Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 pm
User Image

It had been a busy little while around the swamps and after initial attempts to get and stay clean had failed because of the on-going activity, Vyoga-kwaa had stopped trying so hard-- but now that everything was over, he was determined to get most of the mud off of himself. He was sitting in the shallow water of the swamp, the most reasonable place, he decided, since anywhere you sit near water it was going to be wet. His feet were clean and he was in the process of trying to get all the mud from around his face- but it took some psyching up before he could stick his face in the water. Which was the only way it was going to get clean without a lengthy grooming session.

Already wet and still moderately muddy (his mane, in particular, still needed work), it was lucky he had no idea the queen was intending to begin her interviews or he might have ended up looking a lot worse after a frantic and rushed attempt to clean up. He'd already demonstrated in many of the events that he was clumsy despite looking so sturdy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 am
Although she, of course, hadn't participated in any of the events, La'u Khara'i's coat was still far from spotless. While she wasn't one to outright roll in the mud unless it was very hot out, or the bugs were too bothersome, she also rarely bothered to go to the effort of actively staying clean. Currently, she was dingy up to her belly, having already waded through her fair share of mud and murky water today. That her suitors were going to see her in a less than immaculate state didn't bother her in the least - it was simply a fact of life in the swamp, and avoiding it was more or less impossible, so why go to the trouble?

Coming upon her first 'appointment' for the day from behind, she grinned. "Vyoga-kwaa."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 pm
Staring into the water, trying to use it as a mirror to judge how successful sticking his head under had been, he rubbed at his face with the side of his paw. It was just something he wouldn't be able to worry about. He shook the excess water from his fuzzy cheeks and mane-- and then he heard his name and nearly jumped out of his fur. If he wasn't sitting, he might have fallen. He was on his feet quickly when he turned and realized who it was. He managed to walk out of the shallows without stumbling, but he looked rather like he'd been swimming, even as he shook his legs off uselessly.

"Good day," he said, smiling sheepishly, "You surprised me."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm
"I know." There was no apology, either spoken or understood, only a hint of mischief in her voice. As much as she liked to be all 'mature' and queenly, she had an ever-present playful streak, sometimes more subdued than others. This, apparently, was not one of those times. Looking for a Consort was serious business, sure, but she was going to have to live with them for years, ideally.

"You did well in the wrestling," she observed. Much better than that Penda, who seemed to have a bit of an issue with mud...potentially problematic, when you lived in a swamp.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:53 am
Khara's reaction was surprising and not at the same time, but he couldn't quite figure out why. Vyoga did sense the mischief in her tone and it made him slightly less uneasy. Not that he really knew what to make of any of this, he hadn't any real clue what he was in for when he put himself into the running to catch the queen's eye.

"Thank you," he said, chuckling awkwardly in an effort to seem nonchalant, "Kind of makes up for my clumsy performance in.. everything else."

Why did he mention that?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 pm
"At least you put in an effort...and didn't cringe every time you got a little dirty." She chuckled as she made a clear dig at Vyoga's competition, having been alternately amused and baffled by his aversion to swamp-muck. He was a handsome lion, certainly, and a fellow seer, but what respectable swamp lion was also a clean freak? It made Khara want to rub mud on him until he got over it.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:10 pm
This time, Vyoga really chuckled. Even if it was at someone else's expense, it made him feel more at ease. He had joined in expecting everybody to be perfectly at home in the mud and he had been so caught up in everything that the realization that some were uncomfortable struck him a little late into the games.

And maybe this meant it wasn't so bad that he hadn't quite gotten all the mud out of his fur yet.

"The mud was half the fun," he commented with a smile, "If you can't win at least it's fun trying to stay on your feet and keep going in the mud. And even more so watching everybody else try, too."

It must have been especially entertaining for her, knowing much of it was for her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:50 am
"I have to admit, I was a little jealous that everyone else got to have all the fun," she confided in a sort of half-truth. It wouldn't have fit her 'image' to participate in the games, and that was more important than having a bit of fun, but there had been a few times she'd wanted to throw some mud around or do something. "I suppose it wouldn't have been fair for me to play, though."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm
It had never really occurred to Vyoga that Khara might have wanted to play, though thinking about it he felt kind of silly. Most of the pride enjoyed the mud and it was all for fun, why shouldn't she have wanted to? He didn't think it would have been unfair for her to join in.

"Hmm. I think it's unfair you didn't get to play if you wanted to," he said with a small shrug, "Why shouldn't you get to have fun, too?"

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm
"You think so?" Khara chuckled at the thought of how things might have gone if she'd deigned to participate. "I'm not sure whether I want to know how many would actually have tossed their Queen into the mud or not."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:40 pm
Vyoga blinked, he hadn't thought about it from the other side- the side he was actually on. Even if Khara had tried to participate, it would mean someone else had to try to beat her- and that would make it awkward, whether you over-analyzed at the time or later.

"Oh, right," he muttered, smiling sheepishly, "I didn't think of that."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:08 pm
The purple lioness laughed merrily. "See what I mean? What do you think, would you have thrown me into the mud to win?"

Khara found herself very curious as to what the answer to her question would be, as well as whether the question itself would trip him up at all. Maybe it was a bit mean to put him on the spot, but she couldn't resist.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:51 pm
"No!" he said almost instantly, shaking his head- but then he paused mentally and it was impossible to hide physically. Was that the right answer? He was trying to say she should have fun, too.. he shouldn't be making it sound harder.

"M-maybe?" he said cautiously before confessing, "I don't know."

Well, this was charming.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 pm
To be perfectly honest, Khara wasn't sure what she would have preferred - to be taken 'seriously' as an opponent, or treated 'appropriately' for a Queen. This was complicated by the fact that there would have been spectators, but since there weren't any now...

Mischief lit her expression, and a moment later, she pounced at Vyoga.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 pm
He didn't get much of a chance to think through the pros and cons of treating your queen as an equal in a game in the interest of everybody having fun- he nearly missed the mischievous look she gave him and he definitely didn't have time to figure out what was about to happen before she pounced. All things considered, his build made it harder than it might have been but between his natural clumsiness and a poor mental attempt to shift from worrying about this kind of situation to reacting to it.. he had no chance of staying on his feet.

Hitting the ground with a splash indicating he was back at the edge of the water, he reacted instinctively and moved to push her off- a little voice in the back of his mind reminding him just who he was shoving and even though it was too late, it made for an awkward kick-flail.

And despite all of this, Vyoga couldn't help but laugh at himself.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff