors. Ocie couldn't help but wonder where she was floating, waiting for the naiads she was worried about to return to safety.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:00 pm
User ImageThe Naiad Queen had been in terrible spirits lately, and not because of recent drama at Court. The Water has been restless and agitated lately, and she couldn't figure out why. And when news arrived of a terrible storm encroaching, she worried the Waters were angry about something, and taking out retribution for some unknown transgression the Naiad may have committed.

She knew the Water wasn't the only element at unrest. It was working with the Air to bring justice upon the island. She didn't know what it meant, and her tutor was just as flummoxed. Word had been sent to the Earthmother, to inquire about the state of Earth, but no word had been received in return. This too worried the queen regarding matters of state and rumors of war among the elements.

Tariel had not heard back from her Commander since he began training his draftees, so she had hoped things were working out. She hoped they were still alive, at the very least. No, she knew they would be, but tension was sure to be high.

Today, the Queen wandered the halls of Alu Spring alone. She was in a contemplative mood, trying to find reasons why the Waters would fight against the island, and ally with the Air. Perhaps the Air was seeking vengeance and Water simply decided to aide? She didn't know. She paid little attention to where her fins were taking her as she ascended ramps and weaved in and out of hallways and palace rooms.

She hoped all of the Naiads of the island had listened to her warning about taking shelter. Last thing she needed was guilt over losing one of her subjects.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:08 pm
It seemed, he had gotten himself lost inside the corridors of her gorgeous temple. Ocie sighed, running a hand through his hair. This was going to be an interesting storm if he was to be trapped down there without a way to get back to the surface for fresh air..

His thoughts however, were interrupted as he spotted a pale blue head of hair disappear around a corner. Interested, Ocie followed for a moment, chasing the locks as they swam away from him. He was almost certain it was Queen Tariel, even more so when he finally spotted the golden crown atop her head. How amusing, think of her and she shall appear.

"Queen Tariel~" Ocie called in a friendly voice, as if he was seeing an old friend, or even a lover if he was going to be so stupid as to think something like that. "You seem worried." He offered, trying to change his train of thought. She'd made it clear he offended her too much for that to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:20 pm
Tariel was startled when she heard her name. Not because of the voice that spoke it, but because she was so deep in her own mind that when she was snapped back to the waters it was a small shock. She blinked and looked around, wondering how she'd gotten to this part of the palace.

She narrowed her eyes as she tried to remember the encounter in which she met this young Naiad-halfling. Ah yes, when she'd embarrassed herself in Court. She pulled herself to regal posture and positioned herself more appropriately, having remembered that this male was still under suspicion for what he knew, and she was unarmed if he turned out to be an enemy. Though she did not believe he was.

"Ocie, right?" She gave a slight nod of her head towards him in acknowledgement. "I am glad to see you heed the alert and take shelter here." She mentally noted that Turin was not around today so she'd be on her own. Then she mentally chastised herself because she knew full well she could handle things on her own.

"I am merely concerned about this storm, that's all." She said to him.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm
"I was surprised that you invited me to take shelter here." He smiled, wondering if she was on the defensive with him.

"Is it the storm you're worried about or your naiads? Or are you afraid that this little halfling that can't weild a weapon to safe his life is going to turn against you?" He asked, still smiling. "You can lock me up if you'd be more comfortable." The male mused, offering his wrists to her.

"This storm will pass.. It would not be here without reason, I'm sure." As if his joking mood was gone. "Hopefully no one will be lost in it though.." Ocie frowned a bit, not really meaning it. He could name at least one naiad he thought the island was better without.. Though he'd never admit it to Tariel, not in a million years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm
Tariel took a moment to flush her mind. She thought of the vast wide Sea and all the little fishes, peaceful and calm. She had forgotten this male had an ability similar to Aeroniel's. She had to be careful what she allowed to enter her mind while he was around.

"Don't be mistaken. I did not invite you personally, I simply sent out an alert to all Naiads. If you received it, it merely means you are of Naiad blood." she quirked. She thought about his words carefully. She had never called him a halfling, and he claimed he didn't know what he was previously. Did he lie to her before?

She dared not think, nor speak of her real troubles while Ocie was in the palace, so she could not answer him with complete truthfulness. "I am worried about my Naiads, because of the storm. Ocie, swim with me." she started towards him, floating by hoping he'd join her. She had questions for this male, because every time he spoke, he spoke of things even she could not know.

"How old are you, Ocie?" The Queen kept herself poised and positioned how a queen should, always on the defensive, because as a queen, she had to be, no matter who she was in the presence of.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:04 pm
He shrugged, not having expected such a thought from her. No one would have thought to keep him safe unless they wanted more answers that he didn't have. "I didn't think you cared much about me." Ocie mused, watching her float a bit away.

She did want him to go with her? An eyebrow quirked as he swam to follow her. "I'm roughly four seasons old." He replied, folding his arms behind his back as they swam. "At least that's what my mother informed me of. I could be older, but I think that's fairly accurate." Then again, he was never good at judging age. For all he knew, she could have been younger than he was. "Does my age matter?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:16 pm
Tariel chose to not address his first comment simply because it was not in her nature to coddle or cosset those she's only met and still remains suspicious of.

"Mhm, Ocie, you are so young, but so worldly. How do you know the storm will pass, if this is the first one to hit the island in your lifetime?" She looked sideways at him while keeping her head straight-on. She tried to read his body language and see if she could pick up anything from him. This was one of those times where she wished she'd received Turin or Aeroniel's gifts. She could use her own, but that would also involve her removing his free will, which was not something she could ever do with a clear conscience.

"You mentioned the storm was not here without reason as well. Do have an idea of that reason?" She was curious about this most of all, because his tone shifted dramatically when he said it, then added the bit about hoping no one was lost. Tariel suspected Ocie may know more about this storm, because of his suspicious behavior.

She stopped in front of a large archway and swept her arm towards the entrance. "Hungry? Because I am." Uncharacteristically, she motioned to allow him to enter the palace kitchen ahead of her.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:27 pm
"The island would not exist if storms never passed. Eventually it would be worn to nothingness and no one would be able to live on it." He shrugged, seeming utterly relaxed. Unlike the court, he wasn't being threatened here. And she knew he couldn't live under the lake forever, she would always have that over his head if she needed it.

"I've got no idea the reason Queen Tariel, just a belief that I was brought up with. Mother may not visit you or your court at all but she believed the elements exist. She taught me the same when I was growing." He frowned. "They wouldn't do something without reason would they?" It was an honest question, he didn't know much about the elements or the guardians. It was all overwhelming when he started to think about it.

He blinked, noticing where they were. The queen was hungry? Ocie smiled, "Ladies first, thank you for the thought however." The water sprite smiled. He would never enter before a lady much less the queen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:52 pm
Tariel bowed her head and entered the kitchen. The staff was working feverishly butchering the day's catch and preparing for Supper in the palace. Looking behind to make sure he was following, she meandered towards a very long marble countertop that rested on a bed of coral. Several trays were set out with finger foods and snacks for those naiads who drifted in from working in the lake. And for the kitchen staff to snack on while preparing the day's feast.

The staff mostly ignored Tariel and Ocie's presence except to bow to her when she drew near, before they continued on with their duties. Tariel picked up a small prepared prawn and indulged herself. She smiled when she was finished and looked to Ocie. "It's delicious, help yourself."

She had been keeping Ocie's words in her mind as she wondered if her perception of him was all wrong. Maybe he really was clueless, and just guessing or filling in blanks with his own beliefs. He started to seem so naively innocent because he knew very little of the island itself, and how the elements worked. This poor, misguided soul.

On the other hand, he could be fishing for information for the enemy. Either way, he needed to be educated.

"The Water Spirits are not a belief. They are real. And the Waters are troubled. That is the reason the storm is coming. But whether or not it will pass, I do not know. This is not just a weather anomaly heading towards our island, Ocie. All the warnings and alerts would not have gone out otherwise, because Pae'il survived the Monsoon from two years ago just fine. The Waters had nothing to do with that, either. I am worried about this island." She explained to him.

She plucked a small orange flower-like item from another tray and popped in her mouth. She briefly closed her eyes and let the small moan of tasting a delicacy escape. She clearly enjoyed this food.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:04 pm
He followed behind her as she drifted through the kitchen. He wondered for a few moments if he should be treating her as respectfully.. No matter, she'd distracted him with the offer to try the snacks. "Thank you." The sprite smiled, selecting a smaller prawn. New food, he was afraid of it being entirely un-agreeable with his system.

The taste was interesting. He quite liked it, better than anything he'd managed to scrounge up on the island. That's when she started speaking of the water spirits. His eyes grew a bit wide with the offer of new knowledge.

"That's..." He paused a moment to choose the right words, "Amazing to hear about the elements being real. Troubling to hear they aren't happy at the moment though." Ocie frowned a bit only to smirk as she chose something else.

The look of pleasure on her face, he couldn't erase it from his mind. He doubted that would ever happen. "Is that your favorite?" He asked, still smiling as he offered her a piece that looked equally delicious as the first.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:21 pm
Tariel moved backwards when his hand with a small piece of food came towards her face. She shook her head and politely declined his offer. She was a little taken back by that action, unaware that her own may have incited it. To her, she simply enjoyed food. "Not my favorite, but delicious nonetheless." she told him. "Try it. It's anemone."

Inwardly, she was chuckling. She remembered how forward he was in Court before everything turned to chaos and crazy. She shouldn't have been surprised, but she was, that he'd interpret her action as an invitation.

"I believe the Water is helping the Air." She told him, seeing if he would offer his thoughts or have foresight to this news. She was fishing to see if he might know more about this, too. She had a feeling he wouldn't, but it was something worth testing.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:38 pm
Anemone? He blinked, looking at the strange thing. "Interesting.." He tilted his head, looking at the strange food before popping it into his mouth. Okay, not for him. The prawn was yummy though. Ocie tried to keep the distaste from the food she seemed to enjoy so much from showing on his face.

"If the water is helping the air, then it stands to reason the other elements are considering helping water and air as well.." He frowned, just guessing really. "What other elements are there? Earth and fire?" Once more, it was a guessing tone. He didn't really know all of them. Leitha had only told him there was water. Tariel had just confirmed the existence of air.. "I don't think any fire could make it in this weather, the only other thing I can think would happen would be the lands tearing apart.."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm
She couldn't suppress the laugh as he tried to hide that he didn't like the anemone. She knew it was an acquired taste. "Try the uni." She pointed to the little mounds of yellow sea urchin eggs that were sitting on seaweed on the shell on the countertop. "We don't often have those, because not many hunters care to go collect them anymore."

She nodded as he spoke. He used generalities and words to indicate he wasn't sure. Tariel was starting to believe he was simply one of those Naiads that liked to appear smart, so they just talk, whether right or wrong. Lucky for Ocie, he'd guessed right on many things which is why she'd been suspicious.

"Fire has been dormant for centuries. There is concern Fire has left us for good, which would be a pity. Earth has been complacent during this storm, but that is not to say it won't join when Air arrives." She debated mentioning Void, because even she didn't know much about the Void Spirits and their activity had been questionable as of late as well. Something was going on with Void, but it wasn't malevolent like the Air Spirit seemed to be with this storm.

She couldn't resist the uni anymore so she had to indulge herself, mindful of her reaction this time. Mindful, but hardly able to contain it. She simply loved these delicacies.

"So Ocie, you called yourself a half-breed, and you've mentioned your mother is a Naiad. What is your father?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:08 pm
He frowned as he realized she was laughing at him. It must have been clear he didn't care for that taste. "Uni?" Ocie's head tilted as he looked at it. Well they looked harmless enough. "Tastes better than the last one right?" He asked, not wanting another shock at the local food. Well, she wouldn't poison him at least. He trusted her that much.

Trying a bite of the unusual looking uni, he smirked. The taste was much better, better than the prawn even. It wasn't until she spoke about the fire that he started coughing, shocked she'd offered even more information. "It sounds like you know of more elements." Ocie smiled, having cleared his throat. "Or you know more you're not willing to tell me." He pried a bit. She didn't have to tell him anything, he would never force it out of her.

During the moments pause, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. She must like the foods around here. If he made it out of her suspicions he'd have to go hunt some of this down as a gift.

Wait, did she just mention his parents? Well crap. "I only assume I'm a half breed. My mother is indeed a naiad, but I've never met my father. She's claimed that she's dating a demon but I've never met him either. I'm starting to wonder if I'm just a freak of nature the guardians produced just to make everyone ask questions." Ocie sighed.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff