Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Domino City
eBay you so funny

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaxxxLVL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:25 am
http://www.ebay.com/itm/English-OriCa-RED-SP24-Red-Eyes-Darkness-Metal-Dragon-/120755940964

http://stores.ebay.com/The-OriCa-Shop Moe-Gi-Oh Cards XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 pm
As obviously fake as that card is, I want it.  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

MaxxxLVL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:10 pm
brotherofAnubus
It should be called the Red Eyes Darkness Moetal Dragon xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm
Z e n C o l o r s
brotherofAnubus
I always knew it was a girl. How else could it call up other dragons? 3nodding  

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

MaxxxLVL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:35 pm
brotherofAnubus
Z e n C o l o r s
brotherofAnubus
I always knew it was a girl. How else could it call up other dragons? 3nodding
Apparently these cards are called Original Cards, basically saying "OH HEY WE'RE GONNA TAKE A CARD ALREADY MADE AND ******** IT UP TIL WE LIKE IT AND SELL THEM TO PEOPLE FOR PROFIT!"

I've seen a Black Rose Dragon that's just a nude Aki  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:29 am
Actually, if you haven't heard of OriCa (or the like) before, they're pretty nifty.

Most of the time they are tournament legal.
Most judges are fine with them as long as the original info (Effects/Text, etc)
hasn't been modded, or if you have an actual (clean) copy of the card as well.

Most OriCa you'll find are just modded so that the picture is extended/changed
(as in the moé ones), and the necessary info is kept.
It's common to see the level stars down the side of the card (for art room),
and there are even some OriCa sleeves (which are my favourites).

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:05 am
Fox Demon Shippo
Actually, if you haven't heard of OriCa (or the like) before, they're pretty nifty.

What ever judge is allowing those cards to be played in tournaments needs to wake up. They're not tourney legal for any official TCG tournaments primarily due to being fake (no copyright info or holographic water mark in the bottom right corner). Also most violate tournament policy.
Tournament Policy
Card Legality - Section J: Altered Cards
Cards that have been altered from their original appearance with surface decoration may be used for play only if the alterations do not obscure any portion of the card text, make the illustration difficult to recognize, or make the card distinguishable from other cards in the Deck while it is face-down.
The Head Judge of the event has final arbitration on whether or not altered cards may be used at the tournament.
Duelists are responsible for determining whether or not their altered cards are acceptable for use before the start of the
tournament.

I'm strict when it comes stuff like this and it'd never get in to any of the tournaments I judge.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:56 am
Zero Hiru
What ever judge is allowing those cards to be played in tournaments needs to wake up. They're not tourney legal for any official TCG tournaments primarily due to being fake (no copyright info or holographic water mark in the bottom right corner). Also most violate tournament policy.
Tournament Policy
Cards that have been altered from their original appearance with surface decoration may be used for play only if the alterations do not obscure any portion of the card text, make the illustration difficult to recognize, or make the card distinguishable from other cards in the Deck while it is face-down.
The Head Judge of the event has final arbitration on whether or not altered cards may be used at the tournament.
Duelists are responsible for determining whether or not their altered cards are acceptable for use before the start of the
tournament.

I'm strict when it comes stuff like this and it'd never get in to any of the tournaments I judge.

As far as Orica, most are Extra deck cards so as long as they can produce the actual card that they own (with holographic waterwark) then really there should be no problem with it. In the case of this monster, however, I would agree. However, in the case of altered art cards, it just seems like a bit of a hard-@ss move to just not let any card through. I have a Sangan where everything is blacked out except for 2 eyes and the teeth (making it look like cheshire cat) and a black rose that I completed the picture for so it looks like it pops out of the picture box. On both, you can still see the watermark and ALL text. You're gonna tell me that's illegal? That's just abuse of power. I'm into alter art cards. I like to make them and I certainly like seeing the creativity others have. I think banning the use of a card you really like just because it's a little different is ridiculous.  

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Zero Hiru
Captain

Unforgiving Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:29 am
Aka_Saiyaku
As far as Orica, most are Extra deck cards so as long as they can produce the actual card that they own (with holographic waterwark) then really there should be no problem with it. In the case of this monster, however, I would agree. However, in the case of altered art cards, it just seems like a bit of a hard-@ss move to just not let any card through. I have a Sangan where everything is blacked out except for 2 eyes and the teeth (making it look like cheshire cat) and a black rose that I completed the picture for so it looks like it pops out of the picture box. On both, you can still see the watermark and ALL text. You're gonna tell me that's illegal? That's just abuse of power. I'm into alter art cards. I like to make them and I certainly like seeing the creativity others have. I think banning the use of a card you really like just because it's a little different is ridiculous.
I have no issue with drawing on cards as long as it stays in the art box and stays recognizable. hell, I personally own a Colossal Fighter that's colored to look like iron man. I was referring to the "orica" full art cards. If you have the real card, i would have you use it. that's all i was saying.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:51 pm
Zero Hiru
Fox Demon Shippo

Tournament Policy
tournament.

I have no issue with drawing on cards as long as it stays in the art box and stays recognizable. hell, I personally own a Colossal Fighter that's colored to look like iron man. I was referring to the "orica" full art cards. If you have the real card, i would have you use it. that's all i was saying.

THAT is completely understandable.
I was pretty sure I stated the same as the rules.

As long as it doesn't cover/mess with card text or other appropriate info (like the moé ones do), it's usually okay.
At most, the judges will just ask that you have a "clean" copy of the card as well.
I said nowhere that the moé ones posted here were legal, as they DID mess with the text boxes and the other info.
I only mentioned that a lot of them are modded so that the art is extended.
I never said it was tournament legal to do so.

Also, where's you find that Tournament Policy thing?
I'd love to read it, as I've never seen those available on their site or anything.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
Domino City

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items