Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandashroom Pogeys
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 pm
RP Plot

Katarina was a constantly growing port city that was the hub of civilization in the Zatao region. The newest addition to this city's list of attractions was a museum featuring rare fossils and rocks.

Many gathered to browse through the ancient fossils of their pokemon's ancestors. However, the main point of interest was not in the rare pokemon fossils. A majority of the visitors came to catch a glimpse at the rock that is rumored to be a sleeping Jirachi. The rock was originally excavated from the Unova region and later brought to Zatao to attract interest to the new museum branch.

After catching a quick glimpse of the unmoving rock, many left. A sleeping legendary was more boring than most expected. It was...just a rock. Many even claimed the museum was ripping them off because how could a rock ever turn into a Jirachi? It didn't even look like one!

But one day, almost out of the blue, a mist spread out from the museum and soon engulfed Katarina. Perhaps something had awoken the sleeping Jirachi. Where else could this mysterious mist have come from? Every human caught up in the mist seems to have just disappeared - although the pokemon remained unaffected. The bustling city of Katarina turned dead silent besides the howl of lonely pokemon searching for their lost human friends. The mist continues to obscure all attempts at entering and leaving the city - just as someone or something tries to enter through the mist, they find themselves walking in circles back to their original location.

Roughly a day after the initial expansion of the mist, a large mansion appeared in place of the museum. Some pokemon, feeling a vague trace of their trainers inside, disappeared to explore the new location. None have returned.

The main question everyone is wondering of course is: where is your character?

They are on the verge of existing yet not existing. Their very existence is quickly fading. The mist does not seem to approve of their existence, but the human will has proven very difficult to get rid of. To survive, it has found refuge in a realm quite close to the physical one, yet quite different.

The dream world.

Your character wakes up on an island of clouds and is wondering, just like you, what the heck just happened. Most only remember seeing a heavy mist envelop them before fading into unconsciousness. Curious, your characters may investigate their surroundings only to find that they are walking on clouds that are somehow solid enough to carry your weight. They don't quite want to question how THAT works as long as it keeps working.

There are several other characters scattered about the island. Some are still sleeping and some have woken up looking just as confused as your character is. There is also a sizable cottage in the far side of the island but the door is locked and the blinds are shut. No one seems to be home.

This is where your adventure begins.

How do Extrasensory RP Events work?
We will basically all be posting in a large thread together. There may be over 10 people posting at once and there will NOT be any posting order. It's a great chance for your character to interact with other characters. You will most often be assigned suggested groups to RP together with so that you won't get drowned out in posts - you can mostly pay attention to your fellow group members. A staff member (most likely FFN) will, in varying intervals, post prompt-like posts that will direct the RP plot and your characters will react to the changes and can give their own input.

On random occasions, most often during metaplot hours, some pokemon may appear in the plot and you will have the option of throwing a pokeball to catch the pokemon (I will indicate when you may throw a pokeball). All you have to do is type a short RP response of your character throwing a pokeball and then post this code:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/SpectralDagger/Safariball.jpg[/img][color=green]
[size=24]GO POKEBALL![/size][/color]

Just remember, you can only catch ONE pokemon during the whole RP event. This does not include the legendary at the end though. More rare pokemon are also probably going to be based on quick RP prompts which you will have slightly more time to prepare a response to.

THE RP METAPLOT HOURS ARE
Sunday October 23rd: 5-7 PM EST OR 10-12 PM EST (Attend only one)
Monday-Thursday October 24th - 27th:
- Not mandatory but highly suggested RP - Hours are MUCH more loose (just drop in between 6-11 PM EST). More info about this will be posted on Sunday
Friday October 28th:
5-7 PM EST OR 9:30 - 11:30 PM EST (Attend only one)

When you sign up, you are committing to attending at least one of the Sunday + Friday mandatory RP hours.

YOU DO NOT NEED A POKEMON TO ATTEND  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:50 pm
More info will be provided in the real RP event thread. This is just the sign-up thread <3

Basic Sign-Up Rules

o One character per person
o Characters that already own a pokemon can bring a max of 2 pokemon with them
o You are in the dream world when you first start - your pokemon are not with you
o Newbies will get a rental pokemon of either a zubat or rattata. You will not get either until the second day of the RP event so don't RP as if you have one or have ever had one. They are new pokemon you will just randomly find and team up with and will probably disappear after the RP event.
o Wild pokemon CAN NOT sign up, sorry! :C

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Trainer Name:[/b]
[b]Trainer Profession:[/b]
[b]Pokemon owned:[/b] Please include cert + specialty (battle/companion/show)
[b]Rental Pokemon Choice:[/b] Rattata or Zubat; only choose if you/your trainer do not own any pokemon
[b]Metaplot hours:[/b] Will you attend 5-7 PM EST or 10-12 PM EST for sunday? 5-7 PM EST or 9:30-11:30 PM EST for Friday?

FireFoxNinetails
Captain

Friendly Phantom

Pandashroom Pogeys
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:59 pm
Herpderp, I need a fancy title for this event...eventually rofl

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED A JOURNAL TO SIGN UP K  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:26 pm
Username: NaomiNaomi.
Trainer Name: Mei-Zhan Hai/Grunt Cetus - Journal.
Trainer Profession: Coordinator/Galactic Grunt.
Pokemon owned: Menkar (to be recerted) - Companion, Mira (to be recerted) - Show.
Rental Pokemon Choice: --.
Metaplot hours: Available both times for Sunday and Friday.  

radish
Crew

Ladykiller

musicaloner7
Crew

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Username: musicaloner7
Trainer Name: Sabre
Trainer Profession: Breeder/Traveler
Pokemon owned: Here. Companion.
Metaplot hours: I can attend anytime.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:04 pm
Username: JessicaH123
Trainer Name: Natalie
Trainer Profession: Coordinator/Trainer
Pokemon owned: None
Rental Pokemon Choice: Rattata
Metaplot hours: Available for both times on Sunday and Friday  

BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG

Questionable Husband

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:15 pm
Username: Bouncy_Pineapple
Trainer Name: Nyla (formerly Piney but I'm changing her name if that's alright?)
Trainer Profession: Police Officer
Pokemon owned: Daybreak (Battle) and Era (Battle)
Rental Pokemon Choice: ---
Metaplot hours: Anytime is good  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Username: Adona Benedicta
Trainer Name: Noah Darling
Trainer Profession: Breeder
Pokemon owned: Reno, a Companion Pokemon
Rental Pokemon Choice: N/A
Metaplot hours: For Sunday, I'm going to attend the 10-12pm session. For Friday, I'm going to attend the 9:30-11:30PM session. However, for both of these, I may arrive late unless I have those days off. The downside of being a closer is I don't get out until 9:30, so I won't get home until close to 10:30. :c  

Adona Benedicta

6,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Rueka

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:00 pm
Username: Rueka
Trainer Name: Nina
Trainer Profession: Trainer/Traveler
Rental Pokemon Choice: Zubat
Metaplot hours:10-12pm for Sunday, 9:30-11:30pm for Friday. If I did the calculations right, I should be out of school in time for both. I can't guarantee that I won't have plans, though, but we'll see what happens.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:17 pm
Username: Bluedemonwolf
Trainer Name: Alexa
Trainer Profession: Fire Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon owned: Vincent (battle) and Apolla (companion)
Rental Pokemon Choice:
Metaplot hours: 10-12 PM EST for sunday; 9:30-11:30 PM EST for Friday
I should be out of work for each but I may be late. Depends on my work schedule.  

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:17 pm
Username: Named Wanderlust
Trainer Name: Dragon
Trainer Profession: Trainer/Watcher
Rental Pokemon Choice: Zubat
Metaplot hours: I'm going to try for 10-midnight on Sunday, and 5-7pm on Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 pm
Username: Ryuukishin
Trainer Name: Genesis
Trainer Profession: Rocket Grunt
Pokemon owned: Erebos (Companion)
Rental Pokemon Choice: N/A
Metaplot hours: Most likely 5-7 PM EST (2-4 PM PST) 10-12 PM EST (7-9 PM PST) for Sunday (sorry for the time change; unexpected plans came up OTL) and 9:30-11:30 PM EST (6:30-8:30 PM PST) for Friday.

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:58 am
Username: StarrySeas