[PRP] The bond of common interests (Silas and Cadhla) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 am
User ImageSilas shook his head mournfully, looking down at a pile of kelp and shells. Out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of another such string slipping out of his mane from where he had braided it. Since past attempts at saving the things made them fall out quicker, he did his best to ignore it for now and keep his mind on the problem at hand. Soon though, he knew he'd be hearing the now-familiar clinking of shells bumping against each other as they landed in a heap on the ground.

The shells were a solution that Silas himself had invented long ago, when he was a foal. His poor mother had such bad eyesight, and he and his brother looked a lot alike, especially back then. She mixed them up a lot, and always got embarassed over it. Hoping to make her feel better, Silas invented a way for his mother to hear the difference between himself and Thane. It hadn't been easy to first get the shells in himself, but his mother's familiar would relent enough to help him sometimes. Eddie had quite nimble fingers, and since it was for Reii Yuki's benefit it made the grumpy little lizard a lot more cooperative than he normally would have been.

Even after he began to venture away from his home, Silas wore the shells out of habit. Unfortunately, he wasn't nearly so adapt at keeping the things in his mane...

'What I need is an Eddie of my own,' Silas thought glumly, staring down at the pile. Clink clink clink. Yup, there went the loose string. He heaved a sigh through his nose, wondering what he was to do now. It was very, very difficult to get those shells back in on his own, and he had no one to help him. He seriously needed to start looking for a familiar, or at least a better way to keep the shells in his hair.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 am
User Image

Finally he'd seen the mare off, happy she had healed enough to travel once more. His mane flopped over one of his eyes haphazardly as he walked along, the single blue rose and yellow ribbon in his mane the only decoration he had. He was glad to be once more, out on his own, looking for friends so he could get both his mother and oldest sister off his back about how many friends he had.

He was slender and muscular befitting that of his mother and grandfather's bloodline though he'd grown to be as tall as a draft just like his father. He was a large stallion by normal standards though he he was a fairly kind soul. For now, he was looking about with keen eyes, searching for anything he could take back to his camp to his collection of bits of odds and ends he used as materials in his inventions. It wasn't until he heard a strange clank and clink that he stopped, turned and made his way with heavy hoof falls in the direction he'd heard the sound.

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 am
Silas looked up as the sound of hooves hitting the ground with a comendable amount of force reached his ears. It didn't sound like someone stomping or running, more like something with a lot of power behind the step. Another Soq? This place was a little out of the way for normal horses, and he didn't think any big enough to make those hoof falls were around this area.

Since the newcomer wasn't even trying to hide his approach, Silas already had his head up and faced in the appropriate direction, ears swiveling forward then to the side on occasion to make sure nothing was attempting to sneak up on him. Never hurt to be cautious, after all.

"Hello there," Silas quipped, the instant the male came into sight. Yes indeed, another Soq. A white that looked almost like a pale blue, but it might have been the blue socks and mane trying to fool his eyes. The male's mane wasn't nearly so long as Silas' was, and was free-flowing. He almost missed the flower pinned in it, for it was nearly the same color.

The hooves made him curious. They were like Florea's, but this male didn't have the little tail that cerynei did. It seemed odd to him, but Silas was pretty aware he didn't get out much. He stayed politely silent, waiting for the male to comment back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:53 am
A friendly smile drew back the corners of his mouth at the sight of the other stallion. "Hello indeed.. Decent day, isn't it?" His large cerynei ears perked forward at the other as his curly tail swished, swatting at something that had landed on him. As he drew close, he stopped a polite distance from the other and gave a slight bow of his head. His father had taught his sisters and he to be courteous even to strangers. Lifting his head once more, he looked the other in the eye.

((for my sanity#025FB0))  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:08 am
((That's why I use words instead of numbers. Colors are more limited, but easier to remember.))

"Depends on if you're commenting about the weather or the little events that make up a day," Silas replied back, voice just as pleasant. After all he wasn't going to take frustrations out on a stranger who only happened to be walking by! It would be in appalling bad taste, most certainly.

The long braid of his mane dangled alongside him, tip brushing the ground. Normally if he was going to be walking anywhere, he tossed the thing up on his back and kept it in place with his wings. It seemed a tad impractical to have such long hair that was only barely managable when made shorter by the braid. If it got any longer he was sure going to have to cut it, or fly everywhere from that point on!

And here he was, wool-gathering and probably looking a bit foolish in front of the stranger. Silas cleared his throat apologetically. "Sorry about that, my thoughts tend to run away with me."

He stepped back a little, to give the stallion a view of his shells on the ground. "I have something of a quandary, you see. I can't for the life of me get these shells to stay in my main like they should." He laughed, trying to make light of the whole situation and not show how much it really frustrated him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:24 am
"I was speaking more about the weather.. but what ever the day has brought you, hopefully it's not been too troublesome." His attention perked at the mention of the shells. He'd seen shells once before.. that bright pink and white fluff ball that accompanied the deaf mare in his herd often had something new to squirrel away. And shells were a common thing to find among the two-legged's abandoned camp sites. "I see.. Perhaps some assistance is in order? I'm Cadhla by the way.. but you can call me Cad if you like." The length of the mane on the other wasn't such an odd site to him. after all his own grandmother on his mother's side had some massively long mane and tail for her small frame. And how it was scented with the sweet, light perfume of the roses that adorned her. It was a happy memory that brought a smile once more to his face. "Long manes can be a bother can't they?" He mused lightly. "Makes me glad mine's not nearly as long as my gram's"

(( LOL yeah.. well if i only have one rp to reply to i'm good at just ctrl+c on the code then ctrl+v and i'm good but if i have say 3 or for involving 3 or 4 diff soq.. it gets to be a hand ful.. unless one of those is Shilo because i have his code memorized strangely enough hahaha))  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:52 am
((Sometimes things have ways of sticking lol))

Silas chuckled ruefully, looking down at his mane. "Could be worse. Could be my mane and my tail!" He flicked the tail in question. It was long, possibly just as long as the stallion, Cadhal's own tail was, but it didn't require braiding to keep it out of the way! There were a couple feathers clasped into the hair there, but unlike the shells those never seemed to have any issue staying put. How annoyingly odd...

"Name's Silas, not a whole lot I can do to shorten it," he said, a corner of his mouth quirking up in a faint grin. Silas actually didn't have much problem with his name, though he knew it probably sounded old-fashioned or odd to some.

"Short of being a skilled hair-dresser yourself, I don't know if you could help much," Silas continued. He gave his head a quick flick, the movement causing the shells still in his mane to clink against each other. Normally a simple shrug would have done the same, but there were so few shells left now that took a lot more movement for the same effect.

Golden eyes flickered down to the pile of shells on the ground, then back to Cad. "I'm thinking I need to find myself a familiar, I just can't seem to make these stay put," he said, tone light and with a bit of amusement at his own expense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:11 am
"I don't know.. I might be a bit of help.. I can be rather crafty if given the time.. All those nay sayers in my mother's herd never stopped me from making a gliding set up for my sisters." He beamed proud of the first thing he'd ever made. He had always been smart for his age, always looking over everything carefully before finally acting. Stepping closer, he looked over the shells and then Silas. "Pleasure meeting you. Let's see if maybe I can help get these back in your mane for you. I think I'd be at a loss if my rose ever fell out these must be important, unless I'm mistaken." Glancing about, he looked to see what he might be able to use to help him get these secure, cursing that his mother's familiar hadn't tagged along with him.  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:06 am
Silas made an affirmative noise to Cad's statement. "It's the history behind them more than the actual objects themselves. The concept was mine though," he chuckled, "my first attempt was quite crude. Fortunately my mother's familiar has nimble fingers and made these up for me. He used to help me get them in my mane as well." Yes, Silas really should hunt down a familiar of his own at some point. Luck seemed to play a big part in those things as well. But that was a thought for another moment, wishful thinking that did him no good in the here-and-now.

"They're there for the windchime effect, you see," Silas elaborated, warming up to the subject. "I was born near the ocean and we have the materials in abundance. My mother's sight isn't so good, so I utilized common natural items to help her recognize my presence. I have a brother, you see, and we look a great deal alike. She always mixed us up, and it embarassed her so."

Silas' ears twitched, looking at Cad with honest curiousity. "I'm sure your rose has similar emotional attachments to it, if you fear to lose it." He tossed his head, a laugh bubbling up from his throat. "How funny that a couple of guys are so fussy with their accessories! From the view of a sterotypical, gender-defined world, anyway." Silas himself was aware of the behaviors considered "manly" and "feminine", but never really cared how much he trod over them. He arranged his looks to his own liking, and if anyone took issue well that was their fault.

It had not escaped Silas' attention when Cad spoke of creating a "gliding set", whatever that was. It certainly got his curiousity intiruged, and he made a mental note to ask about that once the shell dilemna had been taken care of.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:26 am
She chuckled and gave a nod in response to his rose. "It may be girly looking, but it took my grans and great gran quite some time to think of a gift for our coming of age ceremony. We each got something symbolizing the joining of the two sides, the rose comes from My mother's side the veiled ribbon from my fathers, you see. His family has a line of warriors and ladies So when my gran on his sides and great gran took into looking for something to signify their blood living on through us... they thought of their veils and armor and my great grand father's spear. So while i got the veils.. my sister Meyra got the spear and a rose, and Haven got the veiled caplet and leg guards." He chuckled lightly. "Its that which makes this little thing so very important much as I really couldn't care much of my appearance so long as my trinket's not harmed.. I could have my hair bobbed and still be happy.. my mother on the other hand might feel at a loss.. She seems to adore my long mane for what ever reason it might be." Another chuckle rumbled from him as he shook his head some.

"Ah, familiars.. It would be so nice to have one I should think.. then again if mine were as nosy and bossy as haven's lizard I'd think I'd grow tired of the little bugger. My lick though the thing would be quite a helpful one.. at least I'd hope it would should I ever find one for myself.. maybe a mouse.. or a ferret.. their little paws would be nice to deal with the more tedious bits of my work rather than absconding off with Rose, my mother's bunny for long enough to get something small fixed." A small grin accompanied a chuckle as he remembered how much Rose usually frowned and shied away from such things.

Shaking the thought aside, he took an end of the shell contraption in his mouth as he drew closer and looked over the stallion before him's mane. It took him a while to humm and haw over the best way to set them firmly into the other's mane. Still.. he managed to grasp an idea... what if her attached them to sticks and stuck them into his mane like those things his aunt Leila had? "Would you object to something more.... permanent.. and decorative? It just occurred to me that perhaps attaching these to sticks that you secure in your mane might be the better choice. it's still give you the chiming effect... but you would no longer have to worry about them being tied into your mane."

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:53 am
Silas shook his head, chuckling. "Oh my, my own hair decor seems to have such a pathetic history in comparison to yours!" He closed his eyes for a moment, still chuckling, then quieted his laughter as he opened his eyes.

"I did think of that, once or twice," Silas admited. "I actually think it might enhance the sounds of the shells." He pawed thoughtfully at the ground. "I never tried it though, cause I could never find the right kinds of sticks. I try to keep my materials natural, so I don't have to travel out of way to make repairs."

Silas sighed. "And truthfully my mother's familiar, a lizard, was so good at putting in the accessories that I never had to think of improving them so that I wouldn't need help." A rueful expression flitted over his face. "That was my own fault."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:05 am
He pondered this a moment. Natural items.. that could easily be done.. and ocean... hmm... what kind of items could be found there? He had it.. his grandmothers had once told him about things washing up on the shore... "What about drift wood?? You could smooth it down and it's natural... All be it smoothing and shaping it might take time... it can still be done." He nodded as if to give his words weight.

"But if you'd rather just have them tied back in.. I'm sure I can just do that too." He chuckled nervously.. he didn't meet other stallions often and when he did meet them he'd rather be friendly with them than to have them think he's pressuring them and trying to be unfriendly.

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 am
"Depends on the wood," Silas offered up. "Some of it is so warped and ruined by the ocean that I wouldn't use it for anything other than mulch! For the rest, well sometimes the ocean has the opposite effect and strengthens the wood. It would be difficult to shape properly, but seems doable." Silas trailed off, deep in thought. Certainly the properly toughed bits of wood that found their way to the sandy shore were a lot stronger than the corresponding branches he could find littering forest floors. Yes, definetly something to consider for another day.

Visably Silas pulled himself back to the present, and gave Cad a grateful smile. "If you think you could, I'd be beholden to you. I probably would have found a way to work them back in somehow since I'm not completely hopeless in the area of decoration, but for some reason it's difficult to tend to my own mane and tail."

He gave a whickering laugh. "I'd probably end up with everything all bunched up and awkward-looking, since I can't work anything into my mane that's above my shoulders!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:46 am
Nodding he thought how to work the thing into the other's mane. A rustling in the bush behind him drew one ear back as he listened to the small shy squeaks. Those sounds were familiar. It was his mother's familiar, Roselyn. Turning his head towards the rustling, he caught the small white rabbit adorned with the pink roses and rose colored fading on her paws pushing through the brush. "Ah, Helo Rose... Keeping tabs on me or has mother sent you with a message?"

Roselyn pulled her ears down over her face and shyly peered around them at the other stallion for a moment. "You mother just wanted to know if you'd seen your great aunt lately...Seems your gram's lost track of her again." She squeaked out shyly for a moment and huddled close to his hind leg as though she might try to blend into his tail.

Cad shook his head lightly in answer which sent the shells clattering together. "Nope, sorry. I haven't seen Damia since we were foals..." It struck him then a use he could make of the little rabbit. "Hey Rose.. before you go.. mind giving us a paw here? I'll lift you.. just tie these into his mane please."  

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:07 am
Silas had been following the conversation, face openly curious. His mother had her own familiar, of course, and the mare Floarea had a mountain lion as a familiar. This was the first time he'd seen a bunny!

"Hello there," he said genially, trying to look as unthreatening as possible so as to make the familiar less nervous. Poor thing seemed so shy! "My name's Silas. I'd be ever so grateful if you could help me out."

He made a pitiful and forlorn face, looking down at his shells then at the bunny, Rose, if he'd heard Cad right, with big, foal-like eyes. "I can't seem to make them stay put properly."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff