Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:47 pm
User Image

From Water stood over a burbling stream, gazing hungrily into the cool water that flowed past. There were fish in that water; he could see them, swimming upstream, the beginning of the fall rush to their breeding grounds. If he could just...catch one of them...

Gingerly, the buck dipped one hoof into the water, and then the other, until he was standing in the middle of the stream, watching the fish as they swam and jumped around him. He studied them for a moment, trying to judge the best way to catch one, before plunging his head into the water. Too cold! No fish in his mouth! From Water jerked his head out of the water again, sputtering and coughing, and glared at the fish that swam past, completely ignoring him.

He tried again, to the same effect, and flopped down on the bank, wheezing, to dry off. "Lousy fish!" he shouted at nothing in particular.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:07 am
User Image There was a reason she didn't like fishing. She wasn't any good at it.

She could hunt; many a rabbit or duck had found the end of life at her design. It helped to have a fine hound to be sure but she had hunted before that and she still hunted on her own as well. She was not the most ruthless and found hunting rather like an intense game -- one that should always end with her the victor and reward her with a full stomach. Fishing however seemed to be an entirely different thing.

Really it was the one feat in which she had a tiny bit of respect for those who owned cheetahs or lynxes or any other creature that made fishing easier. She wondered if she might be able to charm a watersnake one day; it'd have a short life, her hound would eat it. She shook her head at the stream and turned to find some sustenance that was more attainable.

She heard something further up or maybe it was down. She moved towards it until she came upon the image of a shadowed, yellow lined buck in the stream. She held her laughter back as he plunged his face into the chilled water. (She really couldn't laugh too much at that, she'd tried that one before herself -- it hadn't worked but it'd ended better than when she'd tried using a worn stick with a sharp edge as some poking weapon in hopes to spear one.)

Once he was on the bank, she sauntered out. It wasn't until she was sure he'd be able to see her that she spoke. "And whatever did those lousy fish do to you?" she laughed in jest. She knew and hated them, too. "I do hope in your wonderfully good mood you won't find anything so offending about me." It was hard to say if she meant that because she clearly was teasing him, stoking her own amusement at his expense.  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 pm
The buck scowled at the doe that had materialized to laugh at him. "What are you, then, some spirit here to mock a fella when he's tryin'a catch his dinner? I'd like to see you do bettah..." Now that he had caught his breath again, he stood up to shake himself dry, spraying water everywhere like any eaglehound would do, and assessed the doe that stood in front of him. It seemed that she was just teasing him a little. Perhaps that reaction was uncalled for. "Sorry," From Water said gruffly, "I'm jest a bit frustrated. I'm From Water, miss...?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 pm
The edges of her mouth quirked; my, was he testy. That was an interesting idea and she wondered if she could actually pretend to be some spirit -- perhaps in the future, that might be too much teasing for this buck. With a shake of her head, "Oh, not a spirit," she answered.

He was the gruff sort it seemed, in fact he reminded her of her eaglehound when it was being outsmarted by something trivial (a foxbun or mongoose, perhaps). She might have to keep her distance then. Although teasing did wonders to lift her mood after failing at fishing, she still didn't want to get into a physical fight with another kin or anything that might get one over on her.

"No reason for apologies. Fish are terribly irritating," she grinned. She moved closer and let her eyes shift to the water. Astounding that she could see the damn things but never catch them. Her mouth twitched before she turned back to the buck. "Lull in Sunlight is what they call me," she offered.  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:56 pm
From Water decided that Lull in Sunlight was quite pretty as she inched closer to him. "Well, mizz Lull, even if they are past irritating, I need to have something for dinner tonight. I don't suppose you have any suggestions, do you?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm
She let her eyes drop and roam over the surroundings. There were quite a few tracks around the area, some fresher than others. With a wide smile, she turned back to the buck. "I can't help you with catching fish, but how do you feel about muskrat?"  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:23 pm
From Water considered the suggestion for a moment before nodding agreeably. "Wouldn't be my first choice, but at this point, I'll jes' take what I can git." His stomach rumbled in agreement.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm
"A wise decision," she replied, voice sweet with amusement. He may not be a fisher but at least he was not inapt at decision making. Perhaps he even had some intelligence.

She let her gaze drop, took in the pitter patter of feet and found the direction the den would lie in. It wasn't far from the frequency of the tracks. "There looks to be a muskrat den near. Are you any good at hunting?"  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 am
From Water shook his head bashfully. "I'm not partic'lar'y good at much of anyfink, I'm afraid. Jes' tell me what to do."  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm
Of course he wasn't. It was exactly her luck. She wanted to scowl and stomp off and maybe curse. Except she was sorely in need of some amusement. And he might be able to provide that at least.

Tell me what to do. That was a little bit refreshing. All right then.

"Once we find the den, all you have to do is wait for them to come running and catch one. I'll scare them out," because it'd be far more amusing to see him scrabbling after one than collapsing the mud housing that held soon-to-be food.

She began, with an almost flirty swish of her tail, towards the tracks. "Coming?"  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 pm
From Water nodded and hurried after her to take up a position near the entrance of the muskrat den.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:04 pm
Lull in Sunlight let herself consider the best way to go about flushing them out. She didn't want to crush them, not when her hound wasn't there to dig them out. It was tiring work attempting to use hooves and nose to find hopefully dead critters to eat. She opted for the easiest method.

Slipping into the stream, she placed her front hooves on the mound. These dens were always stronger than they appeared. It however was no match for a full grown kimeti and by the time three hooves were pressing down on the hollow den, it was beginning to collapse. Four hooves and there was a wild rush as a family of muskrats began to pour out.

She smiled and watched to see how he'd do.  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm
From Water pounced quickly, but he hadn't expected the buggers to be be so fast. The adults evaded him easily, and when he stood up, all he had was a tiny baby dangling by its tail in his mouth to show for his efforts. "Mmmf, domf ffing fiif ifff adeggaf," he attempted to say without dropping it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm
Inwardly she laughed. He was absolutely dreadful at hunting. And while it was, in a sense, a travesty that he (or any kin) was so pathetic, it made her feel amazing when she thought of her own successes. She might have looked as silly as he currently did as a mere filly and that only served to make the amusement in her eyes more apparent until she giggled.

"At least you caught something," she grinned. She began to move forward, hooves and legs streaked with dirt, skimming through the water and not caring at the moment for how it made the dirt into mud sticking to her fur. Once she was close enough she examined the wiggling muskrat. Oh, that would never do. It was more bone and fur than meat. She shook her head, "Let the poor thing go. I'll find you something better."

She turned and began to look around. What easy prey was waiting to meet its death?  

anemosagkelos

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm
From Water dropped the muskrat back in the water and climbed onto the streambank. The shadows were getting long, but maybe it was worth a shot. "Snakes...are a quick catch, if they've jus' eaten or they've been sunnin' the'selves a bit too long. Not much for meat, but they taste good wif some greens mixed in..." He felt a twinge of embarassment; this doe certainly seemed to prefer a meatier diet.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff