Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[JRP-FIN] Pride of Place (Iraeneus & Shujaa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:41 am
User Image Another day, another dollar. Another day, another opportunity to practice this belly drum thing all the cubs had gotten into lately. He still hadn't mastered it, but the cubs had unceremoniously informed him that this was probably because his tummy was too fat and therefore it didn't 'echo' as much. Unsurprisingly he had been a touch incredulous at their declaration but after a while, this had turned into amusement. It was true enough that he was a lot bulkier than they were, but fortunately for him, it wasn't because he was fat.

No... He knew what they were getting at, but he also knew that he was hitting the right spot. Luckily, the lion had always been positioned on an area of the borders that was typically quiet and as a consequence he had the perfect opportunity to practice. With the likelihood of visitors slim to none, he was able to roll onto his back upon his favourite rock and begin his initial preparations.

A shuffle here.

A shuffle there.

Finally the lion raised his white paws and began to bop his own sides lightly, until at last he began to hear the familiar 'thump' of a proper drum like the cubs had shown him. Now it was just a question of mastering it and that included getting a unique and impressive beat to go with it. Heh, it was just as well he had hours of time to kill, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:52 am
Something told him that there was someone who needed to be saving here. He didn’t know who, or what just yet, but he would do his best to help out those in need! He reminisced his previous encounters with lions, those who just were so thrilled with his actions. (In reality, Shujaa help had not been warranted, and it had caused more harm than good. Everyone lived in that situation, but let’s just say they were not too happy with Shujaa for interfering.) His stomach rumbled a bit. Maybe he could find a pretty lioness who needed help with a hunt. Then, he could mooch off a meal, and be on his way again.

Hearing the sounds of thumping brought his attention from his stomach, to the air. That was an unusual sign to hear. Shujaa followed the sound, eyeing something big, and white ontop of a rocking. It was that who was making the noise. The tan colored lion’s ears drooped. This was definitely no lady that was on a hunt. Just a male…acting funny.

“What are you doing?” With an eyebrow raised, Shujaa watched the big white lion tap on his stomach.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 am
KasaiLoki

Another visitor? By the gods they were all popping up like daisies lately and the lion was forced to pause his activities. His ears swivelled round and he tilted his head backwards over the ledge to peer more closely at Shujaa - he was unsurprised to see that the foreign lion was a touch confused. Truth be told, Iraeneus probably would have been baffled as well if he saw someone banging on their tummy without context. Regardless, the lion had asked a question of him and Iraeneus provided a mild smile in response.

"Belly drums," he replied sagely and rolled onto his tummy, inspecting the lion from tail to nose. He couldn't quite put his paw on it but there was something a little odd about this one - granted, there were a lot of oddballs out there but this one did pique his interest. Was he a threat, a risk...or just a little weird? Eh, Iraeneus wasn't immediately sure but that was no reason for him to be rude.

"Tryna find my own personal beat, gotta work it out before I take it back to the pride and show those little midgets how it's done," he cooed and allowed his smile to transform into an impish grin. "But I could ask the same of you, you're not from around here, are you?" he hazarded.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 am
Epine de Rose

“Uhmm…okay…” Shujaa blinked. “Isn’t that what…cubs do when their…bored?” Maybe this lion wasn’t all there…Shujaa had met a lion before that still had a cub-like mentality, even though their full mane had already grown in. This white male didn’t appear to be like the other he had met. He was just that bored apparently.

Ah, so it was something that cubs did. Shujaa had been right about that. His eyes looked past the scout, and into the lands. If there were cubs, the likelihood of this being just some more rogue territory was slim. He did not intend to stumble across a pride, but where there was a pride, meant there were ladies right? Shujaa did love the ladies.

“Mmm nope, can’t say that I am. Though, before you get any ideas,” he was sure the lion was thinking them already. Who wouldn’t be, if some random rogue males just waltz into the territory, “I am not here to cause mayhem, or destruction.” Shujaa did not flow that way. But he also didn’t tell the other that he would be looking for a female to help. He’d probably be told that there was no one like that ehre, and he’d be turned away. A quick-witted lie might do.

“I have come from…a far a away place! In hopes to seek these lands…This…is a pride is it not?” His voice was slightly dramatic, nothing out of the norm for Shujaa chatting with another male.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:22 pm
KasaiLoki

There was definitely something not right with this lion, Iraeneus was becoming increasingly more exasperated by his own inability to pinpoint what it was. It didn't appear to be anything specific (as of yet), but his senses were tingling in a manner that send alarm bells clanging in his head. All the more confusing was the fact that Shujaa really didn't seem all that intimidating, nor did he seem like he would be the deliberately vicious sort - all in all, it was a terribly puzzling predicament.

"Hrm," Iraeneus regarded the lion critically, tilting his head to the side before dropping from the rock and padding towards the male. A moment to circle him and then he concluded that the smaller lion really wasn't up to much. However, there was just one thing the white male did need clarify and consequently, Shujaa would soon find himself almost nose to nose with the fluffy, white lion.

"I would have known if you were pursuing destruction, mayhem is a little more complex depending on your definition," he remarked vaguely, his gaze a touch impish. "And yes, this is a pride," he clarified before backing away. Within seconds his expression had transformed into a wistful one and he had deposited himself on his backside in front of the male.

"So, this 'far away place' of yours, where is it?" he enquired conversationally.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:05 am
Epine de Rose

“Hrm?” he mimicked the other lion. Shujaa’s dark eyes watched as the white male began circling. Already, in the younger lions mind, was he formulating the next lie in his head. It was true he didn’t intend to cause any kind of mayhem, though sometimes it just turned out that way.

“…” He was silent, but a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. Excellent, just as he thought. Where there was a pride, it certainly meant females, potentially many females. Shujaa wanted to end this conversation and to go find them, but he somehow needed to be accepted into the pride first. Being conversational with this lion may help him do that.

A slight nose twitch from his question caused the lion to answer quickly. “Oh, it’s probably a place you have never heard of.” Shujaa watched him, sighing at the stare.

“At night, look at the sky for the brightest star. When you find it, follow it for four moon rises until you hit the ocean. There, you can see the tips of the mountains, head that way, it’s quite a journey. Over the mountain peak, is where I hail from.” Hopefully this lion wasn’t a traveler, or else he would know that Shujaa was absolutely bsing him.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 am
KasaiLoki

"Uh huh..." it was a rather ineloquent response for the lion, but it was complimentary to the eyebrow that shot up in response to Shujaa's explanation of his homeland. Iraeneus had heard a lot of nonsense and a lot of truth from wandering rogues and truth be told, Shujaa's description sounded just like what happened when cubs made things up! Alas, it really wasn't for him to judge the lion in relation to his worth - thatwas for his superiors and ultimately the leaders of the pride.

...Even if Iraeneus still didn't trust him in some respects.

"Well, it certainly seems like you travelled a long way," he continued, leaping back into the conversation with a shake of his head. "I'm sure you're very tired by now and would like some rest, no?" he added and canted his head to the side. At this point he trailed off, held his silence for a brief period and then chuckled. "Of course if you want to stay any longer than an evening then you'll need to speak to the elders, let them know your reasons for being here and your intentions... you know?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm
Epine de Rose

“Oh, indeed I have! I am rather tired. Rest sounds wonderful.” Again, Shujaa looked beyond Ireaneus, to the waterhole where sure enough, a few lionesses began to congregate. “Perhaps a drink of water too?” Although, in his mind, he had other intentions.

“…Of course! I wouldn’t think of staying in the lands longer then my welcome. But, alas! Here I thought I was speaking to one of the pride leaders. You look like a strong healthy male, I could definitely see you building up to a leadership position.” Shujaa nodded, trying to bullshit his way through the other by compliments.

Shujaa was obviously much more adept to chatting with the ladies rather than with those of his own gender.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm
KasaiLoki

Iraeneus hadn't thought it possible, but apparently it was, and his eyebrows rose to disappear into the depths of his mane as Shujaa made such a bizarre remark. If he thought Iraeneus was big, just wait until he saw some of the fullfledged hunters that operated within the core of the pride! Iraeneus was definitely not small, in fact, he was about average size for a Pridelander, but the strength and power the hunters exuded left him in the dust when push came to shove. He could protect a border if needed, but nine out of ten times he'd probably get his a** kicked if he challenged a hunter.

...And that included the females. Boy was Shujaa in for a shock if he was seeking easy and demure pickings!

Ah, but it wasn't that Iraeneus was under illusions that the females weren't inclined to be promiscuous when they wanted to be, he just didn't know whether or not the wince worthy chat up lines would work. Yes, it was safe to say that Iraeneus had cottoned on to what Shujaa was after, especially whenever he flicked his gaze to the watering hole. With this in mind, who was Iraeneus to deny Shujaa the attempt at the females? All in all, even from here it could prove quite funny if he got his backside kicked!

"Uh huh," Iraeneus repeated and then promptly shook his head, fighting back the urge to flash an impish smirk at the fellow lion. "Sure, knock yourself out. "Eat, drink, rest and refresh yourself - we don't mind visitors now and again, and if you truly wish for an extended visit then who knows, I may even see you when I'm relieved from my post, no?" he continued jovially and rolled his shoulders in a loose shrug.

"If you hurry through, you may get there just in time for a free meal." he finished, making reference to the kills the Hunters tended to bring in at set periods in the day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:20 pm
Epine de Rose

Shujaa’s ears perked at the mention of a free meal. “Well, you know I wouldn’t want to intrude on a meal gathered for the pride. But, since you mention it…” he walked past the white lion, a smirk wanting to place itself on the maw. In his mind, he had just outwitted the male. He had made up some hogwash story about some pride that never existed, and the lion seemed to believe him! He even took in the stupid story about how the fluffy male should be leader!

If only Shujaa could see through the minds of others, and know tht his truth of the matter was definitely twisted.

“I guess I will see you around…” he didn’t know the other’s name, but he didn’t think about giving his anyways. He would let the ladies hear his precious name before any male.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm
KasaiLoki

"Oh I expect to see you very shortly," Iraeneus replied, an impish twinkle in his eye as he waved the lion on and rolled back onto his back. Resting his paws on his stomach, he closed his eyes for a brief moment before beginning to drum again. Within minutes he was back to what he had been doing previously, humming away as he worked on finding a beat that matched him and would put all the cubs to shame.

However, one thing was certain... the moment he was relieved from his duties he would undoubtably return to the core of the pride and if Shujaa was still there, then he would make sure to introduce himself properly. More importantly, there was a good chance that Iraeneus would let him know that he was on to him as well!

...Now wouldn't that make for an interesting candid camera moment for Shujaa?

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games