[PRP] Where the Wind Goes [Rakesh / Alunta]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:35 pm
User ImageNearly hidden by the tall grasses they were collapsed in, two very blue shapes could just be made out between the blades. Though they were completely still, they were obviously alive as the steady rise of their bellies spoke of slumber. The larger, gently snoring form almost completely hid the smaller one, curled up against the bigger one's stomach. The little head was tucked away underneath a front leg of the larger. A slight breeze was blowing, ruffling what appeared to be a mane on the neck of the larger form, indicating this to be a lion. As the breeze picked up in strength for a few minutes, the smaller form stirred just enough for a small cub's form to be recognizable. It broke off from the larger one, wiggling its way free from under the front legs carefully.

Alunta gave herself a shake, turning her small head to look at her father. For a moment, she debated snuggling back up to his fluffy mane and going back to sleep, but seemed to quickly decide against that.

"I've slept enough," the little form told herself, lifting her head up like she was defying herself. With a sniff of her nose and a flick of her tail, she turned in a promising direction and trotted off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:30 pm
User Image

He had gone out scouting the surrounding areas and stuck close to the tall grass, his ears perking up to the slightest of sounds. He was looking for anything out of the ordinary so he might be able to report something to his pack. The sun wasn't at its apex point yet so it wasn't as hot but it was decently warm. He sniffed and a strange unknown smell entered his nose, hackles rose, was this a threat?

Striking out after the smell he kept low, whatever it was he didn't want to spook it just yet as he was not with a hunting party. Were it to be big prey he could take it down but he could get seriously hurt and that's not what he wanted. However as he got closer he could see colors.

"Hello?" the male's voice was strong.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:20 pm
Looking back a few times as she made her not-so-silent way away from the larger lion, Alunta managed to get far enough away that she couldn't smell Kavuk's scent anymore. This didn't mean he couldn't smell her when he awoke and saw her gone. The thought didn't bother the cub much. One couldn't expect someone so young to sit still for hours on end. He should have known she'd take off eventually. This wasn't the first time, after all.

Giggling to herself, Alunta leaped through a tall tangle of grass, landing easily on the other side among a few curious holes in the ground. Pawing at one, she peered inside with one eye and saw nothing but darkness.

That was when a sound reached her ears. Jumping up a little on the spot, the lion scurried to the safety of the grass in fright. But mostly from being startled. When nothing came pounding after her, Alunta peered out between two thick stocks of grass.

"Who's there?" she called back, curling her tail protectively close to her body.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm
"Come out and show yourself." He drew to his full height, the voice was small so he didn't expect it to come out and attack him, then again underestimating his foe could potentially be his downfall. "I'm not going to hurt you." He added.

The tall stalks parted before him as he pushed them away with his paws. He dropped his tail to show he wasn't a threat.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am
Alunta instinctively jumped back out of the way, half expecting an attack on her tiny self despite the lack of a threatening voice. When it didn't come, she moved forward once more, sticking her head out from between the grass shoots. Behind her, her tail was kept close to her body, barely moving when she was still. After a moment's pause, her head disappeared. The sound of grass shuffling out of the way could be heard, moving to the side as the cub made her way slowly through the tall grass. She burst out on the wild dog's side, instantly facing him and taking a rigid posture.

Wild dogs were not something she was accustomed to. She was all too trusting of other lions, but this creature was something differently entirely. The cub had heard, and seen, Hyena's often enough. They liked to steal the food from under her family's nose and generally cause misfortune on them,

"You better not," Alunta retorted, trying to put a bit of a threat behind her words. It came out more as a squeak. "My daddy's not too far away."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:10 pm
He gave her a strange look. He was pretty good with kids, but this was an awkward moment. She had threatened him. What did he look like a cub napper? "I swear I'm not going to hurt you. My pride wouldn't like that and nor would I. If anything I help others be reunited. If I can." Rakesh added, "Name's Laughingmoon, but you might be better off with my other name if that's too much for you, Rakesh." He put his paw out, "I promise I won't hurt you. Just scouting and looking around."

What an adorable little lioness. Her father seemed to have a handful. "Why'd you run off from your dad is my question. Even if he's close don't you think he's worried about you?"

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:41 pm
Alunta listened to the other with her ears perked forwards. He didn't seem like a threat. Nor sounded like one. She supposed she could let her guard down. Just because he was a canine like the Hyena, didn't mean he was like one. Just like she wasn't that similar to a leopard, despite them both being felines. She heard they were more solitary creatures than lions. She couldn't imagine being alone all the time. Already she was missing her mother and siblings.

The cub decided to sit down, curling her tail around one hind leg. She lifted one paw to bump against the wild dog's in a greeting. A small smile was quickly forming across her lips.

"Not as long as mine. Alunta'itetsyƬp. But I prefer the first part. Easier to say." She twitched her nose, giving a little sneeze. The long grass always tickled her nose. She could still feel it. "He's still asleep. And I stay in earshot. What pride are you from? We're looking for one with mostly blue lions."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 pm
He laughed, the sound dancing. "I can see that. Its nice to meet you Alunta. I haven't seen many of your kind lately. Only my own. I'm further out from my scouting route than usual." Then the male shook his head. "I live in a pack of others like me. No lions, sorry. I don't know of any prides with blue lions, but I'll keep my eyes out."

She was just the most adorable little girl he'd ever seen. He didn't realize he enjoyed her company so much even if it was a short time he had known her. Maybe he'd be a good father if he were to have young ones. "As long as your father is close. What about your mother?"

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:42 pm
The little blue cub laughed along with him, always getting caught up in the happiness of another. The carefree days of a cub are surely the best years of a lion's life.

"Nice to meet you, too," Alunta copied, figuring if he was saying it, it was a good thing to say to a stranger. She was deciding she liked Wild Dogs. Hyena's were another story, but this one was nice. And didn't seem eager to steal her food. Not that she had any.

Her ears perked forward at the mention of her own kind. "No lions around here?" she asked, cocking her head to one side and drumming the tip of her tail on the ground. Now that he brought it up, she hadn't smelled any around since she woke up just a while ago. "Daddy and I are just passing through. We left Momma behind. They had a fight." That was the most of the situation Alunta's little cub mind could comprehend. Sometimes fights broke two animals apart. This she knew.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:46 pm
Hoshi Lockhart
Didn't know if you wanted to continue so I did a closed off post to complete this.

What a curious cub she was, the male thought to himself. "No. No lions around here." He responded, "You are the first to have wandered into the area and actually you are my first lioness I have ever met." He got low to the ground so that he was not standing over her. She was much smaller than him and well looking up so high probably wasn't very fun, he wouldn't stay much longer but he wanted to give her some reassurance.

"Oh no. I am so sorry little one. Fighting between parents is never fun." Not that he knew much about that, his family was quite alright. "I'm sure they will figure things out and come back together." Hopefully that would reassure the small female. He grinned at her. "Though I must be getting back to my task." As he stood up and shook himself off. "Don't be out here alone little one. Head back to your father and take care alright?"

Before he headed out he gave her a gentle nuzzle of someone who cared about her. She may not even be a Wild Dog but she was a youngling and had a full future ahead of her. With that last goodbye he took off to get back to his duties.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces