Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Hivestuck
=>[INFO/HELP]Confusion Resolution Booth & Welcoming Station Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:46 pm
If you haven't joined our discord, and wish to stay in the Hivestuck community or want to join it in the future, please do and read the #state-of-hivestuck channel. We've got some very very large changes we're making/have been making over the last few months, that aren't going to be discussed on gaia.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 pm
Errr is event points store somewhere, or do we have to store it somewhere (in case there isn't any storage for event points, and you guys may forget) ?

All the points are recorded and stored in the staff section. If you're curious, you can PM the mule to get your current point amount!

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:04 am
hey! quick question:
can we buy trolls with EP and gold? or is it limited to one or the other?

Since they're two different systems, you're limited only one or the other right now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:04 am
QUESTION TIME emotion_kirakira

since this is kinda relevant to Frossa, how do we tell when someone is higher/lower blood caste than your troll when the colours kinda get close?
i know the front page has the kids organized by blood colour, so just that orrrr.... :3 (i'm assuming you would choose who ranks over who exactly...?)

also what exactly is hivestuck's caste system, or is it kinda lax? i ask because i've been seeing quests for colours like cerulean and indigo (which i just thought was high blue but i could be wrong and it's its own caste?) so I was just trying to place them :33 the internet keeps giving me different answers for this so whatever straight from the sourceeeee

i'd check front page, that's how i put 'em in order. uh, i'd say that once they get close enough to each other to be pretty indistinguishable, they're on the same level, if one is higher though then it's good to treat that troll a little more nicely? if you're into the caste system, i mean.  

melona-pan
Crew

Cute Cultist

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 pm
Okay. So i won the orangeblood troll. I need to set up a quest thread for it, right (in three weeks, or it'll be rehomed) ?

After i'm done, do i need to notify the staff, or they'll go check in? Can i get the winning troll art (just to describe the troll's appearance)? And does she (my winning troll) come with a sign i need to think again, or does she already has her own?

:0 Sorry for the lots of questions, since i don't have much time to see the troll preview *v*

yup, quest thread needs to be set up in three weeks. when you're ready for staff crit, post in the '=>Submit troll for review/acceptance.' thread, and she does have a sign. i will get you her official image in a ticky-boo!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:00 pm
Back with another question *u*

Is there some sort of currency, here in Hivestuck? :0 Or do they get items by trading them with other things?

For ex; me and my troll friend is roleplaying in... Let's just say my troll is purchasing something from the shop. Now, the question is; what does she pays it with? Could trolls use currency here, or trading items?

Thank you, have a good day C:

Money is an in-character thing only, your troll has as much as you want them to, whenever nessecary. While rural trolls might easily trade each other for things they need, in shops in a city, trolls use a currency called beetles, which is perfectly descriptive of what they are.

- h a b i b a t i -

Codebreaking Nerd

6,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:22 pm
I have some sort of random questions that probably wont matter here for a while, but am still curious about :B

1. When trolls mature and are conscripted into the army for galactic conquest stuff, do their lusus go with them?

2. Do trolls that leave the planet and are in the army remain traveling and conquering out in space for good, or does it kind of work like some human armies where soldiers are rotated?

1. it depends on what your troll and lusus decide, while a more cowardly or distant lusus might remain on the planet, an overbearing or deeply attached one might come along. the starships are massive, so any lusus smaller than a blue whale would fit comfortably.

2. when your troll is in the army, they will have their official home and station on a starship, which are designed to be able to comfortably support trolls on long trips away from the planet. think floating enclosed city that also happens to contain several fleets of warships. however, since the army has had to pull back drastically at the start of the shop's story, all the ships are currently stationed less than a day's travel from the planet, and soldiers can apply for ground leave if there are no current military missions happening.

this info will all be written up and readily accessible in the forums by the time trolls begin to age up. :>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:22 pm
I think I answered my own original question! Ahah, yay for friends blowing your mind and confusing you! So never mind, but still thank you. > A>;

best question ever emotion_yatta

S a l l y S h e e p

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 am
I hope this isn't a totally dumb question, but what do trolls eat? I've seen that they can grow produce, and I know some hunt their food. I know the Alternian wilds are full of weird (edible?) monsters :B Do the cities have any version of troll fast food or junk food? I'm assuming yes, I just haven't found much on it and want to make sure.

I never realized until very recently that trolls are completely nocturnal (herpderp). Can they survive at all in sunlight, or will they die pretty quickly? I know it can blind them, I was just curious if it's also super hot.

Since this store is building on a world that is heavily lacking in detail in some parts, we've decided to embrace the time honoured tradition of making s**t up. There are now troll fast-food joints. You can make up a name. smile

Trolls can potential survive in the sun, it isn't going to melt them as that would reduce alternia to a bubbling field of slag every day. However looking at it will blind them yes, and the day is when all sorts of monsters come out, like the walking dead. While the sun won't kill them, being out during the day might.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:43 pm
Hooray for making s**t up XDDD I have yet another inquiry...I was wondering if trolls have anything like hospitals/doctor trolls or whatever. I can imagine highbloods are fairly well taken care of, but do lower castes have anywhere to go if they are brutally injured, or do they generally just nurse themselves back to health/rely on their lusus for care? thanks c:  

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

kamileunaire

Floppy Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:11 am
I was just curious if solo RPs or journal-type stuff can be counted towards a troll's growth requirements as long as they're over 500 word count?

thank you.

Replying to this and the previous one, I'd say the idea of hospitals are pretty foreign to troll culture. If a troll did decide to take up nursing injured/sick trolls, they would probably be making house calls, and be considered a bit of a weirdo by everyone else. So yeah, most trolls would deal with injuries by themselves and with their lusus as support.

And there are no solo rp requirements, but also no reward for solos. If you want to write them, they are for your enjoyment solely.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 am
haha! new question!:
how far are each of the cities away from each other? all we know so far is that chittentown and the four fronds are far aways from each other.

walking on roads, the cities are around one days forced march in clear weather apart from each other. taking a train, they are probably 2-3h away from each other.  

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Red Th0rn

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 am
I have a question regarding troll culture: do you think they have a "day-life" the way we have a "night-life"?

Nope. While night on earth just makes things a bit darker - 'night' on Alternia is dangerous! First off is their blinding sun, I doubt trolls would risk loosing their sigh to go out partying, not to mention the dead rise and walk the planet during those hours. That said, I'm sure a few trolls stay up late in the day, but in the safety of their homes (with heavy window blinds).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:08 pm
derrrrr idk where else to put this so ill just ask here XD

i TOTALLY just noticed this now (/SLOW) that on magild's cert and journal, it says "Maglid" but her name is Magild journal / Cert

any chance i could get that fixed? xD

/facepalms quietly and hurries off to fix  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Hivestuck

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items