Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sanctuary (RPing for EVERYONE!)

Back to Guilds

Sanctuary offers a wide-variety of genres where you can create and maintain your own role-plays! Have fun! 

Tags: chat, role, play, hang-out, everyone 

Reply Magical/Mythical - Mythology - Afterlife RPs
H E A R T B O U N D (O/A/S) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 pm
User Image

"Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul." 
spacedyspace
- Oscar Wilde

A X Midnight Falcon X Original
Pictures from Photobucket
Inspired by a variety of books and some Falcon Imagination.    
DO NOT STEAL

Profiles | Recruitment

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:24 pm
Our world is much likes your's.
We call it Earth. It has seven continents five oceans, and one moon. The human race controls most things on this planet, and the human race has its share of issues. Technology is king, among us, and politicians are constantly squabbling over issues, but never really get anything done. Most of the people just carry on with their lives.
However, the people are more different than you may expect.
In our world, the people have a heartbound, an animal companion bound to them forever. A heartbound, some people say, is our soul. Others say that they're our conscience, and many don't know what the heartbound is. They just are. Sometimes, they choose to live inside of us, to speak to us silently and to observe things from our perspective. Sometimes, they walk beside us, voicing things audiably and taking a more active role in choosing what happens to us. And sometimes, we live within them, seeing things from their perspective and voicing our opinions, silently, to them. In a way, they are us and we are them.
However, there have been rumors of a group of people, Specters, they're called, who have discovered a way to control other people's heartbounds, brainwashing them to do horrible things. Most people do n't believe these rumors, but there are some people who continue to say that the rumors are true, that the Specters wish to take control.
And its beginning to make sense, really, because many of those petty politicians are beginning to act strangely...

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:40 pm
The truth is, the Specters exist, but not in the manner that many believe.
Most of them are politicians and scientists, actors and journalists, people who could have plenty of power, but don't, or those who have power, but want more. They originally tried only to stay ahead in their field, using their power to control other people's heartbound so they may get in power and stay in power, but recently, they've had a more ambitious goal. They've wanted to control the world. After all, if they have the power to do so, why not do it? But recently, there's been resistance. There's been technology found to counteract the methods the Specters use, and plenty of people, even ordinary people, have been fighting against the Specters, out of fear that that they would be controlled as well. And this resistance has been growing stronger, and it looks like they might actually stand a chance...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:35 am
The Rules

1. You've probably seen this everywhere, but follow Gaia ToS. I mean it.

2. No godmodding, seriously. This means no autohitting, no talking for their character, no moving their character, don't even dodge for them.

3. Come on, face it, there are kids on Gaia. Yes, I encourage romance. I encourage violence. Don't take them too far. (AKA, stay PG13.)

4. Listen to Me. I am the all knowing, strong person. Break the rules and I find a replacement for you.

5. Don't abandon us! If you're going on a trip (yes, it happens) tell me! If you want to leave, tell me!

6. No one liners. I hate them. One paragraph, please? I want something to work with!

7. PM your profiles to me and title them "Specters"

8. Be nice to people! Your character doesn't have to be nice, but you do! Let's act like human beings.

9. If you choose to be a Specter, please know that you can't just control other people's heartbound with a wave of your hand!

10. Look, I promise this will be the last rule. I want some character originality. I would also like you to not suddenly know things in the RP. It drives me insane.

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 am
The Skeleton

Profiles

[align=center][img]ANIME PIC URL HERE[/img][/align]

[align=center][size=11][color=1]❝ (Quote) ❞[/color][/size][/align]

[color=3][size=24][b]F[/b]irst[/size][/color]

[size=9][color=1]I was named[/color] [color=2](First and last names)[/color]
[color=1]But you may call me[/color] [color=2](Nickname)[/color]
[color=1]You can say that I'm[/color] [color=2](Age)[/color] [color=1]years old.[/color]
[color=1]I am obviously a[/color] [color=2](Gender)[/color]
[color=1]When I look in the mirror, I see[/color] [color=2](Written description)[/color] [/size]
[color=1]I am a[/color] [color=2](Alignment- rebel or specter)[/color] [/size]

[align=center][color=3][size=24][b]M[/b]iddle[/size][/color][/align]

[align=center][size=9][color=2]I am a(n)[/color] [color=1](Position in life- scientist, politician, author, lawyer, have fun with this one.)[/color]
[color=2]I can be[/color] [color=1](Personality)[/color]
[color=2]But that's because[/color] [color=1](Bio, at least 1 paragraph)[/color][/size][/align]

[align=right][color=3][size=24][b]L[/b]ast[/size][/color]

[size=9][color=1] My heartbound's name is[/color] [color=2](Heartbound name)[/color]
[color=1]They are obviously a[/color] [color=2](heartbound gender and species)[/color]
[color=1]They are so[/color] [color=2](heartbound personality.)[/color]
[color=2](Username)[/color] [color=1]controls me.[/color]
[/size][/align]

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 pm
Reserved

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:59 pm
Reserved

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 am
Starting
Specters- A 'business as usual' kind of day. There is nothing planned among the Specters for quite some time, unless something pops up. Do what you want, and remember, keep your glove on you at all times. Ms. Reehara is watching.
Rebels- A meeting is planned in a small cellar underneath Aaron's warehouse. Do your best to be on time. After all, we have Specters to overthrow.
Neutral/Other- Do what you want. Meet a specter. Rob a bank. Burn down a building. Or... make pancakes. Whatever suits your fancy for now.

Essiemouse

Sunny Iridescence

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:22 pm
ąѕнкąєℓ ɾєєнąɾą
It's a dog eat dog world out there.

"The sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the land
Plumes of smoke rise and merge into the leaden sky:"

Ashkael sat in her office, impatiently tapping a pencil against her desk. Kittorin was on his perch, grooming his feathers. Across the elegantly carved cherrywood desk sat one of her competitors- or, rather, ex competitors. He was about to sign his company over to her, she knew. Few could resist the power of her glove. She saw his snake heartbound nowhere in sight. Good. The heartbound was taking refuge within him.
"I'm not sure. With the current market... and the extremely low price you're offering, Ms. Reehara-"
"Please, call me Ashkael."
"I just don't think this is the best choice."
Ashkael waited for her opportunity. One touch...
"I assure you. With the way the market's about to swing, this is the best choice you're going to make for a while."
Ashkael leaned across the desk, resting a hand- the one with the device on the glove- on his hands, what would be a move of reassurance, but with Ashkael, it had a completely different meaning. She now had complete control over his heartbound, and she could see the look on his face as his heartbound spoke to him, and he quickly changed his mind.
"I see your point."
He signed the paper, then left. Ashkael gathered the papers, then put them in her desk.
"Ash, you know that someone's going to figure it out eventually. You need to make some deals without the glove, maybe fall backwards a little..."
"I know, but I've been trying to nail this deal for years."
Ashkael put on her fur coat, looking out her window to the snowy sky, as Kit flew to her side, not to her shoulder, as her small frame would never support his massive size.
"Just... play it safe from here. We don't want the rebels to figure out who we are."
Ash walked out of her office, feeling Kit being absorbed into her body.
'Those rebels don't know a Specter from a block of ice, Kit.'

"A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers,
But awakes to a morning with no reason for waking"

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

My solution? Be top dog.

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 pm
ąąɾση gɾєηнąɾʈ
Though we might have precious little, it's still precious.

"In softest voice there's an acid tongue
In the oldest eyes there's a soul so young"

Aaron frowned, looking out from the door to the cellar. They should be here by now. Why weren't they here by now? There was always the threat of discovery, or the threat of the Specters, but it was unheard of so far. The rebellion was underground, at best, and any Specters who had heard of them thought them to be not a threat.
So why weren't they here yet?
"Patience, Aaron."
Savaniya sat by his side, her golden fur glinting in the sunlight.
"They'll come. You just have to wait. They have their own lives, you know."
"What if they don't? What if the Specters have decided to care?"

"In the shakiest will there's a core of steel
On the smoothest ride there's a squeaky wheel"

We'd might as well rise, put on your bravest face!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 pm
User Image

❝ Don't say yes if you can't say no,
Victim of the system say it isn't so! ❞

Kara
Sage
Dunne

Kara smirked and rolled another coin onto the pile. "I bet on the Orcas," she pronounced. The man before her, named Joham, went wide-eyed at the coin. People around him were gaping.
                            "60 gold ones! This girl knows her stuff!"
                            "Joham is going to lose his winning streak!"
                            "Where did this girl even get that much money?"
                            Joham fixed his composure and bared his teeth. "Are you sure? The Orcas have lost their best player and just played a game the other day. The players are probably tired and not looking forward to paying an 'Away' game." Kara pretended to look torn, but inside she knew her head was dead set on the Orcas. They were obviously better than the Finches and had some of the best players in the nation.
                            "Well.... hmmm.. oh I'm sooo confused!" she wailed, spilling out crocodile tears. "I- I- no! I'm going to stay with the Orcas! They're my favorite animal!" she cried, thrust her money forward. Joham tried to look indifferent about her decision, but he had a worried look on his face. After a few minutes, the t.v was turned on and everyone watched the game. Joham tried convincing Kara to change her vote throughout the game, but she shook her head. The final seconds of the game ended with the Orcas winning 60-52. Kara grinned devilishly and gathered up all the coins.
                            "Yay! I won!" she squealed, putting all the money into her bag and trying not to laugh at Joham's incredibly red face. "Thanks for playing, sir!" As she walked out, she heard the adults burst out laughing.
                            "Beaten at your own game by a little girl!" Moustafa, who had been sitting just outside, followed her into the street.
                            "I presume from the smug look on your face that you won?" he said when they reached the other side.
                            "Of course I won, Chester! Have you ever seen me not win?" She took a bite out of one of Joham's coins to make sure they were real. "Sweet! 100% legit! We are going to eat well tonight!"
                            Moustafa rolled his eyes. "That's nice and all, but don't you think you should be saving those? And maybe you ought to lie low for the time being. All this gambling can't be good for you." Kara stuck her tongue out at him.
                            "Nonsense! Gambling gets me money, food, clothes, and comfort! Not to mention all I have to do is talk, watch, and listen! No real work involved!" Moustafa sighed.
                            "I don't think you understand my point. What I mean is, don't you think it isn't right to cheat and swindle your way to wealth?"
                            "Of course it's wrong! But people do it all the time. Why can't I? I'm doing this in the spirit of fairness," she answered with a sly smile. Then she sprinted ahead towards their home- the attic of Robinson Junara, a successful entrepreneur who graciously allowed Kara and Moustafa to stay with her.
                            "That doesn't even make sense!" he called after her, running to catch up.

Over Open Close: OMG Midnight! Sorry this took me so long!! Also, are you ever going to post for Serena in Maximum?

User Image

read one piece
Captain

OG Player

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am
ąѕнкąєℓ ɾєєнąɾą
It's a dog eat dog world out there.

"The sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the land
Plumes of smoke rise and merge into the leaden sky:"

Ashkael walked on the freezing pavement, huddled inside of her fur coat. With a frown, she looked around, at te cars, the people, the trees periodically placed in little holes in te sidewalk.
She was definitely surprised, though, when she saw Johan running straight into her. She stopped him, keeping him at an arms length, and narrowed her eyes at him.
"I need to talk to you, Ms. Reehara."
Ashkael quickly took him aside to a bench out of the hearing range of the crowds.
"What happened?"
"There was this girl... I tried to entrance her heartbound on the way in, and she didn't listen to me! I think the glove is defective."
Ash narrowed her eyes, staring him down.
"The glove is not defective, Joham. You are. Track this girl down. Get her to come to my office. Now."
Joham quickly got up and ran off to find her. He knew what happened to Specters that made Ashkael angry- they ended up in a mental institute, or dead, depending on how angry she got.

"A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers,
But awakes to a morning with no reason for waking"

My solution? Be top dog.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:31 am
Sunny Iridescence
/pokes Sunny

SoverignSlayer
Crew

Gracious Lunatic

Magical/Mythical - Mythology - Afterlife RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]