Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm
User ImageImarogbe was laying beneath the canopy of a patch of trees he had found while looking for a place to rest the previous night. He had never had that particular problem before, and thus, hadn’t immediately known what to do about it. Ima held pride in his intelligence and problem solving skills, but they hadn’t been much help to him as he was thrown out of everything familiar to him.

Fortunately, he had paid enough attention to his mother to know the basics of hunting. So he hadn’t starved himself either. Despite all of the feelings that he was having about being so far away from his home, he also had the burning feeling of freedom like he’d never felt before.

He was seeing and experiencing things that he had only ever heard in stories. Being where he was made him perfectly happy, despite all the uncertainty that he was feeling and fear of being on his own.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:11 pm
User Image

Hania had gotten an early start on the day, having stirred back into the waking world before the sun was even up. By the time she'd finished breakfast though, she could see the family purpley-orange tinge in the far off horizon that signaled the official coming of the morning; the lioness had smiled and sat back to watch the sunrise. Soon enough it was up and out of the horizon, and as soon as it was Hania had set off for her next destination, which was basically wherever her paws would take her.

They took her westward, and eventually she found herself facing a rather pleasant-looking rest stop in the form of a small patch of trees. She'd been longing for a bit of shade, as it was already quite hot despite still being morning. The smile that had left her since she started earlier that day had come back and she quickly made her way over, not at all expecting to find company.

She was almost glad she did, however, and stopped in her tracks when she took notice of the gray lion. "Good morning," she greeted almost inaudibly. The female had never been good with socializing, which is why the rogue life seemed to suit her just so. "I don't suppose there's room in the shade for one more?"

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:21 am
Ima shot his head up at the sound of the strange voice. As he spotted the source of the sound, he gaped at the lioness that stood before him. In is recent life being older, he had started to get used to regular banu not addressing him as directly as they had when he had been young.

So, he was a little more than surprised at the lioness that had approached him. He hadn’t really been socializing since he left home, but that was about to change. Not knowing what to expect in the vast outside world, Ima had just been winging the past days since he left.

Recovering himself, he quickly said, “Ah, hello! Of course there’s room hear. It would be hard to take up all this space on my own.” He moved over a bit so that there was more room for her.

Having been born and raised in the Ukuucha’Wafalme, Ima had never met a lioness that wasn’t bound by the constraints of the society that he came from. She intrigued him and he was interested in talking to her. “I’m Imarogbe, what’s your name?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 am
The lioness suppressed a chuckle when the younger lion, quite obviously a male by the looks of the mane that was growing in, sat there merely looking at her as opposed to actually giving her an answer. He recovered quick enough though, and with a soft smile she settled in with a contented sigh in the shady spot just beside him. The distance between them wasn't so close as to be uncomfortable, considering they were still basically strangers, but not so far as to say, "I don't feel like talking; go away."

While she got comfortable he decided to introduce himself. It wasn't too formal, but certainly polite. She hadn't met too many that bothered with introductions out in the rogue lands, even if she shared the same resting spots. Most were too tired to bother with the pleasantries while others simply didn't care. Normally she was fine with that arrangement, but this was a nice, almost refreshing change.

"My mother named me Hania," she answered, her voice almost as soft and inaudible as it had been when she first spoke only moments ago, "but I am called Nia by most." She would have said more too, had he asked for more than just her name. Seeing as he hadn't, the lioness then set her milk-chocolate eyes on the male, regarding him with a gentle, scrutinizing gaze. She'd fallen into the habit of sizing up her company in case they turned out to be hostile rather than friendly; one could never be too careful out in the rogue lands, after all.

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 am
“Nice to meet you Nia,” he said pleasantly. Growing up in his pride had taught him formality and politeness, although he didn’t really have much formality in him.

Listening to her soft voice, Ima tried to think of something to say or do, but he felt powerless in the situation. Nevertheless, he was intensely curious about her, and he finally asked, “So, where are you from?,’ then he hurriedly added, “If you don’t mind me asking I mean.”

He didn’t know much about the world outside of his home and enjoyed all the stories and tales that he could get. Feeling awkward, he looked at her expectantly, wondering what she would say.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:32 am
"And you," she replied with a smile and small nod. Polite indeed, which Nia rather liked. True enough, there weren't enough polite rogues in the world, let alone polite adolescent rogues, so she felt a bit fortunate to run into one. Staying on with the smile, she regarded his question a bit and simply shrugged.

"Nowhere and everywhere," came the lioness's answer, but decided to expound on it so as not to confuse him and sound too sagely. "Meaning to say, I've lived a rogues life from birth until this very day." Memories of her life flickered through her mind for a second, and despite herself she couldn't help but smile a bit wider at a certain recollection that lingered for longer than all the others. She made no comment on it though, and simply decided to continue with their conversation.

"And where are you from, Imarogbe?"

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:52 am
Ima stared at her in wonder. He had no concept of either not having a home or a home that was the world. Not for the first time, he wondered what it would be like to live like that. Despite the dangers that he’d heard of the rogue lands, he was still intrigued.

Even though he was here away from home, he still had a home that was waiting for his return. All of the family and friends that he had ever know where there. Thinking about them started to make him homesick, but he pushed the feeling aside.

“Oh, call me Ima,” he said quickly. The only times that he’d heard his full name had been when he got himself in trouble. “I am from a pride called the Ukuucha’Wafalme. I’m not sure how far it is from here, I’ve been traveling for a few days. I was born there, and I’ve lived there my entire life....up until now anyway.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:48 am
Ima. She sat in thought for a moment or two, thinking that it was a nice, convenient shortening of his original name. A good nickname, to which she nodded and listened intently at his reply. His answer once again put her into thinking mode, and after he finished silence fell between the two of them.

Part of her thoughts comprised of the idea of having a place to go home to, a pride to belong to and be a part of. It must have been similar to having a large and extensive family, though she couldn't relate to that either. She was born to a male and female that parted ways after her mother gave birth to a litter of primarily stillbirths. She was weak, but the sole survivor. Her mother raised her as best she could, and they traveled together until her mother succumbed to the an unknown illness many moons ago. She was still an adolescent at the time.

"I see," was all she said when she she finally spoke. After thinking on it a bit more, she then posed a question. "Why would you leave your home to live the rogue's life?"

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:14 am
Ima smiled in pride as he answered Nia’s question,“Well, in my pride, males have to go on a quest when they reach adolescence,” he paused before saying,“We must go out into the rogue lands and grow up. We must bring home a lioness start our families and be considered adults,” he said thoughtfully.

He had been excited about the adventure aspect of roaming the rogue lands at the peak of his youth, but he felt grounded saying aloud the actual reason that he had left home. Looking off into the distance he said optimistically, “It was hard leaving my family, but I try to remember that I’m here so that maybe I can have my own family one day.

Not to mention the thrill of being away from home! I’ve never experienced anything like this before. I think I’ll stay out here for a while instead of going back home for now.” Glancing back at Nia, he smiled at her, thinking that maybe living out here wouldn’t be so bad after all.

"It was nice meeting you Nia."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:38 am
Another smile graced the lioness's maw as she listened to the younger male speak about his home and its traditions. Curious, to let their adolescent males out into the rogue lands to bring home a female, but then it wasn't the first time she'd met with one out on their coming-of-age quest. She could only imagine what it must be like to be able to rave about your home and your family and your dreams and aspirations of someday having your own. For Nia, though, her wandering heart and restless paws have kept her from staying in any one place for too long. It'd take more than a bit of convincing to get her to consider it, at the very least.

When the male had finished speaking, ending his rather energetic rave on a note of pleasantry, Nia spoke up. "Likewise," she started with a smile, "and that sounds like quite the quest," she commented, still curious about that particular bit of tradition from his pride, but not quite forward enough to ask about it. "But yes, being on your own gives one an exhilarating sense of freedom. Best take advantage of it while you can."

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Boudaihobbit

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:23 pm
"I will," he said with certainty. He wasn't sure what was going to happen between now and the day that he returned home, but he knew that it would be unlike anything that he had ever experienced. As he watched the clouds roll by, he wondered how his brothers were doing. He wondered when he would see them again.

It was odd waking up in morning by himself. Thinking about it, he realized that he would never wake up next to them again. Nevertheless, a new life had begun for him. Ima was ready for adulthood and the title of a pad.

Looking back at Nia, he wondered if he would ever see her again.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games