Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Have sword still needs players (3/3) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:33 pm
so i thought maybe have sword could pull through the current dungeon a little light, but kobolds are doing a number, so assuming they survive the current encounter, i'd like to provide them some tactical support. what this means for you, is that my 4e game's recruiting and i'm going to find a way to shoehorn your asses into it. looking for 2-3 players, depending on interest. the current party is two controllers, a striker, and a companion character pulling healer duty. if you're interested, make a character with 1132 xp (that's level 2), standard 22 point-buy, 100g for equipment, and a magic item level 3 or lower. further game rules below, and details of the setting can be found here:

Quote:
Rules:

Sources allowed: i'm willing to allow any published sources except playtest articles. I'm also disallowing FRPG regional benefits and character themes due to balance concerns. If you're not sure how something might fit in the setting (such as material from a published setting book), feel free to ask.

Races: all races welcome, including those in MM1, MM2 and bladelings. also, if any monster race has been fleshed out as a player race, use the player stats please. if you don't have the book or (more likely) a DDI account, i can provide the updated race info. Speaking of, I have in mind different racial characteristics for Orcs, Bullywugs, Duergar, Kenku and Bugbears that bring their power-level a little closer to other player races, and I'd be happy to provide them on request too.

House Rules:I reserve the right to house rule anything at my discretion. You will be apprised of any new rules, probably in the ooc thread or an edit to the rules thread's title, and I expect they will be few and far between, if there are ever more at all. Here are my current house rules:

Monster races:As mentioned above, If you want to play an Orc, Bugbear, Duergar, Kenku or Bullywug, I have homebrew racial features for them, in an attempt to bring them in line with other player races. Currently, no one caress, but if a character dies, or player leaves, it might become relevant, so here it is for posterity.

Binders: I have a few tweaks to the binder class presented in heroes of shadow that bring it in line with the warlock build from PHB1, if you're interested in playing one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:27 pm
Looks like you need a tank; er, defender.

Just asking, if I say, wanted to play an Orc, what would that be like. ninja  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Looks like you need a tank; er, defender.

Just asking, if I say, wanted to play an Orc, what would that be like. ninja

not incredibly different than presented. mostly made warrior's surge less lame, especially for casters.

orc
RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 6'0" - 6'5"
Average Weight: 200 - 230

Ability scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution or Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares.
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Intimidate.
Running Charge: When you charge, add 2 to your speed.
Savage Heart: You gain +1 to Will
Warrior’s Surge: You can use warrior’s surge as an encounter power.

Orc Racial Power
Warrior’s Surge
Spilling the blood of your enemy invigorates you.
Encounter      Healing

Free Action      Personal
Effect: If the next attack you make this round hits, you can spend a healing surge.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:42 pm
Hmm...I might be interested in this. I still have my old dwarf fighter that never saw any action. Would just need to level it.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 pm
I'm interested as well, but i shan't be able to get a character sheet in until tomorrow at the earliest.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:51 pm
InsaneKatKing475
I'm interested as well, but i shan't be able to get a character sheet in until tomorrow at the earliest.
there's time, but I will probably go by first come, first served, unless any interested parties see fit to fight to the death over a spot.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 am
Sounds awesome! blaugh

And that's a great way of making it less lame. O_o

So, I might be an Orc fighter.

Course, it depends on if zah other person wants to be a dwarf fighter.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 am
I just needed to tweak it a bit, and I still have to scour the books for what magic item I want, but aside from that it should be good to go.

Kristrya, Dwarf Fighter

However. If someone else really wants to be a fighter, I can easily make another char in about an hour. I actually still have another char sheet that never got used that should be ready to go after leveling...

*sighs* can't resist, even though I'm tired..... *tweaks sheet*

Nikendal, Halfling Cosmic Sorcerer

Same as before; everything but the magic item. The only downside to him is that there's already a striker. If need be, I can make another char instead, although that would have to wait til tomorrow afternoon/evening.

edit: just wanted to be clear, I have no problem playing either char, they both have their pros, and their quirks ^^  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:01 pm
So... strikers is what we need now right?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:12 pm
actually, they need defenders and leaders. They have controllers and a striker already. I'm willing to wait for other people to decide what they'd like to do before choosing/making mine. I just want to have them ready so I'm not holding anything up.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 pm
Oh yeah, they do need a leader, herm, I wondersz...

What are the classes of everyone else and stuff?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:23 pm
KytanaTheThief
actually, they need defenders and leaders. They have controllers and a striker already. I'm willing to wait for other people to decide what they'd like to do before choosing/making mine. I just want to have them ready so I'm not holding anything up.
this. a reliable leader would be a boon to the party in the long term, and a defender would be a solid addition overall, especially if it's made to be very striker-y. a striker wouldn't be bad, especially if it's especially hearty like a con-based warlock or something, but the party is almost all squishies at this point, so anything ranged and/or particularly vulnerable might not jive quite right with the other characters.

we have a wand wizard (using a sword as an implement),
a dagger using seeker who likes to run into melee,
and a centered flurry monk with all the speeds.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm
Kat is making a dark pact warlock atm, as I am assisting him with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 pm
Rain Yupa
Kat is making a dark pact warlock atm, as I am assisting him with it.
maybe if all three of them make strikers you can just obliterate all the encounters before dying. xd

let me know if you need anything from me.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:35 pm
well, that still leaves either of my chars as good options. the fighter is very heavy, and i gave the sorcerer a feat that lets him not grant OA's for using area attacks (which is one of his at-wills). So, awesomesauce right there lol.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff