[FIN] Sleep was a long time coming [Hero x Doom]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Doom wished she was the type to self-medicate with fermented fruit juices and mushrooms. She was feeling restless. Look-See came back bellyfull of sacks. Look-See. Who was the youngest. Doom snickered. Gloom would never admit it, but not only was Look-See's pregnancy a shock, but it made them question their own "life goals." And like anything else of interest where knowledge could be gleamed from, Gloom became interested in females. Of course, everything was done by a methodical standpoint, his view strictly practical. He seemed to not notice females general appearances, focusing only their bone structure and size of their hips. But Doom, she needed this. And had for a long time.

With one hunger sated, she left her carcass and bathed in nearby waters. Leisurely dipping her tresses and haphazardly flinging the water out, she lazily got out to find a nice warm place in the sun to nap. Even the ground here was warmed like it was waiting for her. Finally, peace would not be a long time coming.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:36 am
User Image User Image Hero was on the hunt, this time to find that lovely doe, Bloom. He had lost her after the cave, losing sight of her when the light blinded him. The buck knew he wouldn't catch up when Adventure came blundering back, but had a tuft of her bright orange fur lodged in a tooth. Of course, the caiman was scolded (who seemed more content than apologetic).

"Well, Adventure," the buck was watching that red form bobbing up and down in the water. "I don't think we will find her today, again..."

Adventure was only half-listening. They seemed to alternate on who was following who on most days.

But the caiman felt ripples in the water that were familiar. It was that doe again! The bright one with the funny hair - actually, they were all funny without their scales.

So, the red 'log' moved over in that direction. Once it caught sight, it smoothly sank under the water to lurk up her.

Hero had not lost sight of the caiman, but knew the general direction and walked - as fast as he could in the undergrowth - and was calling very loudly and disruptively, "Adventure! Adventure!"  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:09 pm
She felt that familiar weight descend upon her eyes. The lazy waves coaxing her to sleep in an easy rhythm. That fuzzy cloud was slowly descending upon her restless mind. Sleep, beautiful sleep was coming for her.

But the water's moving patterns missed a beat. And her nostrils were sloshed with water. Something was in the water. She decided to give it a moment to see if the water would settle and whatever it was would continue on its way. But no, the water became more agitated. And then she was pulled out of her reverie instantaneously. That voice. Slapping her eyes open, she turned in sharp circles. Object sighted, she all but seethed her rage, agitation fighting with disbelief. ********.

"YOUUUUU. WHAT DO YOU WANT? AND YOU, RED LOG, STAY FAR AWAY FROM ME AND MY HAIR"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 pm
Hero gazed upon the sightly doe and he tossed his hair out of his eyes. Ah, they had found her! "Bloom!" His calls for the caiman were easily replaced, but the light in his eyes dimmed slightly. "Such hostility! How is it that I have been met with words so forceful. Really, what have I done to which you hate me so much?"

Adventure was not so slighted by her tone. It came up slowly, first red nostrils and then brilliant gold eyes. But for once, the caiman succumbed to her 'request' and scuttled up the bank to bathe in the little bit sunlight that escaped the branches.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm
Relief at the disappearing caiman was followed by indignation at Hero's outcry but replaced with pride within the span of a few seconds. A stripe of magenta-red crept up behind Hero.

The gaunt frame of Spook was silent despite looking like its bones should rattle. Up and up he crept until a** in the air, it sprung. Bam, colliding into Hero, it swatted playfully at Hero's rump. Landing neatly, it turned to stare down the sunning Adventure. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am
Hero was not put off, he managed to get a nick from the cheetah as his hide came in contact with a broken branch. He hissed himself at the stinging pain, but struggled back to his hooves in a very undignified manner. "Was that really necessary?"

The buck was not sure why his own temper was getting so short. His young age must have been showing through a bit. He took a few deep breathes, refusing to succumb to such non-desired emotions.

In the meantime, Adventure's head snaked into the air as much as its short neck allowed. The caiman gave a signature grin, a new player has arrived on the scene! How intriguing.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:59 pm
She really did not understand Hero. As for Adventure, that caiman seemed like a lost cause. That much Doom could surmise from its relationship with Hero. In keeping with tradition (HA!), Doom seemed to have a dysfunctional relationship with this red buck. She found his huffing puffs of breath amusing.

She shortened the distance between them. An elegant flick of water and a slide later, she was in front of Hero. ********. There was an annoying wet flock of hair on her red eye. She would deal with it later. It was tickling though.

"What. Do. You. Want?" She punctuated each word with a firm jab with her nose into Hero's neck. Her glare would be a lot intimidating if it were not for that damn hair..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:08 am
He was still in a state of agitation. Bloom's advance did nothing to make it any better. She almost seemed to enjoy him in this condition. Her hair wasn't helping in the matter.

"I want..." Hero paused, never having thought of it in terms of his own wanting.

"I want to know why." The buck took a deep breath, and as he kept talking he was feeling a weight lifting from his deep red shoulders. "When I first saw you, you were in trouble - and I helped you. Even then, you were hostile. Then, I saw you again in the caves, where we were getting bit - a lot. And we got out of that, didn't we? Finally I see you now. All I offer is kind greeting and you still insist on vicious words and actions. What is wrong with you? Is there no compassion in you?"

The buck did something that was most definitely a bad idea. He nosed the wet hair from her eyes - there, now her scowl was more appropriate. "Bloom, why do you hurt me so much? Am I really that bad of a buck?"

He almost added how beautiful she was and that hurt beauty was often shadowed by her critical nature... but he was probably in enough trouble as is. Hero held his ground, matching her glare with an (now softer) inquisitive glance.

During all of this, Adventure watched the cheetah - as it was a more worrisome foe with the doe's attention fully on Hero.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Hero. Hero. Hero has a hero complex.
Finally, she understood it. With swift clarity it was decided. It was either that course of action or acknowledging the creepy things Hero was doing to her. She wasn't used to being on the receiving end of such tenderness.

"Hero." she almost spat out his name and had to adjust he tone and approach accordingly. Stepping back, she asked, "Will you save me from myself? Come find me."

Spook edged closer to the caiman and lowered itself to lay on the ground, closer to Adventure. The staring match was on. Until Doom whistled and they both vanished. Hah! Let's see if Hero and Adventure will find them this time.

Doom crashed through the trees, her hair tangling with the dangling bones and branches. She caused such a ruckus that it attracted the attention of another kin...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There was a loud crash. Perhap sa nest falling. Woodpeckers were persistently pesky in that way. Or was that sharp trill that of a cardinal? Albatross decided to check it out. Into the clearing she saw red. Excited, then realization dawned. Two red forms, and nary a bird. In fact, the caiman looked too smug. Perhaps it had eaten some fallen birds.  

fluorescein
Crew

EchoLimaFoxtrot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:36 pm
Adventure licked its chops as it stared at the cheetah. Never could it ever go after such a fine creature. Really, it had all the respect in the world for it. Not that it would let the cheetah know. So it continued, until it was left. Adventure did not move an inch, despite the abrupt departure.

Hero blinked, not entirely sure what just happened. Was Bloom almost... nice? Uncertain? Maybe even a little lack of confidence? No, surely she was challenging him into a riddle. But what if she was serious? Hero had never encountered such a thing. He watched the direction she disappeared into the heart of the swamp.

Finally, he smiled and turned in another direction to leave. He didn't seem to have any trouble running in to her. So, instead of chasing her, where she was expecting him to do such a thing, he would leave it to Fate - which has already brought them together so often. Besides, it gave him extra time to think about what to do - how could she save her from herself?

Not that he had the chance to really ponder such mysteries. Despite walking straight for the exotic looking doe, it wasn't until he was almost directly in front of her that he realized she was there. He stopped, mid-stride and blinked as if she had come from no where.

"Uh - er - hello." Hero was not very good at shaking the surprise off. "Can I - er - help you?"  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games