Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Sand, sand, and more sand! (Vincenzo/Priya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm
User Image

The comfort of night soon faded to day, and as much as he wanted to hide beneath the sand, he knew he had to keep walking for Priya's sake. It was for her that he held his head high when his eyes cried because of sand irritation. It was for her sake that he continously looked back to check on her with a smile, even if he didn't feel it. It was for her sake that he was trying to find a better place to die.

"So...you never told me why you were out here." Awkward as it was to say, he knew she wasn't out in this s**t hole because she wanted a change in scenary. "What could be that important that you would risk your life?" Vincenzo couldn't wrap his mind around that. It just didn't make sense to him why anyone, let alone Priya, would come here willingly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:43 am
User Image

She didn’t know how much longer she could last. The sand was blistering against her feet, her face was continuously getting stung by the blowing sands, and the sun was bearing down on her back. Her gaze too was blurry from the strain of the light and repeatedly she had to stop and close her eyes in order to wish away the illusions cast by the desert. If she wasn’t so embarrassed from her reaction meeting Vincenzo and if she wasn’t so stubborn about her pride the lioness would have flung herself against him in tears as each mirage messed with her.

Listening to him Priya nearly stumbled at his comment. What? Would he really ask about that here? Now? The lioness sighed under her breath before pulling out some spunk of her own, “Do I have to tell you my reasons? You never even told me why you were out here in the first place!” Still she let out a soft laughter full of bitter amusement. “Funny story for me though. I thought someone might be stolen and hurting so I wanted to come out here to find him to save him from whatever it was that had made him disappear in the first place.” And now they both were out here together. Him helping her and her struggling to keep alive and stay alongside of him in this hellish place. And she still didn’t know why he had left their home in the first place.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:04 pm
Vincenzo rolled his eyes with a grin. There was his Priya. "I was wondering when you were going to chew me out," he murmured to himself. She'd seemed to weak during their first meeting, but he had placed that on the circumstances and it turned out that he was right. If she had enough spunk to throw some sass at him, then she was going to be just fine.

"You mean me, don't you?" He looked sheepishly back at him, one ear down and the other at an angle. "It's....a long story that doesn't really mean anything other than I'm okay and you're really stupid for coming out here. Don't get me wrong, it was really sweet of you, but seriously? Priya, you could have been killed! Or worse."

So that was it. All this walking in the sun and sand, under the stressful enviroment, just to find him. Jeez, if that didn't make a guy feel bad, he didn't know what would. Was she alone? Was there a group? Vincenzo doubted the last, but surely she wouldn't have come alone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:48 pm

“Hmph.” The female tossed her head angrily away from him. Though the motion immediately made her seasick –or rather sand sick- and the lioness stumbled. Wincing the lioness gripped her claws into the stinging sand and straightened herself. That was close. If she hadn’t managed to catch herself well she would have leaned on him again. And in this circumstances neither could really support the other. Both of them were way too weak.

Her gaze was sharp as she looked back at him, “You?” She shook her head, “Vain aren’t you? Who said I was looking for you, Vincenzo? It could have been anyone.” She didn’t know whether to be touched by his concern or a bit peeved at being called stupid. It wasn’t like she knew it would be like this out here. Sniffling quietly the lioness turned her gaze away before stomping off away from the male. Why did it have to be him anyway? It wasn’t like he was that important to her. Well maybe her heart clenched a little at the thought, but it was worry! Just plain worry. Right? And she would never, never ever admit to him that he was the reason for her being out here. Maybe it was obvious but still.

She just wouldn’t.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:17 am
Vincenzo didn't hide the fact that when Priya started to weeble-wobble he made a move for her side, only to pull back at the last moment. He wouldn't have minded if she leaned on him, or he could carry her if she'd prefer, but he knew she wouldn't give in that easily. For all her virtues, the girl could be stubborn as an ox some days.

"Anyone?" He gave her the 'oh really?' look. Try as he might to look completely put out by her statements, his legs were weak and were visibly straining to keep him up, so he decided to start moving again. The one thing his father had taught him before the split was that when you felt like giving in to death, you had to make it hard for him to catch you. Otherwise, it just wouldn't be fair to anyone.

He let her pass him, and was completely content with watching the sway of her hips. "So, let me get this straight. You came out here for someone, who isn't me, and you still have yet to find them? s**t, Priya, you really suck at tracking." He laughed with a shake of his head. "I guess you'll just have to suffer my company until we can find someone to give you directions." What would she say then, hmm? Would she deny it when faced with a stranger's eye?

He so wanted to see her face when it happened.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 am

Priya gritted her teeth to stay upright. There was no way that she was going to let herself look the fool. And she would never admit to being that type that needed the strong male to support her. Hah! The thought of just flailing around irked her. Maybe it was because had she not run into earlier the lioness had the vague sensation that her body would already be lying limp on some pile of sand. The thought sent a shiver down her spine.

“Yes.” Priya tilted her head towards the sky with a proud look, “See? You already are doubting the fact that you aren’t the only one out here. Jeesh, Vincenzo. I’ll have you know that there are many who are dear to me or that I’m dear to them.” Well maybe not the part about her holding them dear. Jeesh! Like she would let him hear that from her…the lioness felt her cheeks flush and she turned away again. “Like I can track in this place.” She shook her head, “These stupid sands ruin everything.”

She froze for a visible second at his suggestion before pointedly moving on, “Oooh look. That sand dune looks different.”

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 am
"Seriously?" That proud little chit. "The sand hasn't ruined a damn thing. Plus, who out here besides me do you know? That snake we passed a mile back? Should I go find him so that you can confess your undying love to him, and run off into the merry sunset to die together?"

s**t.

He hadn't meant to say it like that, and his cheeks burn from embarrassment. Desert life really wasn't his forte. "Just tell me who you're looking for, and I'll help you find them." He prompted. If she refused to respond, he would know for a fact that it was him, and if not....well, his ego would suffer, but at least he'd know. "Family? A friend? A lover?" He waggled his eyebrows.

Vincenzo stopped and looked at said sand dune, "Hey, it does, doesn't it? And did you see that? I swear I saw someone moving."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Priya nearly stumbled at his reply before looking back at him. “Maybe I do!” She called back before turning away before he could see the tears building in her eyes. Curse him! What a jerk! Why the heck was she out here in the first place? Pushing past her hurt and the sudden burst of tears burning in her gaze the lioness tried to focus on that small spark of anger instead. “Not like you care who I run off into the distance with…” Muttering beneath her breath the lioness jumped over a stone and stumbled ahead.

“You-“ At his prompting Priya turned around to look at him, “Really, Vincenzo? Really?” She didn’t want him to see her tears and so the lioness turned away and started to move quickly towards the new sight. “Maybe they are Vincenzo!” A flicker of a smile crossed her face and she started to run towards the sand dune. Was it possible? Or was it another mirage? The thought made her stumble in hesitation. Could it be another trick of the mind? Her heart clenched at the thought.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 pm
"Yes, really, Priya." Vincenzo snapped. He ran up ahead of her, ignoring the burning ache it placed in his legs. "What the hell is wrong with you? It's not like we haven't seen each other in years, and when I try to talk to you, you run off!" That idiotic, annoying, arrogant - Grah!

He didn't even hear her last comment because he was too busy fuming. It was the first time in ages that he had actually been seriously pissed, so his emotions were in full control. When she ran at the dune, he followed after her at a tense, agitatated pace and didn't bother to stop and contemplate whether it was real or not.

"Move it or lose it, Priya. You can decide for yourself once you get there," he snapped. Still, even in his anger, his walk was more sultry than anything. It didn't hold the same power that an older, more muscular lion might, nor did it hold the command of a taller lion. It was just...a very peeved Vincenzo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am
“Everything apparently!” Retorted Priya angrily before racing ahead. She didn’t care right now. He could be angry or sad or anything at this moment! Fuming herself the lioness shook her head angrily before passing the sand dune. Stumbling she let out a yelp of surprise before losing her balance. Rolling she squeezed her eyes shut as she rolled over the rough sand and towards a set of rocks.

But what she didn’t know was just beyond the looming rocks was an oasis and there a group of lions belonging to a pride. A pride which was just over the horizon.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm
And then he saw them. A few lions moved in to stop her roll, and to guard her against the rocks. It was something Vincenzo hadn’t expected, so when he pulled up next to them all he could do was stare. Their presence…this heat…the matching jewelry.

“Holy s**t, we’re here.”

(WC: 1921)  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces