[PRP] New Voices (Ohtli & Iraeneus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:12 am
User Image
He had been released from his duties for a while and it was with great pleasure that the lion wandered away from the borders and towards the core of the pride. It had been quite some time since he had been granted such leave and as a consequence, he was rather looking forward to returning. Not only would he be able to see his family, but he would be able to see the familiar and new faces that had crossed over into these lands in recent months. Needless to say that it was rather staggering in relation to the influx of lions into the pride as of late - strange as it might have seemed, the Pridelands seemed to be acting like a magnet and drew in the wandering and the lost.

It was refreshing at least, to have all of these new faces and new life within the pride. They were a breath of fresh air and the vast majority came with invaluable information and ideas - while some were struggling to adapt to the way of life, others took to it like a duck to water. Regardless of their struggles, they had been openly embraced and eventually they would settle once they realised they were within safe territory.

However it was with this in mind that Iraeneus was overwhelmed with a sense of curiosity. In recent weeks he had allowed a number of individuals to cross over the borders into the land with the intention of joining. Had the pridal elders accepted them? More importantly, had they managed to settle in and adapt to their new life, roles and responsibilities? A small part of him hoped that luck would be with him while he was on his travels into the core of the land - perhaps he would bump into one, two, or all of them while he was here.

...Stranger things had happened.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:32 am
Epine de Rose

She had met up with Arun sometime before, to go meet the elders that the one lion that had mentioned a few days before. Both her and Arun were accepted, which made the female happy. That happiness was short lived as she made her way to the large watering hole every morning that most of the other pride members seemed to congregate at. Every morning, before the sun would seek to shine it’s rays down on the earth, Ohtli would sit there, and wait. In her prior lands, the mists would roll off the shores, circling her mind, telling her stories. The land also had mists here, but they were silent. The tickle of voices never etched against her ears, tales had ceased to exist. Life for Ohtli was just as it had been in the Kizingo’zaa lands. No friends, whatsoever.

With a sigh, the dark female had decided not to be at the water hole this particular moment. Why be reminded by her once friends. Her tail dragged on the land. While she seemed upset right now, it would change within a few minutes. Ohtli was always a bubbly character, and wouldn’t let the fact that even these lands did not hold her friends. She just had to make new friends, that was all!

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:49 am
KasaiLoki

Oooh, the gods did like him today! He hadn't travelled for at all before he had been graced with the presence of a familiar face. Well, he didn't know her that well but he did recognise her. Slowly but surely, the chocolate airhead from before was approaching him... she'd been the one who'd asked if she'd have to change her name. Suffice to say that she'd been difficult to forget, oddballs generally were, especially when they had been as bubbly as her. Except this afternoon she was not...well, she just wasn't as bubbly and jovial as he recalled.

His brow lifted and he slowed to a halt as she drew ever closer, regarding the rather deflated body language which concern. Was he to assume that she hadn't been settling in? He knew there were a few that struggled with that sort of thing and she might have been one of them. If that was the case, was it something she was merely confused by, or was it more fundamental than that?

"If you let your tail drag like that it will tangle," he warned her softly and hazarded a smile. "Which, according to my sisters, is something you never want to happen," he added with a small chuckle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 am
Epine de Rose

The sound of the other male brought her from her thoughts, her dark eyes peering up to stare into golden ones. “Hmm?” She hummed, taking a look back at her tail. Sure enough, her cyan colored tail tuft was already snagging leaves, dirt and small twigs. “Oh…oops,” she said, giving a small smile, before lifting her tail off the ground, and giving it a few shakes. Some of the debris fell out of it, but the other she would have to work on later tonight.

“Yeah…that’s not fun.” Ohtli agreed with Iraeneus’ sisters had said. Her head tilted, as a broad smile was brought to her maw. “Hey, you’re that fluffy lion from the other day. The one that was laying comfortably upside down on the rock! I…Iraeneus! That’s it, right?” Ohtli was proud that she managed to remember a name. Usually she was pretty terrible at that kind of detail. Probably the fact he was upside down when they had met made a more defining moment in her mind then other lions. “Whatcha doin’ today?”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:29 am
KasaiLoki

"Visiting family," Iraeneus replied and gave a nod to indicate she had guessed his name correctly. In a pride as big as his, he wouldn't have been surprised if she'd forgotten who he was and nor would he have been offended. It was just something that happened and if you were meant to be a more constant presence in someone's life then they would remember your name eventually, you just had to be patient. "It's my day off so I can slip away from the borders to check in on my parents and siblings," he explained.

There was no use in being secretive here, particularly over something so trivial! It was a well known fact that scouts rotated in and out as an when required, for those who had been absent from the core of the pride for some time, they were often recalled to relax, recuperate and also to discuss anything odd they might have seen during their time guarding the borders. So far, Iraeneus had had little to report, his side of the border had been uneventful and he was very grateful for this indeed.

"You are Ohtli, yes?" he added and motioned to the watering hole in the distance. "You know if you ask some of the brids very nicely they're typically quite good at untangling fur," he advice and winked. "Speaking from experience of course, I used to get horrible tangles in the mane," he confessed dramatically.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 am
Epine de Rose

Parents…siblings…She once had both. Her parents she hadn’t seen since she was an adolescent. Perhaps they knew something was going to happen with their muses, and they high-tailed themselves out of the pride before the harsh reality was taken into place. Her other siblings, well, who knew just exactly where they were. She had never really been close to them to begin with. At a young age she had befriended the mists and that was all she needed. Things changed now though. One day she too would wish to start her own family. Maybe living in the new lands would help her mind calm down, her slightly crazy attitude would simmer.

“I am!” She said happily. “You remembered!” She was just a memorable lioness.

Her eyes drifted towards the watering hole that was being pointed out. It was there where she sat for the last few mornings, waiting for her friends that never came. She spotted an occasional bird there now, flapping their wings, diving in the water. “I’ll have to ask them later! I’d hate for them to help…and then later get tangles back in there!” She said with a matter-of-fact tone.

“Aww!” Ohtli was close enough to lift a paw to Iraeneus’ mane, light touching the locks. “You have so much hair! I bet it was just awful getting tangles out!

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:53 pm
KasaiLoki

"You're not an easy lioness to forget," Iraeneus responded with a sheepish smile. He'd always been the honest sort and every now and then he could stumble upon his words to the extent that he sounded a little more 'offensive' than he intended. He meant no harm by it of course, but sometimes the truth could come out in awkward ways. As it was Ohtli was a rather unique lioness in comparison to the other females in the pride, she was more colourful and quirky...both in word choice and mannerisms.

"It's nice to see that you're doing well, I trust you're enjoying yourself?" he continued amicably and released a small chuckle. Regardless of how she might have been, all signs pointed towards a happy or at least optimistic creature. Suffice to say that Ohtli appeared to be the sort of lioness who often had her heads in the clouds but didn't have a bad bone in her body - troubling qualities in the wrong circumstances but endearing ones elsewhere.

"As for the birds, a great many of them enjoy projects so I can't say they would reject your request even if they did have to redo it," he added after a few moments of consideration. "But my fur doesn't tangle too badly, it usually just gets very, very dusty," he said with an impish grin.

"Sometimes I get so dusty I'm the same colour as you!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 pm
Epine de Rose

Ohtli giggled when he mentioned that she was not a forgettable lioness. It wasn’t like she tried to be unforgettable, it just worked that way. Perhaps if she was on the ‘normal’ side, she would be just like any other lioness that roamed the lands. But the fact of the matter that Ohtli wasn’t like any other lioness, at least, not in this pride.

Her paws dropped to the ground again. “I am! I like it here. My friends haven’t come this way, but there are so many lions here that are all friendly! One day I will befriend one of them!” She nodded excitedly. She had only been in the pride for a little bit, and the time she had spent there was always at the waterhole, waiting for the mists to lightly roll over the land. She would wait for their whispers that never came.

“Are you enjoying yourself today?” she grinned, rubbing against the male affectionately, an act she always did to those she trusted.

“Nu-uh! Really?” Ohtli looked at her dark pelt, to his white pelt, then to her dark pelt again. “How do you do that? I bet it takes weeks to get you so bright again!”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm
KasaiLoki

[[Lol okay, long story short. New job. Had to relocate. Vanished off face of earth. So freaking sorry this took so long to tag.]]

"I'm not your friend?" Iraeneus enquired gently, feigning sadness as she mentioned that she hadn't yet befriended anyone. Truth be told, he wasn't genuinely upset, but it never hurt to jest every now and again - particularly whenever he was one of the more sociable lions within the pride! To reinforce this, his sad expression soon transformed into one of mischief and he nudged the lioness gently in reply to her affectionate rub. She was an oddball, but as he had assumed upon their very first encounter, she was also utterly harmless.

"Strangely enough I am enjoying myself today and to think it just got better, I bumped in to you!" he replied merrily and raised a paw, pointing it at Ohtli with a small chuckle. "You definitely know how to make a day interesting," he continued and stuck out his tongue. It was at this point that he pondered over her query about his pelt and gave it some thorough consideration - how long did it take him to get completely clean again.

"Forever and a day, is how long it takes me to get clean," he said at last, his expression grave. "Which was why my mother always chucked me in the watering hole, I could never stay out of the mud," he confessed grimly. "She scrubbed behind my ears so much they were raw!"

"But I never did ask about your friends," he switched topics and tilted his head to the side, "How did you get separated from them and do you know their names? Normally there are ways to track them down if you happen to have those details, you know?"

...Ah, but if only he knew who her friends really were.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm
Epine de Rose

How could she not consider this male a friend! Here she was, talking about befriending other lions, when there was one right in front of her face! She couldn’t tell the difference from those acting sad and others truly being sad, so she figured he wasn’t happy!

“Oh no!” Ohtli exclaimed. “You are! I mean…at least I consider you one that is!” She tried to think quickly, but Ohtli was rather terrible at doing so. “Uhm…At least, I think we are?”

At his nudge, she couldn’t help but squeal.

“Yay!” The dark red lioness found it great to make other’s day. While her life may hold some dismay, it made her proud to know she could turn her sadness into other’s happiness.

“That is quite a long time!” She stated, sounding quite intrigued. While others would see it as sarcastic, Ohtli was far from the sort. The lioness couldn’t help but giggle as the other mentioned about being tossed in the water hole. She heard of parents being fussy about clean cubs; hers never was. In fact, she was sure some parents in her old pride appreciated the mud covered cubs. It had something to do with their muses.

At his next question she thought carefully. “Uhm…They just…upped and disappeared from me one day. I use to talk to them by the lake in my old pride….but haven’t seem to find them again.” She had seen morning mists in a lot of places, but none that ever talked to her. Their names though…

”I never did ask for their names…but they always knew mine.” She didn’t think it strange. She turned a pair of dark eyes towards the male.

“Does that make me a bad friend then?” She asked sadly. What kind of friend didn’t know the names of others?

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:44 am
KasaiLoki

Iraeneus was no expert on the minds of others and he was fairly certain that to some extent, what Ohtli described wasn't quite right. That being said, he couldn't quite put his paw on why that was and as a consequence it was easier for him to cast the issue to one side. There were eccentric individuals all over the place and some of them were even in the Pridelands, Ohtli wasn't so different in that respect - who was he to judge her based on that?

Nevertheless, he did take note that she wasn't entirely aware of humour and sarcasm as she seemed to take his feigned sadness a little too seriously. It was something he would have to make note of and gently coax her introduce her to it. Goodness knew there would be plenty of individuals who dripped sarcasm and he would sooner she didn't take everything literally. Awkwardness was never fun, at least in his experience it wasn't... It was for this reason that he chuckled and quickly shook his head, lifting a paw as if to temper her words.

"I was joking, of course we're friends," he pointed out and tilted his head to the side. It was at this point that he absorbed her mention of her old pride more fully and pursed his lips. True enough, he had never actually asked her about her pride at all when she had come, he'd merely accepted her presence and desire to find a new home.

"I don't think it makes you a bad friend," he said finally, seemingly after some consideration. "Sometimes you don't need to know a person's name, it's more about the feeling they give you when you speak to them," he continued. Granted he wasn't entirely sure how he would personally survive without knowing a friend's name, but stranger things had happened and he was sure that there were others who could manage just as she had.

"I never did ask you about your old pride... WHat was it like?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm
Epine de Rose

Ohtli couldn’t help but breathe a sigh of relief. “Oh…good!” She liked having friends. She was finding it better to have real ones, rather than the ones she thought she had that dwelled in the morning sea mists.

She nodded a bit, trying to find reassurance in her words, but something still tugged at her heart. If she was a better friend, she would know. Though, in reality it wasn’t her fault. If any normal lion not plagued with the curse had seen the pride, they would have all thought the lions there were crazy. Other pride members would consider it normal to speak to the muses from natures.

Though, if there was one thing that Ohtli didn’t want to talk about, it was her old pride. It just wasn’t the same anymore. She shook her head at his question. “It was nice…” It was all she elaborated on it. Maybe inwardly she was a bit bitter about how the mists just upped and stopped talking. She would never dare say it, nor would she likely know about it if that was the case, but her heart could feel it.

“I should go…” Ohtli said quietly, giving Iraeneus a quick smile. “I’ll see you around again…right?” She seemed to ask this question a lot lately. She didn’t want her new friends upping and leaving her too.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 pm
KasaiLoki

It didn't take a genius to realise that there were some things that the young lioness was hiding. Whatever they might be, it wasn't his business to pry, especially when they brought discomfort. It was for this reason that he allowed her vague reply to pass by without further question and instead, he gave a nod of acceptance instead. Perhaps in time she may wish to speak about her experiences with her former pride, but for the time being, her secrets could remain her own... Nice as it might have been, she had left for a reason.

Nevertheless, she seemed to have things to do and at her remark that she needed to take her leave, he glanced upwards and then gave another nod. It wasn't as if he could demand she stay and even then, what on earth would he do to entertain her? When it came to that sort of thing he really needed to give it some additional thought - this was probably why he didn't entertain anyone very often.

...Suffice to say, that was his family's job!

"Of course you'll see me!" he reassured her with a chuckle. "I'll be right where you found me the last time, slumped on some rock with my tongue hanging out," he remarked with a wink. It may have sounded like a joke, but most would realise he was telling the truth. "Enjoy the rest of your day, all right?"

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games