Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Birds of a Feather [Sparrow/Wren] Fin! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 pm
On an afternoon that was grey and drizzly, the clouds overhead heavy with rain and threatening thunderstorms, Sparrow Heartreed found himself outside on the lawn of Amityville High.

At first he had just decided to take a walk, mostly to clear his head or to perhaps run into a certain someone, but it seemed that his luck was not very much there this particular day. After only a few moments of being outside, the sky had churned a blackish purple, and the scent of rain was as clear as anything.

Which meant almost everyone was inside and the grounds were deserted.

It took Sparrow about three seconds after discovering this fact to realize that he did not really want to be outside in the middle of a storm. However, he was no where near the reaper dorms, and by the time he would make it back, would most likely be soaked to the bone. The nearest building was a short distance away - he'd take shelter there.

He got soaked anyway.

Sputtering, gasping, and cold, Sparrow hastily (and noisily) clattered into the large building. It was only after he had managed to get some of his wet hair away from his face that he realized it was the monster dorms. He'd never actually been inside any buildings other than his own, and this one was vastly different with its expansive hallways and brightly lit passages.

Except he was much less appreciative than he would normally be, considering he was standing there dripping on the carpet. With a slightly rueful look outside, Sparrow gave a small sigh and began to wait out what would most likely be a long storm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:29 pm
Sparrow probably did not notice, but he was not alone in the dorms.

A little bit prior, there was a shadow against a window near the doors. It was just a outline against the water that pelted the building, but it was clearly as human shaped as those skull pins made them. The gentle creature was fascinated by the weather. Sure, she had seen rain before, but never HERE she had not. Not seen how it effected the world around them. She personally loved nothing more than running in true form through it, the rain on her pelt.. the soft grass on her hooves... it was amazing to her.

Looking down at her outfit, she found herself tugging on the fabric a little. She was not used to the feel of cloth on her... skin, just yet. Up until this school she was always in deer form, never in this flesh. Ever curious as to WHY she even had to cover up flesh. It was all new to her... so she had missed rhe form running towards the doors.

That was all in the past... and why she was presently way down one of the halls, peeking around the door. The sudden noise startled the girl and caused her to bolt. Ever skittish, she was also ever curious. The boy was soaked...

Wren however, did not notice that her shadow was now not with her. No... it had creeped along the other shadows, and was now right next to Sparrow. It could not speak, but hell if it could not get its point across without needing to. It settled next to the boys shadow, and took form of one of those rediculous umbrella hats humans wore... only had a holy punched out, saying that is how he got wet.

Oh, and it also had letters knocked out of it. that read 'stupid'.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 pm
Sparrow did not notice the shadow moving steadily towards him.

At least, not until it was right in front of him. Or rather, it was right next to his own shadow, stretching out diagonally behind him.

Sparrow reached a hand up, pushing some of his wet hair away from his face. He wiped his eyes, pulled the clip (the one that was holding his impertinent bangs out of his line of vision) free and ruffled the soaked strands, spraying water onto the floor.

It was only then that he realized that the misty black spreading out from where his feet where had, in fact, not moved with him.

Sparrow blinked. A trick of the light, perhaps, he thought, eying his shadow.

He lifted his arm.

The shadow shifted, formed itself into a hat, and then spelled out -

"Oh," said Sparrow. "Well, then."

He eyed it. Then he glanced around, attempting to figure out where it had come from. His own shadow lay docile and silent, moving with him as he twisted left, then right, peering down the wide hallway for some sign of movement.

"Er," he said, after a moment. "I do believe someone is missing something..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:42 pm
Her own yellow eyes were her downfall, they did glow... so he would have caught her orb like eyes no problem. Making a squeaking noise, she ducked back behind the wall that was hiding them. She planned on staying there too, content on staying FAR away from the man...

Until she heard him say somehting about missing something... she had heard this line before, and upon instinct looked down and after a moment heaved a huge sigh. It was rather sad that she had a feeling what was missing, and even she could see that the main body of her shadow was now gone. Something she was unable to control...

Balling her hands into fists, and then stretching them out again... she kept her eyes on the floor and twirled out from behind her hiding spot. Sparrow would be greeted by the sight of the girl, and would hear the clip clops of her hooves as she slowly made her way towards him. Eyes starting down, she noticed that her shadow... which was now mingling with his... now had an arrow pointed at them both, the word now saying 'pair of idiots' with what looked like a laughing chipmunk sitting on the other boils shadow.

"User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." She started, ears pinned back and shaking her head almost sadly. The words on the floor making her blush. Shifting her weight on to one leg, she looked down at the shadow. She could never control her.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 pm
Sparrow had indeed seen the bright, golden glow near the end of the hallway, but he had thought it was merely a trick of the light, maybe a minipet lurking.

What he hadn't expected to step out of the shadows was a pale skinned young woman with dark hair and a slightly anxious expression on her face. There was a soft clicking noise that, Sparrow discovered when he glanced down, was emanating from the delicate hoofs her legs slid into, white wings pressed against her back.

Except he couldn't understand a word of what she said. Holding up his hands as if to reassure her (though of what, he wasn't entirely certain), Sparrow followed her gaze until he saw what she was looking at.

"Oh," he said, blinking. A few drops of water slid down his face, pittering onto the smooth, black shadow beneath them, which was now spelling out the words pair of idiots in thick, raven colored letters.

"Don't worry, don't worry," Sparrow said to the ghoul, waving a hand gently and spattering more water in the process. A few drops accidentally hit her, and Sparrow, flummoxed, went "Oh, dear, I'm so sorry - please forgive me, here - " and rummaged around in his jacket pocket. "Ah..."

His handkerchief was wet too. Sparrow glanced down at the sodden cloth, then back up at the ghoul and gave a rueful laugh.

"My apologies," he said, straightening. "I'm afraid I'm a little out of sorts, it seems. But there's no need to worry about, er..."

He glanced down at the shadow.

"...your, ah, friend here. No harm," Sparrow added with a smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:38 pm
"friend?" She looked down at the shadow once more, whom was actually being sort of quiet now, almost as if it could hear and was waiting for her reaction. "T-that is no friend." She said softly, her tone was a bit scratchy and deep with accent. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that this was not her first language.

Shifting shyly, Wren looked down at the shadow and stared. Eyes intense... it was almost as if they were talking to each other silently. Though to be honest, wren was giving the shadow the 'please knock it off' look.

Slinking off the other boils shadow, Wren's shadow finally settled back in to place. The only thing giving it away now, was the shadow now had a arrow only pointing at the ghoul this time that said 'i'm with stupid'. It seemed the rogue shadow had a theme going. Grabbing some of her skirt, she flung it to the side trying to hide the words.

Releasing a breath she had not known she was holding, the deerling looked up at Sparrow, ears still pinned backwards with a redness to her face that showed all too well against her milky skin. "I-I am s-sorry... she has a mind of her own." Almost as if to confirm the action, the shadow did a mocking curtsy while wren had not even moved. Though she did flinch, seeing the moment out of her peripheral vision. Taking a step back, it was clear that she was a bit scared... even flighty. It was not the water that had gotten on her, it was the fact she was talking to a stranger. A tall stranger, she had to look up to see him.. and she was a good 5'8" tall. "... Hi." She managed to say through her own self proclaimed awkward silence.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 pm
Sparrow eyed the shadow suspiciously. It certainly did not seem friendly - especially since after it had dragged itself away from his own it had decidedly made a rude gesture towards the ghoul, who, flustered, attempted to hide it from view.

She had a lovely voice; it was perhaps a bit different than what he had heard before; her words were tinged with a thick accent, one that implied she was not speaking a language that had been her first. But at the same time it was quite endearing, and Sparrow felt himself relaxing just a little.

Except the ghoul did not seem to feel the same. If anything, she was stiffening up, her eyes wide, her pale face tinged red. Below her, the shadow shifted, Sparrow's eyes flickering towards it only briefly, as if to give it a stern look. He was still attempting to figure out how to wipe her face without seeming awkward about it - especially with a wet handkerchief, but her abrupt greeting startled him. Blinking down at her, slightly taken by surprise, Sparrow felt a small smile tug at the corners of his lips.

"...hello," he said softly, the hand that held his damp handkerchief dropping slowly to his side. "I apologize for my appearance; I'm afraid I'm not quite...quite up to par at the moment."

After a moment, he held out his hand.

"My name is Sparrow," he told her. "Sparrow Heartreed."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm
"Oh!" She said softly, that same almost chiming lilt coming from her. head tilting, she eyed the arm that went down with the fabric. "Wa-was that for me?" She had not noticed the arm being up, wondering what the thing was for. Reaching out, she took the wet fabric from him anyways. Looking at at it... she pondered what to do with it before looking back up at the... bird? He said?

"Bird? Sparrow? Sparrow Heartreed?" Were flung out, curiously she took a step forward and took the hand offered to her. her fingernails looked like a humans, but they were the same grey shade as her hooves that clopped on the ground. Suggesting that in true form, these limbs also had hooves. "You are sparrow?" Something about that name caused the corner of her mouth to quirk up in to a smile as well. "Wren Awinita." She replied back, looking at the hand almost wondering what to do with it. She guessed this was a greeting, right? Grasping the hand a little tighter, she took a step closer.. and closer. Until she was right next to him, and nuzzled the side of his face with her own.

Taking a step back, she smiled a little. This was how her herd greeted each other! It was no different here.

Right?  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:50 pm
"Ah," said Sparrow, attempting in vain to keep the ghoul from taking his pathetic handkerchief - and was doubly embarrassed when she stared at it curiously, obviously having no idea of what exactly to do with it. A sheepish sigh escaped his lips as he reached up a hand to rub the back of his neck, feeling slightly idiotic.

However, the smile returned when she took his hand, and Sparrow nodded, the embarrassment ebbing away rapidly. She was such a curious ghoul, all pale skin and big, golden eyes, willowy and almost delicate in the way that she moved. He could not feel her hand in his - the gloves he always wore were still on - but it seemed very small compared to his own.

"Yes, I'm Sparrow," he answered her, pleased with the smile that had touched her face. Nodding, he added "Wren? That's your name? It's quite a lovely name, I - "

The rest of his sentence died in his throat, Sparrow's eyes widening. Wren had stepped closer - much too close - and was now proceeding to rub her face against his. He could smell something light, her skin warm against his cold cheek - which instantly flamed scarlet, along with the rest of his face.

She pulled away after a moment. Sparrow stared at her, mouth agape.

"I..." he started to say, then stopped, for once completely and utterly flustered. Wren's hand was still in his, her eyes expectant, a smile on her face.

"...a p-pleasure to meet...you," Sparrow said finally, fighting to get the words out, his face still feeling almost unbearably warm. He was still dripping wet, the carpet beneath him steadily growing darker.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:04 pm
Her smile grew even more as she took another step back, releasing the grip on her hand. Though, her smile soon went less.. and less. As she realized that for some reason, he seemed... awkward? Scared?

...Oddly enough the more his face grew red, the more her eyes grew wide and her expression returned to something more of a deer in headlights look.

"User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show...." She started to ramble off in that other language again. Her english was always deep with accent, but this language was really light and very wispy. It was a long winded language, but in Wrens opinion it was beautiful. Though she was now rambling in it...

And then realized she was.

A few move steps back, her face now red, and her shadow laughing at her... she watched her feet a little more closely. "S-Sorry.." She turned around and made a move to try and get away as fast as possible...  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm
There it was again - the language she was speaking. Sparrow could not understand it, but it was a beautiful, lilting language, elegant and sleek in a way. However, the combination of that, with her wide-eyed, suddenly panicked expression as she stepped away from him made Sparrow realize that he'd inadvertently turned the situation awkward.

"Wait," he cried out, reaching to grab her wrist. "Wait, don't - I'm sorry - "

Realizing that he hardly knew her, and that it was probably quite rude to just suddenly latch onto her, Sparrow let go quickly, holding his hands up, palms towards her, as if to show her he meant no harm. He felt awful for causing her embarrassment, his own similar feelings making the entire situation just that much more awkward.

"I'm sorry," he said again, and though his face was still a warm red, it had begun to fade slowly, water from his soaked hair still sliding down his cheeks and dripping onto his once nice jacket. The cold had begun to set in, and Sparrow had started shivering without actually realizing he was.

"Don't, um...please, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable," he said, in a much quieter tone. "Please, don't leave on my accord."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:53 pm
He had grabbed her wrist successfully... which in turn had caused her to stop, stand entirely still, and look back over her shoulder... keeping still.

Similar to a deer she had the whole fight or flight thing down pact, but Wren was more of the flighty type than the fighter... so instead she stared back almost as if she was the prey, and he the predator. Her deer ears were pricked up, watching Sparrow warily.

Only after he let her go, and spoke, did she visually calm down. Her heart was still racing.

"Nono... I made you uncomfortable. I am not used to h-having only two l-legs. And i do not know... customs?" She thought the word customs was right. "In my herd, that was how we greet... is this wrong?" She felt awkward changing her customs, but if it was what she had to do...

Still lost in thought, and her shadow practically rolling on the ground with invisible laughter, she tilted her head once more. Personally, she found the man looking drenched before her still looked nice but he seemed uncomfortable. "Towel?" She was sure she could find... something to dry him with.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm
The fact that she did not immediately bolt once he released her wrist made Sparrow relax somewhat; though he did not completely let down his guard, watching Wren with an almost wary expression, as if he half expected her to run off.

"It wasn't - it wasn't uncomfortable," he said bracingly, rubbing the back of his neck again. He could feel his face warming, and quickly he attempted to explain himself. "No, really, it, er...it wasn't wrong. It was just..." What was the right word?

"Unexpected," Sparrow finished, a little lamely. He shifted from one wet foot to the other, his boots making a dull thumping noise on the thin carpeted floor. "But not wrong, I promise. You just surprised me, is all."

A small, hesitant smile tugged his lips upwards. "It's rather pleasant, when you think about it," he said quietly.

Wren's shadow was writhing with what appeared to be laughter, but Sparrow ignored it with as much dignity as he could - though it was a little difficult, considering how soaked he was.

"A towel?" he repeated, almost as if the word were foreign to him. "Oh, er, yes...yes, a towel would be...good."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm
Now that caused her face to turn a rosy crimson shade, something that showed really easily against her milky white skin. Her face warm, she shook her head and bit her lip. He liked it? Was that what he was saying? "You are so confusing..." To her he was. He seemed to not like it, then say he was? Unexpected was it? Well, if he met her from now on it should be ok!

She felt a awkward silence span.. but it was soon gone as he spoke once more, Towel? .....Towel? Oh! "Ah!" She said, and a moment later the doe was shuffling away, disappearing into the monster dorms. Her hip dress flapping around behind her, she ran but..sort of bounced? It was very deer like in movement. Had she just ran away once more?

Apparently not... because while Wren was gone, her shadow remained. Being quiet for the time being, if he looked at it the shadow would bop its head in greeting... before making a rude gesture with a certain middle finger. Some things just never change?

A little more time passed... before a clip clop of hooves had her re appear.... with a pink towel? Offering it out, clearly not knowing anything might be wrong with giving a boil a PINK towel, she huffed and puffed a little. "Here, towel!" After he had taken it, she backed up in the direction of her shadow as if habit to try and hide it.  

Lilwolfpard
Crew

Magical Unicorn

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 pm
Her face, which was a pale white, easily showed the red flush that spread over her cheeks like a crimson wave. It was, at least in Sparrow's mind, adorable, as was the flustered expression she was wearing. It was a fact that he couldn't help but notice, even if the situation they were in was a tad awkward.

A somewhat sheepish smile made his lips quirk upwards, and Sparrow gave a low laugh, reaching a hand up to push some of the sopping strands away from his face. "I am quite ill adept at explaining myself, yes," he told her. "But really, I don't believe you need to worry about your greeting. It's fine."

She turned, then, whisking away down the hall and leaving Sparrow standing there, slightly bemused. However, Wren reappeared within seconds, her movements graceful and extraordinarily doe-like in nature. However, while Wren herself was quite endearing, her shadow...well...less so. In the short amount of time while the ghoul was gone, it had made a quite rude gesture to the reaper. He had debated stomping on it, but that would have been unseemly.

"Thank you," Sparrow said gratefully, although he took the rather...bright...towel a little hesitantly. However, he couldn't afford to be too picky, seeing as how he was dripping wet, and pressed it to his face, wiping away some of the moisture.

After a second he lowered it, his eyes visible, though the towel still covered his mouth and part of his nose.

"You..." Sparrow started to say, then stopped, feeling stupid. "I...would you perhaps care to get something to eat? Or is there anywhere that you need to go that I could escort you? I feel quite indebted to you, and would like to repay you for your kindness."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff