Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment for (4e Eberron Setting) The Wheel of Fate Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:33 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] Wirrin d Cannith-Played by Arc Vembris
  • 2] Claw- Played By Insane Kat King
  • 3] Dysmas-Played by Black Armed Death God
  • 4] Available (Though Interest has been displayed by Vorastrix)
  • 5] Reserved for the DMPC

[ Premise/Foreword ]
This will be a fairly standard Eberron Campaign. The central focus will be the Noire from the Last War, as well as the Last War itself. While the PC’s may be involved in spying, sabatoge, peace talks, or exploration on the behalf of a certain nation, it’ll be important that there is an eventual purpose of unity.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
See Eberron Campaign Setting/Player’s guide.
The Last War ended roughly a year ago, and tensions are still high as the Four remaining nations quarrel and stockpile weapons for what they expect to be the next conflict. The Twelve Dragonmarked Houses are still in control of most of the economy, and there seems to be an outbreak in quarrels between the Houses themselves as they seem to side with Nations in the Quarrels. On top of that, the number of Abberant Dragonmarks is growing, and a single house is beginning to emerge as the forefront for the Abberant Dragonmarks.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Your characters shall be a group of young adventurers who grew up during the time of the Last War, although none of you fought in the war itself. Strangely enough though, you did fight in the Last War, as well as in many other conflicts in Eberron’s past. You are what is known as a Lost Soul, a mysterious entity that has appeared multiple times throughout history. As a Lost Soul, you can remember flashbacks of your previous self, who was almost exactly like you personality wise and build wise. Even the same marks have appeared on your skin. You search through Eberron looking for traces of your past self, and ways to help Eberron move into a more peaceful future.
Also, a discovery amongst planar scholars has made people uneasy. Ancient round tablets marked into four distinct sections each marked with Old Supernal are being studied right now. What they appear to be are artifacts that channel the power of a device called the Wheel of Fate. Is this device why your soul hasn’t gone on to rest yet? Or is there another sinister cause for your existence?

[ Character Creation ]
I’m fine with any character made as long as there is one character that can fill each role. I shall have one DMPC that will be introduced later in the campaign. Also, please do not use any monster races (one not presented in the listed books below) or races that are introduced by Dungeon Magazine.

Available Sources: Player’s Handbooks 1,2,3, Eberron Player’s Guide, Forgotten Realms Player’s Guide, NOTHING ELSE

ECL: Level 1 Starter
Gold:6d4*100
Races: Only the ones listed in the above publications.
Ability Scores*: I want only standardized sets of stats that can be found in the first Players Handbook. This way time isn’t wasted in rolling stats.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points:As listed in the handbooks, per class.
Alignments: I still use the 3.5 Alignment Axis, with the addition of a third axis, honorable-Dishonorable. On the Good-evil axis I only allow good or neutral characters. On the Lawful-Chaotic, and Honorable-Dishonorable axises, I allow any choice.
Pantheon: Eberron Pantheon + Standard Gods (those presented in the first Players handbook)
Backgrounds: Eberron backgrounds with minor modifications only.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]Please PM me with the character sheets.
2]
3]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:52 pm
Quote:
Ability Scores*: I want only standardized sets of stats that can be found in the first Players Handbook. This way time isn’t wasted in rolling stats.

Helping someone with a character. Does this mean use point buy, or use the standard array?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:11 pm
Standard Array.  
InsaneKatKing rolled 6 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 4, 3, 1 Total: 16 (6-24)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:56 pm
well, rolling out gold, just to prove i haven;t cheated in anyway.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:59 pm
Alright  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 pm
Well, i've got my character all ready to go, except for a background. Being as I don't have access to the book, i'd like to ask for some assistance with that. send me a pm if you'd be willing to assist me, as i must be off to bed.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 pm
what about warforged...there are plenty that fought and died in the Last War...but i can't really think of an instance of a warforged that didn't fight in the last war, unless it was illegally created after the treaty.

also, on the matter of previous self...does it have to be the same race? and this prolly answers my warforged question....at least partially

also, how are you dealing with the marks? are you going with the classic rules of only certain races per mark, or are you allowing for the new rules of every race is allowed any mark?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 pm
The previous selves are the same exact person as they are in present times,meaning that they are the same race. For Warforged, you are going to be an illegally created Warforged, since I want the characters to not have fought in the war (Most of the PC's were too young, wheras the Warforged might have been illegally crafted, or was crafted in the literal last days of the war.) In the Past, if you want to play a Warforged hero, I'm willing to take some creative freedom and say that your previous souls may have been individual warforged like constructs in the past, that were individually made by someone possessing the Mark of Making. As for marks, all races can manifest marks,(example, the Abberant Mark of Terror on a Warforged due to his Battle progress) it just depends on how often it can happen. Humans are the race that often manifest the most dragonmarks. Races like tieflings, Dragonborn, Warforged, and other races that are rare themselves in Eberron don't have a high chance to manifest the marks, but that doesn't mean it can't happen  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:00 pm
*bump*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:48 pm
I'm working on a new idea, are you allowing hybrids?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 pm
I will allow hybrids if you can explain how they stay a hybrid throughout their different lives.  
Arc Vembris rolled 6 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 2, 1, 4, 2 Total: 14 (6-24)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:16 pm
big money  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 pm
well, i wasn't just asking about the abberant marks, i was asking if for instance, a human could have the mark of healing, or a dwarf have a mark of making?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 am
Yes they can.  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:08 pm
hmm, thanks for letting me know...and reserving me a spot, kinda...i'll prolly work on it during big bang  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff