Submit

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:17 am
Better Safe than Sorry
featuring Deborah Griffith and Robert Fieford
location Outside of the Griffith Estate in London

User Image
The days were getting colder as the moons progressed. Soon maybe snow would grace the humans in happier ways than that of stormy rainfall. Although the sky was still coated with smog and grey, but the people still seemed to continue in their busy lives; it was a phenomenon that Roy had not bothered to wonder why. He would have much preferred to be at the office library, in the warm isolated hallways, organizing all the films accordingly. That would be the absolute life.

But today, that was not the case. He has received call that a wealthy young lady had requested his assistance with a lock. In his hand, a case for all his tools as well as an ornate but heavy and sturdy lock and matching key. Travelling through the streets by foot, he hoped to reach there before midday, finish up and wander back before sundown. It was but morning and he was already digging his face into the collar of his coat.

Upon arriving to the estate, it was not an easy task to miss. He adjusted his glasses with the back of his hand, his green eyes wandered. A doorbell or some kind of way to indicate his arrival was his main goal of the moment. Was there a butler? A doorbell? His eyes wandered as he stood, not knowing what to do if no one had seen him approach the gates.

“Hello?” He voiced, but not loud enough to cause a scene.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 am
User Image The chill of the cooling seasons ment bot a change in a fashion, and a time to repair what was olf and broken. The carriage she family used not only had lost part of it's 'plush' on the inside, the outside had taken a beating from it's use. Deborah blamed the coach for practically breaking the very thing. The door was so warped from when some idiot had gone and rammed something against it. Noe of the servants were speaking about who did it. None of them wanted the boot.

Still, the door had to be replaced, as well as the lock. Her father said if the carriage mattered so much she should hire someone to fix it. So, that was just what she did. She'd gone on an acquaintance's recommendation but the man she'd spoken to seem to know what would need to be done. Waiting in the study, it was one of the maid's that came to get her, the man just arriving.

The house bulter was the one that answered the door, his elderly face passive and merely clam. "One moment sir, Miss Gri-"
"I'm right here." Walking into the entry hall, he smiled. "Are you the locksmith then? Mr. Fieford?"

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 pm
Roy waited what felt like mere seconds as an elderly man approached from the other side and spoke out to him. He gave a smile and a nod before the butler was cut off by a young lady with a head of blonde hair. He watched her for a while through his glasses frames before speaking. It had taken him a few seconds for his brain to process her words. "Good day to you. Yes, I am the locksmith." He voiced with a tip of his head downwards. It had been a while since he had heard his last name spoken that he nearly forgot the sound of the letters together. "You must be Miss Griffith, I presume?" Hopefully he had not made a mistake with the honorific if she had been married.

He had half expected a lady of more years or at the very least her parents were the ones who would have called him. Nevertheless, a patron referred by a frequent regular was a patron regardless of age. “How can I be of service today?” He questioned the girl as he would have with any one of his patrons. He quite liked the thought of order made locks. The mechanisms would be made prior, but the ornate details put into the casing and shackle made him hope that his vision matched to that of the patron.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 pm
Hands at her skirt, and a curtsy greeted Robert. “Yes Sir. Miss Deborah Griffith, you get right to the point don’t you?” Smiling, she took the shawl that one of her maid offered, the fur lining giving the warmth needed to brave the cold outside. “If you’ll follow me, the carriage in question is around the side of the manor. My father really ought to know by now I refuse to sit idle inside all season?” Turning her was visibly frustrated. “I’d be a mockery if I went to parties in a broken thing. ‘There goes the Griffith girl, in her run down old thing.’ No, I most certainly can’t have that.” Behind Robert, the maid who handed her the shawl sighed lightly, whispering, “Her lord father said if she wanted it fixed she’d do it herself. Poor man raised her well, but the lord knows she takes his words to heart.”

The carriage was near the stables, horses occasionally stomping their hooves as they passed. “Here is what you will be working on Mr. Feiford.” The carriage had obviously seen some hard times. The outside had been sanded down and from the difference in wood, parts had been replaced. The door was completely new, as where the wheels. Realizing the state of the carriage, Deborah’s face turned a slight shade of pink. “…It’s being repaired.” A pause. “That… won’t be a problem will it?”

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PandaLily

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm
After he bobbed his head slightly in response to her curtsy, he followed her as she talked, occasionally giving a small nod and 'mhm's. He walked between the young lady and her maid. He turned once or twice to acknowledge the maid’s words about her mistress. "It is quite a good trait to have though; that kind of leadership." He responded with a soft chuckle as the party started to approach the stables.

Robert looked around at the horses, their stomping didn’t bother him. However, the state of the carriage did. For such a prestigious looking lady such as Deborah, he could not imagine how she could feel safe in such a thing. Even he wouldn’t have felt safe riding around in it! But he digressed from his thoughts. Anything could have happened in the crowded streets so this should not have surprised him. He simply replied, “Of course it is not a problem. Not at all.” He took a step closer, taking a look at the carriage door. “Do you have any preference to what kind of lock you wanted? One to match the style or perhaps something you had in mind?” He asked, seeing where he could fit a lock or if he would have to create a loop for one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:45 am
Though she could not hear them, Deborah would have been beaming at being called a leader. A compliment was still a compliment after all! If id leadership wasn't exactly the most becoming for a young lady in certain instances. The carriage however, did nothing for her ego.

A small sigh or reassignment, she nodded. "Thank you. Really, I'd have gotten it in.. better shape before calling, but I was told that it was better to do it before it was painted." The maid pat her comfortingly on the shoulder. Smiling however, she nodded her head. "Match the style, I mean, if it didn't match? Augh, it would look terrible. No, so long as it matches it should be fine. About how long will it take you? I.. don't know much about locks."

Why would she? She could pay people to think for her if she wanted. All she knew was unless she had locks anyone could just walk into her carriage. Plus where would she be able to hide is she was feeling she wanted to be alone if she couldn't lock herself in? (Her room was not an option. Not when people would constantly knock on her door. Sometimes she just liked being alone.)

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

✦ ENGLAND, 1889

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas