Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] Could I Persuade You (Evening Tide, Lull in Sunlight) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm
User Image There was something to be said for sunlight; even if she preferred, more often than not, the shadows, there were things the reflective rays did that draping darkness did not. She stood on the edge of a clear pool as she admired the glisten before dipping her head down to take a drink. It was safe, she knew, as her hound had drank from it hours earlier and it was now hunting. Or at least it had better be hunting, she didn't keep it to look pretty by her side (although sometimes she thought it did).

She was alone and not even the sun's tricks of glitter could keep her fixated today. She needed something to do, needed to come along someone with intelligence. Intelligence no bigger than a grain of sand would be appreciated, at this point. It was rather hard to be picky about company when one was alone. She sighed, stared at the water's surface, wondering what she might have to promise the Motherfather for someone, anyone, to appear. Not that she would, things like tended to work out sideways and curved. She could still think about it though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was a deliciously warm day, perfect, in his mind, for conversation with someone or something actually possessing a bit of wit. Sadly, he had found no such conversation partners this day, and was vaguely discouraged and annoyed. Where were the Kimeti with intelligence? Or the Kiokote with their plains-dry humor and too-fast voices?

He let loose a sigh, part disgusted, part resigned that he would likely be searching for days to relieve his boredom, and broke through a copse of trees to stand in the sunlight by a shining pond. If no one held the ability to speak, then he could dream them, he supposed, during a well-deserved nap. It was as he lowered his head to drink that he noticed the pink and black doe further down the waterline. Pray to the Swampmother that she was intelligent.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm
Her ears flicked then perked at the subtle sound. It could be nothing more than a toad or something like it scurrying around. Except the release of breath after sounded as though it was something much bigger. She turned her head to the side, towards the mystery and felt her lips thin as her mouth pulled into a smile. That was a nice looking buck -- and even if he was dull-witted, at least she could appreciate his brightness in appearance!

She wondered what kind of doe he preferred. It wouldn't do to run him off and she had to duck her head to make sure she didn't continue to stare (half in thought and half at him). She waited a breath before looking up and taking a step forward, looking pleased to see him. "Hello," she greeted, "it's so nice to see someone -- so bright!" It was a compliment or half of one if he turned out to be only brightly colored and not so intelligent as she wished.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:34 pm
"I suppose you must be remarking on my colors, not my intelligence, miss. But yes, it might be nice to see one as vivid as I in a section of swamp so typically dull." His eyebrow, raised in a mocking review of her words, indicated that he thought she was...less than "bright" for her choice in words. She was pretty, though, if he looked closely, and he did, observing her red eyes and intriguing stripes. "What brings you to this area? I've found it mostly deserted in recent times, despite the relative beauty."  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:23 pm
"Yes, it was in reference to your colors unless there is some sign on your pelt that proclaims how clever you are," she responded with a half-amused grin. He must think himself bright in mind if he took such offense to her comment; that was rather pointless seeing as they had only seen each other for a flash of time and there was no way that either could know of the others intelligence or lack thereof.

She took a slow step forward and with a look of interest that might have bordered on predatory, decided to find out if he used his mind. "I do apologize if you found such a shallow compliment offensive," she started. A response grew in her mind to his question and she considered blatantly telling a tale solely to see how he would react. He might find it wholly offensive being lied to -- if he could tell he was being lied to.

"That is a wonderful question. Perhaps I am simply passing through? Or it could be that I am looking for another kin?" she gave her head a shake as she moved ever closer. "Perhaps I know that there is a meal to be found in this area? Or maybe I find the rest of the swamp duller than this place." She stopped then, giving an extra firm stamp of her hoof next to an eaglehound's pawprint in a patch of mud. "Which one do you think it is, oh so bright one?" she teased.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:23 pm
"Ah, a test. Very well, miss, if you insist on making me extrapolate your motives for being here, I shall." He inhaled, glanced around, and spoke once again.

"Since, as I said earlier, this area has been deserted for a time, I doubt you're looking for someone in particular; this area only claims the water as beauty, and is no match for the fields of flowers that bloom closer to the heart of the Swamp. I suppose you could be passing through, though I would venture a guess that you would have moved on by now unless you are particularly weak, and the fresh prints of the eaglehound there by your hoof indicate that your companion is off somewhere, likely hunting, as eaglehounds are most proficient at such things." It was said in a bored tone, as though he could care no less for such a test.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:58 pm
As the buck spoke, she nodded her head along in time with his deductions. And yet there was no betrayal of what she actually thought of his words. The doe's attention was quietly split between his voice and the sounds of the swamp -- no sign yet to indicate that the pet was returning.

"You can follow leads, ones very clearly indicated on purpose at least. That I will give you," she replied. She moved nearer and gave a walk around him before stopping on his other side, the better to see her eaglehound should she break through where she had vanished earlier. "There were flaws, you know, for this place does not seem so deserted now. There's you and me," she smiled, "and who even says that I like fields of flowers? With a good many does you might be right but not all." (Which did not at all reveal if she liked fields of flowers or not.) She paused before continuing, "I imagine it's hard to define passing through, for the sun and moon pass through even as it takes them a whole day or night to do so. However, as I so purposely pointed out, you are right about the eaglehound. So that, too, I will give you."

She observed him for a moment before speaking again, "You do believe yourself to be clever, don't you?" For some reason, she looked quite like she had a secret then. An owlcat that ate the songbird smile sliding against her lips before vanishing under amusement once more. Whether he turned out to be as bright in mind as he thought he was, she at least found him to be brightly amusing. He probably wouldn't take that as a compliment but perhaps she'd tell him so anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 pm
"Believing one's self clever is for fools and ignorants. Knowing one possesses enough intelligence to make clear connections is something else entirely." He eyed her movements, marking her distance from himself and the eyes she cast to the trees closest to her. Intriguing.

"Make no mistake, miss, I never declared that you liked fields of flowers, simply that while this place may have its aura of beauty in some ways, a field of flowers will generally be more attractive to nearly any being." He nodded to his left, where the deep tracks of a fast, weighty eaglehound had been stamped into the softened earth by the water. "And while your stamping may have been an obvious sign, there were others closer and more noticeable. As is the fact that you are watching for something to come out of those trees. Your hound, most likely. I presume that it would not take well to seeing me in between the two of you."

He lifted a mocking brow. "Have I passed your tests, or do you require more?"  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm
She laughed, a high merry sound, "On that it would see we agree." There were only the briefest times that she ever thought fools might truly be the wise ones, moments when she'd found her patience tried or lost what she thought should have been hers, where one hoof was all that kept her mind balanced. This however wasn't one of those times; they were rare and if anything this buck was a breath of fresh air. He was bright and eye-catching, a gleaming gem that would hopefully continue to shine. And he actually used his mind. She couldn't help thinking to herself, Motherfather, please don't let him become a disappointment.

It was a general truth. Common sense. Neither of which she felt applied to her. Still she said nothing on it, that might show herself and it was a wonderful thing to be cloaked in shadow. Instead she grinned sweetly. "It doesn't like to share, I'm afraid." (Nor did she -- like doe, like hound.) "Lucky for you, the beast may be too busy to return in time to notice you or maybe this kind mistress would command it to leave you be," she continued. It would be fun to see what he would do if her hound showed up. Entertaining even.

"Oh, that will do for now. There does appear to be something in that head of yours but perhaps later something will occur to me." The longer she spoke the more it was clear she was amused; or perhaps merely relieved to have an intelligent conversation for once. A buck would could think for himself. Though she might still be able to lead him by the nose if she so chose. The former was far more interesting right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 pm
"Wondrous." His tone was as dry as the swamp was wet. "I'm certain that should you create further tests, they'll be more inventive than such mundane tasks."

Tide could only hope for a challenge; too few of his chance meetings were with beings of any sort of intelligence, and yet, here was a doe with wit and a sharp tongue.

"Perhaps, in our cases, these general truths and common sense would give way to atypical truths and uncommon sense, as you seem to rise above the rest of the herd, as do I. An intriguing thought, for myself."

He smiled, and said calmly, "As for your hound, I'm quite certain my songbird will be obliged to send signal when it returns. After all, a fight between a loyal companion and perceived interloper could turn dangerous for all involved, including said companion's company."  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 pm
As a male that seemed beleaguered by the common, the dry tone suited him. "Oh what flattery," she teased; in her mind it was the compliment from such a sardonic mouth that made her ears twitch. She had spent a great many days and nights heaping praise and false sweetness onto others that she rarely found herself susceptible to such compliments. Perhaps her own habits had made her suspicious, not that she would show it. And in this case, she felt it was true.

"The exceptions to the rule," she added. It was more of reflex, it came to her mind and fit so well with what he said that she said it. And it appeared to be true. He seemed to be quite more than most she met, refreshing and yet it could be troublesome. For now it was merely nice.

Her eyes lifted upward, not in any thought of seeing said songbird, to gauge the idea. A flighty little thing could be useful. She gave a nod of approval all the while considering the idea of finding one of her own. "Helpful of it and while my hound does hate to share, a fight can certainly be avoided. An untrained hound would be a disaster." Not to mention a terrible reflection on herself.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 pm
"Indeed, untrained pets are a hindrance at the best of times. I'll admit to finding some pleasure in your company; I should hate to have such intriguing banter cut short by fight and injury." Tide cast his eye to the pond, and bent his head to drink again, allowing the female time to ponder.

During his drink, he took the time to weigh his next move in this strategic conversation. "I'm called Evening Tide, by the way. The bird is called Foam, though I'll introduce you properly when the pets have returned."

It was a sign of acceptance that he gave this doe his name; a mark that she had earned respect for her wit. There were many Kimeti and a few Kiokote around the swamp who had met the blue buck and walked away with the mystery of his name stinging ore for the way he had talked down at them like the fools he judged them to be.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:11 am
"Only some?" she pretended to pout. It lasted only a moment as she paid her own compliment, "A fair assessment, I suppose, as your company is nothing to scoff at."

As he drinks, she admired him. There were enough bucks that pleased her eye; most were nothing more than pretty to look at. He might have been one of an uncounted many that was fine to look at but he was already proving to be the one that she could actually converse with -- without losing her mind as she pretended the common or the dim could be of interest.

There was no need to hide her watching of him and it worked in her favor when he offered his name. She could see how he was one where his name suited his look. "It suits you," she replied before offering her own in return, "I'm known as Lull in Sunlight." Nowadays she was quite free with her name -- a name was only just that and revealed nothing of herself -- though she had found it quite fun as a growing filly to offer names that meant nothing to her.

"Eyes Wander is my hound's name; she watches everything," she added as way of explanation. It was a fitting name for a hunting dog even if it might not seem so.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 pm
"A striking name, for both you and your hound." And she was a striking doe, pale pink and stark black. There was a deep feeling in his chest, a lively pull that makes him frown in consternation. It's true he'd never felt something like this--but then, Tide had never felt much of anything more than boredom and derision towards others.

"Well, perhaps more than simply some. In truth, I find your company most pleasant." A soft smile curved his lips, a flicker of warmth that flashes in and out like a swamp light.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:17 am
It would be a compliment for her to like another based simply on their looks. In fact it was the most common reason for her to like anything -- that likeability was often stripped raw by the time they spoke and showed no intelligence at all. This buck was much more than that and it really was an unparalleled compliment that she liked him -- flawlessly colored coat and exceptional mind -- exactly as he was.

"I am quite fond of my name." She began to grin though there was a slight falter at his frown and only when his lips curved upwards did hers become bright. As much as she wondered at the reason for his momentarily gloom, she made no inquiry. Still it might have prompted her to be quite a bit more honest when she next spoke. "That is for the best because I find you quite pleasant."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff