Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The bond of common interests (Silas and Cadhla) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:22 am
Cad chuckled lightly. "Don't worry Rose.." He urged her gently i hopes that she wouldn't just dash back off.

Roselyn seemed to peer at Silas once more from around her ears before finally letting them go and offering a small smile and a nod. "I'll help..Just don't bite my scruff too hard cad." She teased Cadhla lightly, sticking out a rather pink tongue before stepping out and hopping towards his front and waiting to be picked up.

Cad lowered his head with a chuckle. "Alright Roselyn.. I'll be sure not to bite too hard if I can help it." Handing her the shells, he then gently bit her scruff and hoisted her up onto his back. She was use to some times riding up on his mother's back and so this was just a more spacious perch to her. "Just be careful up thre ok?"

Rose nodded her head with a small giggle and waved Silas closer with her paw. "Just lean your head over here and I'll do my best." She sueaked once more.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:05 am
"Yes m'am," Silas said obdiently, picking up the shells that Rose hadn't been able to hold on to; there were quite a few of them after all, and he wanted her to have the use of her paws. He held up one of his front legs and carefully drapped them over the limb, within reach so that Rose could grab them as she needed them, then brought his mane within her reach.

"So, you're Cad's mother's familiar," he asked, trying to make some light conversation while she worked, since Cad's mouth was currently occupied. "You must have known Cad since he was a baby, then?"

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:33 am
Roselyn worked diligently weaving and braiding each string of shells carefully. "Yes I have.. I was traveling with his mother and father for a while before it all happened.. They sent me home to report to her mother the night before his father asked her to become his lifemate." She giggled lightly. "To make a long story short.. When they were spending time with Rakshi, his father that is.. When they were with his family.. she found out she was carrying them and they started for the journey back to see her mother." She finished with the first and reached for another, starting the same process. "It was when she came to give me the message of the baskets that I found out though since I had stayed with her mother after being sent home... When I took Lady Sho to see Lady Briallan.. they were already emerging from their baskets and I've known him ever since.. always a bit vacant when he's working on something he is.." She grinned knowing Cad couldn't chastise her for relating the story lest he drop her.

Cad gave a small snort as he rolled his eyes. He'd heard the story plenty of times and had long since grown tired of the mushiness of it all. It was among other things the reason he and Haven had made that pack not to go getting silly and doe eyed over some other soquili in that sickeningly sweet sort of way his parents were.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:51 am
Silas had been peering up through his bangs, and couldn't help but chuckle at the look on Cad's face. "It sounds like a long story when it's told properly," he said. "I believe I'd have to meet some of the others involved to really understand the whole thing, though I certainly get the gist. My own parents don't have such a romantic bond, though I know they care for each other."

To be fair most of what Silas knew about his parent's relationship had been around the time he and Thane had been born. It could very well have changed since, without him even noticing. When it came to romance, Silas definetly wasn't the first one you looked to for advice!

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:07 am
Roselyn plaited the last of the shells into his mane as he spoke. "I see. Cad's mother and father met one day when Lady Bri was in her special sanctuary singing. She often doesn't sing for anyone and does so in the seclusion of her own little hide away you see, she had and issue with her own sister laughing at her once deferring her from wanting to sing in public any more.. to bad too.. she has such a sweet voice. Any ways, He crept in to listen and though tried not to disturb her.. he gave himself away with a snapping twig and the two have been near inseparable since."

Cad's ears perked lightly. This was something he hadn't heard before. He knew they'd met.. that was made obvious by he and his sister's presences.. but how they had met had never been asked. Strange that neither his father nor mother had offered to share that bit of information. He looked thoughtful as he mulled this all over in his mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:29 am
Silas raised his head, smiling in gratitude as a gentle tinkling noise accompanied the movement. "It sounds very romantic indeed. I'm afraid I'm fated to go the way of my parents if I even have children. They weren't a couple, and I think they still don't consider themselves as such. Father stuck around mostly because he didn't want my brother and I to grow up without having a male figure in our lives."

Silas shrugged at that. Truthfully he wasn't all too close with his father; he'd been a momma's boy growing up. "I guess I tend towards the mental rather than the emotional, though I'm guilty of being a sentamentalist sometimes."

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:00 am
Cad gently lowered Roselyn down to the ground. "I wouldn't say any of us are ever really fated to one thing or another...I mean.. really our lives are what we make of it and should we search for some one.. we might actually find them. thing is.. you just won't know unless you know."

Roselyn gave her fur a quick gromming before chuckling lightly. "Well what ever happens the two of you won't know till it does." Turning to cad and patted his leg with a paw. "I'll take my leave now.. Your mother might start to worry and send your father's friend out after me..." She flushed sheepishly and hurriedly hopped off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 am
Silas looked after Rose as she hopped away, then transfered his gaze to Cad. "Does she often do that, just appear at random and then disappear just as randomly," he asked. He would be the first to admit he didn't know much about familiars and had little to base his experiences on, but Rose's coming and going was new to him.  

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:27 am
He chuckled deeply. "Ah yes.. she has her moments.. some times she lingers... and some times she's so shy she's unable to function. You should catch her around my father's bunny." He laughed even harder. "You can really tell the poor girl's got it bad for him.. and he doesn't seem to notice she exists just standing there peering at him all doe eyed from behind her ears shyly." Shaking his head his tail have a slight flick. "I think familiars have their mysteries.. Some times my gran or mother will send them to me with messages.. and Magic.. my gram's bear.. she likes to sit and try to mother me for a while.. She's been like that since I was a foal, cheeky, blunt, and always mothering trying to feed me and such."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:16 am
Silas chuckled. "My father didn't have a familiar, still doesn't I don't believe, but mother's lizard was such a character! He had quite excellent taste and a bit of wit to him, which could be amusing and annoying in turns."

He pawed at the ground, looking at Cad curiously. "You don't have a familiar though. I know generally when you make a friend like that the consideration of the species doesn't always register right off, but if you could pick any kind of animal for your familiar, which would you chose?"

Silas chuckled and shook back his mane. "I'm not quite sure myself, but nimble fingers would be a plus! The personality aspects are what fascinate me though." He grinned. "I'm sure the personalities between, say, a mouse and a ferret would be quite different," he said, remembering Cad's earlier comments.

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:57 am
"Ah, yes.. I think ferret or mouse is more my style.. very nimble critters they seem to be." He chuckled slightly. "So, other than fussing with the shells in your mane.. what do you do for a pass time?" His ears perked with interest as he spoke. He was interested in getting to know more about Silas.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 am
Silas chuckled at the comment about his shells, then his eyes lit up in consideration of Cad's question. "Hmmm. I guess I like trying to come up with new ideas for things. I like looking at the stuff we've got now and trying to come up with better ways to get things done. Mostly things that can be called semi-practical, if not plausible."

He grinned, remembering that mess of an invention to make sweeping old bedding out of his cave home. Actually made more of a mess, but he really thought he'd been on to something at the time.

"Sometimes I think about making stuff that serves no real purpose except for pleasure, but never done anything past the stage of coming up with a vague idea."

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm
"I see... My sisters pestered me as foals to make them wings since I couldn't stop making new odd things.. I had so many failures before I finally came up with a glider for them to use." He chuckled lightly. "Ah... It'd be nice to some day make them some actual wings so they could have more than an imitation of flight... Sadly.. I think that's even far beyond my own doing."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 pm
Silas shook his head. "Unless you have a magic with machinery or shapeshifting, it's not possible to create actual wings for someone born without them. I don't even think you could." His brow furrowed in thought; flight had never been something he'd thought about until now, it had always been instinctual.

"There's a million tiny calculations involved. Specific angles of the wing versus wind flow, all the little shifts of muscle that controls such movements. Assuming it could be made it would be a highly complicated piece of equipment. I'm sure you know that the more complicated a thing is the more likely it is to go wrong."

Another thought occured to Silas in the same vein. "I also think that being ground-bound yourself would hinder your ability to make such wings. Gliding isn't so very difficult, but for flying there are just some things you have to experience to properly attempt to replicate." He gave Cad a sheepish look. "I hope I'm not speaking in riddles."

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 am
"Not at all. it would seem the majority of my roadblock with the upgrades I'd like to make consist in the fact that I just can't figure out the workings of the wings use other than for gliding." He chuckled lightly. "But.. even still.. I'd think now my sisters would be too heavy... sure.. one's small as my mother.. but it was all I could do to get them gliding as foals."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff